Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? (1030 Views)

WHO BEWITCHED LAGOS: Few Non Lagosian Deciding the Fate of Real Lagosians. / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt / I Know How To Read, I Was Bewitched By Strong Members In The Senate...igp Idris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
If 6 Million youths in Nigeria can pay N30 to vote for BBNAIJA, let's check out this mathematics. This is conservative as we know that about 10m youths voted in this competition. The unaccounted 4m accommodates those who weren't charged with the Wechat app, that allowed voters vote for free.

Going with the index of INEC, they said 78% of Nigerian Voters are youths, which we estimate to 98 Million youths. We also estimate to have about 30 million youth voters with valid voters card that can vote out of the total numbers of qualified voters.

If 50million Nigeria youths come together, pick a candidate amongst themselves, task everyone to contribute N30 every week for two months, we shall record an inflow of cash that will amount to #1.5bn for a week, then add the months to the amount, you will record for just two months, #12bn which can be managed very well with all due accountability and transparency for campaign and elections issues.

Then again, the 30 million youths can in turn cast their votes for their candidate, which of course is someone who is representing their interest, they also have the power and Influence that can spread to their parents, which will attract more votes for them.

With such votes cast, the youths can take power away from the old men and political gladiators, whose interest is against the desires of the common Nigerian.

But we the youths have rather choosen to spend our money and time on BBNAIJA and ZEE-WORLD. Though everyone have a right to enjoy what makes him happy, yet we need to think of the present and future pains, cries and anguish of Nigeria.

At times, we the Youths are the architect of our predicaments, as we have decided to be spectators in the political arena while our Aged fathers remain the gladiators. We need to stop blaming the old men who use and dump us because we have refused to take the bulls by the horns. Our apathy, insensitivity, fear and cowardice to politics have done us more harm than good.

Let's come on board together in the New Nigeria Vanguard and build together a Nigeria that now and posterity will be proud of.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by rheether(f): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nobody bewitched us. We voted in the comfort of our bedroom. Now tell me, can the INEC guarantee that?

3 Likes

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
rheether:
Nobody bewitched us. We voted in the comfort of our bedroom. Now tell me, can the INEC guarantee that?

If we build solidarity, Inec can't do otherwise. The choice is either we come together and save this nation for posterity sake or we continue to live in an illusion.

In NNV, Integrity and Professionalism is our core ethics.

#tomorrow's leaders now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by lonelydora: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
Permission to share on Facebook immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
lonelydora:
Permission to share on Facebook immediately.

Go ahead Sir

1 Like

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by andrewozed: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
The problem with Nigeria youth is a painful one. I am short of words. How can able-bodied youth converge just to show their support for a person they only knew on TV whereas they can't do same for a course that will affect their lives? If you announce a convergence of youths to protest policies of government, you will seldom find them but if it's for entertainment they will March on. This is indeed the proverbial quote of "suffering and smiling " until the youths take their destiny in their hands, Nigeria will never change. Enough is enough!

2 Likes

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
This reminds me of a lion cub that grew up with sheep and always ran away from a bigger lion thinking itself is a sheep until the day it realized while drinking from a stream that he wasn't different from the predator it always ran from...

This writeup succinctly enlightens the Nigerian youth on their incontestable strength... Only if we take steps.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by Desyner: 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
So N6million people 'spended' away N30 each? That's N180 million so far. Huge room for some handsome reward for the organisers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by solid3(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
OP, did you put into consideration the 100 vote per person on wechat? Did you also put into consideration the vote godfathers who bank rolled the SMS votes?

There's one fool on twitter, I think @Auracool or something, he has pledged to fund voting with N100k?

Pls analyse 'proproly' before you postulate.

Tenk.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by olumitya7: 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2017
andrewozed:
The problem with Nigeria youth is a painful one. I am short of words. How can able-bodied youth converge just to show their support for a person they only knew on TV whereas they can't do same for a course that will affect their lives? If you announce a convergence of youths to protest policies of government, you will seldom find them but if it's for entertainment they will March on. This is indeed the proverbial quote of "suffering and smiling " until the youths take their destiny in their hands, Nigeria will never change. Enough is enough!

How can you spend your time online and question people's choice...... I am not saying you are saying anything wrong, cause the above is your opinion it isn't wrong or right it is just your opinion, but what decisions is right or wrong for individuals is relative to the belief of the individual. So far there exist options, everyone has a duty to choose..... So please, I can subscribe for every show in the world and not give a concern for voting and I go the other way round too.... CHOICES!!!
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
solid3:
OP, did you put into consideration the 100 vote per person on wechat? Did you also put into consideration the vote godfathers who bank rolled the SMS votes?

There's one fool on twitter, I think @Auracool or something, he has pledged to fund voting with N100k?

Pls analyse 'proproly' before you postulate.

Tenk.

The Analysis Sir may not be statistically correct without a margin of error no doubt. But have you taken a look at the possibility of we the youths taking the forefront of political leadership in this nation?

Must we remain apolitical and as spectators in the ring of political leadership? Who bears the brunt and pains of bad leadership if not the youths? Do we maintain the status quo and pass the bad governance evil to posterity?

Let's all come together and build a New Nigeria according to what we have in our signature.

1 Like

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by ZombieTERROR: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Op Nigerian youths are doomed
Nigeria has no future
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by Emekamex(m): 7:17am On Apr 04, 2017
The Nigerian people, especially the youths are still asleep; change will only begin when we become uncomfortable with mediocrity; right now, we tend to adapt to any bulls(h)it thrown at us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
Op Nigerian youths are doomed
Nigeria has no future

You may be right to say it but do we give up and throw in the towel for a new Nigeria?

Our apathy and indifference isn't the way out. Our collective enemies is the greedy and callous political leaders we have in all the political parties and ethnic regions.

We need to come together and fight them. The battle is not of arms and bullets but one of intelligence, wits and united voice free of ethno religious sentiments.

I suggest you be a part of a great revolution we had long awaited for. A psychological revolution that brings power to the people not by political unfulfilled manifestoes but of pragmatism and realism.

#tomorrow's leaders today.

1 Like

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 9:06am On Apr 04, 2017
Emekamex:
The Nigerian people, especially the youths are still asleep; change will only begin when we become uncomfortable with mediocrity; right now, we tend to adapt to any bulls(h)it thrown at us.

This painful adaptation has done us more harm than good. Together we can rise up and put an end to all these pains of bad governance.

Together we will do it.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by David25(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
You talk a good game..

A good and flawless accountability for such an enormous amount of fund will forever be a challenge amist the Nigerian youth. Mismanagement will set in and we'd be right back were we started.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by Elkay3: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
I was discussing with a friend earlier. I said it's unprofitable of me to spend N5, which won't even get to the candid I chose, but to those who organised the show, who will end up with a massive profit! Simply because the whites so much gaggle about keeping up with the kardashian-thing doesn't mean I have to keep up with this bbnaija thing.
His response, "it's a choice."
Sure it is, but what use is the choice of having to chose what doesn't grow you or your intellect. What talent abound in that show? Star quest and the likes have produced talents, literature and prose prize and shows have produced intellects, but what have these actually produce? Worst, we're increasing the GDP index of a country that hunts my brothers like bush pigs!!!
That's what the old men at the helm of affairs want. Our distractions.
But hopefully we shall one, hopefully soonest, realise that were in the dire situation.

1 Like

Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by NNVanguard(m): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
David25:
You talk a good game..

A good and flawless accountability for such an enormous amount of fund will forever be a challenge amist the Nigerian youth. Mismanagement will set in and we'd be right back were we started.

No doubt your fears is real but we have a conglomeration of youths with a difference. You can be one of us.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by castrol180(m): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
-Big Brother Naija records 11Million votes...
-1vote = 30naira...
-11,000,000 X 30 = N330,000,000 Million...
-And the winner goes home with 25Million...
-Voters stays at home with shi shi...
-
Some people gathered 14 persons kept them in one house in SA, and some other people in Nigeria are buying fuel with their money to watch them and still vote with their money.
Prayer Point
My father, Anywhere they have tied our sense, on top of coconut tree or inside lagoon, I release it by fire now
Oya Everybody begin to pray.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by georgeksot(m): 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
NNVanguard:

If 6 Million youths in Nigeria can pay N30 to vote for BBNAIJA, let's check out this mathematics. This is conservative as we know that about 10m youths voted in this competition. The unaccounted 4m accommodates those who weren't charged with the Wechat app, that allowed voters vote for free.

Going with the index of INEC, they said 78% of Nigerian Voters are youths, which we estimate to 98 Million youths. We also estimate to have about 30 million youth voters with valid voters card that can vote out of the total numbers of qualified voters.

If 50million Nigeria youths come together, pick a candidate amongst themselves, task everyone to contribute N30 every week for two months, we shall record an inflow of cash that will amount to #1.5bn for a week, then add the months to the amount, you will record for just two months, #12bn which can be managed very well with all due accountability and transparency for campaign and elections issues.

Then again, the 30 million youths can in turn cast their votes for their candidate, which of course is someone who is representing their interest, they also have the power and Influence that can spread to their parents, which will attract more votes for them.

With such votes cast, the youths can take power away from the old men and political gladiators, whose interest is against the desires of the common Nigerian.

But we the youths have rather choosen to spend our money and time on BBNAIJA and ZEE-WORLD. Though everyone have a right to enjoy what makes him happy, yet we need to think of the present and future pains, cries and anguish of Nigeria.

At times, we the Youths are the architect of our predicaments, as we have decided to be spectators in the political arena while our Aged fathers remain the gladiators. We need to stop blaming the old men who use and dump us because we have refused to take the bulls by the horns. Our apathy, insensitivity, fear and cowardice to politics have done us more harm than good.

Let's come on board together in the New Nigeria Vanguard and build together a Nigeria that now and posterity will be proud of.
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by CriticMaestro: 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
30 bucks is nothing bruv
Re: Who Hath Bewitched The Nigerian Youth? by georgeksot(m): 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
In the jungle,
The biggest animal is the Elephant,
The tallest is the Giraffe,
The wisest is the Fox,
The fastest is the Cheetah.

But besides all those wonderful qualities the Lion is the KING of the jungle even without ANY of them.!!

Why??

Because...

The Lion is courageous,

The Lion is very bold,

The Lion is always ready to face any challenges and barriers that cross its path, no matter how big/bad they are.!!

The Lion walks with confidence. The Lion dares anything and is never afraid. The Lion believes he is unstoppable. The Lion is a risk taker. The Lion believes any animal is food for it. The Lion believes any opportunity is worth giving a try and never lets it slip from its hands. The Lion has charisma.!!

So...

- What is it that we get to learn from the Lion ??

• You don't need to be the fastest!

• You don't need to be the wisest!

• You don't need to be the smartest!

• You don't need to be the most brilliant!.....

All you need is boldness. The youths, they always say "are the leaders of tomorrow"

When will tomorrow ever come?

Now is the time to speak with one voice, one heart and with one purpose....

To build the Nigeria of our dreams, they have failed us that we waited for....

It's time to do it ourselves...

A New Nigeria is possible, but not without you, you and you..

"Face the terrible, face it boldly"

Please encourage and embolden someone today.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Discloses Governor Who Used $3m Paris Club Refund Cash To Buid Hotel / Buhari, A Walking Corpse Should Reply Me, Shut Up – Fani-kayode Carpets Lauretta / Referendum: You'll Be Held Responsible If War Breaks Out In Nig- Osinbajo Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.