Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (11097 Views)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by xxgig(m): 10:08am On Apr 02, 2017
i love Psalm 23
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Zulu212: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2017
0b10010011:

Song of Solomon 4:5

"Your two breasts are like two fawns, Twins of a gazelle Which feed among the lilies.

Proverbs 5:19

As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HARDDON: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2017
Job 29:4- to the end!
As it was in the days of my youth, when i wash my steps with butter n the rock pour me out rivers of oil!"

Im Royalty

Gen 8:22
no matter what, a sower must always reap! So into lives, sow into promoting God"s kingdom!

Life is meant for giving....u give out CO2 to plants n take in O2, vapour goes up , rain comes down

U eat take in, u excrete ,give out!
Nature as designed by the all astutely mathematical God, is in a balanced state!
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HARDDON: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2017
Job 29:4- to the end!
As it was in the days of my youth, when i wash my steps with butter n the rock pour me out rivers of oil!"

Im Royalty

Gen 8:22
no matter what, a sower must always reap! So into lives, sow into promoting God"s kingdom!

Life is meant for giving....u give out CO2 to plants n take in O2, vapour goes up , rain comes down

U eat take in, u excrete ,give out!
Nature, as designed by the all astutely mathematical God, is in a balanced state!
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Proverbs 19vs4

Wealth brings friends but poverty separates you from them cheesy
Oshey ọmọba. cool
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HARDDON: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2017
John 1:1-5

....n the light shineth in d darkness n d darkness( of obscurity , of lack n want, of sickness n pain,, of strife n struggle, of a mediocre life etc) comprehended it not! ...........
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Redhot111(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2017
Job 22 v 29 wen men are cast down, then, thou shalt say there is a lifting.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Dan. 12:3; And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HARDDON: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2017
Finally:
John 3:16 for God so loved the world he gave his Only Begotten Son( Jesus) that whosoever Believes in him should not perish but have everlasting llife!

You have strayed and stayed out too long. Return hime to your source. The fish's beauty is within water, animal's beauty is within the forest, bird's beauty is in d sky ...... Your beauty is in Your maker, return home just like d prodigal son did. U aint made to strive n suffer, return home to d abundance of love n wealth of your father.

He came that we might hv life n hv it more abundantly. He wish above all things that you may prosper enjoy sound health even as your soul prospereth.

Return home
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by bengoodcreature: 10:30am On Apr 02, 2017
Isaiah 54:15, Jeremiah 29:11, John 14:14, Psalm 25:1
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by captain247: 10:32am On Apr 02, 2017
Psalm 91:1-7

91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day.

91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Jeremiah 20:11 But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by mni7: 10:41am On Apr 02, 2017
Ezekiel 23:19-20
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Radiohead6(f): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews/Judaism too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?
Faith brah. Faith....
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by MOSICATED5(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2017
Heb 4 particularly vs 9.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by mni7: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2017
emerged01:
The Muslims on this thread are so ignorant of the scriptures they are quoting. We are as a Christian are not allow to comment on Islam thread. What gives them the right to do so on Christianity thread? Pls mod should act fast on this. It is absolute nonsense!
the same way you guys are ignorant of the quran you quote
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HOLYDICK(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Isaiah 4:1 grin
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by mickeymimi: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2017
Ezekiel 13
The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying.

Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: ‘Hear the word of the Lord! 3 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the foolish[a] prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4 Your prophets, Israel, are like jackals among ruins. 5 You have not gone up to the breaches in the wall to repair it for the people of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the Lord.
6 Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. Even though the Lord has not sent them, they say, “The Lord declares,” and expect him to fulfill their words.
7 Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, “The Lord declares,” though I have not spoken?

Romans 12:19-20 ESV

“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
I love the Bible as a whole, but I love Isaiah chapter 35 and 53
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by CellTabRepairs: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2017
"Beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in HEALTH, even as YOUR SOUL prospereth! ""

And to anyone reading it my wish for you. Happy Sunday!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Need To Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Tekzyflex(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
Det 14:22
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by sisisioge: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Somewhere in Jeremiah...

He knows me before he put me in my mother's womb. He knows Me before he created me! Hallelujah!
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by iLiquidator: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2017
Even though I am not a chtistian, I like Genesis 1:11 and 2Samuel 11:4
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Hardexx(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2017
psalm 23
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Greenage: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2017
All Scriptures
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by YomaA(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2017
1cor 9:6
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2017
How many times will y'all ask this question?
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by tonex360: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Mine is Matt 6:33 smiley
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by oluitele(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2017
Romans 3vs10
[color=#770077][/color]For whosoever that call upon thy name of the Lord shall be saved
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by hylyne(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nice thread
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by good4love: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mathew 16;18. Romans 16;18&19
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by awoo47: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

1 Samuel 15:3 shows a very loving god in action

New International Version
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

“The slave will be severely punished for refusing to do his work.” – Luke 12:47

“Slaves, obey your owners with deep fear and respect. Serve them as you would serve Christ.” – Ephesians 6:5

“If your owner is a Christian, show no disrespect. Work harder to help a follower!” – 1 Timothy 6:1-2
that was then when grace was not available God even destroyed the world with water children of Israelite were Gods chosen ppl. But christ has died for everyone and anybody dat does not believe in him can't have everlasting life. So if u don't hv christ you are condemned already nt because of christ coming but because it was so from the beginning this is d only reason God is patient with sinners cause God wants everyone to repent nd nt perish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Heaven Like? / The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / What Shall It Profit You If You Gain All The Pretty Girls But Lose Your Own Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.