Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) (73370 Views)

Please Help My Head Is Rotting / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
yanshDoctor:
men this is gory. I promise never to look it again. sorry I can't render any help as its beyond my limitations. but I sometimes wondered why little things degenerate to something like this? is it carelessness or what?

You carry the title, do something grin

I wonder if there's something to all those thunder fire your yansh insults being thrown around by some people. This is just...wow.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by RisMas(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
Gory picture attached please.

Doctors in the house pls come to my aid.

Has this gone beyond bed sore?

Is there any hope for my dad to get healed?

Is there a remedy for the wound on us back to get healed again?

Is this beyond medical prognosis?

Should we look for alternative?
Please mod do the needful.

Bro, try and get black seed oil. They sell it at any islamic Shop. Give him 1 tea spoon 3 times daily after food. It works bro. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by pitchez: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Google Phytoscience stem cell products and reach me.
exxells10@gmail.com
+2348032804500

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by jimb(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=subtlemee post=55171073]Don't fret OP,it's pressure or bed sore it's just that you guys didn't know and kept him on his back for long reducing blood flow to the area causing it to ulcerate to become a sore and that rubber mackintosh is not helping..start first by getting a cotton bedsheet you lay it without crease to avoid friction on the skin,get a nurse to be doing daily dressing if you guys can't go to the hospital,any time he poos or pees use water to clean the area so it won't further contaminate the area and continue using the powder I saw it's good or use vaseline jelly after bathing him daily..then make sure you turn him like 4hrly to increase blood flow to all areas.

Please try as much to keep his buttos up . he laid on his back on that macin touch with his urine fr a longer time that was the cause of it.

Op use alor vera mixed with chloramfenicol to seal it after a cleaning .
it will heal
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
Go to the nearest Assemblies of God in your area and call the pastor to come and pray for him. Be faithful and trust God on this.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
You are so right...share more insight pls

I wish I had the time to,but google is ur sure bet.am busy at work.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Kingkamba(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Take him to Radiant Army Deliverance ministry. some of this things could have spiritual under tone. I guest hu needs serious prayers and deliverance.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by BiniShrine(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
He won't be able to make the journey. Too frail n weak. [aquote author=oludaniels777 post=55191607]Im a physician in the US.
Yes its a bed sore also called pressure ulcer or decubitus ulcer.
It is infected.
Your dad needs a extensive wound care and a plastic surgeon
He will most likely need skin graft eventually
In Nigeria this will be available at Orthopedic hospital like NOH Igbobi in Lagos

Click on the link to see something similar to your dads

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j_JG41LnUS8/hqdefault.jpg[/quote]
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by FriendNG: 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
I never knew it has gotten to this extent He's my dad. Is there a solution to it? Is there any good hopital around the north you can recommend?

Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by nwabobo: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
SURElee:
Jesus! That is bed sore o! Caused by Pseodomonas aureginosa, when a patient has been in lying position in hospital, they have to make efforts to treat this infection please and always change patient's position. It kills more than the initial disease the patient was initially admitted for. OP! Speedy recovery for your Dad, am so sad right now.

Which pseudomonas? Smh
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Upaka(f): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
I never knew it has gotten to this extent He's my dad. Is there a solution to it? Is there any good hopital around the north you can recommend?
Go to FMC Yola, Adamawa.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by A7(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
@binishrine

That is bedsore, common with bedridden people. Your dad can be taken care of at any of the orthopaedic hospitals?

Why orthopaedic hospitals?

There you'll find people with spine injuries who are unable to use their lower limbs(paraplegics) or both upper & lower limbs(quadriplegics). These patients develop bedsores right from ICU, or at home while receiving traditional care or no care at all. Fact is, the spinal injury ward patients are there only to treat bedsores, because as unfortunate as it sound, science is not yet advanced to cure severed spine.

From the photo you posted i think the wound can be completely healed in 5 months.

Before taking him to any of the orthopaedic hospitals take a personal tour to spine injury wards and ask the doctors and nurses in charge, also ask the patients how well is bedsore treatment handled.

If they do what i listed below, be rest assured he will be healed in 5 months or less.

1 - Cleaning the wound:
i - For infected and dead tissued wound: Hydrogen or salt water or normal saline is used.
ii - For clean, healing and granulating wound: Purit antiseptic or dettol/septol(mixed with sterilized water).

2 - Dressing: There's a term called packaging, this involves adding substance beneath the gauze bandage. For infected wound or wound with dead tissues, cotton is soaked in hydrogen or saline water, then applied to cover infected part before putting on the gauze and plastering. For clean non infected wound Honey or eusul lotion is used.

3- Taking culture sample to the lab: Through this the right antibiotics would be prescribed.

4 - Removing dead tissue: They are black spots inside or around the wound, surgical blade or common razor blade is used to remove them, in extreme cases via surgery(it is the same cutting or applying chemicals to break the tissue down).

5 - Repositioning: Repositioning patients atleast after every meal time. They call that patient turning. Turning patients to left, right, back or their tummy. This prevents new sores and accelerate the healing of old ones. Powder is applied to the skin before turning to prevent moisture.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by GogetterMD(m): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:

What us your dad on admission for? Why is he bedridden?
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by shinebabe(f): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
@binishrine. I've sent you a mail. Reply and let's chat.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by otokx(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Quite humbled but proud at the knowledge of doctors in this thread.

Nigerians have the theoretical knowledge but the organization and equipment are not there.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Amberon: 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine

Why not try God and see what you can do. Do not let this situation deteriorate more than this. You mentioned cancer and I tell you, most Nigerian hospitals would prefer to keep milking money from your family knowing fully well they are incapacitated.

I will suggest the SCOAN. If you go there and can provide evidence of your father's illness they will give you the morning water for free. Apply it with faith and this will be history.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
Amberon:
BiniShrine

Why not try God and see what you can do. Do not let this situation deteriorate more than this. You mentioned cancer and I tell you, most Nigerian hospitals would prefer to keep milking money from your family knowing fully well they are incapacitated.

I will suggest the SCOAN. If you go there and can provide evidence of your father's illness they will give you the morning water for free. Apply it with faith and this will be history.
reaching Scoan is not as u dey see am on tv dear
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
General hospital, assemblies of God, scoan, pST cHRIS, ARMY HOSPITAL, THIS THAT. AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT JUJU. ABEG CARRY PAPA GO MEET BABAS.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by yom2(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
He has been in a private hospital in the north for about a month now. It seems the doctors don't know what to do right about now. I just got in from Lagos yesterday... All I am asking for is a third party view after all we all here are family..
BiniShrine:
He has been in a private hospital in the north for about a month now. It seems the doctors don't know what to do right about now. I just got in from Lagos yesterday... All I am asking for is a third party view after all we all here are family..
no medical history or name of d ailment? I ll advice he increase fruit vitamins intake; lime, sour sop, sour pineaple, garlic. Cinamon,green tea and tumeric taking as tea in d morning. And aloe juice every 2days. All dis are suposed to halt d degeneration pending proper diagnosis.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by toofit007: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:

haaa! my sister or brother it is called (ise aye) plz kindly seek alternative through traditional means (ibile) no doctor or hospital can save him. look for good traditional medical Doctor Who can help intercede on his behalf. I suspect that illness was brought to him through traditional means hence, I think it will be solve through traditional means too.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by akigbemaru: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Let the bloggers spread this news like a wild fire so that people can contribute for your daddy.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by Fourwinds: 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
so sad....I wish him quick recovery

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by BiniShrine(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mail delivery subsystem is bouncing back my replies
shinebabe:
@binishrine. I've sent you a mail. Reply and let's chat.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by shomutuski(m): 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
is your dad diabetic?
if yes then thats the reason for d decay, take him to a military hospital.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by BiniShrine(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
He had an operation(minor) which I suspected was die to prostrate cancer... Which led to hi inability to walk for months. He was then place on a particular drugs for month ND he started walking again. There was replace ND the result is what we can see now. Bout going into a meeting with my peeps at home right now...
GogetterMD:

What us your dad on admission for? Why is he bedridden?
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by bennykelmaplus: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
[quote author=BiniShrine post=55169305]Gory picture attached please.

[/quote
My Opinion
I believe a touch from Power man of God will heal your father.
If you believe in the power of God, i will advice you to visit Mercy City, in Warri Delta State.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by GogetterMD(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:
He had an operation(minor) which I suspected was die to prostrate cancer... Which led to hi inability to walk for months. He was then place on a particular drugs for month ND he started walking again. There was replace ND the result is what we can see now. Bout going into a meeting with my peeps at home right now...
Let's hear the outcome of the meeting
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by 1miccza: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
BiniShrine:

As someone said it's a decubitus Ulcer caused by lengthy stay on a bed. If I am not wrong, about seven years ago, while I was admitted for injuries sustained from an accident, at Igbobi in Lagos, there was an old patient with such a condition. I think they can still do it . Try them.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by BiniShrine(m): 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
OK. Thanks
GogetterMD:

Let's hear the outcome of the meeting
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by MountCliff: 3:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
There is solution.
your Dad has bedsore. it can be totally cured. Take him to a standard hospital, a teaching hospital most preferably. there he will be handled by a Dermatologist. He needs wound debridement or or graft transplantation.
you need to do something quick before he develops sepsis.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by BiniShrine(m): 3:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
The whole stuff you can see that started from a Teaching hospital..... Religious reasons... Some people refused to touch him
MountCliff:
There is solution.
your Dad has bedsore. it can be totally cured. Take him to a standard hospital, a teaching hospital most preferably. there he will be handled by a Dermatologist. He needs wound debridement or or graft transplantation.
you need to do something quick before he develops sepsis.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo) by drlateef: 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Severe pressure sore. This can lead to sepsis(blood infection) and death. He needs bariatic nursing, improve his nutrition and antibiotics. He will need plastics surgeon to review with the aim of doing skin graft or flap cover depending on how much tissue is lost. He needs urgent hospital admission in summary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Liposuction: Abimbola Bamgbose Dies After Botched Plastic Surgery In Turkey / Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) / Baby Born With 3 Joysticks In Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.