Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians (7804 Views)

Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / The Beginning Of The End Of The Bola Tinubu Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
My brothers friend, a pilot, who wanted to go to california for simulator training some month backs complained of how he was continually denied visa cos of his name, religion and origins. Even my own brother, a christian, had to replace Ibrahim with Abraham in his name to avoid oyibo wahala to just imagine how tough it will be for hausa muslim man to smell US After this episode.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2009
after 911 an Arab shipping company from UAE was still on the verge of taking over one of the busiest and most critical ports in the US. They were only stopped due to the public outcry.

it was probably the minor "Arab' or Araboid businessmen who went out of business.

abeg what's new. lipsrsealed

Does anyone remember George Bush telling people to distinguish between 'good' and "bad" muslims or how did he put it.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ochukoccna: 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2009
yorke:

I seem not understand what this poster is driving at, "the beginning of hell for nigeria and nigerians".who is taking us to hell?

Yes O! The thread's heading is rather sensational. U'd have thought World War 3 had erupted in the 9ja Delta
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Depilot(m): 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
You may not see it or understand it at this time, but this news is worse than our 419 image. If we are not careful this could directly and indirectly affect everyone of us (both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria).

This is an image we definitely do not want and we must all stand up and denounce this behaviour.
We must let the world know that Nigerians are great peaceful people, who do not believe in doing evil things to other countries.

Believe it or not, America has been nothing but an incredible country to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
edoyad,

The sad part is no one cares if you are Hausa or Igbo, The fact is you are Nigerian.

Lemme ask you, did you bother to know what part of Afghanistan those terrorists come from?

it is cowardice when people now want me to cow in fear at repercussions because this man is a Nigeria - i will now cow in fear - I will still remain a proud Nigeria without any fear. thats my point,.

Its about realising what damage our country man has done to the image of us all both abroad and in Nigeria
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Favormi(m): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2009
I dont pray so
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2009
tpia how far now ? grin really missed you o . So it takes a suicide bomber to bring you out ba ?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ochukoccna: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

after 911 an Arab shipping company from UAE was still on the verge of taking over one of the busiest and most critical ports in the US. They were only stopped due to the public outcry.

it was probably the minor "Arab' or Araboid businessmen who went out of business.

abeg what's new. lipsrsealed
Actually it was Dubai World-UAE's government investment arm not an Arab businessman.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by No2Atheism(m): 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
It would become more difficult for Nigerians to obtain Visas and Residence permits, infact I am suspecting that this event might end up affecting the Nigerian outcome of the US Visa lottery . . .

Also i agree with Horus that it would be very very difficult for Nigerians with muslim names (and who do not have a very powerful father) to even have an hope of obtaining a Visa to a Western Country.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
Post 9-11 I heard Arabs from certain countries were asked to report to the Department of Homeland Security regularly.

Is this going to be the fate of Nigerians now?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ dayo you're correct o. Even here in kaduna sef anytime i see all these yellow arab beggars from Niger i do have ugly thoughts about them.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ochukoccna: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
Depilot:

It has been confirmed that the bastar d is a son of a Nigerian banker
The only Mutallab I knew that is a banker is on the board of First Bank. Is it the same one?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ dayo you're correct o. Even here in kaduna sef anytime i see all these yellow arab beggars from Niger i do have ugly thoughts about them.

Now its the turn of Nigerians to be viewed that way, It wasnt enough that people had to hide their credit card and cheque book from us, Now add this one to it.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Parohfrey(f): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2009
When Dora Akunyili cried out loud about the holywood film depicting Nigerians as canibals, prostitues and fraudsters, you guys said she sould shut up because the film depicts what we are exactly as a people - so, why are you now shouting and cowering and fearful because of this one guy, at least, he is depicting us exactly what we are as a people? Isint it?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ochukoccna

I was referring to dayokanu's post about Arab businessmen going out of business post 911

they were probably the smaller fry since UAE/Dubai still almost took over a major US port after this same 911
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OAM4J: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ Depillot

Is this a re-branded you?

If you keep reasoning like this then there is hope for you.

Keep it like this in the new year.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2009
Tpia,

How does an average person view an Arab, or how does an average Ameican view an Arab guy. Some Arab had thriving businesses in the US pre 9-11 but lost everything mainly their American clientelle who dont want to have anything to do with "Someone from a country who tried to kill my people".

Do you know how many Arabian guys who were denied visa, admission, aid and a beter life on account of some terrorists.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Beaf: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2009
OAM4J:

@ Depillot

Is this a re-branded you?

If you keep reasoning like this then there is hope for you.

Keep it like this in the new year.

Maybe his 419 business will be adversely affected by bad relations with the US, he is as stup id and unpatriotic as paroh frey.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ochukoccna: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
Depilot:

It has been confirmed that the bastar d is a son of a Nigerian banker
ochukoccna:

The only Mutallab I knew that is a banker is on the board of First Bank. Is it the same one?
It's the same one O! See link!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/12/26/2009-12-26_father_of_umar_farouk_abdul_mutallab_nigerian_terror_suspect_in_flight_253_attac.html
Imagine living in a $4 million [about 600 mill naira] apartment per year and still believing in such satanic ideology that you'll make heaven by killing fellow human beings for a heartless cowardly god. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Can the Yanks lock him up and throw the keys into the tummy of the whale which swallowed up Jonah?  
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Parohfrey(f): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Beaf

Your mother, father and your entire lineage are stupid, have you forgotten?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ochukoccna: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

@ochukoccna

I was referring to dayokanu's post about Arab businessmen going out of business post 911

they were probably the smaller fry since UAE/Dubai still almost took over a major US port after this same 911

OK
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
he is as stup id and unpatriotic as paroh frey.

Your mother, father and your entire lineage are silly, have you forgotten?

Guys abeg. Not this time
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2009
I don't want to sound tribal, but This thing if looked at critically is not only about religion. Don't yoruba people have muslims too ? Fashola, Tinubu and the Jakande family aren't they muslims too ? I dare say almost 1 in 3 of all the yoruba people i know are muslims but how come they're not battling such archaic mind sets.
Hausa people have been using this religion thing to cause us problems for aeons up here. People have travelled to Ghana, Sierra leon and Ivory Coast and have seen how their own muslims behave there. While there are extremists there too, the wider society there is open to development unlike the hausa-muslim community in Nigeria.
We should start telling it how it is .
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Parohfrey(f): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
If you guys knows what you are talking about realy, a Ghana man was amongst the four failed would be bombers in London in 2005 or so- he had been jailed since then. Does his action visit hell on all Ghanians because of his actions? Do you guys think? or you are just acting the coward Nigerians that you all are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfo_Kwaku_Asiedu
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by sjeezy8: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2009
Its small beans, when will Nigerians stop carrying Nigeria on their heads? Whether he is hausa yoruba or igbo that guy is known as a Nigerian all over the world. Its not a big deal for Nigerians, ive been watching Cnn and Nigeria isnt the main concern  its Yemen and theguys relations in yemen(his wifes is yemeni). Nigeria isnt big beans but i heard the US/UK governments feel better with Obasanjo taken over or steering Nigeria to where it was before.

back to my life as a Nigerian in America, After all Arab americans didnt die in america over 911 and top officials in American govt are Arab and are still being appointed by the US govt.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Beaf: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
edoyad:

I don't want to sound tribal, but This thing if looked at critically is not only about religion. Don't yoruba people have muslims too ? Fashola, Tinubu and the Jakande family aren't they muslims too ? I dare say almost 1 in 3 of all the yoruba people i know are muslims but how come they're not battling such archaic mind sets.
Hausa people have been using this religion thing to cause us problems for aeons up here. People have travelled to Ghana, Sierra leon and Ivory Coast and have seen how their own muslims behave there. While there are extremists there too, the wider society there is open to development unlike the hausa-muslim community in Nigeria.
We should start telling it how it is .

Word. Call a spade a spade.

In all my visits to Ghana, I have never met a single almajiri. The almajiri problem is known to be unique to the Sokoto caliphate (as are a few other things, obviously).

If we take a brief tour of history, we can easily recall that, prior to the unfortunate misadventure of the exploitative British colonialist, the bilad-al-sudan (the Sokoto caliphate) was said to have encompassed the present northern Nigeria, Niger republic, northern Cameroon, northern Ghana, part of Burkina Faso up to the present independent republic of Mali. In all these areas, the institution of Almajirchi has been in practice with of-course some local variations here and there. Therefore, chances are that the same problems that have been bedevilling Nigeria must also be affecting them in one way or the other and to a certain degree

http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8282.htm
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Parohfrey(f): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
and Obama still went to Ghana despite the fact that a Ghanian citizen is in jail for 33 years for attempting to blow up passenger bus in the London Transport Network in 2005. Big deal?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
Guy call a spade a spade. The spate of religious riots in Nigeria is worse than that of the rest of West Africa combined. I was an Undergraduate in ABU when up to empty christian girls were murdered at the FCE zaria over student body elections by the locals.
Even now in ABU i don't know if they've resolved the VC problem cos the community is against an akwaibom becoming the VC.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Beaf: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
Paroh_frey:

and Obama still went to Ghana despite the fact that a Ghanian citizen is in jail for 33 years for attempting to blow up passenger bus in the London Transport Network in 2005. Big deal?

You keep displaying how much of a midget you are.

These things did not happen in Ghana. . .

[list]
[li]Jan 2009 ,  ethno-religious crisis in Jos, Plateau State leaves over 500 innocent people dead[/li]
[li]Feb 2009 [/b]Muslim violence leaves at least 11 people dead in Bauchi[/li]
[li]June [b]2009
, a Muslim mob in Sara, Jigawa state burn a police outpost and injure about twelve people over blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed[/li]
[li]July 2009. . . Boko Haram[/li]
[li]Dec [b]2009 [/b]Suicide bomb attempt on a US plane[/li]
[/list]

shocked shocked shocked shocked
All in a years work (there are many more unmentioned embarassed).

Our terrorists are not doing anything new, its been going on for long now. They are simply exporting their behaviour beyond our shores.

reposted
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by skfa1: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
Poster

Our future in the hand of who?

You dey vex me ganiiiiiiiiiiiiiii big time angry
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Parohfrey(f): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2009
You are simply a Beaf - meat, maybe you are the BEAF from a COW, a goat or an antelope, I dont realy know which one of the BEAf you ar, but you must be from one of those lots which turn to human being on their death - BEAF- what are we saying and what are you saying? People say it is hell for Nigeria and Nigerians because of this one man's actions- trying to bomb a plane- and I ask the same question- has it been hell for Ghanians and Ghana since a Ghana national/citizen attempted to blow up buses in London - this is my question and you bring dead bodies as it you dont think at all?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6634913.stm
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by violent(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2009
Its certainly not hell for Nigerians, but of course, if will further destroy Nigerians image abroad. People already see Nigeria as unsafe, especially butressed with the High state of kidnapping and political assasination that has been going on in the country for a while.  Imagine the headlines going on all over CNN for a number of days "TERROR ALERT! NIGERIAN SUICIDE BOMBER". you seriously dont expect everyone to be objective after such a news that kept replaying itself every 30 minutes or so, even employers in diaspora will be judgemental in their thinking.

BTW, i wonder what the suck Mrs Information Minister is still waiting for, seems our rebranding image is really taking effect after all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu / Stop Killing Boko Haram Members – Buhari Tells FG / Robert Mugabe At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.