Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? (30206 Views)

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by montezz(f): 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
ABOKI9ja:
fyn n u?
Great thanks
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Chubhie: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
ben4ever:

Do you have evidence or anything that supports it
Evidence that you are comprised of mind,body and soul?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by ABOKI9ja: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
montezz:

Great thanks
Good. Any story story?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by paulavon: 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
iamloyalty:

Sometimes u just have to cut off some people from ur life because there no need to stick with people who will hurt, use, dump u even family members. I did it and it helped. That's one thing that life has taught me. #positive vibes....

It is okay if you feel the need to cut off people you feel you don't need in your life. I have a different experience.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by kannyluv(f): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
Mzsolmi:
awwww...sorry sweedy,I totally feel yo pain.I only lost my dad and it felt like the world should just end talk more of loosing both...Ha! I go just kuku die join them. be strong dear and work hard for a better,sweet and comfortable future, they gon be happy and proud of you wherever they are.
. i am tryn my best to make it in life so that FAMILY AND FRIEND WILL RECOGNISE ME .
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by varmint: 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
It's a cold world, you can't afford to stay warm... If you do, they will eventually sap the warmth out of you. Why waste energy staying warm?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by bayocanny: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
kannyluv:
it makes me cry when I hear people talking positively about their family.......mine is a different case..........I knew not the joy of a family.....Is it because my parents are no more?. Sad mood activated
Issokaay dear, don't get depressed about it ok..they are in a better place, work hard and pray things will definitely fall in place someday. I share your pains but do not lose focus.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Jamo90: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2017
xreal:
Early 2000, I was working in a very known bank, my branch was somewhere far in the north.

One faithful day, a typical hausa man walked into the bank on a busy Monday morning, he appeared a lil dirty with babariga, nicker and bathroom slippers; he walked to a staff and spoke in hausa language.
Hausa man: How can I open a pocket to keep money here? (in hausa language)

The staff he was talking to understood what he meant, but most bankers sabi form fake levels (I don't do that), The first staff he met wasn't an hausa by tribe but understands and speaks hausa well, the guy just directed the man to another lady(staff) who was from the western part of the country, he directed the man to her not to assist but to have a share of the fun.

The hausa man said the same thing in hausa to the lady
"How can I open a pocket to keep money here".
She burst into laughter uncontrollably and pointed to another lady for him to go and say the same thing to her, I noticed this thrash from my desk and walked up to the man while he was walking to the third person he was directed to.

I greeted him in a traditional manner and with smiles, I asked how I can help him, he responded in hausa, and from that moment, I communicated with him in hausa.

He said the same 'pocket' thing to me and I ushered him to sit on the guest seat at my desk.

I got him a cup of tea from which I also seaped.
He later opened up to me that he wanted to 'keep' 10,000naira in the bank.
I showed some excitement and said YES, it's a good idea, but I will appreciate he 'keep' more than Ten thousand.
To cut the story short, this same man made an initial deposit of 7million naira that morning, but I made sure that the first staff he met was the one who carried all the boxes of money from his car into the bulk room (while I wan doing this, the man smiled, gave me a thumbs up sign and pinched my ear) two days later, he invited me to his house, I met his wives and children (two of which were Masters student in the UK) and one a college student in US. I later left with another 4million cool naira to 'keep' for him.
This man later had several hundreds of millions in his 'bank pocket', which were in my care.

We became family friends, he was so connected to the who-is-who in the state; I used his influence to get jobs for 4 of my family members and 1 friend, all in FG establishments.

But, he forced me to remain in the bank, each time I get better offer. He told the regional manager that he will withdraw all he has in the bank once his brother(na me be dat oo) leaves.
So, that made the bank to increase my pay speedily even b4 due time.

Believe me, when someone walks into the bank with a well starched native and tailored suit the person might be a begger. Same goes the other way round.

LESSON: Never look down on ANY HUMAN.

I don't usually comment on this site. I have no choice here. I've really learnt a lot from you. May God bless you and your family. That's all. I'm short of words.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by xreal: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2017
Jamo90:

I don't usually comment on this site. I have no choice here. I've really learnt a lot from you. May God bless you and your family. That's all. I'm short of words.

grin
We all learn everyday, our parents have tried, we should build on the basic training/lessons they gave to us.

GOD BLESS your entire household real big. AMEN.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by JhyMedex: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
jericco1:
It's not good to live a supercillious and surreptitious life.
Cld u expound?..
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by jejew(m): 8:13am On Apr 09, 2017
If I had to do it again,I will do it more better.I will work more on the area of education and learn a better skill.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Stevengerd(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
panini:
People may mean well giving you advice, but it may lead you astray.
The fact that a respected elderly man tries to direct you doesn't compel you to obey. Own your life.
Hmm! I Concur. Ur Vision, Is Ur Vision.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 10, 2017
Own your past. Never lie about it. Never fall in love completely.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
montezz:
Never trust a man. No matter how perfect they may seem lol.
Life owes you nothing. Don't get angry when someone who does less achieve more. Life is never fair.
Never rely on anyone.
Always choose to be happy with or without anyone.
Enjoy life....work smart....travel and love.

Far away boo of life, well said and on point, missed u
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by montezz(f): 12:16am On Apr 11, 2017
3rdlegxxx:

Far away boo of life, well said and on point, missed u
How have you been?
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:24am On Apr 11, 2017
montezz:

How have you been?
Been good, missed u tho
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by leslimark(m): 3:41am On Apr 11, 2017
Nothing rids you of appetite like picking up the pieces to your heart after someone's splattered it across the walls. But be mindful, you absolutely should not starve yourself; it's destructive and won't make you feel better.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by montezz(f): 5:52am On Apr 11, 2017
3rdlegxxx:
Been good, missed u tho
Awwwwww kiss kiss
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Fabulousb36(f): 8:23am On Apr 11, 2017
Never trust anyone, ppl disappoint.
Be a good friend and value good friendship
Be careful whom u hurt, no one knows tomorrow.
In life its everyman for himself... Survival of the fittest.
Live a life of no regrets by doing your very best in anything u do.
Family is everything, no matter what always stand by ur family coz frnds may leave u when the going gets tough but ur family members are stock with u, whether they lik it or not.
Never let anyone be the source of your happiness.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
That nobody owes you anything.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by stacyadams: 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin grin never miss any opportunity of banging any hot ppoosie presented to you...u will regret the pooosies u missed while you were young grin
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
All that glitters are not gold
Too many holy holy will miss heaven
Heaven will be a great surprise to many
Do the little you can do and leave the rest for God
We are only but caretakers on earth, we own nothing
The rich even cry more
No one without a problem
Life is all about activity
Be the real you
No hurry in life
Others first
Be honest
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by JhyMedex: 12:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Life has taught me that...
We are all leaders.. Leaders of our lives.. entrusted with the trust to be the BEST version of ourselves... And until we stand up and do something... Reach for our goals and aspirations... Nothing is ever going to change...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Chibuzopeter: 9:25am On May 08, 2017
Alphyno:
I have Red Liquid Mercury for sale at affordable prices, reach me on +2348105509545 if you're interested in buying...

Should u have confirmable red liquid mercury for sale,pls contact 08161100596 for clean transaction and get paid within 24hrs
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 08, 2017
life has taught me to never underrate someone or laugh at them and always believe in myself

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by AlfaAce(m): 6:44pm On May 08, 2017
xreal:
Early 2000, I was working in a very known bank, my branch was somewhere far in the north.

One faithful day, a typical hausa man walked into the bank on a busy Monday morning, he appeared a lil dirty with babariga, nicker and bathroom slippers; he walked to a staff and spoke in hausa language.
Hausa man: How can I open a pocket to keep money here? (in hausa language)

The staff he was talking to understood what he meant, but most bankers sabi form fake levels (I don't do that), The first staff he met wasn't an hausa by tribe but understands and speaks hausa well, the guy just directed the man to another lady(staff) who was from the western part of the country, he directed the man to her not to assist but to have a share of the fun.

The hausa man said the same thing in hausa to the lady
"How can I open a pocket to keep money here".
She burst into laughter uncontrollably and pointed to another lady for him to go and say the same thing to her, I noticed this thrash from my desk and walked up to the man while he was walking to the third person he was directed to.

I greeted him in a traditional manner and with smiles, I asked how I can help him, he responded in hausa, and from that moment, I communicated with him in hausa.

He said the same 'pocket' thing to me and I ushered him to sit on the guest seat at my desk.

I got him a cup of tea from which I also seaped.
He later opened up to me that he wanted to 'keep' 10,000naira in the bank.
I showed some excitement and said YES, it's a good idea, but I will appreciate he 'keep' more than Ten thousand.
To cut the story short, this same man made an initial deposit of 7million naira that morning, but I made sure that the first staff he met was the one who carried all the boxes of money from his car into the bulk room (while I wan doing this, the man smiled, gave me a thumbs up sign and pinched my ear) two days later, he invited me to his house, I met his wives and children (two of which were Masters student in the UK) and one a college student in US. I later left with another 4million cool naira to 'keep' for him.
This man later had several hundreds of millions in his 'bank pocket', which were in my care.

We became family friends, he was so connected to the who-is-who in the state; I used his influence to get jobs for 4 of my family members and 1 friend, all in FG establishments.

But, he forced me to remain in the bank, each time I get better offer. He told the regional manager that he will withdraw all he has in the bank once his brother(na me be dat oo) leaves.
So, that made the bank to increase my pay speedily even b4 due time.

Believe me, when someone walks into the bank with a well starched native and tailored suit the person might be a begger. Same goes the other way round.

LESSON: Never look down on ANY HUMAN.
I Will not forget this.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by AlfaAce(m): 6:54pm On May 08, 2017
Life has thought me to be bold.Life has thought me that most times . . HE WHO SPEAKS DOES NOT KNOW, HE WHO KNOWS DOES NOT SPEAK.My family's divided as my dad doesn't stay with us,Mum and Dad never had One Voice.Life has thought me that religious extremism is mental slavery!...Don't be quick to act sometimes.Don't trust ANYBODY.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by xreal: 11:56pm On May 08, 2017
AlfaAce:

I Will not forget this.

cheesy
Living a just life has just one basic principle....
Do unto others - that which you want to be done to you.

Thank You.
Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Youngetskilz23(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
Alphyno:
I have Red Liquid Mercury for sale at affordable prices, reach me on +2348105509545 if you're interested in buying...
my boss go call you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Life has taught me that never procrastinate; it's a bad habit and kills dreams and makes laziness a friend and invites failures and unhappiness unknowingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by pinky1974: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2017
Man can/will disappoint, but God Almighty is always Faithful.
2.that you should learn never to love with the whole of your heart
3.Have Faith and Believe in God and not man

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? by Fortissimo502: 3:59am On Jul 29, 2017
Everybody got problems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His / Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.