Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help (48763 Views)

I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2017
chairman010:

but bros, one's life being in danger is not a reason for divorce according to the bible,
it is only when fornication is involved, even in this case you are encouraged to forgive your spouse by telling you to remain unmarried if you insist on divorcé ng

My friend it will do you a lot good if you can't cope with a woman and divorce than do something that will make you worse off.

That mantra divorce is an abomination should be abolished!

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, " the dogmas of the quiet past are not applicable to the stormy present;therefore, we must rise to the occasion".
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by arinspice(f): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2017
Divorce is a stupid solution to a difficult problem........please tell your sis to start reading books by PST Bisi and pst mrs yomi Akande listen also to his teaches ,i believe he has the right word for your marriage
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Ngokafor(f): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2017
farous:

U made a point. Any sane man CAN NEVER just wake up and start beating,insulting or divorce the wife.There MUST be an untold story. I suggest she just say the truth and beg the man for forgiveness.

..There are lots of insane men everywhere in Nigeria,believe it or not.....I as a lady will never condone beating from my husband or any man for that matter,come what may...Good thing is that my hubby is not like that.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2017
Vorpal:

Good question.
This generation of mothers have a lot to do. May my kids not grow to post the kind of comments I read on NL. This is why women shouldn't be scared of being alone, neither should they be overly dependent on their husbands.

If my husband try that flex his muscles on me. Imsef won't, he knows there are people waiting for him to fuckup, make them enter set. grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 06, 2017
keepingmum:
So the only reason she's considering a divorce is because her husband called her and her siblings orphans? NOT because of the incessant DV, emotional abuse and all?

Should a third party prevail she will be happy to remain as long as he apologises abi?

She should well done!!! The I must remain MRS crew, the god forbids divorce crew, the I don't want my Shildren42 grow up in a broken home gang

Pls tell her 2 remain in the marriage, after all she is a working nurse, she can cater for herself and treat any injuries inflicted on her by her beloved horseband. ......the day he bangs her head on the wall and she dies, she ll get automatic ticket 2 heaven for upholding her vows ......she can also serve as guiding angel 2 her 4 children who will be maltreated by their stepmum incessantly... . Shielding them from eating poisonous food as we see on nollywood

Sacarsm at its peak grin grin grin #wehdonsir/ma
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

This generation of mothers have a lot to do. May my kids not grow to post the kind of comments I read on NL. This is why women shouldn't be scared of being alone, neither should they be overly dependent on their husbands.

If my husband try that flex his muscles on me. Imsef won't, he knows there are people waiting for him to fuckup, make them enter set. grin

But you don't sound like a woman who would aggravate a man to that point.....tongue

While you train men, do not forget to teach the women too.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by cybernaut(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2017
Nma27:
What are u saying exactly? She has no right? But he has the right to abuse her physically and emotionally? E be like say knot loose for your head
are u sure u attend secondary education well.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by fedrick4god(m): 11:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Solobenny:
Good evening wonderful Nigerians and naira landers.
Please take your time and read cause this might be a long post.
NB: Exclusively for natured and experienced minds, your comments and are expectedly welcomed.

My cousin has complains she's tired of her marriage.

She has been married for 5yrs and have four children (a set of twin girls and another boy and girl).

She has on several/most occasions been a victim of domestic violence, the husband spends most nights outside the home, comes back drunk, easily infuriated and top of it all an egoistic being.

My cousin has been enduring without telling anyone because of her ill mother(don't want her to die of heartbreak) and for the love of her kids, not forsaking the endurance based on Christianity belief.

Now her mum is gone just some days ago, pathetic as it seems the husband didn't show any sign of pity or sympathy, he started making threats of divorce accompanied with abuses calling she and her siblings "useless orphans,your sorrow just begin" and more despite the mourning state.

Now, she is clearly confused on the decision to take.

*To proceed with the divorce , noting the expenses of child rearing on a single mother. ( She's a qualified and educated Nurse)

*To seek or perhaps accept apology if who knows her husband apologizes like he always does. ( bearing in mind the level of threat, high level of domestic violence and mental distress she'll continue to undergo.)

Help her make a decision.

Thanks as you comment wisely and naturedly.
From the write up above its crystal clear that the man is just a mess. How come you enter relationship with drunkard without knowing. Any alcoholic addicted Human does not make it in relationship because they don't always have life but their sense does not always work. That does not mean their is not responsible man out their that drinks alcohol, Have seen men that drinks with common sense yet they still have good home but its not possible with addiction. Just call it a quit, also the Man has no respect for your personalities, see how he's trashing your family. That's one of the things I tell young people. Make sure you learn very well about the Man before you say yes, although no perfect human, but make sure he's worth enduring.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2017
MrEgbegbe:
If you haven't been with a woman, you won't know how annoying and evil they are

Maybe the slay queens of today. I'm sure you wouldn't agree with your mother being called 'evil' unless she truly is. So when you say *women* please do employ a qualifier.

MrEgbegbe:
But that doesn't warrant ass whopping or domestic violence

I think it is unfair to pick a fight with someone who is not your match, be it a man or woman. But your preceding statements is in stark opposition to what you just wrote here. By the same logic everyone should be free of ass whopping. Even the devil is free to go. shocked

I am not one to pick a fight with a woman but to essentially say that nothing warrants ass whopping is just crazy. That is feminism in its finest.

If women are as evil as you say and you let them off for anything they do, then, equality demands that you let similarly evil men go. At least that is supposed to follow logically from the feminist view you are espousing. Although they never consider that dimension cos it doesn't fit their agenda of turning men to puppies.

Thing is that society wants to exculpate women of every wrongdoing. This follows from the fact that society doesn't want to punish women for bad actions. So its better to pronounce them innocent and immaculate for life.

MrEgbegbe:
The reason why her husband still beats her is because she's weak, let her kick his husband in the nuts, he will never lay hands on her again

Now you turn around and promote violence. Thought you just said no amount of evil warrants domestic violence But of course you have the self-defense argument to resort to. Perhaps it never occurred to you that a woman may be the initiator of domestic violence.

OP if it is family meeting you need to call, once every week will go a long way in resolving your problems. If the man wasn't always like that,
then what went wrong? If he was always like that, then, let her make her decision

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by pipilacious: 11:23am On Apr 06, 2017
I don't know why most couples think seeking divorce is the only solution to marriage crisis ,my dear tell her to look more into her life ,is she getting money more than her husband ,does she think she is the bread winner ....that is the problem with most women and that is y some men dont allow thier wife to work due to their high ego that accompany their money making ,then if the fault is from the man then let her stay just for her kids because children trained in united family cannot be compared with the one train in a divorced home
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2017
AuroraB:
Gurl, you sure read the post? cheesy
She has 2 sets of twins. She is a qualified nurse. The husband is asking for a divorce but the woman is confused or wants to be a matyr according to the teaching of War Room cheesy grin

nop.

1 twins boys. then a girl, then a boy.

Is she a working nurse and if she is, nurses are paid ridiculously low.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by luminouz(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2017
ElsonMorali:
How about you be fair and post the husband's side of the story here too or let him come online and defend himself.
Exactly my point but DAT daretoFIFA chick just dey huff n puff upandan!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2017
cybernaut:
are u sure u attend secondary education well.
I should b asking u that

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by luminouz(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

So to ur addled brain ur husband won't beat u coz there are people(ur family) waiting for him to fuckup? So they can beat him? If ur not married I just pity u.....so ur family members are set beaters?

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by hotspec(m): 11:38am On Apr 06, 2017
AuroraB:
The husband is asking for a divorce angry
Dt makes it easier then. She shd concur
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Solobenny(m): 11:39am On Apr 06, 2017
piragirl:
please tell your cousin to join FIN FAMALE IN NIGERIA,should will get best advice,meet women that has gone through worse,shoulders to lean on and above all no one will jurge her unlike some people naira lander.let her send me her Fb details so i can add her.ayoajayi262@gmail.com. Best regards
Gimme ur facebook link
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by jomoh: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2017
daretodiffer:
She did juju to him when she realised no one would marry her because of her numerous abortionsundecided

Ijiot!

I checked your page and saw the kalimah there. I will leave you for the respect of that kalimah but next time you try this with me, by Allah you shall regret it.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by adontcare(f): 11:40am On Apr 06, 2017
Op. My matured, unbiased advice is that ur sister should accept the divorce and move on with her life. She is due to be free and happy.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Hemstone(m): 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
adorablepepple:
My mum use to say in the first 5 years of marriage couple have teething problems. So I guess this is it
When he gets back home late she should ingnore him,she should be sleeping too instead of confronting him when he is drunk, when he is ok in the morning she can talk to him. If he still hits her then she should let him go.
Let him carry out his threat. Let your sister prepare her minds towards being a single mum,yes I know the burden will be too much but it will help save what is left of her self esteem. Does she have a Job? If she doesn't, she should get one.
mumu... so after telling someone to shut up. This is the rubbish you can advise?
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2017
luminouz:

So to ur addled brain ur husband won't beat u coz there are people(ur family) waiting for him to fuckup? So they can beat him? If ur not married I just pity u.....so ur family members are set beaters?
Only on NL do beings like you pity someone doing better than you _pity yourself. Now, go quote your fellow men supporting domestic violence, you silly being.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Transcends: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2017
anochilar:
As a Christian, by Christ teaching, the only allowed reason for divorce is marital infidelity. (even at that, forgiveness by the innocent mate, is also an allowed option, especially for the sake of the kids) but divorce on fornication grounds (infidelity) isn't a sin.
-Matthew 19:9
but separation, from an abusive mate, (includes domestic violence, and threat to life) is very much allowed! -Please read 1corinthians 7:10,11.
(as long as the separated mates does not remarry someone else)
for as long as is necessary, so when the guilty mate has come to his senses, accepts counsel, prays for God's help, apologise, and seeks reunion of his spouse, then they can be reconciled together again, and there children can grow up in a united home.
A separation, does not have a specific duration, it may range from several days, to several years. Of living in Separate residences.
The only situations in which a divorce is valid is, 1. The guilty mate is also a cheat (unfaithful) either during the marriage, or during separation. (note: divorce on fidelity reasons must be made on hard evidence. Example, caught in the act... Not on mere suspicion)
2. During the separation, any of the mates remarry and have sex with the 3rd party spouse, (a fornication has occurred) therefore, whoever of the 2, that didn't remarry first, is now free to remarry, and it would be valid, by Christian doctrine.
-read mark 10:11,12. Malachi 2:16.
Any further questions, requiring solid answers from the bible, i may help you.
I read through all other comments but wasn't satisfied at all... lol... but when I came across this, in fact, I had to open my Bible. For me, this is the best and revealing comment so far. More grace, sir!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by luminouz(m): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

Only on NL do beings like you pity someone doing better than you _pity yourself. Now, go quote your fellow men supporting domestic violence, you silly being.

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 06, 2017
Vorpal:

But you don't sound like a woman who would aggravate a man to that point.....tongue

While you train men, do not forget to teach the women too.
Hahaha, we would train both.
No one is perfect dear, we never can know what will "aggravate" men these days. cheesy
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by luminouz(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2017
Hemstone:
mumu... so after telling someone to shut up. This is the rubbish you can advise?
*rubbing tears from eyes* why are u this savage in ur replies...... She can go and kuku kill herself now!!! Izunfair ooooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by suk22: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Pidgin2:
Her husband is her cross, tell her to watch 'War Room'
she need to see that movie.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Abagworo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
She entered into a marriage she knew the outcome ab-initio. The abusive tendency of a man is rarely hidden and most women enter into marriage hoping things will change. My sister an abusive man is unchangeable.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
PaperLace:

Hahaha, we would train both.
No one is perfect dear, we never can know what will "aggravate" men these days. cheesy

Not a man who loves and cherishes you. tongue
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by davo90tico(m): 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
ademoladeji:
Lobatan!
bro that pic Na lie
remember the vows for marriage
For better or worse in sickness and in health for richer for poorer till death do us part.
many of this signs of her husband might have been visible during courtship and she just ignored them cos she wanted to marry
so no say marriage is just a certificate
it's not something to be taken lightly as most peeps do spending much on wedding and using little effort for the actual marriage it actually goes both ways bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bleh!

Yeah, let's look at all the reasons that could have driven him to batter his wife, he could have a tangible reason, who knowssmiley..... Seriously though, you don't have the ability to emphasise or think!

Whatcha gonna do about thatundecided

jomoh:

I checked your page and saw the kalimah there. I will leave you for the respect of that kalimah but next time you try this with me, by Allah you shall regret it.
Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
This is so untrue. It may be apparent in some, but it is not in others.

Abagworo:
She entered into a marriage she knew the outcome ab-initio. The abusive tendency of a man is rarely hidden and most women enter into marriage hoping things will change. My sister an abusive man is unchangeable.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help by Charly68: 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
2kaybiel:
is she a nag, a disobedient, a disrespective or unsubmissive woman?
The woman might have her own trouble which is not stated in this piece because it is rare for a man to make a threat of divorce without a reason even if he is a drunkard.
Good of you! The writer did not tell us the other side of the story: what makes the man to be a night crawler we need to know. What has the woman been doing to warrant maltreatment we need to know. However giving themselves a space In the face of domestic violence will possibly make each of them to appreciate each other better. When they see each other daily they may not value or appreciate the bond between them. A space may make the head of the man to be correct particularly if he is from a descent origin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Nigerian Lady Who Slapped Her Mother, Sent Back To Nigeria. See Reactions / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.