Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? (30205 Views)

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Lagban(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
Handwork pays big time.
Your ability to persevere in life determines how successful you will be i.e there is no success without any trace of failure. Failure isn't the end of the world.
Shit happens : life is not fair however u r d only one who can turn things around yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Lush100(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
Deejay1000:
opportunities comes but once dont misuse it

family first anyother thing can follow

believe in yourself, love your self

trust people at your own peril
..... ......... .......... .........

yes ..opportunity comes but once,

do not trust people( especially when it comes to money)

prepare for the worst hope for the best.

take some risk, its part of life

and as much as possible never give up what u want to get
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Leonyluiz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
taught me.. nobody in the world cares. *if you fall.. pick yourself the fukk up and fix yourself up *keep going *keep growing *and dont give 2 fukks about anyone you trample on..
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by ayesco202(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
paulavon:
Never cut off anyone from your life or burn the bridges of friendship even if they have done You wrong in the past.

A guy who stole my money amounting to 700k,after some years helped me to get a high paying job in an international oil and gas company.

Another friend who I borrowed some money and refused to pay, he later helped in linking me up with a good business deal.

So in life you learn from past mistakes but still maintain contact.

Life has also taught me not to envy anyone I see in the day because I don't know what they do at night.
Wow! This is deep. Infact, I will try to get back in touch with those I've totally cut off in ma life. Who knows?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by DavidEsq(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Life has taught me that not every mother loves and wishes her child well.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Princesslomo: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by kannyluv(f): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
makasimatics:
I have finally learnt that I am alone in this world.

Every body ,both family and friends ,have showed me that I am alone.

My aim is to try to stay alive,and healthy,and as well, make it( by the grace of God) ,so that family and friends would recognize me again
......Oh my God.friends and family had made me to remain indoor and stick with my small phone..from school to house,from house to church,from house market.nothing more.......

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Tosbi(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thats because they truly love you and don't want you derailed... You won't appreciate it now but will when you grow and get married. Trust me, as a female child they have really done well for you to preserve you cos i would equally do same to my female kids too.

Your future husband would appreciate these more and be grateful to them.

kannyluv:
......Oh my God.friends and family had made me to remain indoor and stick with my small phone..from school to house,from house to church,from house market.nothing more.......
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by xreal: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2017
Early 2000, I was working in a very known bank, my branch was somewhere far in the north.

One faithful day, a typical hausa man walked into the bank on a busy Monday morning, he appeared a lil dirty with babariga, nicker and bathroom slippers; he walked to a staff and spoke in hausa language.
Hausa man: How can I open a pocket to keep money here? (in hausa language)

The staff he was talking to understood what he meant, but most bankers sabi form fake levels (I don't do that), The first staff he met wasn't an hausa by tribe but understands and speaks hausa well, the guy just directed the man to another lady(staff) who was from the western part of the country, he directed the man to her not to assist but to have a share of the fun.

The hausa man said the same thing in hausa to the lady
"How can I open a pocket to keep money here".
She burst into laughter uncontrollably and pointed to another lady for him to go and say the same thing to her, I noticed this thrash from my desk and walked up to the man while he was walking to the third person he was directed to.

I greeted him in a traditional manner and with smiles, I asked how I can help him, he responded in hausa, and from that moment, I communicated with him in hausa.

He said the same 'pocket' thing to me and I ushered him to sit on the guest seat at my desk.

I got him a cup of tea from which I also seaped.
He later opened up to me that he wanted to 'keep' 10,000naira in the bank.
I showed some excitement and said YES, it's a good idea, but I will appreciate he 'keep' more than Ten thousand.
To cut the story short, this same man made an initial deposit of 7million naira that morning, but I made sure that the first staff he met was the one who carried all the boxes of money from his car into the bulk room (while I wan doing this, the man smiled, gave me a thumbs up sign and pinched my ear) two days later, he invited me to his house, I met his wives and children (two of which were Masters student in the UK) and one a college student in US. I later left with another 4million cool naira to 'keep' for him.
This man later had several hundreds of millions in his 'bank pocket', which were in my care.

We became family friends, he was so connected to the who-is-who in the state; I used his influence to get jobs for 4 of my family members and 1 friend, all in FG establishments.

But, he forced me to remain in the bank, each time I get better offer. He told the regional manager that he will withdraw all he has in the bank once his brother(na me be dat oo) leaves.
So, that made the bank to increase my pay speedily even b4 due time.

Believe me, when someone walks into the bank with a well starched native and tailored suit the person might be a begger. Same goes the other way round.

LESSON: Never look down on ANY HUMAN.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by donprinyo(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Never vote for APC again

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by ariesbull: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Always be himble

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by ariesbull: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
xreal:
Early 2000, I was working in a very known bank, my branch was somewhere far in the north.

One faithful day, a typical hausa man walked into the bank on a busy Monday morning, he appeared a lil dirty with babariga, nicker and bathroom slippers; he walked to a staff and spoke in hausa language.

The staff he was talking to understood what he meant, but most bankers sabi form fake levels (I don't do that), The first staff he met wasn't an hausa by tribe but understands and speaks hausa well, the guy just directed the man to another lady(staff) who was from the western part of the country, he directed the man to her not to assist but to have a share of the fun.

She burst into laughter uncontrollably and pointed to another lady for him to go and say the same thing to her, I noticed this thrash from my desk and walked up to the man while he was walking to the third person he was directed to.

I greeted him in a traditional manner and with smiles, I asked how I can help him, he responded in hausa, and from that moment, I communicated with him in hausa.

He said the same 'pocket' thing to me and I ushered him to sit on the guest seat at my desk.

I showed some excitement and said YES, it's a good idea, but I will appreciate he 'keep' more than Ten thousand.
To cut the story short, this same man made an initial deposit of 7million naira that morning, but I made sure that the first staff he met was the one who carried all the boxes of money from his car into the bulk room (while I wan doing this, the man smiled, gave me a thumbs up sign and pinched my ear) two days later, he invited me to his house, I met his wives and children (two of which were Masters student in the UK) and one a college student in US. I later left with another 4million cool naira to 'keep' for him.
This man later had several hundreds of millions in his 'bank pocket', which were in my care.

We became family friends, he was so connected to the who-is-who in the state; I used his influence to get jobs for 4 of my family members and 1 friend, all in FG establishments.

But, he forced me to remain in the bank, each time I get better offer. He told the regional manager that he will withdraw all he has in the bank once his brother(na me be dat oo) leaves.

Believe me, when someone walks into the bank with a well starched native and tailored suit the person might be a begger. Same goes the other way round.

I love you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by ariesbull: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Never trust change chanters

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by pweeryambre: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
panini:
People may mean well giving you advice, but it may lead you astray.
The fact that a respected elderly man tries to direct you doesn't compel you to obey. Own your life.
Beautiful

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by xreal: 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
ariesbull:

I love you

Sincerely, this life is so simple; and we should treat it as such.

Thanks.
May GOD love and bless you more.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Deejay1000(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
Lush100:

yes ..opportunity comes but once,
do not trust people( especially when it comes to money)
prepare for the worst hope for the best.
take some risk, its part of life
and as much as possible never give up what u want to get
spot on bro
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by pweeryambre: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Tosbi:
Thats because they truly love you and don't want you derailed... You won't appreciate it now but will when you grow and get married. Trust me, as a female child they have really done well for you to preserve you cos i would equally do same to my female kids too.

Your future husband would appreciate these more and be grateful to them.

wrong!!! you really think people have in mind to preserve one when they hurt them, if not to feel good about their own selves?.. that is if some emotionally weak victims did not take their own lives before the future comes.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by piagetskinner(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
to never look down on myself even amidst the success of my pairs....that there's time for everything.... that I can achieve anything if I commit my heart to it....that people dont really care about u, esp when ure in ur down moments...to trust God in every situation, because He knows the way...to put God first and family second,every other thing is secondary
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by moiaimi(f): 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
Friends are deadly
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by NnamdiN: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
1. family first
2. you are all you got
3. Never have faith in any man
4. f u c k that thing they call love wink wink wink
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by paulavon: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
ayesco202:
Wow! This is deep. Infact, I will try to get back in touch with those I've totally cut off in ma life. Who knows?

It is quite deep, it takes a lot of maturity and sense of forgiveness to do this. Even my wife did not want to hear anything about them, she was very angry with them. But she did not believe the first guy will request for my CV and give me a good job.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by rukess: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
leave nothing to chance and be careful with everybody

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by bigsmoke2(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
Trust NOBODY

never expect anything from anybody

love is overated

Have many aquintance but have few friends.

Always save no matter how small

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Graccccccccy(f): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nkan ti o to nbo wa seku... what seem insufficient now, will eventually become surplus.

Be yourself and love it, a lot of people which they were you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by woodboi(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
paulavon:
Never cut off anyone from your life or burn the bridges of friendship even if they have done You wrong in the past.

A guy who stole my money amounting to 700k,after some years helped me to get a high paying job in an international oil and gas company.

Another friend who I borrowed some money and refused to pay, he later helped in linking me up with a good business deal.

So in life you learn from past mistakes but still maintain contact.

Life has also taught me not to envy anyone I see in the day because I don't know what they do at night.

I'm still trying to digest your write up... Sometimes we just have to let some people go, it natural to let go of people we love, but are not adding any value to us. It hurt so bad, but we all need positive vibes to stay happy.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
My biggest lesson was to believe a big man who promised to sponsored my academic years ago which he was unable to kept it.
But the day I made up my mind to trust myself and God. All my needs I've gotten them one after another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by martinsrichie(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
The road to success is always under construction. ...

The power motivation is REJECTION.

failure is the Mother of Success.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
1 To put Jehovah first 2 family second 3 Believe in ur self 4 dont depend on anyone 5 Let go of.people who will not add positive vibe to your life. 6. Save no matter how small 7 prepare for the worst to become the best 8 love urself and BE A LADY OF UR OWN IDENTITY.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
1 To put Jehovah first 2 family second 3 Believe in ur self 4 dont depend on anyone 5 Let go of.people who will not add positive vibe to your life. 6. Save no matter how small 7 prepare for the worst to become the best 8 love urself and BE A LADY OF UR OWN IDENTITY.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by afm4ever(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
xreal:

hmmm am speechless my dear
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
Alero3Arubi:
Learn to pretend. Nobody likes real people.

Be real girl,pretence can kill.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by sampark201: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Life has taught me, to take people for what they are and not to trust everyone , not everyone is your friend ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / These Resources Can Boost Your Marriage And Parenting Skills / Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.