Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,305 members, 7,829,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source (28013 Views)

Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / More Facts On Magu Looting Funds Emerge - Daily Independent / EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by orisa37: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
You'll Mr. President unless you wish to be regarded " A DICTATOR FOR LIFE ". You're elected a Democratic President.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

i concur tongue

better..
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
xnsandrxns:
What if this Magu dies?
Are we going to scrap EFCC?
I just don't get the reason behind sticking with Magu even with the DSS report
If it must be him, let DSS clear him first

Oga magu remain the only person PMB trust for the job..
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
bolethings:
But with such a very brutal report from an agency like the DSS, wouldn't it ordinarily be stupid of the senators to pass a vote of confidence on Magu? Why are people just blaming the Senators who to me are not guilty at all, DSS even sent another report claiming "Magu would be a liability to the Anti Corruption War" As for as I am concerned about 15 of 109 have cases and those can not decide because it was put to a vote. Why aren't we blaming Magu who clearly couldn't answer questions confidently and convincingly that day? Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Magu refuses to obey court orders on cases? Why aren't we discussing the fact that all EFCC does is media conviction and when the same media was used against Magu it becomes witch hunt.

Why aren't we talking about the President himself who has shown that his sense of judgement and understanding is poor. Don't you understand what checks and balance means? As much as I am not a fan of the Senate, even Republicans last week votes against repelling Obamacare , they didn't just agree even though Trump is a Republican.

Please be objective and understand Buhari is just responsible for this outcome and he should be blamed not the Senate.

all the allegation against magu are with no evidence. despite everything Mr president still prefer him to anyone and that's none of the Senate problem because if Magu eventually fail PMB will take the blame..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by LionDeLeo: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
bilulu:

are they d only competent people dat can manage EFCC? dis is Wat u get wen u build people instead of d institution. wen u build d institution who eva is there will do d job right

The job of EFCC is strictly that of the police any where all over the world.

It is your types that will start shouting "arbitrariness" if this your option is adopted.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Daplux4:

let me ask u , did magu denied the allegations labelled again him or u want to support the president for his disobedience for due process and role of law

Yes he clearly deny the allegation and also said he was never invited for questioning over the allegations..
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by xnsandrxns: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Oga magu remain the only person PMB trust for the job..

Don't you think it will be irresponsible for the National Assembly to clear him despite the incriminating DSS report?
Why will the President insist on someone like that?
Think about these things
Don't just come here and say things you don't understand
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Daboomb: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
o[b]ut of over 180m people, na only magu fit do the work [/b]undecided

buhari na crayfish

That is not the issue my friend..... why are you always asking dumb question?

The matter has to do with PRINCIPLE.
*If Magu has done anything wrong, why is the DSS not charging him to court?
*Why should the NASS use the INEC REC's matter, to blackmail the Executive? Why not just treat the REC matter and insist that Magu be replaced?
*Why should the NASS be asking for more MONEY...with the unbelievable take-home package (which they have refused to make public!)
*Why should a NASS member being investigated by EFCC/Magu, not excuse himself.....instead of sitting on Magu's confirmation Panel?

But l agree, Buhari is displaying a very dangerous "weakness" on this Magu matter, especially how he looks the other way while his cousin in DSS (Lawal Daura) writes baseless report to rubbish his appointment

Buhari took too long to send Magu's name for confirmation...... he allowed the thieving Senators to see what Magu can do them
Ofcourse, what do you expect?
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
orisa37:
You'll Mr. President unless you wish to be regarded " A DICTATOR FOR LIFE ". You're elected a Democratic President.

And should take decision from the Senate before he can appoint who can complement his work?
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
out of over 180m people, na only magu fit do the work undecided

buhari na crayfish
and u bi STuck FiShgrin
u blind 2see that magu has achieved alot

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by comrChris(m): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
When are we going to shift our goal post from frivolities to things that matter? This is April and 2017 budget is not ready, 2016 budget was signed may and uptil now no body knows how the said 6tril was spent.this people are taking us for a ride, they all know their constitutional limits yet they will want to exceed it to bring argument that will keep the gullible public busy.

Buhari out of 180mil people in this country no one is fit for efcc job except your saint Magu abi,continue fighting the Senate.

And lest l forget 2016 budget we need to know how it was implemented
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Note, the 180m includes; new born babies, aged, disabled, sick, illiterates, youths etc. Besides, what is the total number of men and officers of the Nigerian Police Force, the officers of the appropriate rank in appropriate department. Stop this 180m thing.

And in fact the total no of Nigerian soldiers,police, civil Defense,immigration, customs, prisons,FRSC and any other para military is not up to 1m.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by LionDeLeo: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
danjumakolo:

And in fact the total no of Nigerian soldiers,police, civil Defense,immigration, customs, prisons,FRSC and any other para military is not up to 1m.

U dey mind am? Let him keep shouting 180m.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by GreyLaw(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
bolethings:
But with such a very brutal report from an agency like the DSS, wouldn't it ordinarily be stupid of the senators to pass a vote of confidence on Magu? Why are people just blaming the Senators who to me are not guilty at all, DSS even sent another report claiming "Magu would be a liability to the Anti Corruption War" As for as I am concerned about 15 of 109 have cases and those can not decide because it was put to a vote. Why aren't we blaming Magu who clearly couldn't answer questions confidently and convincingly that day? Why isn't anyone talking about the fact that Magu refuses to obey court orders on cases? Why aren't we discussing the fact that all EFCC does is media conviction and when the same media was used against Magu it becomes witch hunt.

Why aren't we talking about the President himself who has shown that his sense of judgement and understanding is poor. Don't you understand what checks and balance means? As much as I am not a fan of the Senate, even Republicans last week votes against repelling Obamacare , they didn't just agree even though Trump is a Republican.

Please be objective and understand Buhari is just responsible for this outcome and he should be blamed not the Senate.

You know why nobody quoted you? Because a lot of people here don't know jack poo about politics and good governance. All they do is hero-worship some people, while making sure to sound uneducated to boot.

In a democracy, there is separation of powers. People forget that a legislature that bows to the executive, will collude with them and destroy the country. The senate is NOT supposed to agree to all the nominations of the president.

Finally, good points you raised; one of the few sensible comments I read.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by holysina(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Bro the President will not change Magu cos of senate, If things go wrong we all will blame the President for it so Mr president have right to choose who to compliment his work..
Okooooo make e be as u talk. The whole of naija should stand still because of presidency and Senate pride. Waiting concern me self, any how I meet naija for December I go manage am so
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
xnsandrxns:

Don't you think it will be irresponsible for the National Assembly to clear him despite the incriminating DSS report?
Why will the President insist on someone like that?
Think about these things
Don't just come here and say things you don't understand

Oga EFCC is under Presidency even the whole Nigeria is under PMb and if anything go wrong the President will be blame for it..

Now tell me did the DSS invite magu to come and clear himself? Will a court jail you without hearing your own side of a story? bro Magu have been doig a great job and 60% of the senate have dirty hand and magu know their secret..

A sane country will never want to loose someone like magu..
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
holysina:

Okooooo make e be as u talk. The whole of naija should stand still because of presidency and Senate pride. Waiting concern me self, any how I meet naija for December I go manage am so

LOL we dey inside together..
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by holysina(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL we dey inside together..
Then make we make am better na. Senate sturbon, presido sturbon, the masses the divided, so how things wan take work
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
xnsandrxns:
What if this Magu dies?
Are we going to scrap EFCC?
I just don't get the reason behind sticking with Magu even with the DSS report
If it must be him, let DSS clear him first

Lol go kill am na. Jokers grin
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Morrissoft056(m): 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
The biggest desire of any man rich or poor is to satisfy and enjoy his moment with that special woman in his life, but the problem is no man is OK when it's comes to sexual life, there must be a problem it might be small penis or (premature ejaculation ) and might not last long in bed with woman..
To put an end to this problem and shame in your life NATUREHEALTH IS HERE TO HELP YOU
With our products.... hot delivery and order in Nigeria call our agent +234-7014585299 or email US@:NATUREHEALTHSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by xnsandrxns: 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Oga EFCC is under Presidency even the whole Nigeria is under PMb and if anything go wrong the President will be blame for it..

Now tell me did the DSS invite magu to come and clear himself? Will a court jail you without hearing your own side of a story? bro Magu have been doig a great job and 60% of the senate have dirty hand and magu know their secret..

A sane country will never want to loose someone like magu..

Is the DSS not under the Presidency too?
Why is an agency under the Presidency working against another under the same Presidency?
A sane president wouldn't have sent Magu to the National Assembly without backup
Let Buhari clean his house
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by xnsandrxns: 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
akpasubi777:

Lol go kill am na. Jokers grin

I don't have anything against him
It's just a question we all need to ask
Must it be him?
This is a man that has corruption allegations hovering around him
Except you are saying the DSS as a whole is working to sabotage the war against corruption
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Kdon2: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
dre11:

http://punchng.com/buhari-wont-change-position-on-magu-presidency-source/

If the presidency succumb at all that is the end of this buhari administration,cos the cheap blackmail by the senate would have worked. They have had people with more severe allegations against them than magu yet the same senate confirned them.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by bilulu(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The job of EFCC is strictly that of the police any where all over the world.

It is your types that will start shouting "arbitrariness" if this your option is adopted.
u re being personal.... weda it's a police work or not wen u build an institution bros tins will fall in place even d police u re talking about if u build dat institution well n place a corporal there he will perform more dan dis IG... BTW u said its a police job meaning we shouldn't get someone outside police but y did u celebrate wen Ali was brought from outside
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Bimpe29: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nigeria's developments have met a brick wall. This administration is leaving nothing to desire. It seems as an aimless and disharmonious system this nation has ever had.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Lancelott(m): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Daboomb:

That is not the issue my friend..... why are you always asking dumb question?

The matter has to do with PRINCIPLE.
*If Magu has done anything wrong, why is the DSS not charging him to court?
*Why should the NASS use the INEC REC's matter, to blackmail the Executive? Why not just treat the REC matter and insist that Magu be replaced?
*Why should the NASS be asking for more MONEY...with the unbelievable take-home package (which they have refused to make public!)
*Why should a NASS member being investigated by EFCC/Magu, not excuse himself.....instead of sitting on Magu's confirmation Panel?

But l agree, Buhari is displaying a very dangerous "weakness" on this Magu matter, especially how he looks the other way while his cousin in DSS (Lawal Daura) writes baseless report to rubbish his appointment

Buhari took too long to send Magu's name for confirmation...... he allowed the thieving Senators to see what Magu can do them
Ofcourse, what do you expect?
the DSS can't prosecute on that matter. Their job during appointments is to vet and submit findings only...The national assembly acts on findings... so I wonder why people are abusing senators
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
xnsandrxns:

I don't have anything against him
It's just a question we all need to ask
Must it be him?
This is a man that has corruption allegations hovering around him
Except you are saying the DSS as a whole is working to sabotage the war against corruption

You people just think in a zigzag manner which can make the most wisest man almost go gaga. Do you guys want the system to work sef? You are doing yourselves. Always ready to counter the president for kicks is not the way forward.

Search for Magu's case file as reported by dss, go through the reports and tell me whether it's enough reason to burn him down.

This is how to test yourself whether you will be able to direct or manage a business, company or even a home. cool
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Lancelott(m): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Before I start, how many people watched as the committee questioned Magu before denying his approval?? well I watched it and the Senate is not to blame for acting on reports from the agency responsible for vetting...
Maman Daura was appointed by Buhari and Magu was selected by Buhari too...now if one person says the other is unclean in the same house, how does the Senate fit into it??
Magu at some point was trembling... he could not explain some cases, he could not give the whereabouts of some recovered funds during the questioning... how is that good for credibility?
Saraki's job is to say what the decision of people in the red chamber is so why blame him??
If Buhari insists on Magu and Daura and Daura is tarnishing Magu, it means we are witnessing an open sabotage not from the senate but from Buhari's choices...
Let's not act as people who support an individual but rather let's act as people who support a goal.
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by xnsandrxns: 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
akpasubi777:

You people just think in a zigzag manner which can make the most wisest man almost go gaga. Do you guys want the system to work sef? You are doing yourselves. Always ready to counter the president for kicks is not the way forward.

Search for Magu's case file as reported by dss, go through the reports and tell me whether it's enough reason to burn him down.

This is how to test yourself whether you will be able to direct or manage a business, company or even a home. cool

Now who's thinking in a zigzag manner now?
You that you can manage a business and a company,
When a staff has been accused of having questionable character, you should put him in charge of your finances.
You people are the worst problem of Buhari
Everything he does is right in your eyes
And everybody that have an objection is an enemy
Try and use your head sir
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by 2016v2017: 12:49am On Apr 03, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
out of over 180m people, na only magu fit do the work undecided

buhari na crayfish
Re: Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 03, 2017
xnsandrxns:

Now who's thinking in a zigzag manner now?
You that you can manage a business and a company,
When a staff has been accused of having questionable character, you should put him in charge of your finances.
You people are the worst problem of Buhari
Everything he does is right in your eyes
And everybody that have an objection is an enemy
Try and use your head sir

You're just naive for my liking. grin
President Buhari has allowed him to operate in acting position. Work with that. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Governors Obiano And Akeredolu At State House(pics) / Deji Adeyanju: Speak To Buhari In Language He Understands During Imo Visit / Zamfara Residents Kidnap Bandits’ Wives In Retaliation For Abduction Of Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.