Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,683 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! (8397 Views)

PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / Nigerian Arrested For Jumping White House Fence (Oct 2014) / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by mamagee3(f): 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
This is serious. . . angry
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Ojumiii(m): 8:29am On Dec 30, 2009
oyinbo magic don start, I love my country Naija 4 life,
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Utchry: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
What if he was purging ehn? Person no go shit for plane again? Nonsense.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Guardian(m): 2:10am On Dec 31, 2009
Serves the blighter right. And this goes for the rest of you dumb nigerians, who will not use your common sense.
When travelling

1. Do not eat or drink anything that may upset you ( 9aija man , irrespective of status will want to gulp anything the air hostess carry/serve all in the name of I paid for it, I must get my money's worth from this airline), simply you are doing yourself.

2. Don't travel if you are ill, at least take mediaction and don't be a risk to others, weather na plan or molue.

3. Why in the world couldn't the blighter tell the cabin crew he was ill or had a stomach upset ?
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by aikuda(m): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2009
I am very disappointed about all these ethnic bashing. There is nothing wrong with healthy debates based on reason, but to reduce to these sorts of tribalistic ultra sentiments is something I don't get. It is especially more troubling the way the younger generations are copying their fathers in this regard. What right do you have to question nigeria politicians for our failures if we we engage in the same thing that is the root of our problems. We can argue, but make we try to dey respect each other.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by mikeoscar: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Some of you fellows in Naira Land will do well at an Alarmist career with ABS, CNN, BBC Reuters etc, Haba, can't we ignore this western press for once when they jump into conclusion just to sell sensational headlines as usual.We already have a High BP with Farouk's insanity not to add to it abeg.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by viewlekan: 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2009
Guardian:

Serves the blighter right. And this goes for the rest of you dumb nigerians, who will not use your common sense.
When travelling

1. Do not eat or drink anything that may upset you ( 9aija man , irrespective of status will want to gulp anything the air hostess carry/serve all in the name of I paid for it, I must get my money's worth from this airline), simply you are doing yourself.

2. Don't travel if you are ill, at least take mediaction and don't be a risk to others, weather na plan or molue.

3. Why in the world couldn't the blighter tell the cabin crew he was ill or had a stomach upset ?

I understand your point but you seem to make it so simple!,

1. What he ate or drank on the airplane might not have triggered his ailment on the plane, this could be a result of what he consumed prior boarding?/

2.Nothing was mentioned about him being ill before travelling , I am sure you have heard of people falling ill suddenly, it happens all the time!

3. You were not there , ( neither was I ), so you cant adequately comment on what or waht didn't transpire between this dude and the airline workers,

In summary, its pretty obvious that the said fellow was profiled because he was Nigerian, , considering that his fellow country man tried to blow up an airplane just a day before, I would be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that if I was in the airline's position I would have done the same, its natural to logically make assumptions between two similar behavior, given the level of informational opacity that these folks have about Nigeria,

Having said that, I think its time that we as Nigerians start to make constructive arguements and not resort to ethnic bashing!!!, I therefore apologise for all my comments in this thread against my eastern Nigerian brothers, we cannot paint a whole set of people by the actions of a few!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by aikuda(m): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
"Having said that, I think its time that we as Nigerians start to make constructive arguements and not resort to ethnic bashing!!!, I therefore apologise for all my comments in this thread against my eastern Nigerian brothers, we cannot paint a whole set of people by the actions of a few!!!!"

That is it my brother. Only people with tired ideas resorts to stereotypes. Let's remember that every Nigerian post online constitute a major part of the way we are seen by others.  Like other countries, Most Nigerians are hard working and honest people. Nigerians are not terrorists (what does it mean anyway?), Nigerians are not fraudstters, and Nigerians are not drug dealers. At least not in any way close to the Americans and the British!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by aikuda(m): 1:06pm On Jan 01, 2010
As for those calling for the break up of Nigeria, I do understand your sentiments. But how is this going to really help us? Show me one area of Nigeria where there is no form of tension within. Do you think if we the southerners breakaway there is going to be total peace between, for instance, the Yorubas and the Ibos. Or that the Edos the Ijaws, the Calabars , the Urhobos won't have cause to complain in southern Nigeria?

Let's not deceive ourselves by placing the problem of Nigeria on the shoulders of Northers ( I'm not saying leadership from that ending have not been more than disappointing). The problem we have is that we are afraid of change. We are insecure. Only the younger generations can bring change to Nigeria through reasobale debates, political participations, peaceful protests, and faith in Nigeria. How do we go about acheiving all these? I don't know! But I know many others do.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by racerjc(m): 3:40am On Jan 02, 2010
i don't see reason why this particular incident should be hell raising, how many have died in pak, iran and iraq, this is just a question international hatred, I love them Nigerians. Just make sure you build strong media influence this is the power of western world.
www.afialink.com
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by mdejjy: 4:09am On Jan 08, 2010
what have we done to ourselves?, i just dont know why i am a nigerian, so sad,we are now among the dreaded,it was worst before but now it' angrys just, i dont know. angry
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by emeke123(m): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2010
This is really sad. Can you Immagine? this fool just messed it up for ALL Nigerians who plan on travelling tru and from Nigeria to other countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Politicians Funding Bandits, Others — Air Force Boss / FG, States, Lgs Share N740, 880bn FAAC Allocation For August / IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order Affecting Preparations For Election in Anambra - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.