Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (48653 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Mjbless16(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
OP. ur info is wrong....... I'M PROUD TO BE A JW..........

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
Apostates OP shame on u, cos u were disfellowshiped as a jw because of ur wrong doing instead of u to repent u are blackmailing Jw, better retrace ur step else it will be too late.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by chocodaviva(f): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=joe4real12 post=55413857]
They are Christians, they preach more than any other church that I wonder how their work is financed.[/quote
Its financed by donations from people all over d world...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by chocodaviva(f): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
joe4real12:

They are Christians, they preach more than any other church that I wonder how their work is financed.
It is financed by donations from people like u and I all over d world

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Olamilekan08(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
GoodinPurple:

No... Imagine a normal morning devotion going on, such that some Muslims partake in but you find the JW members gisting on like nothing was going on in their presence...
They don't believe/partake in any Christian gathering(other than theirs) and they would never say Amen to your prayer..THAT IS FACT
That is true. I now get u better.

But that doesn't mean they don't pray rather they don't join other christians in prayer.

That fact is the same with what some have already said here. Their doctrines differs from the so called Christians which is unreconcilable.

Imagine that in such prayers that prayer is said to a 3 in 1 God, with confusion hidden by mystery as to who God is or who Jesus is, and a Jehovah's witness whose God is Jehovah whom the Bible teaches is the only true God would say amen to such prayer. Na I wouldn't do such.

If prayer were to be offer a god which you do not believe in or whose identity is unknown or mystify would u honestly join in saying amen?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
GreyLaw:

You are right jare!

People calling them Christians, do not know what they are saying. Anybody who denies the deity of Christ, is definitely not a Christian.

As for the JW guys, they avoid core gospel songs because those songs reverence Christ as God, which ia against their belief.

we are 100% christians. Get ur facts straight before u try to tarnish Jw. We believe and respect in Jesus more u. Visit Jw.org to find more about us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by onos217(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
iamloyalty:
Apostates OP shame on u, cos u were disfellowshiped as a jw because of ur wrong doing instead of u to repent u are blackmailing Jw, better retrace ur step else it will be too late.
Needless name-calling. He only stated obvious. Though his assertion based on generality is faulty, yet, a quite a number of JW members does what he(op) related .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by THUNDER4real(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
bizie:
I am a JW and the op is right. We play secular songs but not all. The ones with debasing lyrics or immoral contents are not allowed. But not all songs are bad. Not all secular songs have bad and immoral lyrics. I play lots of Adele, Brymo, 2face and others. Am very selective.

But I don't play any single so called Christian music cos I've found that most of them have misleading lines. How can you start a song by praising God and then next line you r worshiping Jesus. For example a church here in sango was singing a song. It said.... Adonai I worship you, son of God you r so good. Now how can I sing that. They make it look like Jesus and God are equal. Jehovah is Adonai and Jesus is his son. Two different persons with a long lasting relationship. Well that's for another day.

So bottom line is that church songs carry doctrines not found in the Bible. Like trinity, helfire , everyone going to heaven and the likes. They aren't in the Bible. So I can't sing what's not true.

I hope yall got it.
Does your doctrine believe in hell fire?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
AustineCJ:
OP is right.... my oga at the barbing saloon where I work is JW. he can play and dance to all kind of tekno or p. square.... but ones my phone Start playing gospel he rush to either reduce the volume n ask me to remove the song. there was a day we had issues due to bank alert remix the gospel version.

we enjoy music but we dont listen to songs that go against the bible teaching gospel or not. Kindly talk to ur boss or U can visit www.jw.org to find out more.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by azaino: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
rottennaija:

Do you play Godwin?
That one small nah, my neighbour's beautiful newly married wife plays anything naija like; Olamide, phyno fino, davido, don jazzy and all his children, tecno, p square (especially bank alert, in fact that one go make am mad one day, na so dey talk oo, Ice prince zamani (.....orobo get body, orobo no sabi to shake body...etc), flavour, chidimma. in fact she loves everything, and the husband has started blasting bank alert like his beautiful wife. But they detest gospel music.

As for the reason they gave for avoiding gospel lyrics. my co-tenant was a member, but the guy don pot over, when I asked him about the Jws, he just called them CULT. But I didn't get the opportunity to hear his reason cos a visitor interrupted our peaceful discussion. maybe I will ask him tomorrow. And that guy no be floor member when he was a JW. He told me that when you read the bible with open mind, without being guided by anyone on where to read and how to interpret, the holy spirit will open your eyes to so many things. Other JWs that don't know that the man was a member will go to him for bible discussion, but they leave the moment the man starts showing them things.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2017
onos217:
Needless name-calling. He only stated obvious. Though his assertion based on generality is faulty, yet, a quite a number of JW members does what he(op) related .

It is no name calling he is an apostate if u know what it means and his information is malicious.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by azaino: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
iamloyalty:

It is no name calling he is an apostate if u know what it means and his information is malicious.

apostate?? I see, Muslims also have something like that, you are treated like an outcast when you leave them, or can be killed too
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by efygirl: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
4 Those dt doubt,pls it's true I had a frnd and she told me gospel music is a total NO for them but secular mu is accepted,she secretly got a song from me by Handel Messiah title Hallelujah Chorus ,and wen I got her she saif she is scared dt their fellow JW ppl won't c,so it's true

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by profbabatunde: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRcaw3XnAc][/url] ---Eden View Estate Ibeju Lekki +2348163154120 (Call/WhatsApp for inspection)
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by asamaigho(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
industrious:
error of hasty generalization. undecided

there is a lot of truth in what the op is saying...back then in school all my he friends where rock lovers, as in heavy metal rock. right now in my place of work the few jweez that I know hate gospel songs, but the know all of tubaba songs wizkid and eta'l

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by asamaigho(m): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
OP and lies..I know JW who don't even like secular music
study well....u will agree with d op

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by jmichael259(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
Braden2:
I was born and raised baptist but I don't even care about organized religion .
Most young people and people in general have no choice than to follow their parent's religion. People will always be people regardless of any restrictions . You want to do what your peers are doing and not miss out. It's unnatural to restrict yourself from experiencing and learning . You want to enjoy yourself ,and Gospel music just doesn't cut it . If ever you want to be religious ,you would rather do the one you are familiar with. that's all i can tell you.

1)Op is generalizing!

2)Not everybody carrying bag around is true Jw in character!

3)Factor in peer pressure and radio music.

4)Everybody must not be strictly conservative to be a true believer.

5)If someone does not sing your own church's songs does it mean they dont have or use worship songs?

6)Does the Op think all music (like mj-heal the world, adele-hello, 2face-nfana ibaga, mungo park, oluwa ni e.t.c.) are offensive just because they dont contain "halleluya" or "praise the lord"?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Angel1696: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
I have been observing this for some time now and that's y I left my girlfriend.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
azaino:

apostate?? I see, Muslims also have something like that, you are treated like an outcast when you leave them, or can be killed too

u are wrong. Someone who refused to live by the standard of the bible and refuses to repent and goes abt blackmailing other Jw. We dont KILL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by paulpery: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is misinformation and misrepresentation . Suffering from obsesive compulsive disorder about jws

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Angel1696:
I have been observing this for some time now and that's y I left my girlfriend.
Nack me better story.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Dunsin89(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
gozzlin:

Abeg, are you the one in blue in your profile?
. No, am the one in black. Why do you ask pls?
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by chubbyswit(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
iamloyalty:
why would jw disfellowship a member that starts to question their belief? Is it not wickedness? Even some families go to the extent of disowning their own because of this, you guys are just too weird.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by brojoshua: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
Surely the world would love its own.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by brojoshua: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
Surely the world would love its own
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by hardbody: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2017
smiliyB:
pls leave all those people,they can be confuse for Africa....they won't read other ppl's book but want us to read their own...smh for them

Tiny brain. Everyone thinks the assertion is wrong, blind hate won't kill you. Pepeye.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by onos217(m): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2017
JW? I don't grant them audience whenever they come telling their gospel to me because it does not tally with my own gospel and believe.So it's no use giving them a listening ear .
It will all end in debating the scripture which the Bible frowns against.

Meanwhile, there's this elderly man who is a member.I granted him audience because of his age. It won't look good if I turn him down. So we exchange pleasantries,he introduced himself and got to know a bit of me. We had bit of discussion,and he finally handed me one of these their journal to read.I receprocrated the gesture with an appreciation (thank you) .

Thinking it will all end there, but this man will not let me be.He comes around most time on Saturdays.Often than not, , I will have to give one excuse or the other to free myself from him. But this is becoming one too many,and my patience is fast running out.One of these day I plan to let him know I have no interest in whatever he wants to relate to me in regards to the gospel he goes about preaching , and that it's been a while I had peace on weekends.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Sarang(f): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
GoodinPurple:
Exactly, this has got me wondering.. I have some JW friends and this is what I discovered about them
1)They love football (it is normal)
2)They only read their version of the Bible called "Holy Scripture"
3) They don't pray
4) They don't play or listen to gospel music
Note: These are what I have observed about a lot of them...

They don't pray?

You follow them around or even been to their kingdom hall to know they don't pray?

Assertions will kill us someday.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Sarang(f): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
rectitude:
Am so surprised that many people here do not know or have not noticed what the OP is stressing... Its true, I've got JW friends both young and elderly prefer secular songs to gospel... They love blues and Country music too.

I like R n B, and blues. Because am a Jehovah's witnesses, do I have to explain to the whole world why I like my own kind of music?
Ayam not understanding dis.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Sarang(f): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
SoccerPredictor:

very true.. i have lived among them.. they love secular music die

So long a song's lyrics is meaningful and I like the beats, what stop's me from listening to it?

Do people think Jws are spirits or what!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Sarang(f): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Do you know about their escapeed in alchol? JW are simply the best.

Alchohol is a personal preference so long it is taken moderately. I for one, do not take alchohol but like I said it's personal preference. Good wine makes the heart glad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's Claim Of Being Dangerously Wealthy / Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce / Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.