Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (11095 Views)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by JulianJohnson(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things;
Do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by jim16sha: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
MY BIBLE VERSR ARE;PSALM1 & 15
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by KKKWHITE(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Matthew 23:1-39
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Mastermind91(m): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ecclesiastes 12v1 Remember now thy creator in thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Julivas(m): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Philippians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by bejeria101(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Acts 2:47. Philemon:14,
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Akeema14: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
Matthew 6:33, Romans 11:25.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Taku555(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Rev. 21:4
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by akinademayowa(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Exodus 14:14
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by 99Ofonagoro(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
John 16:33, King James Version (KJV) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer i have overcome the world.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Gbenga0314: 6:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
Proverb 6:32
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by mytym(m): 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:
Happy sundAy to you all.

My favourite Bible verse is Genesis 1:1

Share yours

Genesis 1:3

And God said..."Let There Be Light!"

A physics enthusiast or someone with electrical engineering background will know that the greatest invention is the discovery of electricity.

And because man (a smaller god a little lower than the angels) was made in the image of God after 'their' (heavenly convention) likeness, our ultimate objective is to replicate God's works on earth. His first creation being Light.

Maxwell Equations (Electromagnetics) is man's attempt at getting to the root of Genesis 1: 3 . Their summary is that they will tell you there's no electricity without magnetism and Vice Versa...Concepts like Law of Attraction, Quantum Physics Light&Darkness e.t.c are ALL embedded in Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 1:3.

In fact it is Simply the Theory of Everything! As explained in Prof. Stephen Hawking's book-movie.

2. Another favorite bible verse I love is Romans 1:28

As they do NOT like to retain God in their knowledge, The Lord GAVE them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things that are not CONVENIENT.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Talk2david1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
Jeremiah 29 vs 11
KJV
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by Pchizy: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
A lot, but let me pen few:

Job 42:10 KJV: And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before

Ps 126:1 KJV: When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream

Josh 1:7 KJV:Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

Esther 4:14
KJV: For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Neh 6:3 KJV:And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

Eccl 11:9 KJV:Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment

Prov13:20 MSG: Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces

Hab 2:3KJV:For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry

PS 138:8KJV:The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Hosea 4:6KJV:My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

Acts 1:12KJV:But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jn 1:5KJV:And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Rom 8:11KJV:But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2Cor5:17KJV:Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

Gal 5:9KJV:A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Eph 2:8KJV:For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Phil 1:6KJV:Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jer 29:11KJV:For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Isaiah 40:31KJV:But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Phil 4:13KJV:I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1Cor13:11KJV:When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Coloss2:8KJV:Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

2Tim1:7KJV:For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2Tim2:15KJV:Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom12:1KJV:I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 :And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Heb 12:1KJV:Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 :Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 1:5KJV:If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2Tim3:16KJV:All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Eph 4:27KJV:Neither give place to the devil.

Isaiah 1:18KJV:Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Rev1:8KJV:I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

1Pet1:25KJV:But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

This is just few
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by estherhadassah(f): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
Col 3:2Col 3:2Col 3:2
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by kafeii123: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Psalm 144:12-15:

That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;

that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:

That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store:

that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:

That our oxen may be strong to labour;

that there be no breaking in, nor going out;

that there be no complaining in our streets.

Happy is that people, that is in such a case:
yea,
happy is that people, whose God is the LORD
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by bellenornor(f): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ex.23:25-26. Prov.3:5-6. Ps.46:1 Ps.125:1-2. And so many others
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HoneySwag(f): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
o pls respect yourself, don't talk about God in an insane manner. Even though u don't believe in him still mind d words u use to refer him. He's still the Almighty
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by HoneySwag(f): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews/Judaism too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

o pls don't talk abt God in an insane manner, even though u don't believe in him still mind d words u use to refer him. He's still d Almighty
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by 9cbaby(f): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Psalm 116
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by jojothaiv(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2017
Make it your aim to live a quiet live...
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:00am On Apr 03, 2017
. . . . And HE knew HER. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by EMFF: 7:41am On Apr 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You seem pretty smart. Maybe you can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews/Judaism too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?
My Prayer is that you might encounter Christ
Re: What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? by hopefulLandlord: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2017
EMFF:
My Prayer is that you might encounter Christ
direct your prayers at the gullibles who need it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly / Prophet Christian Shola Gives Succour To Flood Victims In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.