Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? (18488 Views)

Why Do So Many 'Born-Again, Spirit-Filled' Women Show Off Cleavage In Church? / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / God Give Us Christian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by joeace2020(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Okay, take for instance, I was born in India. I was indoctrinated with Hinduism. I grew up and indoctrinated myself with Islam. Is that rebellion too?

Until that overzealous Jesusboy answer this, i won't take his concern serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Realgana(m): 9:47am On Apr 09, 2017
B
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Princefrankie1(m): 9:48am On Apr 09, 2017
A Christian who believes that when he dies, he will go to heaven, put on white and sing hymns to God for eternity, is that one a Christian?

A Christian who believes that the people who doesn't go to church are sinners and will burn forever in hell, is that one a Christian?

A Christian who believes that God lives in heaven, and heaven is within the cloud, is that one a Christian?

You all are just 'church goers' and not Christians! There is big difference.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by paskyboy: 9:49am On Apr 09, 2017
skillful01:
Well,I gave on religion for two reasons:

1. The religious god phucked up.

2. "for ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free".

curiousity made me discover the truth.

Please shed more light on this
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by marvelling(m): 9:49am On Apr 09, 2017
luminouz:
I concur!!!! D fvvk is DAT anyways!!!

I wonder o!
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by ifenes(m): 9:49am On Apr 09, 2017
People like that( like myself) payed more attention to the bible and noticed the inconsistensis, the lies ,the cover ups etc. Why will you want to stay in cult that tries to limit your humanity?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=Omooba77 post=55398433]I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Comjul(m): 9:50am On Apr 09, 2017
The mystery of the last days, pray very well, so that it will not happen to you
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Aystarz: 9:51am On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:
Simply a failure of those churches.They were simply going thru d motions.The word of God taught in those churches was of little value, superficial, non beneficial teachings of prosperity and u can own all because you are a Christian. When the real test comes in the real work after they have left home, the useless sermons they have been listening to is unable to sustain them.

I concur absolutely. The churches are the biggest culprit. Judgement the Bible says will begin from these so-called houses of God
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 9:51am On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:
2nd Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,...............

Its been fotetold.
Foretold? Kikiki grin has there ever been a time in history of the world when there were no covetous people, boasters, proud people, blasphemers(people who blasts other gods), those who disobey their parents, those who are not grateful, and those who don't believe in the concept of holiness? Are these what you call prophecy? cheesy

Lemme show you real prophecy... I am coming...

DOCTUFOS: Karmish 11: 6-15
6. And the Niklatans said, what are the signs of the return of your Lord? And Petra said, did you not hear of earthquake which occurred in Mezan and in Macedon? 7. For our Lord has said to us that before his coming shall earthquake occur in many places. 8. Now Galio who was the head of the Niklatans said, I have gathered much evidence from record books about earthquakes. And I have read that earthquakes happen in different places before the coming of Yeshua. 9. And the things which happen before his coming must continue to happen. How then did your lord give such thing as the sign of his coming? For it is like saying, Niklas shall return to destroy the world. And the sign of his coming would be that the earth shall become dark and there shall be heavy rain in different places. 10. Does the earth not become dark occasionally before? And does heavy rain not fall in different places before? How then is this a prophecy? 11. Now hear this: for this is a true prophecy: the homos of the world shall go from one nation to another through the air. And they shall ride in metals made with engines. And the use of horses and camels shall be made uncommon. 12. And I say that the use of fire for seeing shall become uncommon, for lights shall be made by a thinker to replace the use of fire in seeing. 13. And the homos of the future shall see afar off with great devices which they shall make. 14. Now O Petra, did your lord see any of these things? Did he prophesy any of these future occurrences? For these are real prophecies which shall happen. But the prophecy of diseases and earthquakes happening in different places are not prophecies because all these have happened before your lord came to the earth, and they shall continue to happen. 15. Now Petra said, all these things you mention are the things to laugh about, because even none of the gods could do them, how much then shall the homos do them?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Ipayesco(m): 9:51am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity today were rasied by Christian parents. Many of the the so called athiests were once vibrant members. Many of lewd singers were once choristers. Please what is happening, my heart burns!!!
It is because the bible which christians follow does not show in their life. Even in church Pastor will tell u that My attitude is who u are not God's love

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by blackfase(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Im a classic example. The lies, hypocrisy, fakeness, immorality that has overtaken the church is heart-wrenching, on the part of the earthly pastors and congregants alike. I quit doing church over a year now.....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by northvietnam(m): 9:53am On Apr 09, 2017
cuz their parents have nothing to show after many years of Christian madness...

niggaz choose another way of living...

just like the girl in BBnaija
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Oches4me(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2017
simply because Christian of today follow miracles and their pastor, some even fear their pastor than God, that is y pastors preaching lies, deceit and fake miracle to make them a perpetual slave for their binding. papa say, Dady say not bible say.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity today were rasied by Christian parents. Many of the the so called athiests were once vibrant members. Many of lewd singers were once choristers. Please what is happening, my heart burns!!!

I believe I am one of the Christians who became atheist and now feel indifferent about religion, so I believe I can speak for many of us, who have chosen to stay on the sidelines of religion while watching the Hallelujah series and episodes playing out on diverse alters.

Listen friend, there was a time there was no Christianity and people worshiped whatever they felt was their Creator. Many cultures world over, worshipped anything that landed from the sky, even Air-crafts, because whatever came from the sky was devoid of man's understanding, then.

The old testament is such cook book. But substitute Chariot of the Gods, to Alien Space ship, substitute God for Alien Humanoid specie and the story will make more sense.

Read Genesis' 'Let US make Man in OUR own image' and it will reveal an Alien species that sequenced us in their DNAs, there were not, he was NOT God. The Statement ...'let US make man in OUR image' shows plural entities involved.

Christians are one of the smartest demographics on this planet. Christians do not hide their truths. When a Christian discovers that Jehovah was actually one of the Extra-terrestrial humanoid Specie, that modified our genes by sequencing our DNAs and cloning us into the Android robots that has become a 'container' for Interstellar entities to project and experience 3D density then a Christian becomes Atheist. Yes, we have recognized that we are not supposed to worship our fellow humanoids, even though they engineered our species to this great beings that we are.

Islam is a different kettle of fish, and happens to be one of the worst religion anyone can be exposed to, due to the violence intrinsic in that religion, so do not count it as a gain to Islam, just understand that Islam is not worth the alphabeths that it is spelt with. I do not hate Islam, I just hate the violence it has come to represent. But I love muslims, not the terrorists. I own a Koran.

We love Christians, it is a step towards truth and actually have great numbers of truth in her.

Do not be emotionally downcasted by the turn of events, Jesus was NOT a Christian, Jesus was a Jew and Jesus NEVER heard of the word Christianity before his Ascension on the Merkaba. Focus on how to enjoy your experience on Earth and not be restricted by Dogma and Laws instituted by those wey sabi, to keep you more limited on this prison planet.

You do not have a soul, you are soul, you have a body. Enjoy Earth life, your time is limited. Do not waste it thinking about home, somehow you will eventually go there, so why bother worrying about what our default destination is ? Why worry, when you will not come out of life, alive.

Be like me, enjoy every moment to the full and read ferociously.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by lukui: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2017
be cause the world is changing. pastors don't care about their followers, all they care about is 10% . in London now most churches are non functional because people don't attend anymore and likewise in the US .
western world now worship technology and science. not dogmatism and blind followership. Imagine a pastor asking his church members to be eating grass. or asking them to give him blowjobs or another one climbing them inside the church. so what do you expect?
MAY THE ALMIGHTY LEAD US TO THE RIGHT PATH
#GODBLESSNIGERIA
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

I believe I am one of the Christians who became atheist and now feel indifferent about religion, so I believe I can speak for many of us, who have chosen to stay on the sidelines of religion while watching the Hallelujah series and episodes playing out on diverse alters.

Listen friend, there was a time there was no Christianity and people worshiped whatever they felt was their Creator. Many cultures world over, worshipped anything that landed from the sky, even Air-crafts, because whatever came from the sky was devoid of man's understanding.

Christians are one of the smartest demographics on this planet. Christians do not hide their truths. When a Christian discovers that Jehovah was actually one of the Extra-terrestrial humanoid Specie, that modified our genes by sequencing our DNAs and cloning us into the Android robots that has become a 'container' for Interstellar entities to project and experience 3D density then a Christian becomes Atheist. Yes, we have recognized that we are not supposed to worship our fellow humanoids, even though they engineered our species to this great beings that we are.

Islam is a different kettle of fish, and happens to be one of the worst religion anyone can be exposed to, due to the violence intrinsic in that religion, so do not count it as a gain to Islam, just understand that Islam is not worth the alphabeths that it is spelt with.

We love Christians, it is a step towards truth and actually have great numbers of truth in her.

Do not be emotionally downcasted by the turn of events, Jesus was NOT a Christian, Jesus was a Jew and Jesus NEVER heard of the word Christianity before his Ascension on the Merkaba. Focus on how to enjoy your experience on Earth and not be restricted by Dogma and Laws instituted by those wey sabi, to keep you more limited on this prison planet.

You do not have a soul, you are soul, you have a body. Enjoy Earth life, your time is limited. Do not waste it thinking about home, somehow you will eventually go there, so why bother worrying about what our default destination is ? Why worry, when you will not come out of life, alive.

Be like me, enjoy every moment to the full and read ferociously.

KingEbukasBlog:
Introduction

This thread is concerned with showing the explicit difference between Religion and God . There's the belief that the existence of God has always been in religion with many believing that questioning religious beliefs means you are impugning God's existence . Well , I'm here to show you how false this is . There's God without religion and there's religion without God . Let's ride cheesy

God without Religion

One can still believe in God whilst having no religious beliefs or adhering to any religious dogma . If you feel that you don't understand religious doctrines or beliefs , there's deism and panentheism for you . These two philosophical doctrines are expounded below :

Deism

Deism is a theological/philosophical position which posits that God created the universe and does not intervene in the universe . The deists say that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of a single creator of the universe . They , as well as the theists , believe that Nature , Science and Reason are cogent proof of the existence of God . The deists are no lowbrows , they are intellectuals who rejected religion and religious authority.

The constructional elements of deist thought included:
*God exists and created the universe.
*God gave humans the ability to reason.

But some deists believe in the existence of Personal God - one that you can have a personal relationship with God - while some believe in an Impersonal God. Some deists believe that God can interact with humans but that does not mean he intervenes in the affairs of men . They believe that religion is not needed to maintain a relationship with God .

Types of deism include : Panendeism , Process Deism , Spiritual Deism , Scientific Deism , Christian Deism .

Christian Deism
In Christian Deism , the divinity of Christ is rejected and his moral teachings are accepted . To a deist , Christ may have had a transpersonal relationship with God .

Deism and Religious Skepticism
Deism came into prominence in Europe during the Age of Enlightenment . Intellectuals challenged the rich powerful Catholic Church who secretly circulated pamphlets that undercut traditional dogma. The established Church was discredited, leading priests and bishops were forced into exile or executed, its churches and seminaries closed, its beliefs and rituals held up to ridicule. The French Revolution inspired skeptics across Europe to put the irreligious ideas of the Enlightenment into practice .

As a believer in God , anytime an atheist brings up arguments on the Age of Enlightenment , tell them the deists who believed in God were involved massively in the promulgation of Irreligion cool .

The deists are irreligious and here are critical elements of deist thought :

*Rejection of religions that are based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
*Rejection of religious dogma and demagogy.
*Skepticism of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".

The deists don't believe in prayer or creation stories in various religions . They repudiate prophecies , miracles or anything that suggests that God intervenes in the affairs of humans .

So dear believers in God , not everyone who attacks your religious beliefs is an atheist . wink

And of course , there are famous deists - Albert Einstein , Abraham Lincoln , Benjamin Franklin , Mark Twain , George Washington , Plato , Aristotle , Socrates , Leonardo da Vinci ,Thomas Paine , Thomas Edison , Thomas Jefferson , Napoleon Bonaparte and so many others .

KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism and Superstition
Superstitious beliefs contradict natural science and there are certain aspects linked to religion, like omens, witchcraft, and prophecies. So yes , atheists can be superstitious . In Buddhism , atheists can have superstitious beliefs like reincarnation - endless cycles of rebirths . In Confucianism , atheists worship ancestral spirits with the belief that they can control the fortunes of the descendants . The Confucians can also carry out rituals and prayers to these ancestral spirits .

Atheism and Witchcraft
Atheists in Wicca can still be fully involved in Witchcraft . They also believe in magic which is seen as a manipulative force exercised through the practice of witchcraft or sorcery. Wiccans define magic as was "the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will", or as the the science of the control of the secret forces of nature". Many Wiccans believe magic to be a law of nature, as yet misunderstood or disregarded by contemporary science .

Atheism and Intelligent Design
Raelians in Raelism reject evolution and are vociferous proponents of Intelligent Design - they believe humans are creations of aliens . They also believe in an eternal universe - one with no creator . But of course we know that Raelism's arguments are fallacious - the Homunculus Fallacy - because it can't state how life ultimately began . It only progresses into infinite regress .

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Shafiiimran99: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2017
Muslims fightin christianity.... When was that or where is the fightin go on?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by jaymejate: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2017
It's simple.
The way they were brought up and things they were thought by their parents made them put everything on God and not thinking about using their own common sense and abilities God has given them to do some simple things. So when they need God to do something for them and God is seeing that thing as something they can do themselves, refusing to do it, they became frustrated.
To worsen it, when something bad happen, like death, losing jobs and others, they forget that it's natural and they need their common sense to put things in order. They Blane God instead, thereby losing hope.
Church also is a factor, pastors do against what they preach.

I was at the verge of becoming an atheist, when my Mom that served God with all her heart died

In short, Let us know that God gave us common sense to solve somethings ourselves and that's why we are superior to animals on the field.

I believe whatever the atheist says but doesn't change my believe in God because i have common sense to handle it

Seun you should surely have something to say

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by emmanuel2015: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2017
Money
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by FieryJustice(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2017
wait a minute!! are there still Christians in the 21st century tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by reyscrub(m): 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Go and ask Apostle Suleiman, you will know the reason.

Mtceeeeew, Jamb question.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Bekimbo(m): 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
The question is why did Christ allows Christianity to be used by some people as a fraudulent activities

I stopped going to church due to what is going on in so called house of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
We got tired of being hypocrites. We got tired of pretending to be what we were not. We discovered the truth, and the truth set us free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by slegend(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2017
very expensive but very sure....happy Sunday...

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by correctguy101(m): 10:01am On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Foretold? Kikiki grin has there ever been a time in history of the world when there were no covetous people, boasters, proud people, blasphemers(people who blasts other gods), those who disobey their parents, those who are not grateful, and those who don't believe in the concept of holiness? Are these what you call prophecy? cheesy

kikikikiki. Those ain't prophesy na. There has always been earthquakes and in some lands pestilence from time to time at some point in time (we all knew about when bird flu, lassa fever, even almighty Ebola threatened to wipe out some nations) but that shouldn't be called a prophesy proving we are in the fictitious end time.
I just pity Africans with their nonsense... always looking for what isn't there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 09, 2017
There's nothing like a Christian home or a Muslim home.

God has given free will and each must choose his path.

Thinking for yourself by being an Atheist or thinking for your by being a theist will not change the fact that you did same on your own volition viz you weren't coerced into such faith.

Ending this only Nigerians dey carry this kind matter for head.

#RememberTheShepherdsKids
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by dangotesmummy: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2017
Because their parents are extremist.

They don't make their kids understand God gradually at their own pace,they use force.every of their decision is final. They don't have a communication line with their kids to reason together

E.g they use abara or insults to wake their kids up to pray when they force them to read Bible, they don't let them read, understand, comprehend and think and ask questions if they miss a line or verse they start yelling, hitting, insulting and spanking

They don't make their children see reasons why church is important. They just force them to tie scarf, put Bible and biscuits in their bag then fling them inside the car.they continue this cycle till the kids get to their teenage years.they're just in church because daddy said we must be in church. They don't even understand the reason they're there.half of the time they're pinging and leaving church to stroll around and then come back when it's about time to share the grace

When it's time to close they follow their parents back to the car carrying their Bibles like a sheep that has no choice

As soon as they're independent they don't even bother to go to church because they don't see any reason being there since they know the monotonous routine involved in church.

Even as kids sef Sunday school teacher will flog them for not singing a verse or a line in church

Do you think that kind of individual who has gone through such experience will like church?

In Africa children don't learn about God at their own pace and level.it's imposed on them with threats, insults and child bullying

When they fail morally the Sunday school teachers ridicule them publicly in teen church

I can't even remember when last I've been in church because when I see some pastors I begin to say within me that is it this one that wants to preach to me and tell me how to live my life when I know what they do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by felixomor: 10:03am On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Hey deluded.
Go and open your thread....
Stop trying to get cheap popularity using the bible....

Shoosh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Alexbrain(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Our ancestor actually thought their religion is the best thing on planet before the White came to wipe their ass and their god's ass, hence they dumped their religion for their slave master religion, the slave master and his religion promise us that we won't longer be taken to Europe as slave but to heaven but alas the slave-master are un-repentantly into science as a means of solving their problem while leaving behind african to be calling on the God they gave her while they call on science. they results are there for all to see

I concur 100%. They gave us the Bible and taught us to pray, by the time we opened our eyes, they had our lands and us captives. Till today we are still calling on god

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gifts Man $1000 To Secure Accommodation In Ghana (Photos) / Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female? / God Will Soon Pass His Judgment On Corrupt Nigerians – Mrs Foluke Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.