Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics (168819 Views)

The Black Nepa Sango Statue @ Marina Lagos Is Wearing A New Look! / HISTORY. Monarchs who ruled over Rano Kingdom (Emirate) from 1001 A.D, till date / CBN: Emefiele Ruled Out For Second Term, Failed To Get Buhari’s Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 2:01am On Apr 07, 2017
Godemcee:

Wow as much as I like to agree with horus nd the other guy about African superiority,immediately I read all ur comment I was swept off my feet,the question now is' how can we get it right' ,I also hate the victim mentality being practised here

Dialog is the beginning. We need to get as many people as possible on the same page.

Not one of us can claim to know everything. And no matter how we want to spin it, we are very diverse. Which is something that we have to acknowledge and exploit for our benefit.

Kaunda and Azikiwe realized the importance of dialog when they started pan-Africanism, but having been educated in the West, they were not very equipped to acknowledge and exploit our diversity. In the end, everything went off on a tangent.

That's why Afrocentrism appears to be a waste of time.

But as I said, it should begin with dialog. A dialog is the best way to come up with a true African solution (after all the effectiveness of our earlier government system was based on the collective opinion formed during village meetings). It is not so much about being right or wrong, but having your voices heard or at least to feel that you are being carried along even if you don't have an opinion.

It should occur on a small scale at first. A proof of concept is made. Then it is implemented and observed. Before we can start talking about getting more people involved. It could be a small neighborhood, community, LGA.

In no short time, you'll hear of similar stuff happening elsewhere. It'll be the start of a movement.

Trying to get everyone (more than 50 countries) at a round table to reel out do's and don'ts is just going to detract from the major objective, because we'll so argue that in the end we'll use our favorite line "Paddle your canoe, make I paddle my canoe." And let's be realistic, that's not even workable in the next 30 years (until the present crop of dictators are dead).

So if we really want to start in earnest, then it should be a purely people thing. Starts small like a movement, it's replicated elsewhere with necessary adjustments made, and it'll take Africa by storm.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 2:03am On Apr 07, 2017
musicwriter:

I saw that thread sometime ago. Problem is I have personal issues with the Moors. By 710 AD when they conquered Spain, Europe was still in total darkness, instead of taking them to slavery they were busy teaching them ancient African sciences. The moors had to show Spain how to make soap, medicine, and dress, e.t.c and were able to develop their cities giving them their first township in Barcelona and Madrid. Fast forward to about the 1500's, only God knows what they were doing when Spain over-threw them. Not just over-throw them, but took them to Slavery. Most black historians said the moors were the first people to be shipped to slavery in the Caribbean by a certain pope to Haiti. When Europeans saw slavery was profitable, they later began the scramble for Africa to source for more slaves and eventually took over our lands and governments which brought us to where we're today. So, the moors despite their initial achievements, it didn't end well. The moors brought us slavery!!.

This is why I hate it when you have Africans believing the cooked up lies by Europeans that Africans were savages enslaving each other. If slavery was an established industry in Africa, the moors would have taken Spain and Portugal to slavery!!. But, they couldn't because the concept of buying and selling human beings was alien to us.

If history could be rewind, the moors should have just remained in North Africa without venturing into Europe.

The Moors as shown by history are not blacks but are mulattoes (mixed) together with the Berbers, Tuaregs and other minority tribes in North Africa.

The Fulani's are said to be the product of the Bantu's and the Moor's (remnant of their army who decided to stay back after conquering Songhai Empire destroying one of the world's largest library in Timbuktu university during the war).

The Moor's contributed greatly in destroying sub-saharan empires and institutions with the aid of the latest technology then (Gun powder and Cannons).

Till today Africans have not learn to settle their pettiness and squabbles unlike the Europeans, Arabs and Chinese. They cannot sit at a round table to settle their differences and sign treatise which would enable a peaceful and prosperous society, instead they embark on self-destruction like what is happening in our country today. If i don't get it, i destroy it attitude is still prevalent and rampant in our society, and this attitude inhibits advancement in every angle.

The people who scramble to be at the top seems not to remember history as they keep making the same mistake over and over again. They have refused to sacrifice their personal gains for the greater good of the society. From centuries to centuries they keep holding the society at ransom to perpetuate their selfish agenda.

Of course nature does not forgive as every mistake has a resounding consequences. The Europeans are not our problem, the Arabs are not our problem neither are the Chinese, Indians and so on as all of them are looking for and protecting their interest. We are the genesis of our problem, we are not organized. We seem not to have a common interest to look out for. So they just take advantage of our disunity and infighting to advanced their own interest.

A family that cannot settle its differences and quarrels inside is always a subject of caricature to the community for as you lay your bed, so you lie on it.

6 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 2:24am On Apr 07, 2017
baby124:

You are correct. Women were their downfall. Instead of infiltrating the lands with Africans, which is what Europeans would do. They bred themselves out into extinction by taking European wives and concubines. Lack of foresight, plan or strategy

Actually it is not lack of foresight, planning and strategy. It is lack of discipline and determination to get what you want no matter the challenges you encounter. The black man easily gives up.

When the going gets tough he will abandon his planning and strategy to indulge in frivolities and self gratification. It is so glaring in this part of the world that it is annoying.

You will see a young graduate who will be planning to do masters, get certifications to advance his career but immediately he hits a 100k - 150k job a month, he goes on fuc.king spree pursuing vain glories forgetting that he has a target to achieve.

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 2:25am On Apr 07, 2017
slurryeye:

Not surprised at your comment. You are like Stephen (Samuel L Jackson) in Django. There are many like you that hate their skin, and I'm quite sure your life will be miserable because there is absolute nothing you can do, you will always have Melanin in your skin.
Fyi, you can be a racist to your own race. It is called internalized racist. Black race will be better off without "do no good" like you

Yea well. Call me whatever you want.

The facts stick out like a sore thumb.

The black race is worth sh*t right now, and 100m Mandelas won't change nothing as long as people like you keep trying to prove yourselves to whites. Trying to make yourself superior in the face of overwhelming contradicting facts is actually a poor, shallow attempt at self-pity. Nobody's throwing a pity party any more. Suck it and stop whining.

You've been given independence, you've been given a seat at the table, you've been accorded sovereign rights. Yet I wonder what you're still waiting and thinking about. Feeling fly about a skin that'll degrade like every other skin.

I don't give two f**ks about any race. Caucasians are pretenders. Asians are too full of themselves. Arabs should be shipped off the planet or put on mass behavioral therapy. South Americans should stop putting their heads in the sand.

Black race as a group is at the last rung of the ladder. If I can't say that in a black forum, then I'm in wrong company. You want to keep lying to yourself, get right at it.

Even with the racism, the free world still has plenty of opportunities for anyone with intellect regardless of race, creed or gender. If Africa continues to believe one day the Caucasians would come with an apology and a Marshall plan then you can keep sucking on your thumb and wallow in self-pity. Your ancestors did that for over 5000 years while every other race moved on.

People like Mandela, Carson, Achebe, Soyinka would be gems to the world regardless of their skin color. Stop thinking your skin color is supposed to offer you any advantage. That's shallow and stupid.

It's funny that people like you who put so much emphasis on the color of their skin are so bothered about what someone who has the same color of their skin thinks about you? Lack of self-esteem much?!

Have you ever seen black track, NFL, and NBA athletes try to prove they are better? No, they don't have to. They know they're better. Facts don't lie. Do you see any whites in those sports trying so hard to prove they're better? No. They just go about doing what they know how to do best. Say white folks can't jump, they let out a giggle. Say black folks don't read, you'd see a frown. All you stiff f*ckers pretending to have a thick skin when you all are just a bunch of wimpy pu**y nigg*s.

Blacks are the ones always feeling like they've got something to prove. Hey moor, unless someone is making a snarling remark at you, no one got no time to give you preference you don't deserve. Cos you've done nothing with the ones you've been given.

So, let me tell you loud and clear. I don't give a sh*t what you think about me. I'm black and I think you're pathologically self-entitled. Deal with it. If the black race doesn't need me. It sure as hell doesn't need you. It sure as hell hasn't done anything with the over 1.5b people on the continent at any given time (over 1m kids dieing from malaria every year).

Stop trying to make me feel like I have to belong to some herd or hood sh*t. We've been doing herd, hood, street sh*t for ages, look at the prison population.

Get your head out of your a$$, it's not a hat. It's time to prove yourself. Your skin color ain't worth sh*t.

-Lord

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 2:36am On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Yea well. Call me whatever you want.

The facts stick out like a sore thumb.

The black race is worth sh*t right now, and 100m Mandelas won't change nothing as long as people like you keep trying to prove yourselves to whites. Trying to make yourself superior in the face of overwhelming contradicting facts is actually a poor, shallow attempt at self-pity. Nobody's throwing a pity party any more. Suck it and stop whining.

You've been given independence, you've been given a seat at the table, you've been accorded sovereign rights. Yet I wonder what you're still waiting and thinking about. Feeling fly about a skin that'll degrade like every other skin.

I don't give two f**ks about any race. Caucasians are pretenders. Asians are too full of themselves. Arabs should be shipped off the planet or put on mass behavioral therapy. South Americans should stop putting their heads in the sand.

Black race as a group is at the last rung of the ladder. If I can't say that in a black forum, then I'm in wrong company. You want to keep lying to yourself, get right at it.

Even with the racism, the free world still has plenty of opportunities for anyone with intellect regardless of race, creed or gender. If Africa continues to believe one day the Caucasians would come with an apology and a Marshall plan then you can keep sucking on your thumb and wallow in self-pity. Your ancestors did that for over 5000 years while every other race moved on.

People like Mandela, Carson, Achebe, Soyinka would be gems to the world regardless of their skin color. Stop thinking your skin color is supposed to offer you any advantage. That's shallow and stupid.

It's funny that people like you who put so much emphasis on the color of their skin are so bothered about what someone who has the same color of their skin thinks about you? Lack of self-esteem much?!

Have you ever seen black track, NFL, and NBA athletes try to prove they are better? No, they don't have to. They know they're better. Facts don't lie. Do you see any whites in those sports trying so hard to prove they're better? No. They just go about doing what they know how to do best. Say white folks can't jump, they let out a giggle. Say black folks don't read, you'd see a frown. All you stiff f*ckers pretending to have a thick skin when you all are just a bunch of wimpy pu**y nigg*s.

Blacks are the ones always feeling like they've got something to prove. Hey moor, unless someone is making a snarling remark at you, no one got no time to give you preference you don't deserve. Cos you've done nothing with the ones you've been given.

So, let me tell you loud and clear. I don't give a sh*t what you think about me. I'm black and I think you're pathologically self-entitled. Deal with it. If the black race doesn't need me. It sure as hell doesn't need you. It sure as hell hasn't done anything with the over 1b on the continent at any given time.

Stop trying to make me feel like I have to belong to some herd or hood sh*t. We've been doing herd, hood, street sh*t for ages, look at the prison population.

Get your head out of your a$$, it's not a hat. It's time to prove yourself. Your skin color ain't worth sh*t.

-Lord

yea bro, exactly how i would have dished it out.

We need to start working to prove ourselves worthy to sit at the table of men instead of whining like sissies wallowing in self-pity.

##Enough of this victimization mentality and conspiracy theory For the Kingdom of men suffereth violence and the deadliest takes it by force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by vioment: 2:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Good job. But we just need to get our country to be a country again. A country for everyone. That means principled men of honor in power. Forward thinking leadership. All basics infrastructure built. I mean if we have these, we can write believable stories and teach them in schools.

This post is like a rich man/woman and poor man/woman telling a group of youths about wealth. Who do you think the youths will believe more? even if they are both speaking with wisdom.
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 2:40am On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Dialog is the beginning. We need to get as many people as possible on the same page.

Not one of us can claim to know everything. And no matter how we want to spin it, we are very diverse. Which is something that we have to acknowledge and exploit for our benefit.

Kaunda and Azikiwe realized the importance of dialog when they started pan-Africanism, but having been educated in the West, they were not very equipped to acknowledge and exploit our diversity. In the end, everything went off on a tangent.

That's why Afrocentrism appears to be a waste of time.

But as I said, it should begin with dialog. A dialog is the best way to come up with a true African solution (after all the effectiveness of our earlier government system was based on the collective opinion formed during village meetings). It is not so much about being right or wrong, but having your voices heard or at least to feel that you are being carried along even if you don't have an opinion.

It should occur on a small scale at first. A proof of concept is made. Then it is implemented and observed. Before we can start talking about getting more people involved. It could be a small neighborhood, community, LGA.

In no short time, you'll hear of similar stuff happening elsewhere. It'll be the start of a movement.

Trying to get everyone (more than 50 countries) at a round table to reel out do's and don'ts is just going to detract from the major objective, because we'll so argue that in the end we'll use our favorite line "Paddle your canoe, make I paddle my canoe." And let's be realistic, that's not even workable in the next 30 years (until the present crop of dictators are dead).

So if we really want to start in earnest, then it should be a purely people thing. Starts small like a movement, it's replicated elsewhere with necessary adjustments made, and it'll take Africa by storm.

-Lord

people like you give me hope that in the next hundred years if we keep our fire burning and raise a new generation capable of taking the world by storm, the black man would not be extinct.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 2:43am On Apr 07, 2017
romme2u:

The Moors as shown by history are not blacks but are mulattoes (mixed) together with the Berbers, Tuaregs and other minority tribes in North Africa.

The Fulani's are said to be the product of the Bantu's and the Moor's (remnant of their army who decided to stay back after conquering Songhai Empire destroying one of the world's largest library in Timbuktu university during the war).

The Moor's contributed greatly in destroying sub-saharan empires and institutions with the aid of the latest technology then (Gun powder and Cannons).

Till today Africans have not learn to settle their pettiness and squabbles unlike the Europeans, Arabs and Chinese. They cannot sit at a round table to settle their differences and sign treatise which would enable a peaceful and prosperous society, instead they embark on self-destruction like what is happening in our country today. If i don't get it, i destroy it attitude is still prevalent and rampant in our society, and this attitude inhibits advancement in every angle.

The people who scramble to be at the top seems not to remember history as they keep making the same mistake over and over again. They have refused to sacrifice their personal gains for the greater good of the society. From centuries to centuries they keep holding the society at ransom to perpetuate their selfish agenda.

Of course nature does not forgive as every mistake has a resounding consequences. The Europeans are not our problem, the Arabs are not our problem neither are the Chinese, Indians and so on as all of them are looking for and protecting their interest. We are the genesis of our problem, we are not organized. We seem not to have a common interest to look out for. So they just take advantage of our disunity and infighting to advanced their own interest.

A family that cannot settle its differences and quarrels inside is always a subject of caricature to the community for as you lay your bed, so you lie on it.

Up there they talk about the white man suppressing the blacks from gaining vital information.

My question is that is the Minister of Education a white man? Is the Minister of Culture and Tourism a white man? What about the Minister of Information?

We are in a country where our kids aren't taught about a civil war (American kids are taught about the civil war that happened hundreds of years ago) and we're talking about a white man suppressing information. Complete nonsense. We indoctrinate people in our societies to be at loggerheads with even border communities and kill if necessary to drive home a point. Yet you're asking for respect.

It is in this country that many people hold the belief that the British left too early. That we weren't ready for Independence. That we'd have fared better if they had stayed for 5 to 15 more years.

50 years after a nasty civil war, a sitting president is threatening same group with a repeat and someone has the guts to blame the Europeans. Europeans that hold referendums.

Some blacks are just inherently useless. Completely failed people that are a burden on the planet. Okay the Europeans failed you, what are you doing to improve yourself? Erm, I'm sharing pics on how a mixed race won a war and occupied a European country ages ago. Imagine the priority.

-Lord

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by LordAdam16: 2:47am On Apr 07, 2017
vioment:
Good job. But we just need to get our country to be a country again. A country for everyone. That means principled men of honor in power. Forward thinking leadership. All basics infrastructure built. I mean if we have these, we can write believable stories and teach them in schools.

This post is like a rich man/woman and poor man/woman telling a group of youths about wealth. Who do you think the youths will believe more? even if they are both speaking with wisdom.

Don't mind them. They want to put the cart before the horse.

-Lord
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 07, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by RosaConsidine: 3:21am On Apr 07, 2017
First off, Rossikk, ignore that pant called Niger Delta Avengers. It's only seeking attention.

Second, great work you and Horus are doing on this thread. Right now, I'm not so much bothered as to the sources and truth values of all the art works you guys have posted. I just need my fellow Nigerians and Africans to lose this inferiority complex and look upon themselves with pride and consider themselves as equal to any other race on earth.

Most importantly though, I saw certain places you've referred to the Chinese reemergence and how it can apply to the African continent and I have certain concerns about their feasibility. To start with, China is one nation. The Chinese people have a shared heritage which includes their history, culture, traditions and language. There may be minor variations in dialects and inflections and traditions and cultures amongst various subgroups in the Chinese nation , but by an large, a Chinese person understands another Chinese person. But in the African setting, the highest likelihood of finding two African nations that speak similar languages is very low and where you find those, the countries in question are usually neighbors or close to each other. Unfortunately, Africa is a large continent. You don't even need to go to another end of the continent to find a people that speak a completely different language and have completely different cultures. Heck, you don't even need to go across a subregion to find such. A subregion might even be too large an entity; within countries, you would find subgroups of completely different cultures and languages. I mean, look at Nigeria. How many tribes do we have with how many unique cultures, traditions, ideals and languages? With so much diversity (to the point that some of us think there should even be further division), how can we create a united Africa? While I personally don't believe that language, culture or even skin color should be a barrier to unity, I can't deny that they play important roles in keeping us united. So, if we want to create a unified African nation/state, under what banner are we uniting, considering differences in culture, traditions, languages and even skin color and religion?

6 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by prixm: 3:24am On Apr 07, 2017
This is definitely the most exciting thread I've read in recent times. This is so inspiring for me. No matter what the whites want us to believe about ourselves, the pictorial evidence on this thread cannot just be ignored. There should be a way to circulate this information to the length and breadth of the world. Black people with capacity should make this happen. This kind of information will definitely influence positively inferiority mentality of black men all over the world.

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 3:32am On Apr 07, 2017
Braden2:
The Europeans did not build universities because it was pointless at the time (you have to first crawl to walk). They however sent numerous Nigerians on scholarships to study in Britain(the source).

Absolute garbage. ''Pointless'' to build universities? They seized Nigeria in 1897, and by 1960 there was still not a single university built in the entire country. In 63 years? And you are saying what? It takes 63 years to establish the learning that would lead to university education? Are you out of your mind? DUDE, STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE COLONIALISTS. They came here to LOOT, and LOOT was what they did, big time, ok? Today, after just 50 years of black rule we have nearly 300 universities in Nigeria. I guess we suddenly became ''ready'' for higher education right after the British departed.

how do you interrupt an existing culture and bombard them with sophisticated technology. It was simply pointless.

But it wasn't ''pointless'' for them to build a ''sophisticated technology'' railway line from north to south to evacuate our resources to the ports for profits?

Electricity was just invented about 70 years prior and of course North America,Australia and Europe had to be lit up first before considering the Africans who knew nothing about electricity.

What an ignorant comment. If Australia, North America etc had to be ''lit up'' then THEY ''knew nothing about electricity'' either. So your point is baseless and condescending to Africans. Particularly as the British were exporting our resources worth trillions of dollars in today's money.

How many cars where on Nigerian or African roads for the Europeans to build super highways?

Why were there only a few cars on the roads? Was it not because they refused to re-invest the export proceeds in the economies of Africa (apart from South Africa, where their people had settled in large number)? Was it not because they failed to create a middle class? Was it not because they failed to establish education in any serious manner? At independence, Nigeria's literacy rate was around 10%. This, after 63 years of British rule. Today, after just 50 something years of independence, literacy rate is approaching 80% in Nigeria, THANKS TO BLACK RULE. In fact, chances are that YOU would be an illiterate peasant today, like your grandparents, had the British still been on charge, since they invested next to nothing in public education. (I'm assuming you're one of us)

They gave Nigerians a good head start by building elementary schools,and high schools ,and hospitals.

They established just enough schools to enable them staff a colonial administration, and no more. Most of our grandparents were illiterates. Ever wondered why? And please, name me one major hospital built by the colonialists. Just one!

Copper and other minerals where discovered and mined by the Europeans. Nigerians had no uses for the resources.

Garbage. They came to Nigeria, exploited our resources including minerals, sold them abroad, and kept the proceeds firmly on London. Using less than 2% of the earnings to develop Nigeria. THAT IS THEFT. THAT IS ROBBERY. UNDERSTOOD?

how ever, Nigerians and Africans where paid for palm oil and coal.
Paid what? How, Where?

That's just human nature, to take advantage .
South Africa was developed like Europe because the Europeans had intentions to settle there. so they built it like home . Is that not human nature? would Africans do differently if they had the opportunity?

Actually, Africans DID help develop the regions in which they settled across the world, from Greece to Rome, and later Europe, and from China to India. Have you studied Moorish contributions to the European Renaissance?

You need to talk less and read more.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 4:05am On Apr 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Up there they talk about the white man suppressing the blacks from gaining vital information.

My question is that is the Minister of Education a white man? Is the Minister of Culture and Tourism a white man? What about the Minister of Information?

We are in a country where our kids aren't taught about a civil war (American kids are taught about the civil war that happened hundreds of years ago) and we're talking about a white man suppressing information. Complete nonsense. We indoctrinate people in our societies to be at loggerheads with even border communities and kill if necessary to drive home a point. Yet you're asking for respect.

It is in this country that many people hold the belief that the British left too early. That we weren't ready for Independence. That we'd have fared better if they had stayed for 5 to 15 more years.

50 years after a nasty civil war, a sitting president is threatening same group with a repeat and someone has the guts to blame the Europeans. Europeans that hold referendums.

Some blacks are just inherently useless. Completely failed people that are a burden on the planet. Okay the Europeans failed you, what are you doing to improve yourself? Erm, I'm sharing pics on how a mixed race won a war and occupied a European country ages ago. Imagine the priority.

-Lord

grin grin grin brotherly it is hilarious.

dont mind these delusional fellows and don't take them serious because despite the glaring failings of this country, they are still blaming the white men who left 50 years ago. I almost fell for this shiit years ago until i started observing the way our society works and discovered that this is the same society that existed 500 years ago, it has not changed despite the arrival of the white men.

A country that cannot provide itself sufficient energy to drive economic growth yet is one of the largest energy producer in the world. A society where people abdicate their responsibilities including the government. They can blame for the planet telling you all kind of stories why things cannot be done. They see impossibilities everywhere and are pessimist to the core mostly because of their self-centred attitude. They lower rung of the society attributes everything to spirituality and religion.

I learn recently that history as a subject has been abolished in secondary schools and civic education introduced. i wept in my heart that though i was a science student, i loved history more than any subject i offered then. Even then History teachers were scarce as the government did not take the subject serious so they did not employ enough hands to go round (probably why they scrapped it).

Just look at the country that was bequeathed to us 50 years ago, public schools are in shamble with no clear cut policies and objectives, public health institutions are dilapidated and are death zones, security is haywire, governance is comatose, all public services are crappy and infrastructure is fairy tale.

Yet somebody is groping about in the dark looking for fairy tale information to condole his sub-human existence. Blacks are really pathetic.

To be honest, the Europeans really love us for allowing us to co-exist with them as they have what it takes to wipe us out in a jiffy. They have provided us with all the finer things of life even bequeathing their organized and time-tested systems for us to enjoy as a people. yet what we keep doing is to abuse the system and condemn it but we cannot create our own systems.

Instead of being grateful for giving us a chance to live a dignified and fulfilling life, they are mulling around. If not for the arrival of the Europeans, what Usman dan fodio did to the hausa states and kanuri empire would have extended to the creeks by now. Just imagined what happen to illorin would have come down to oyo, ibadan and ife.

With a central government in place the fulani herdmens are causing these level of havoc, what would have happened if we were fragmented as we were before the arrival of the Europeans.

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Olumoze(m): 4:09am On Apr 07, 2017
I vote this post as the 2017 most educative material about the black race on NL.

Thanks OP.

5 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:11am On Apr 07, 2017
romme2u:

grin grin grin brotherly it is hilarious.

dont mind these delusional fellows and don't take them serious because despite the glaring failings of this country, they are still blaming the white men who left 50 years ago. I almost fell for this shiit years ago until i started observing the way our society works and discovered that this is the same society that existed 500 years ago, it has not changed despite the arrival of the white men.

A country that cannot provide itself sufficient energy to drive economic growth yet is one of the largest energy producer in the world. A society where people abdicate their responsibilities including the government. They can blame for the planet telling you all kind of stories why things cannot be done. They see impossibilities everywhere and are pessimist to the core mostly because of their self-centred attitude. They lower rung of the society attributes everything to spirituality and religion.

I learn recently that history as a subject has been abolished in secondary schools and civic education introduced. i wept in my heart that though i was a science student, i loved history more than any subject i offered then. Even then History teachers were scarce as the government did not take the subject serious so they did not employ enough hands to go round (probably why they scrapped it).

Just look at the country that was bequeathed to us 50 years ago, public schools are in shamble with no clear cut policies and objectives, public health institutions are dilapidated and are death zones, security is haywire, governance is comatose, all public services are crappy and infrastructure is fairy tale.

Yawwwwnnn. What was ''bequeathed'' to us 50 years ago? NOTHING BUT BUSH. At independence, we were a country of malnourished children walking around nake.d, 90% illiteracy, near zero health facilities, zero electricity, zero power stations, zero universities. Not even one stadium was built by the colonialists. So whatever we have built today, no matter how ''dilapidated'', is a VAST IMPROVEMENT on what we had at independence, which was NOTHING.. We were bequeathed NOTHING by the whites whom you worship. Understood?

Yet somebody is groping about in the dark looking for fairy tale information to condole his sub-human existence. Blacks are really pathetic.

To be honest, the Europeans really love us for allowing us to co-exist with them as they have what it takes to wipe us out in a jiffy. They have provided us with all the finer things of life even bequeathing their organized and time-tested systems for us to enjoy as a people. yet what we keep doing is to abuse the system and condemn it but we cannot create our own systems.

Instead of being grateful for giving us a chance to live a dignified and fulfilling life, they are mulling around. If not for the arrival of the Europeans, what Usman dan fodio did to the hausa states and kanuri empire would have extended to the creeks by now. Just imagined what happen to illorin would have come down to oyo, ibadan and ife. With a central government in place the fulani herdmens are causing these level of havoc, what would have happened if we were fragmented as we were before the arrival of the Europeans.

I've never read so much slavish, self-hating poppycock in my life. Might as well bleach your skin white, since you clearly think you're an inferior being. Just leave the rest of us out of your wretched inferiority complex. The way some of you talk is as if Africa is the only developing region in the world. Would you similarly scorn Indians and Pakistanis for experiencing power cuts, which they do, daily? Or for having huge slums and widespread poverty? Indians are actually poorer than Africans according to research. You gonna scorn them as well? China 30 years ago was more underdeveloped than Africa currently is. Would you have insulted and scorned them the way you do your own people here? Nope. Your problem is racial inferiority complex, which you and your ilk couch in long epistles about our ''failings''. We can see through your fake concern laced with racist innuendos and put downs of the African peoples, and we say to you, Take your fake 'concern' for us and shove it up your backside.

We do not need YOU to tell us anything here. The images we've posted here, and the various historical accounts we have accessed, are 100% confirmation of our capacity, and tell us plainly of our high intelligence and brilliance as a people, and confirm to us that we, AFRICANS, are capable of ANYTHING we set our minds to, now and in the future. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 4:11am On Apr 07, 2017
Braden2:
There was no need for universities (you have to first crawl to walk). however,They sent numerous Nigerians on scholarships to Britain(the source).
How do you interrupt an existing culture and bombard them with sophisticated technology. It was simply pointless . Electricity was just invented about 70 years prior ,and of course North America,Australia and Europe had to be lit up first before considering the Africans who knew nothing about electricity .
How many cars where on Nigerian or African roads for the Europeans to build super highways?
They gave Nigerians a good head start by building elementary schools, high schools ,and hospitals. They created new roadways for bicycles ,red cross and missionary vans. Just what else did you expect? build skyscrapers? London had its first skyscraper in 2011. There was poverty and slums in Britain.
Copper and other minerals where discovered and mined by the Europeans . Nigerians had no uses for the resources. how ever ,Nigerians and Africans where paid for palm oil and coal . That's just human nature, to take advantage . Nigeria was later paid for oil when they became more enlightened.
South Africa was developed like Europe because the Europeans had intentions to settle there. so they built it like home . Is that not human nature? would Africans do differently if they had the opportunity?
That was then . Today is a brand new day and we've got work to do moving forward as a united human race..
keep saying it, don't stop talking it

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 07, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
nice nice.they dont teach this in school undecided

FAKE..School systems try not to teach fake conspiracies.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by romme2u: 4:26am On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:

I've never read so much slavish, self-hating poppycock in my life. Might as well bleach your skin white, since you clearly think you're an inferior being. Just leave the rest of us out of your wretched inferiority complex.

Whether you believe it or not, a poor man and a rich man can never be treated the same way and would never be equal in this life and in life to come (if there is anything like that).

You will never be respected until you have what others need but they don't have it.

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:37am On Apr 07, 2017
romme2u:

Whether you believe it or not, a poor man and a rich man can never be treated the same way and would never be equal in this life and in life to come (if there is anything like that).

You will never be respected until you have what others need but they don't have it.

This thread was not started to impress you or your white masters, or to gain their wretched ''respect''. It was meant to educate our people, whom you have nothing but scorn and contempt for. We want our people to KNOW their history, the way other races know theirs. YOU clearly have a problem with that, for which I can recommend a really good therapist.

7 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 4:53am On Apr 07, 2017
Gyalchester:

FAKE..School systems try not to teach fake conspiracies.

Foreigner, how much were you paid to make this comment?

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:00am On Apr 07, 2017
fake thread full of trash

Africans will believe anything

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Eddygourdo(m): 5:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Rossik and horus, stop decieving people with distorted historical piictures modified by black groups. The moors were black and of course there existed black kings in europe. Any idiot knows that, but using fake images doctored to show that is abit shameful. Imagine how many immages you posted where the head is a black man while he hands and feet are those of white men. Was bleaching cream also in vogue then

A good student of history doesn't distort it. So desist from doing so and acting blindly with "black propaganda online groups"
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Eddygourdo(m): 5:01am On Apr 07, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

don't mind those silly posters, distorting history to suit their propganda with even fake images

1 Like

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:03am On Apr 07, 2017
Eddygourdo:
Rossik and horus, stop decieving people with distorted historical piictures modified by black groups. The moors were black and of course there existed black kings in europe. Any idiot knows that

Actually, very FEW people know that.

but using fake images doctored to show that is abit shameful. Imagine how many immages you posted where the head is a black man while he hands and feet are those of white men. Was bleaching cream also in vogue then

A good student of history doesn't distort it. So desist from doing so and acting blindly with "black propaganda online groups"

You mean like this? Those are gloves he's wearing. What are you on about?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Eddygourdo(m): 5:07am On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:

Actually, very FEW people know that.

You mean like this? Those are gloves he's wearing. What are you on about?
please go to the first page and observe the images with aa white hand and the one with a white leg. At least remove it so this fallacy can sell properly to the gullible. As much as I admire you desire to inspire the black man to a greater sense of self awareness and self love. Please don't distort history with outright lies.
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:11am On Apr 07, 2017
Eddygourdo:
please go to the first page and observe the images with aa white hand and the one with a white leg. At least remove it so this fallacy can sell properly to the gullible. As much as I admire you desire to inspire the black man to a greater sense of self awareness and self love. Please don't distort history with outright lies.

Dude, I've no idea what hole you crawled out of to launch your dumb accusations. Perhaps you can learn Cut and Paste and promptly post the image you claim is a lie, so we can all see.

3 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Rosskii: 5:13am On Apr 07, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

You again? Kindly state your objections to the thread rather than lashing out like an illiterate tout. What exactly is ''fake'' here? Have you even heard of the Moors?

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Funjosh(m): 5:17am On Apr 07, 2017
I just wonder and don't know where, why and how we lost it. embarassed
Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Funjosh(m): 5:20am On Apr 07, 2017
Eddygourdo:

Check very well it's like those guys are wearing gloves both the black and white guy are on gloves.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics by Eddygourdo(m): 5:25am On Apr 07, 2017
Rosskii:

Dude, I've no idea what hole you crawled out of to launch your dumb accusations. Perhaps you can learn Cut and Paste and promptly post the image you claim is a lie, so we can all see.
dat is no glove on charles , his inner shirt is white and thaats what's protruding through his hands and not a glove. and isn't that a white leg on the knight ? Or is that a leg glove ? Or we assume wwe don't know the knights uniform is a strapp ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base / Osun Poll Today, What Is Happening In Your Area? / Brgbveakijlng..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.