Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration - NYSC (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (58384 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Preciousify(f): 5:30am On Apr 06, 2017
segunk1:

Ahn ahn wait now, u wee see chumchincheesycheesy
Moreover shebi I hear say we don comot for recession
Recession stil dey ooo!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by segunk1(m): 12:20am On Apr 07, 2017
Preciousify:
Recession stil dey ooo!

Lol issoryt.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by MissLadyJay(f): 1:30am On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:

2014 is three years ago. Bros, Kano is better now.
seun, Lalasticlala, what are you waiting for. I just killed a snake in Kano state
this is the problem I have with northern states, snakes! Can't stand em!
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mrphysics(m): 6:08am On Apr 18, 2017
MissLadyJay:
this is the problem I have with northern states, snakes! Can't stand em!
You didn't get the point of that post did you? Lalasticlala likes pushing any post with snake to front page, so to get his attention you must call snake.

To be honest, I haven't seen a snake in Kano, all the snakes I have seen some far is on Nairaland
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jomark(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:
This might sound as a shock against the popular belief people have. Well, I will be passing out on Friday, 7th April, 2017. Having been in NYSC scheme for a year, I think I am in the best position to make my analysis. Well, so many persons believe that Abuja and Akwa Ibom state will be their first and second choice for NYSC, but the truth is that, Kano state is actually better than the duo state. Here are my humble submission.

State Allowance
Unlike what it used to be before, Akwa Ibom is no longer paying the N10,000 monthly allowance to corps members, same as Abuja, and hence there is no need going to these states. While N5,000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, i wonder why anyone will not go for Kano. Kano state has started paying corps member, they started with this Batch A who are about to pass out. Hence, since N5000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, choosing the two state is to live a life of no savings during the service year.

Place of Primary Assignment
If you are looking for a good place to be during your service year, then Kano state should be your first choice. With lots of industries using NYSC labour, Kano state has proven to absorb more corps members than most other states. As a commercial city, Kano has become a home to numerous corps members who have gotten a work or gotten themselves in different business while serving their country.

Cheap Food
Let's just say that, a sachet of water is still sold for N5 in Kano, a cup of beans sold for N40 in Kano, these prices is what you will never get in Abuja or Akwa Ibom. My colleagues serving in both states have been crying, that though some PPA's pays N10k, it becomes useless as the purchasing power of money is low in the two states. I still buy my tomatoes for N40, pepper N10, and Onions N10, these items will be in good quantity except if you are serving in Sabon gari where Igbo's and Yoruba's dominate for business purposes. Things are relatively cheap over here and there is no way your N19800, won't remain at the end of the month.

Security
For one year that I have been in Kano, I can tell you that we have enjoyed a peaceful atmosphere and everything has been going well. The NYSC officials has been great in the affairs of corps members. You are highly respected by the people for being a corps member and they regard and respect your security. Just go with your I.D card and you are always safe anywhere.

Development
So many persons who have not being to kano think that the city is not developed simply because it is located in the north. The reverse is the case. The truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu, and other states. The infrastructural development in Kano beats that of kaduna, so feel free, you are coming to the biggest city in the North.

Light
Well, let me say that Kano State enjoy constant light. And it is even better when serving in the village. Some corps members do not pay for light, while others pay as low as N100. Unlike what is obtainable in Abuja and Akwa Ibom. My colleague in Akwa Ibom and Abuja always complain about light, though it may depend on which part of the state they are. But even if you stay in Kano village, just be assured that you will always have light.

From the above reasons, I urge 2017 batch A prospective corps members to avoid making mistakes their colleagues make by choosing Akwa Ibom or Abuja and end up crying on the long run. N19800 is too little to depend on, or even paying higher amount for nothing. You are choosing Abuja, can you afford the transportation? Abuja is not for N19800 corpers. You are choosing Akwa Ibom, can you feed yourself for a month with N19800 and still have a savings?.
If you finally make it to kano, and you are posted to the city, send me an email, I will link you up to a good PPA, especially those that would be posted to Gwale Local Government. Thanks and have a nice service year.

Dedicated to Pocohantas

am a pcm. like how much do kano ppa's pay?
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jomark(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:

2k/month. Like I said, they have accommodation. FCE Kano pays 5k with no accommodation.

plz I will like to have your number
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jomark(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2017
isadoracheryl:
What's your email address for those considering to serve in kano so that we can get in conta
ct with you

osita.joseph@gmail.com
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Abiestomi: 10:03am On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:
This might sound as a shock against the popular belief people have. Well, I will be passing out on Friday, 7th April, 2017. Having been in NYSC scheme for a year, I think I am in the best position to make my analysis. Well, so many persons believe that Abuja and Akwa Ibom state will be their first and second choice for NYSC, but the truth is that, Kano state is actually better than the duo state. Here are my humble submission.

State Allowance
Unlike what it used to be before, Akwa Ibom is no longer paying the N10,000 monthly allowance to corps members, same as Abuja, and hence there is no need going to these states. While N5,000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, i wonder why anyone will not go for Kano. Kano state has started paying corps member, they started with this Batch A who are about to pass out. Hence, since N5000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, choosing the two state is to live a life of no savings during the service year.

Place of Primary Assignment
If you are looking for a good place to be during your service year, then Kano state should be your first choice. With lots of industries using NYSC labour, Kano state has proven to absorb more corps members than most other states. As a commercial city, Kano has become a home to numerous corps members who have gotten a work or gotten themselves in different business while serving their country.

Cheap Food
Let's just say that, a sachet of water is still sold for N5 in Kano, a cup of beans sold for N40 in Kano, these prices is what you will never get in Abuja or Akwa Ibom. My colleagues serving in both states have been crying, that though some PPA's pays N10k, it becomes useless as the purchasing power of money is low in the two states. I still buy my tomatoes for N40, pepper N10, and Onions N10, these items will be in good quantity except if you are serving in Sabon gari where Igbo's and Yoruba's dominate for business purposes. Things are relatively cheap over here and there is no way your N19800, won't remain at the end of the month.

Security
For one year that I have been in Kano, I can tell you that we have enjoyed a peaceful atmosphere and everything has been going well. The NYSC officials has been great in the affairs of corps members. You are highly respected by the people for being a corps member and they regard and respect your security. Just go with your I.D card and you are always safe anywhere.

Development
So many persons who have not being to kano think that the city is not developed simply because it is located in the north. The reverse is the case. The truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu, and other states. The infrastructural development in Kano beats that of kaduna, so feel free, you are coming to the biggest city in the North.

Light
Well, let me say that Kano State enjoy constant light. And it is even better when serving in the village. Some corps members do not pay for light, while others pay as low as N100. Unlike what is obtainable in Abuja and Akwa Ibom. My colleague in Akwa Ibom and Abuja always complain about light, though it may depend on which part of the state they are. But even if you stay in Kano village, just be assured that you will always have light.

From the above reasons, I urge 2017 batch A prospective corps members to avoid making mistakes their colleagues make by choosing Akwa Ibom or Abuja and end up crying on the long run. N19800 is too little to depend on, or even paying higher amount for nothing. You are choosing Abuja, can you afford the transportation? Abuja is not for N19800 corpers. You are choosing Akwa Ibom, can you feed yourself for a month with N19800 and still have a savings?.
If you finally make it to kano, and you are posted to the city, send me an email, I will link you up to a good PPA, especially those that would be posted to Gwale Local Government. Thanks and have a nice service year.

Dedicated to Pocohantas

Pls how were u able to cope wit d sharia law as stated by destiny? Cos its makin me scared
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mrphysics(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2017
Abiestomi:

Pls how were u able to cope wit d sharia law as stated by destiny? Cos its makin me scared
Don't mind him, there is nothing called Sharia law for you. It's rare for the indigene let alone you.

There are millions of happy people in Kano, those that wish to stay forever, though I have finished, I am still in Kano for a short time to enjoy the beauty of it before I leave for good.

The only thing is that you must dress decently
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jomark(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:

Don't mind him, there is nothing called Sharia law for you. It's rare for the indigene let alone you.

There are millions of happy people in Kano, those that wish to stay forever, though I have finished, I am still in Kano for a short time to enjoy the beauty of it before I leave for good.

your contact plz...my e mail is osita.joseph@gmail.com
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Maintain85(m): 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
mrphysics:

That's awesome to hear, dou kano has been one of my choice from the unset, even before getting all the above info. Have always willing to be there.

Here is my e-mail. Osilajaola@gmail.com (kano here i come)
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mrphysics(m): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
When I told people that Kano has started paying 5k, they refused. You can confirm from this batch A that passed out, they were paid N5k if you are posted to government schools
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mrphysics(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Maintain85:

That's awesome to hear, dou kano has been one of my choice from the unset, even before getting all the above info. Have always willing to be there.

Here is my e-mail. Osilajaola@gmail.com (kano here i come)
Welcome to the beautiful city of Kano State
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Ugobest007: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
The Difference Between BITCOINS & MLM, PONZI, GET RICH QUICK SCHEME...

NairaOMM ... nairaomm.com

BITCOIN in a nutshell is a Virtual Currency. Currency you can use on the internet and also convert it into physical currency. Now lots of people think that bitcoin is what you invest in and make money. Or double your money sort of scheme. My dear its Outrightly a No.

For Example you have an account with Zenith bank. When your act is opened you are given your account number. Same way when you open an account with Bitcoin Top Exchangers like Blockchain, local bitcoins, coinbase, btc-e, bitstamp etc a Wallet address will be assigned to you. Now Blockchain is your bank and the wallet address issued to you by blockchain when you opened an act with them is your account number.

In Zenith bank, you use your act number to receive, store and send funds. Same way blockchain, coinbase etc allows you use the wallet Address issued to you to receive funds, store and send it out. Now your getting it let's narrow it down a bit. You go to Shoprite make your purchase and pay with your bank ATM card is same way you need something online and then buy from a seller who accepts bitcoin & then pay the seller with bitcoin.

Lots of people always think that at the mention of bitcoins you are talking about Ponzi or get rich quick scheme no. MMM was accepting people to invest with naira payment and also allowed their members invest with bitcoins. Before MMM or any notable ponzi in Nigeria came on board Bitcoin has been in existence.

So my dear now that I have cleared you a bit know that over 2,000 stores in USA, 1,000 firms in China, many services in India, Germany, Italy accept bitcoin as payment mode for goods or service.

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi neither is it a money making Scheme, Bitcoin is a crypto/virtual currency which you can use to trade anything you want on the internet. To buy/sell bitcoins visit nairaomm.com ( 08087142616 - WhatsApp )
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by MissLadyJay(f): 12:18am On Apr 19, 2017
mrphysics:

You didn't get the point of that post did you? Lalasticlala likes pushing any post with snake to front page, so to get his attention you must call snake.

To be honest, I haven't seen a snake in Kano, all the snakes I have seen some far is on Nairaland
lol OK thank you
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by isadoracheryl(f): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Jomark:

osita.joseph@gmail.com
Sorry I don't know if am doing this right but am trying to reply to this message. My email : abazuomsomtochukwu@gmail.com. But if am not doing this right sorry
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Ladyklassic: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
obong003:
Wow, this is great. OP, please help me, i would love to contact you more via email. This is mine, danielobong@gmail.com. I was looking at Abuja o! But Kano, here i come!

Wow Jeez that's bad. Didnt know they do that in Kano
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by oluboom(m): 6:54am On Apr 22, 2017
mrphysics:
When I told people that Kano has started paying 5k, they refused. You can confirm from this batch A that passed out, they were paid N5k if you are posted to government schools
is it per month and is d state allawee for dose only in government schools
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jomark(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2017
isadoracheryl:

Sorry I don't know if am doing this right but am trying to reply to this message. My email : abazuomsomtochukwu@gmail.com. But if am not doing this right sorry

You are. plz I sent you a mail. plz check your e mail address
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mrphysics(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2017
oluboom:

is it per month and is d state allawee for dose only in government schools
Yes, it's per month. And it is for only those serving in local government schools
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by oluboom(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
mrphysics:

Yes, it's per month. And it is for only those serving in local government schools
so if you are not serving in a local govt school that means no state allawee for you
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by arcnomec(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
If you ever get posted to Kano,hook me up. #TarauniKofa #KanoCoper #winnersCorper #BatchB16Stream2Corper
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mycobacterium: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2017
please do hospitals in kano still pay med lab science corpers very well?
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by oluboom(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2017
pls which is better and safer.. kano or jigawa
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by kuchikau1: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
mrphysics:

have not received mine o! Batch b stream 1.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by tabithababy(f): 6:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Mrphysics, we all know you are being threatened. Sorry dear. Next time you don't create thread about how kano state is this or that. undecided

I can see you have even deleted the thread( i mean the thread you opened so as to share your experience when you were serving in kano).

Next time , don't mess with aggressive people

Because everyone is sharing their experience in different state as a corps member doesn't mean you should share you northern experience, I could also remember one Hausa guy threatening you on that same thread. Sorry dear. Shit happens

To all those following this thread. Please note that mrphysics is under a serious threat that is why he created a thread like this

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Blue3k(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2017
tabithababy:
Mrphysics, we all know you are being threatened. Sorry dear. Next time you don't create thread about how kano state is this or that. undecided

I can see you have even deleted the thread( i mean the thread you opened so as to share your experience when you were serving in kano).

Next time , don't mess with aggressive people

Because everyone is sharing their experience in different state as a corps member doesn't mean you should share you northern experience, I could also remember one Hausa guy threatening you on that same thread. Sorry dear. Shit happens

To all those following this thread. Please note that mrphysics is under a serious threat that is why he created a thread like this

Threatened over what?
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by drakespearz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
mrphysics:
Lalasticlala, Seun, and other moderators, please, do the needful.
Thankyou.
How about TARABA in terms of allawee, security, religion etc
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by drakespearz(m): 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
ammamat:
life in some part of north is cheap not in a place like taraba coz we are suffering here oh...specially on water.hotels don't even allow us to fatch water..no state allowee, is only private that are paying 3k ..govt pays nothing...we are buying a gallon of water 30naira....19800 is everything...your transportation to ur ppa 4 times a week....hummm but funny enough I didn't choose taraba
Pls I need more info on TARABA state I picked it as my 3rd choice
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by kkins25(m): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
mrphysics:

I never deleted any thread, you really don't know how Nairaland works. As new threads are created, the old ones keep going down, so if you want to check that thread, google it and you will see it.

regarding your baseless and stupid claim, I need not reply you because I find it a waste of time. It's so shameful of you to make sure claims.
whats d title?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

2 Ebonyi Corpers To Wed, Pre-wedding Photos Released / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.