Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,132 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science (706 Views)

“any Woman Telling You Harder, Rebuke Her Sharp Sharp” – Nigerian Man Advises / 6 Types Of Men That Women Find Attractive According To Science! / 11 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science by yunqblex: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2017
11 Ways To Tell If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science

Wouldn’t the world be such a simple place if someone’s nose really grew when they told a lie? Then we wouldn’t have to spend so much time trying to determine whether people are telling the truth. Luckily, though, there are scientific ways to tell if someone is being honest that can guide us in the right direction. The signs of honesty, which we'll get to below, are a combination of both verbal and non-verbal cues that all are dead giveaways, based on research and practice.

It can be nothing short of frustrating when we feel someone might be lying to us, but we can’t seem to get to the bottom of whether they are really telling the truth or fibbing. Lies can be thrown at us by countless people in our lives — from friends, to family, to significant others, coworkers and more. Sometimes the lies are tiny little white ones — like, “I love your new dress,” or “No, your hair doesn’t look messy today” — but, other times they might be big and very significant — like, “No, I didn’t cheat on you,” or “It wasn’t me who stole money from you.” When considering the latter group of lies, I’m sure many of us can agree that it's vital to be able to tell if the person is telling us the truth or not. For that reason, let’s discuss some tactics that could be helpful in cracking the case. Here are 11 scientific ways to tell if someone is telling you the truth.

1. Their Story Is Longer & Detailed

If you’re suspecting someone is lying, yet they tell you a story that is lengthy, complete, and fully detailed, it’s likely they’re actually telling the truth, according to Psychology Today. The outlet said a short story, or one that seems to be strung together and incomplete, might tend to be one that is fabricated.

2. They’re Holding The Right Amount Of Eye Contact

Eyes have the power to be extremely telling at times, particularly when it comes to whether people are telling the truth or not. When I think about it, I assume liars would have a difficult time holding eye contact, but it turns out the opposite is true. According to research reported on in Psychology Today, “liars maintain more deliberate eye contact than do truthful people.” With that in mind, pay attention to the eye contact the person in question is maintain with you — if it doesn’t feel like a complete stare down, and rather is moments of eye contact followed by glances away, it could be a sign they’re being genuine.

CONTINUE ------------------->>>> https://www.nairaland.com/3680528/11-ways-tell-someone-telling/1
Re: 10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science by RoyalBlak007: 9:20am On Apr 07, 2017
maintain♤

♤.eye contact
Re: 10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science by SNOWCREAM(m): 9:23am On Apr 07, 2017
Nice read but I'm not clicking nada undecided
Re: 10 Ways To No If Someone Is Telling You The Truth, According To Science by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
LA click, LA bend. grin

(1) (Reply)

To All The Slay Queens And Bosses / Is It Fair For Wife To Hve Sex Wit Her Fater In Law ,if Fater In Law Is Widower / Mr. P Of Psquare Ready To Sponsor The wedding Btw Iinda And D Jazzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.