Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62266 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:36am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

What was all that talk about Northern Muslims not having the guts to carry a suicide bomb?

I think the guy probably figured it is better to enjoy the 72 virgins here on earth . . . 72 virgins on earth is worth a million in the after life. . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:36am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

Hey chill b . . . before the CIA attacks Nigeria like they did Iraq citing information from 'sources' grin grin

We know where they will base their attack grin
definitely not in Isiekenesi
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:37am On Dec 26, 2009
I hope their names will distinguish them from some of us without exploding tendencies
let them nyochaa all the [b]Mohammeds and Abdusalams and leave Ikechukwu [/b]nwanne m alone
Onye obula biko zaa kwa aha nna ya

you must be kidding right- you know all of us look the same to them.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:37am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

you must be kidding right- you know all of us look the same to them.

Biko the names are different
very different
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2009
Its now officially a terrorist attempt and the news carriers are opening the articles with his Nigerian identity.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:38am On Dec 26, 2009
Has anyone seen abuzola or Mckrackles?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2009
I think the guy probably figured it is better to enjoy the 72 virgins here on earth . . . 72 virgins on earth is worth a million in the after life. . .

No, it wasn't that the guy couldn't carry on with the plans. The bloody son of a cattle-rearer was trying to detonate the stuff.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

Hey chill b . . . before the CIA attacks Nigeria like they did Iraq citing information from 'sources' grin grin

Go and sit down. Was it not Andy Rooney that talks on 60 mins that went undercover to Nigeria, bribed the officials and they gave him a Nigerian passport claiming the white man's from Mushin or some place like that? So it's very possible for Bin Laden to be alive and well in your country. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

Biko the names are different
very different

grin Please tell them, in short Southern Nigeria Now!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 26, 2009
The American media is continuing its war on the Nation of Nigeria with the phony news that happened today. The guy is not a Nigerian. Just because he started his flight from Nigeria, they labeled Nigeria a terror nation. What a shame!
The link below shows the guy is from England.

Checck-out this link below:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2784810/London-student-in-plane-bomb-bid.html
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:40am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

Are you sure?  grin

Come on . . . racists don't care bout how Nigerian you are.
Any links with the guy they saw on CNN, and that's it.
0hsisi:

We know where they will base their attack grin
definitely not in Isiekenesi

Believe it or not, they'll go to the oil producing areas first.
Isiekenesi is not that far from Warri. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:41am On Dec 26, 2009
Federal officials identified the man as Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, of Nigeria, who was traveling one way, without a return ticket.
When they saw one way for Mr Abdulmutallab what did they think?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 1:41am On Dec 26, 2009
lol @ ohsis let the media keep using the names muhammed and al queda hopefully that would overshadow him being a nigerian. i have been watching the news and i haven't heard "NIGERIAN" yet are u ppl sure he's nigerian? . they are currently interviewing a passenger that sat in front of the suspect and they passenger said they all heard a pop, and then some volts followed by sparks
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:42am On Dec 26, 2009
Well, I may have to take a break from wearing native attire (not that I was doing that ) just in case someone mistakes me for Nigerian-Taliban. . .

he who ditches the native attire lives to see another day where he can drink a glass of palm wine and shout "This is the bomb" without causing a stampede. . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:43am On Dec 26, 2009
stillwater:

Go and sit down. Was it not Andy Rooney that talks on 60 mins that went undercover to Nigeria, bribed the officials and they gave him a Nigerian passport claiming the white man's from Mushin or some place like that? So it's very possible for Bin Laden to be alive and well in your country. grin grin

Me I just don't want them to come blow up Nigeria.
Those boys will get medals for blowing up Oshodi cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijawgirl: 1:43am On Dec 26, 2009
omo mehn. .this is aint funny-watching it on cnn
I am so ashamed of being Nigerian
tufia! cursed nation
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by igboboy1(m): 1:43am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

Well, I may have to take a break from wearing native attire (not that I was doing that ) just in case someone mistakes me for Nigerian-Taliban. . .

he who ditches the native attire lives to see another day where he can drink a glass of palm wine and shout "This is the bomb" without causing a stampede. . .

LOL,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:44am On Dec 26, 2009
ijeoma2619:

lol @ ohsis let the media keep using the names muhammed and al queda hopefully that would overshadow him being a nigerian. i have been watching the news and i haven't heard "NIGERIAN" yet are u ppl sure he's nigerian? . they are currently interviewing a passenger that sat in front of the suspect and they passenger said they all heard a pop, and then some volts followed by sparks

The Federals identified him as Nigerian, that's all that truly matters.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 1:45am On Dec 26, 2009
, hating the claim that a Nigerian attempted to blow up an American airline!!!! I think this is simply a way for the America’s secret service to push al-Qaeda into our country and start their destabilization our Nation. Please let's not be a victim, don't believe all their set up show, it is a pure stage managed propaganda to prove that al-Qaeda, which the u.s government started through the Algerian special military squad back in the days. The Nigerian media now needs to wake up and do their own investigations and not report copied opinion from the foreign stories that would come off the wires, like many of them would do!!! This is a very significant and defining moment in our country's history. Let's be smart, join the advocacy to unveil the truth behind this! A recuperating president, recalcitrant rebels, struggling power sector, wasted revenue, our nation is in need of a true redemption but not interference like the Americans are trying to do! Part of which is to achieve their stupid prediction that the country would disintegrate. Nigerians are amongst the most intelligent and cannot be made to bow to some ridiculous indirect rule! Nigerians, we run things, things don't run us!!! That Nigerian, if he truly is, is definitely being paid by the American government to play the role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's not sing a discordant tune Nigerians, let's be united on this!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 1:46am On Dec 26, 2009
If radicals of Ndi North tried this in America, God help Christian/Southern Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 1:46am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

grin Please tell them, in short Southern Nigeria Now!

If you met a bearded guy on a plane that tells you he's for Iraq, would you care what part of Iraq he's from before you start calling your family??
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by becomrich16: 1:46am On Dec 26, 2009
Well, I told you people so, and they want to give nuclear power or weapon to Nigeria. It is danger to the world.  The north can blow anything up. Dont you think it is time for the USA to go and on  Nigeria. When sept 11 happen America went after them on thier soil.  And now this. America should send troope to kick them out of nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 26, 2009
The guy is not from Nigeria.

Read below:

A LONDON student claiming to work for al-Qaeda tried to blow up a Christmas Day flight, FBI sources claimed last night.
The man who was travelling from Nigeria, tried to ignite a "powdery substance" on a flight from Amsterdam as it began to land at Detroit.

ABC News named the suspect as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, who was said to be an engineering student at University College of London.

He was early today being quizzed by police and the FBI after he told them he had connections to al-Qaeda.

The man set off a firecracker on Northwest Airlines Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers.

Spokeswoman Susan Elliott said the passenger was subdued immediately.

A senior intelligence official said: "He claimed the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used."

The man suffered second degree burns and was treated for his injuries at a local hospital.

Advertisement

The man, who flew from Nigeria to Amsterdam and then Detroit, was taken into custody at Detroit airport.

U.S President Barack Obama, who is on vacation in Hawaii, was "actively monitoring", the situation.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2784810/London-student-in-plane-bomb-bid.html#ixzz0alMvS8Kr
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 1:50am On Dec 26, 2009
@ Akeemos, let's not muddle things up with conspiracy theories. In 2001, some Nigerian Muslims were almost dancing unclothed for the glorious work of the warriors of Allah who have killed the bloody "American infidels". Some Nigerian Muslim nut jobs hacked down fellow citizens over a silly cartoon from another planet. The examples are endless.  

I don't think it is far fetched to say Nigeria is an Al-Qaeda nest to some extent.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 26, 2009
Ijaw girl wrote:

omo mehn. .this is aint funny-watching it on cnn
I am so ashamed of being Nigerian
tufia! cursed nation

You're a complete, dumb cretin.

Why not naturalize to another country if u haven't already, and disown your Nigerian family and friends as well?

Brain dead mongoose.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:51am On Dec 26, 2009

Abddulmulaad or whatever is a very popular Katsina name. The guy is likely a Nigerian student studying abroad probably. That is why he could board the plane without being harassed severely, because he had a British passport. I dont know why they didnt freak out when they saw a one-way ticket.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:52am On Dec 26, 2009
payless:

The guy is not from Nigeria.

Read below:

A LONDON student claiming to work for al-Qaeda tried to blow up a Christmas Day flight, FBI sources claimed last night.
The man who was travelling from Nigeria, tried to ignite a "powdery substance" on a flight from Amsterdam as it began to land at Detroit.

ABC News named the suspect as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, who was said to be an engineering student at University College of London.

He was early today being quizzed by police and the FBI after he told them he had connections to al-Qaeda.

The man set off a firecracker on Northwest Airlines Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers.

Spokeswoman Susan Elliott said the passenger was subdued immediately.

A senior intelligence official said: "He claimed the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used."

The man suffered second degree burns and was treated for his injuries at a local hospital.

Advertisement

The man, who flew from Nigeria to Amsterdam and then Detroit, was taken into custody at Detroit airport.

U.S President Barack Obama, who is on vacation in Hawaii, was "actively monitoring", the situation.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2784810/London-student-in-plane-bomb-bid.html#ixzz0alMvS8Kr

A tabloid as evidence?
are there no Nigerians living in London?
biko,don't shift the blame abeg
He is your brother
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:53am On Dec 26, 2009
You're a complete, dumb cretin.

Why not naturalize to another country if u haven't already, and disown your Nigerian family and friends as well.

Brain dead mongoose.

I am ashamed too. I am receiving texts from nigerians all over the US who are ashamed too. I would change my nationality if i could. sad
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 1:54am On Dec 26, 2009
I repeat that name abdulmullad is unqiue to the hausa people of nigeria- i have checked it out already.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 26, 2009
You're ashamed of Nigeria because you are dumb.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 1:55am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

@ Akeemos, let's not muddle things up with conspiracy theories. In 2001, some Nigerian Muslims were almost dancing unclothed for the glorious work of the warriors of Allah who have killed the bloody "American infidels". Some Nigerian Muslim nut jobs hacked down fellow citizens over a silly cartoon from another planet. The examples are endless.  

I don't think it is far fetched to say Nigeria is an Al-Qaeda nest to some extent.

Tell them o
They were celebrating in their mosques and streets of northern Nigeria
CNN right now calls him Nigerian national.I'm listening right now
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by sleekp1: 1:55am On Dec 26, 2009
The man is from outer space, everyone happy now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Hits Airwaves In Niger-delta / Military Arrests 11-Year-Old Potential Suicide Bomber (Photo) / Abiola Ajimobi Grandson Greets Dolapo Osinbajo In Yoruba "Dobaleid"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.