Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? (18486 Views)

Why Do So Many 'Born-Again, Spirit-Filled' Women Show Off Cleavage In Church? / Little Boy Preaching The Gospel In Rivers State / God Give Us Christian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:
OH... Now I understand the whole concept of yahweh sending jesus to die. You mean Yahweh sent him to die so that all the evil himself committed against humanity could be forgiven him by humans? Okay... No P, we humans have forgiven yahweh of his numerous evil and wickedness. Realmindz abeg show, this guy said that all the evil done by Yahweh should be forgotten because jesus has come to die. Should we forgive yahweh or we should treat his fvck ups? cool

exceeding the limit of your comprehension results to this
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

Let's go when you return from Abuja? When will u return from Abuja?
where are you presently?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Can you explain why a packed car like daewoo racer that had 7-8 occupants suffered NO casualty or no injury? I await your 'logical' explanation.

A parked car? What do you mean by that? Pls explain. You mean you parked a car and you expect casualty
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

where are you presently?
Nigeria... Lag
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:
Nigeria... Lag
when do you intend to go?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

when do you intend to go?
As soon as you are ready to take me and few of my counterparts there. We will come with journalists and video cameras.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by yinks0067: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Before I argue further with u, where were u 92? For those who ply that road during the corrupt Era of military regime, that place was a death trap.

And nobody suffered any fracture nor disability. We were all fine. The car in question was a Daewoo racer, a car that had safety issues but to the glory of God, we are OK. If u encounter God, it would be hard to deny him. Like I said it's a choice. After all the America people crave for has America.

My issue with nigerians and religion is tht....who created the bad roads is it not a fellow nigerian tht goes to church or mosque tht build the death trapped road..we have all turn ourselves to slave because of religion...Do you think you survived because u were a xtian or because you pay your tight? Logical reasoning bro..you survived because you were not meant to die on that road ....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

exceeding the limit of your comprehension results to this
how? D guy said that the old testament Yahweh's killings have been erased because he sent jesus to die. Then I suggest that the jesus he sent was a kind of bribery to human for us to forgive him his wickedness of killing humanity. What do you think?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by MarieSucre(f): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
Both the Injil(Bible) and AlQuran are filled with unfathomable misogyny.
I can't. I just can't.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
Omooba77:
I have been having running thoughts; majority of people apart from Muslims fighting Christianity today were rasied by Christian parents. Many of the the so called athiests were once vibrant members. Many of lewd singers were once choristers. Please what is happening, my heart burns!!!

Did you do any sample survey to arrive at this conclusion? So you just woke up one day and a voice in your mind convinced you that this is the situation and you accepted it whole hook line and sinker, smh

I wonder why people even responded to this

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:
As soon as you are ready to take me and few of my counterparts there. We will come with journalists and video cameras.

most people do it for protection so it will be hard to see one for practical purpose. do you intend to try it on yourself if not will you come with someone?
maybe you should try it on my uncle but you need to bring sacrificial gift
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I am an atheist. I don’t believe in gods. None of them. Not yours, not theirs, not that one or this one. There is no evidence that gods exist. Period. I didn't start out atheist. I was raised Christian, and stayed that way until my early teens, when I started questioning and reading.

I haven’t prejudged anything, I came to these conclusions years ago after a whole lot of research. So far, I haven’t seen or heard any new arguments that persuade me to buy into religion. For me to believe the stories of the Bible are divine inspiration, I would first have to believe in the divine.

Clearly I don’t insist on Genesis being historical. Not a problem for me, but I live in a country where over 80% of the population believe in Adam and Eve, Noah, angles and demons as real and/or historical beings. That may not describe you, but that is way too many people who fail to connect with reality as far as I’m concerned.

There is nothing I've read or heard about that makes the mythology of a miracle working Jesus at all real for me. There are at least two common scenarios for these stories.

1. Jesus was the son of god, born of a virgin, worked miracles and was resurrected after his execution by the Romans

or

2. That was all made up, because we know that those kinds of stories were common in the day, and everyone of any importance was some kind of magic worker, son of a god or brought back to life.

Our understanding of reality, and the complete dearth of evidence for any of the above makes it easy for me to pick a side on this.

I happen to know many modern intelligent people who believe this nonsense. Some of them are involved in science and have no problem partitioning their mind so as to hold science and reason while also embracing some form of religion including Christianity. Some are friends and some are family. I suggest that your mind reading skills are lacking. (That’s OK because I don’t believe in mind reading either). I think it unlikely in the extreme that god(s) spoke to anyone, even thousands of years ago because as of yet there is no evidence for said god(s).

The Bible is written just the way I would expect the book to be written if it was put together by men (who knows, maybe some women, too) 2000 to 2500 years ago who had limited understanding of the world. There is nothing in it that speaks of inspiration except perhaps in the story telling aspect, but really nothing revealing or earth shattering, though I rather like some of Ecclesiastes and if you cherry pick the New Testament, there is some decent material there, though much of it can be found in many other writings.

I think the reason atheism is on the rise in Nigeria is because people are beginning to think for themselves and holding the religious books and claims to more scrutiny than accepting it at face value as their parents told them to. Just as our views on slavery and bigotry we learned are not humanistic views. I don't use christian/Muslim views as many christian/Islam faiths still preach hate for certain people and use their religious books as justification for this. and I think more people see this and say to themselves this is so wrong how can the bible/Koran be the word of god so then they doubt the bibles origin and teachings and eventually make the transition to atheism.

How do you know that atheism is on the rise in Nigeria,if it is kindly post documented statistics from an authentic source to support your claim

You people cannot continue taking others for f.ools, post stats to support your words

1 Like

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
bro4u:
Many of us were persuaded to follow what our parents were doing/practicing, the thing is we are Christians just because we were born into a Christian home, i'm pretty sure if i was born into a Muslim home i would have been one of them. But op dont get it twisted, the so called Atheists/ex christians who were once Christians still love Christianity, that's why we Atheist hardly insult/abuse/criticise Christianity the way we bash other religions like Islam.

Lol you must be new here
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

most people do it for protection so it will be hard to see one for practical purpose. do you intend to try it on yourself if not will you come with someone?
maybe you should try it on my uncle but you need to bring sacrificial gift
Of all people on earth, you are trying to scam a brain user? No, no, no, it can't work. I don't give sacrificial stuff to anyone. The ones I gave to yahweh as tithe is enough. Never again!!! Atum my god, the brother of yahweh have told me not to give anything to anyone as sacrifice. Rather, I should use my brain.

If you can't let me shoot your uncle two gun bullets free of charge, then let's forget it.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:
how? D guy said that the old testament Yahweh's killings have been erased because he sent jesus to die. Then I suggest that the jesus he sent was a kind of bribery to human for us to forgive him his wickedness of killing humanity. What do you think?

the guy is confused and trying to defend the Bible. on the other hand God has never hid is intention to destroy anyone that don't recognize or obey him. hence he drove the inhabitants out of the land. the earth is his own and he give it to whoever he is pleased with
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by yinks0067: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

And you think I can't explain the use of charm psychologically? Charms work on the victims because of fear. It is the belief In a charm that makes it work, not the charm in itself. Assuming ur uncle was alive when the white colonized us, I guess he would have used that charm to stop them all cheesy
What do u think?
The church is an instituition and my faith is eternal
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

the guy is confused and trying to defend the Bible. on the other hand God has never hid is intention to destroy anyone that don't recognize or obey him. hence he drove the inhabitants out of the land. the earth is his own and he give it to whoever he is pleased with

LOL... Well... Maybe yahweh was so important back then Sha... But as we speak, he is currently in a spiritual prison and that's where he will be for a thousand years until my country has developed mentally, scientifically and physically.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:
Of all people on earth, you are trying to scam a brain user? No, no, no, it can't work. I don't give sacrificial stuff to anyone. The ones I gave to yahweh as tithe is enough. Never again!!! Atum my god, the brother of yahweh have told me not to give anything to anyone as sacrifice. Rather, I should use my brain.

If you can't let me shoot your uncle two gun bullets free of charge, then let's forget it.

hahahaha, of a truth bullets don't penetrate my uncle we witness that so many times. you know the laws of the spirits is different from ours.
sacrifice means commitment is like putting your signature as a man
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

hahahaha, of a truth bullets don't penetrate my uncle we witness that so many times. you know the laws of the spirits is different from ours.
sacrifice means commitment is like putting your signature as a man

I am not someone that can be scammed. I have evolved mentally okay? So u mean the gods eat our sacrifices? No, it's human who feast on them as soon as we are gone. Pls two gunshot against your uncle is what I need. Forget about the sacrifice aspect. I don't give people things because I want to prove them either right or wrong. I only give to the needy.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

LOL... Well... Maybe yahweh was so important back then Sha... But as we speak, he is currently in a spiritual prison and that's where he will be for a thousand years until my country has developed mentally, scientifically and physically.

God never prevented anyone for developing mentally, scientifically and physically. take America for example they believe in God and put it as there slogan " in God we trust" they are among the most developed in the world
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

God never prevented anyone for developing mentally, scientifically and physically. take America for example they believe in God and put it as there slogan " in God we trust" they are among the most developed in the world
It is not because you believe in a god that makes you a great nation. Take Nigeria and India for example, they believe in Yahweh and Vishnu respectively, but they are among the poorest countries in the world. The use of the brain is what makes a nation great and we'll developed. I quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH:

DOCTUFOS: Bongo 14:9-13

9. That is the behaviour of knowledge, for as the number of the finder of knowledge doubled upon the earth, so shall the amount of knowledge double in the same size. 10. And if the homos of a kingdom sets itself apart to seek knowledge, then the knowledge in the kingdom shall increase according to the same proportion. 11. Then shall the greatness of a kingdom be determined by the number of knowledgable people in them. For a kingdom which has twenty homos full of knowledge out of a thousand homos of the land is greater than another which has about two people full of knowledge out of ten thousand homos of the land. 12. For a kingdom is not great because of the number of homos in it, but by the number of wise homos in it. 13. Now you homos of Bantoo, increase your knowledge by checking all things critically. Play with the stones in the matter of countings and medicine. For a stone is natural, so it has natural cure with it also.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

It is not because you believe in a god that makes you a great nation. Take Nigeria and India for example, they believe in Yahweh and Vishnu respectively, but they are among the poorest countries in the world. The use of the brain is what makes a nation great and we'll developed. I quote from the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH:

I only quoted your last post that seems as if God is preventing the growth of a nation
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
yinks0067:

My issue with nigerians and religion is tht....who created the bad roads is it not a fellow nigerian tht goes to church or mosque tht build the death trapped road..we have all turn ourselves to slave because of religion...Do you think you survived because u were a xtian or because you pay your tight? Logical reasoning bro..you survived because you were not meant to die on that road ....

Oga I talked about GOD, It could be any denomination. There is a God bro, believe it or not.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

I am not someone that can be scammed. I have evolved mentally okay? So u mean the gods eat our sacrifices? No, it's human who feast on them as soon as we are gone. Pls two gunshot against your uncle is what I need. Forget about the sacrifice aspect. I don't give people things because I want to prove them either right or wrong. I only give to the needy.

OK, just do research on the topic since you are scientific in nature
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

I only quoted your last post that seems as if God is preventing the growth of a nation

No, God the Universe doesn't interfere in the things we do. But the gods like yahweh, Allah, mazda, etc are the problems of the world. If you worship them and forget the use of your brain to think, then you go dull and foo*lish. If you use your brain without worshipping them, you are the best.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by foxe(m): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
Now you know why the majority of the populace will not have access to certain information in their life-time. It is not on the public internet. I am sure when you delve into those areas, you will never be the same again and you will see yourself dancing naked with happiness and people around will wonder what makes you so calm when there is turnado.

Na we know the way.

Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by Mckayzee(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
xerxes456:
everything you just talked about has nothing to do with Christianity... this is pure Judaism... it's two world separated by the Lifetime, Death, Resurrection and ascension of Christ...

what about when Ananahias and Saphira were swallowed into the ground in the new testament for lying to peter about their own property (land) and said they've sold it?

what do you say about that? The church was already in operation then hence why they were Christians already.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

No, God the Universe doesn't interfere in the things we do. But the gods like yahweh, Allah, mazda, etc are the problems of the world. If you worship them and forget the use of your brain to think, then you go dull and foo*lish. If you use your brain without worshipping them, you are the best.

God the universe? why does he not interfere, what is his motive for creation?
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mckayzee:

what about when Ananahias and Saphira were swallowed into the ground in the new testament for lying to peter about their own property (land) and said they've sold it?

what do you say about that? The church was already in operation then hence why they were Christians already.

no one contends with God always remember that. God had never hid his intention to destroy all disobedient soul
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
walls01:

God the universe? why does he not interfere, what is his motive for creation?

if I tell you that I already know all the motives of God the Universe for creating everything, then I am a liar and the creator myself. But I can only tell you that I am just a bodypart of God the Universe and I play only my own role. To tell you the motive of GOD will take 4ever because I have to tell you about all plants, animals, seas, rivers, birds, soils, rivers, minerals, the sky, the rain, life, oceans, the gods, humans, revelations, languages, sound and all things inside and outside the dictionary, because everything that exists is a body part of God the Universe. Therefore I don't know the whole motives of God the Universe, but I know the motives of some of his children like Yahweh(to have praises and worship from humans), Allah(to enslave humans and control population growth), Atum(to help human develop themselves through science and civillization).
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by otemanuduno: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mckayzee:

And also wen Yahweh made the body of herod produce worms and die, just because people were praising him. Yahweh is bad, a great sadist, and he deserves to be spritiually locked in the spiritual prison for 1000years just as he is being locked up right now.
Re: Why Are Many Born In Christian Homes Turning Their Back Against The Gospel? by walls01: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
otemanuduno:

if I tell you that I already know all the motives of God the Universe for creating everything, then I am a liar and the creator myself. But I can only tell you that I am just a bodypart of God the Universe and I play only my own role. To tell you the motive of GOD will take 4ever because I have to tell you about all plants, animals, seas, rivers, birds, soils, rivers, minerals, the sky, the rain, life, oceans, the gods, humans, revelations, languages, sound and all things inside and outside the dictionary, because everything that exists is a body part of God the Universe. Therefore I don't know the whole motives of God the Universe, but I know the motives of some of his children like Yahweh(to have praises and worship from humans), Allah(to enslave humans and control population growth), Atum(to help human develop themselves through science and civillization).

how then can God the universe stop according to you his children?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His 51st Birthday (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Gifts Man $1000 To Secure Accommodation In Ghana (Photos) / Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.