Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! (8385 Views)

PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / Nigerian Arrested For Jumping White House Fence (Oct 2014) / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
BREAKING NEWS- AP/News outlets reporting ANOTHER Incident on Detroit airliner leads to arrest of another Nigerian man!

P source: 2nd man arrested on jet in Detroit

By DEVLIN BARRETT
Associated Press Writer

Advertisement

Interactives
Interactive: Fees soar on airlines
AP source: 2nd man arrested on jet in Detroit
Security reviews under way after airliner attack

Buy AP Photo Reprints

The Climate Pool

Your Questions Answered

Ask AP: NFL bonus pay, Mumbai terror prosecutions
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Associated Press has learned that a second Nigerian man has been taken into custody aboard a jetliner in Detroit after locking himself in the airliner's bathroom.

A law enforcement official tells the AP that the incident took place aboard the same Northwest flight that was attacked on Christmas Day. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the incident was ongoing.

A Delta spokeswoman says all 256 passengers have been safely taken off the plane. Delta operates the Northwest flight.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AIRLINE_ATTACK_ARREST?SITE=OKTUL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by jaybee3(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
why report false info?
dude was arrested for being rude on the plane.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by ochukoccna: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2009
Anarchist Biafran!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by otawa: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2009
why report false info?

At this moment, there is thin line between rudeness and potential bomber on a plane.

can anyone provide more details
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by proudly9ja(m): 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2009
My only worry with this is if its a Nigerian and if its a case of profiling. But Il rest my conclusions till I get full gist.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by jaybee3(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
otawa:

At this moment, there is thin line between rudeness and potential bomber on a plane.

can anyone provide more details
It's on cnn and they have used the word "distruptive" to describe his/her actions
http://www.cnn.com/
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Tats(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2009
CNN is yet to give details and Associated Press is reporting sketch details.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Tats(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2009
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2009
jay bee:

why report false info?

This could actually be a fall out of the actions of Umaru boko haram Mutallab.

All Nigerians are now been profiled as potential terrorists
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Tats(m): 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

This could actually be a fall out of the actions of Umaru boko haram Mutallab.

All Nigerians are now been profiled as potential terrorists

It sure is a fallout.
A black guy spending time in an airline toilet is now an issue.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2009
Nigerians should get ready to be frisked to the b.alls at any international airport!

This is what this boko haram i.diot has caused us.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Hesperus(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2009
According to sources, he "barricaded" himself in the toilet for about an hour, and security had to break the door down!

Me, I doubt how true that is. I think the full story is not being said.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Beaf: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
[size=14pt]AP source: 2nd man arrested on jet in Detroit[/size]
By DEVLIN BARRETT
Dec 27, 2:24 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Associated Press has learned that a second Nigerian man has been taken into custody aboard a jetliner in Detroit after locking himself in the airliner's bathroom.

A law enforcement official tells the AP that the incident took place aboard the same Northwest flight that was attacked on Christmas Day. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the incident was ongoing.

A Delta spokeswoman says all 256 passengers have been safely taken off the plane. Delta operates the Northwest flight.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AIRLINE_ATTACK_ARREST?SITE=NJMOR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Sounds like another Boko Haram! embarassed
Lets wait for the gist to come out, I hope its just paranoia (but that will still point to bad news, hard times for Nigerians).
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by jaybee3(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
what sources?
AP: reports that he was verbally disruptive
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by SEFAGO(m): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2009
shame cry
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by koolchicco: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2009
[size=18pt]OMG!! Another Nigerian Bomber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by proudly9ja(m): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2009
^^^^ calm down, no one said he tried to bomb, this one could just be an attention seeker.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by koolchicco: 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
proudly9ja:

^^^^ calm down, no one said he tried to bomb, this one could just be an attention seeker.

An attention seeker u say?

And a Nigerian?

To the same destination?
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by SEFAGO(m): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2009
this flight was to nigeria- there would be lots of Nigerians on the flight
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Epiphany(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
These are not the best times to be a Nigerian. What the hell was/is wrong with this second person? Profiling or not, rude behaviour from the airport officials or not (for being a Nigerian), the guy should have behaved himself. Is he silly?

God!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all messed up man
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Tats(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

this flight was to nigeria- there would be lots of Nigerians on the flight
Who says the flight was to Nigeria?
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Beaf: 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
Its on TV (CNN)! shocked shocked shocked shocked

All the luggage from that plane has been laid out on the tarmac in Detroit for experts to go through painstackingly. Na wa! I hope it doesn't turn out to be what it seems to be turning into.

Jesu!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by SEFAGO(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
i meant the route was the same
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2009
Epiphany:

These are not the best times to be a Nigerian. What the hell was/is wrong with this second person? Profiling or not, rude behaviour from the airport officials or not (for being a Nigerian), the guy should have behaved himself. Is he fu*king silly?

I henceforth consider myself a Camerounian untill further notice!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Tats(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
Epiphany:

These are not the best times to be a Nigerian. What the hell was/is wrong with this second person? Profiling or not, rude behaviour from the airport officials or not (for being a Nigerian), the guy should have behaved himself. Is he fu*king silly?

Exactly! It is likely profiling and the way the guy may have handled the incident when confronted.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2009
Tats:

It sure is a fallout.
A black guy spending time in an airline toilet is now an issue.

Picture this scenario. . . You're in a building working really hard to meet your quota for the day when suddenly a suicide bomber runs in front of you (and your colleagues) yelling "allahu akbar", exposes his chest to show an explosives vest packed to the teeth with hundreds of kilograms of TATP and armed with a detonator. As he attempts to detonate the bomb, a fizzy sound is heard and nothing happens.

The rational thing to do IS TO RUN TO HIDE IN THE TOILET OF THE BUILDING (FOR OVER ONE HOUR) THE VERY SUICIDE BOMBER INTENDS BOMBING, where chances of a possible detonation is still possible, RIGHT?

Tell me you're being stoopid for a reason
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Beaf: 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2009
Ther passengers are also being questions and dogs have been called in. The Nigerian remains in custody.
[size=14pt]Why did the fo.ol have to lock himself in the toilet for up to an hour?[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Epiphany(m): 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2009
. . . so if people ask me what country i am from now, what am i to say? Even though i will say i am a Nigerian, i wont be able to push my chest out and say with all confidence, I AM A NIGERIAN.

This had better blow over quickly.
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Beaf: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
[size=14pt]Breaking News![/size]

No device was found on or with the Nigerian! Thank God!!!
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2009
Epiphany:

. . . so if people ask me what country i am from now, what am i to say? Even though i will say i am a Nigerian, i wont be able to push my chest out and say with all confidence, I AM A NIGERIAN.

This had better blow over quickly.

Tell them u r a Biafran grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by proudly9ja(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Breaking News![/size]

No device was found on or with the Nigerian! Thank God!!!

Yeah Im sure most of us must have guessed this but we still need to follow up on the issue cos it def must not be profiling, !! we are still trying to dust 419 off our clothes
Re: Breaking News: Another Nigerian Arrested On Same Detroit Route! by Hesperus(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2009
I believe what happened is that the guy was unnecessarily questioned for being in the toilet, and then he lost his head. Granted, he should have understood that in the light of recent developments, security measures will be stepped up. But still, these white guys can seriously take the piss! I can imagine how they would have gone about it, making him look like a criminal even before finding anything suspicious. That alone is enough to make a man go mad.

Now it is all over the news, another Naija guy. And BBC just reported that having gone through all the luggage, NO explosives were found. Abeg make dem go siddon jare!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages / CBN Donates N100m To Kano Govt For Boko Haram Victims / Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.