Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62415 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 1:27am On Dec 27, 2009
tunku:

I'll wait for the independent audit by the u.s. congress into this incident. Remember they reported it as setting off firecrackers at first. Seriously HIS STEPMOTHER IS YEMENI HE GOT THE BOMB FROM YEMEN AND HE WAS SUPPORTED BY HIS FATHER'S WEALTH. REPORTED HIM MY backside.

Funny! grin grin
Do you believe that the US is aware he has ties with al qaeda?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Anabel(f): 1:28am On Dec 27, 2009
tunku:

I'll wait for the independent audit by the u.s. congress into this incident. Remember they reported it as setting off firecrackers at first. Seriously HIS STEPMOTHER IS YEMENI HE GOT THE BOMB FROM YEMEN AND HE WAS SUPPORTED BY HIS FATHER'S WEALTH. REPORTED HIM MY backside.

can you imagine this good for nothing human being, so he even gat family back up
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by folly24: 1:29am On Dec 27, 2009
this is not  a good day for nigeria's child who have ambition of going  to US,There are many nig in US, They will make nig to pay 4 this act, i hope nig govt can do something------SAD.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 1:30am On Dec 27, 2009
The U.S. specifically the NSA has very powerful computers that cull the internet and communication systems for triggers. I am sure that the list he was on was not because his father reported him. He had been on the list for at least 2 years.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Cyberfreak(f): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2009
The guy was probably under MK Ultra program. Terrorist my foot.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by TOPE20001(f): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2009
This is really shameful, it makes me cringe anytime i hear it on the news. Nigeria has now made that paradigm shift into the terrorism zone, smh
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Anabel(f): 1:33am On Dec 27, 2009
folly24:

this is not  a good day for nigeria's child who have ambition of going  to US,There are many nig in US, They will make nig to pay 4 this act, i hope nig govt can do something------SAD.

my brains are ringing, cant blive my eyes, i thank God he did not succeed, it would have been worse, but i know US will come after us through anything, i hope we gat a quicker response for any question.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 1:35am On Dec 27, 2009
Nigeria has just picked up the pace on the road to disintegration. An absentee president lapping it up in Saudi Arabia. An at-large Government so dysfunctional that no one is governing the country, And Bankstas and Imams inspiring terrorism and mass murder at home and abroad. If this pace keeps up we are well on our way to meeting our target disintegration date.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 1:37am On Dec 27, 2009
tunku:

The U.S. specifically the NSA has very powerful computers that cull the internet and communication systems for triggers. I am sure that the list he was on was not because his father reported him. He had been on the list for at least 2 years.

Yea but the US government did not tell you that. You read that from the news media.

You only accept what they report when it suits your bias!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by tunku(m): 1:39am On Dec 27, 2009
NO, I know that because the agency is right in my backyard. Instead of teaching your children the value of burning to death a pregnant teacher in order to cheat at a test why not teach them the value of human lives you asses.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 1:40am On Dec 27, 2009
TOPE2000!:

This is really shameful, it makes me cringe anytime i hear it on the news. Nigeria has now made that paradigm shift into the terrorism zone, smh

It's not catastrophic. wink
Nigeria won't be the first country to have terrorists.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:42am On Dec 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Just like it's not the first country to have internet scammers. . . . . .oh . . . . . wait. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by oyinda3(f): 1:45am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu, ezeagu, EZEAGUUU!!!! how many times did u call u?? eh
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 1:46am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Just like it's not the first country to have internet scammers. . . . . .oh . . . . . wait.  grin

Indians are worse with scamming.
Loads of people from the Eastern European bloc are bigger scammers than Nigerians.
Countries like Albania, Azerbaijan and Estonia have more cyber-criminals than Naija can ever boast of.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:47am On Dec 27, 2009
Just like it's not the first country to have internet scammers. . . . . .oh . . . . . wait.

neither would be the first to have drug peddlers put drugs in their stomach . . . . .oh . . . .wait
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:48am On Dec 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Loads of people from the Eastern European bloc are bigger scammers than Nigerians.
Countries like Albania, Azerbaijan and Estonia have more cyber-criminals than Naija can ever boast of.

Yet who's carries the stereotype?

oyinda.:

ezeagu, ezeagu, EZEAGUUU!!!! how many times did u call u?? eh

What! angry grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:48am On Dec 27, 2009

These are the professionals, naija boys are just photocopying  cool, anyways no long thing
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:50am On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

neither would be the first to have drug peddlers put drugs in their stomach . . . . .oh . . . .wait

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBx5SzmtT6g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

wink
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 1:51am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Yet who's carries the stereotype?

It depends on how you want to view it. . . . .
Some Nigerians carry the stereotype because they want to carry it.

Do Americans carry the stereotype of serial killers because they have the most dangerous murderers in the world?
Are you scared of white American males because Timothy McVeigh, Jeffery Dahmer and Ted Bundy?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by namski(m): 1:51am On Dec 27, 2009
Fire Cracker my foot!!! It does not make it any less harmfull in a highly pressurised container as in a flying airplane. Try a simple knock-out inside your room and see if Albert Einstein was crazy with his formula E=mc2. The only reason there might be survivors, had the fool succeeded would have been because the plane was not above the seas.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by TOPE20001(f): 1:55am On Dec 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I dont think u have any idea how much this would affect nigerians tryin to travel abroad esp if they have muslim names on their passport. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by maxuche: 1:55am On Dec 27, 2009
Clap for yourself then, we have enough wahala, we don't need anymore, feel like slapping this young man to next yr.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 1:56am On Dec 27, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I dont think u have any idea how much this would affect nigerians tryin to travel abroad esp if they have muslim names on their passport. cheesy

Let Nigerians stay in Nigeria.
One spastic bomber cannot taint 150 million population.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:56am On Dec 27, 2009
maxuche:

Clap for yourself then,  we have enough wahala,  we don't need anymore, feel like slapping this young man to next yr.

Who?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:57am On Dec 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Just thank the stars that nobody die.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by oyinda3(f): 1:58am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

What! angry grin

hmm you eh?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by mojojojo(m): 1:58am On Dec 27, 2009
PROFILE OF A TERRORIST

Until about two months ago, the family of the alleged American airline bomber, Faruk Abdul Mutallib, said he was just a devoted Muslim youth who was concerned about his religious duties in addition to his regular studies.

Faruk was arrested on a Delta airliner on Friday when he allegedly attempted to detonate a substance suspected to be an explosive on board a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit, United States.  

He has been charged to a court in Detroit, accused of an attempt to destroy an aircraft and setting off destructive device on the plane.

The young man had earlier graduated with a degree in Engineering from the University College, London, and was due to complete his Master in Business Administration from a Dubai-based university this month.

Investigations by Sunday Trust revealed that his parents who had agreed  for him to do a summer course in Arabic in Yemen from around August this year sensed trouble when he suddenly called to say that he was  no longer interested in completing his MBA and instead is staying on in Yemen for the next seven years for an unclear field of study.

The signs became even more ominous when he later sent a text message seeking his parents’ forgiveness and suggesting that he was going to become unreachable from then on. Frantic efforts to communicate with him failed from then onwards.

EFFORTS TO LOCATE FAROUK IN YEMEN

Sources close to the family told Sunday Trust that, at that point, the parents who had been exploring means of going to Yemen to locate and bring him home, decided  that they needed to take a more drastic action.

After some consultations with those knowledgeable in handling such matters, they then decided to alert both local and international security authorities about their fears for their son. This, they did, through the Nigeria Intelligence Agency, NIA, and the local representatives of its American equivalent via the United States embassy in Nigeria.

Indeed, a source close to the family told Sunday Trust that even up to a few days ago, there was communication between an American security official and Alhaji Umaru Mutallab relating to Faruk. Further investigation on the matter indicated that initially the Mutallab family had no qualms about their son’s interest in going to Yemen to deepen his knowledge of Arabic as he had been there earlier on a similar summer course lasting a few months.

Sunday Trust learnt last night that the family members were surprised that Faruk was alleged to have taken a flight from Lagos to Amsterdam at the weekend considering the fact that Faruk had claimed to have relocated to Yemen.

CULLED FROM DAILY TRUST
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by TOPE20001(f): 2:01am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

excatly, if some1 had died . . , . hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 2:03am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

People die everyday homie. . . . .
I saw a documentary on NTA last week. . . . . .The number of Nigerians dying every year in China is about 500.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 2:07am On Dec 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

People die everyday homie. . . . .
I saw a documentary on NTA last week. . . . . .The number of Nigerians dying every year in China is about 500.

You watching Scarface??
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by namski(m): 2:07am On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

~Sauron~:

I believe every Nigerian would prefer to be in Nigeria, but please what should we come back to be doing. To count up the numbers and seat watching the politicians and others at the corridors of power steal the money. Even if we all come back, we still cannot exist in isolation. As much as this incidence does not mean that we are doomed as a people, the fact is that most of us have been able to keep our heads up and walk tall, because at the end of all the atrocities we are associated with as a people, Terrorism was completely out of it till now. We probably have not fully appreciated the extent of this situation. May God help us.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by bidemi12(m): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2009
namski:

I believe every Nigerian would prefer to be in Nigeria, but please what should we come back to be doing. To count up the numbers and seat watching the politicians and others at the corridors of power steal the money. Even if we all come back, we still cannot exist in isolation. As much as this incidence does not mean that we are doomed as a people, the fact is that most of us have been able to keep our heads up and walk tall, because at the end of all the atrocities we are associated with as a people, Terrorism was completely out of it till now. We probably have not fully appreciated the extent of this situation. May God help us.

Bro's wetin you just post. I am thoroughly confused. Please break it down in simple english. Thanks undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (57) (Reply)

NNPC Hikes Petrol Prices Across Nigeria. List. / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats / Maryam Abacha Spotted At A Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.