Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (48608 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Ogalanyachieze: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is just another thread targeted at discouraging christians to go to church pls mods stop all this now. The gates of hell shall never prevail

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by BabaCommander: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
saccie1162:
I have never noticed this.. So u mean u want to lie for us because this is nairaland.com ba
I think OP should have used folk or country music. By secular, he did not mean Davido, Tiwa gabbage and other imoral giberish trash from playboys and oloshos

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by pdpchangeapc(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is a very wrong assertion and what has all these pictures got to do with JW. You just want to tarnish their images, abi?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by masseratti: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
I thiml there is a new mod on nairaland with low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Gerrard59(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Secular how? Most Nigerians listen to secular songs except probably the extremists in Christianity (we know them). If you meant songs played in church, there aren't secular.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by RangeSports: 4:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
wonders shall never end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Primebuilders(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
I am a JW. My criteria for music selection is this: I avoid musics that promote immorality,spiritism, materialism, idolatry, drunkenness and go against Bible teachings. I enjoy music

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Trustworthiness: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
I don't think that is true. But, music is music. There is no religious nor secular music. All are instruments of satan used to lure people to hell fire.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by AustineCJ: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
OP is right.... my oga at the barbing saloon where I work is JW. he can play and dance to all kind of tekno or p. square.... but ones my phone Start playing gospel he rush to either reduce the volume n ask me to remove the song. there was a day we had issues due to bank alert remix the gospel version.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by soshi(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
Dgunnerz:
Never seen a JW playing secular song..
Is the OP correct?
very..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Sanmight85(m): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
I am a JW. After your criticism, how do you think that affect our worship of Jehovah? You can't stand the way of Jehovah's witnesses. They are led by God's holy spirit. All over the world, we are to be no part of the world. So don't expect us to do things like you. Jesus made this clear concerning his true disciples. Then they will know that our backer is Jehovah God himself.

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by odehaj: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Op may be right. My friend who's a witness played Dbanj music throughout his wedding reception and i kept wondering...
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Orpe7(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Secular music am not sure
However if na to fuxk dem gehs sabi wella
Na food for dem grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by 1Dray(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
kepal99:
www.jwworldwide.org
It's www.jw.org
PS. I'm not a JW but I know they did port to that domain name.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by smiliyB(f): 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
pls leave all those people,they can be confuse for Africa....they won't read other ppl's book but want us to read their own...smh for them

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Gentlevin: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
where is dat op? wetin kwancern u wit d music. Abi recession don turn ur brain upside down ba? Kwantinue ok @op.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by SAMBHOSS(m): 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
Daamazing......your stuv
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by joe4real12: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
BabaCommander:
It's because they are not Christians.
They are Christians, they preach more than any other church that I wonder how their work is financed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by abels(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
JEHOVAH WITNESS IS A GLORIFIED CULT

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Gentlevin: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
kepal99:
www.jwworldwide.org
Come oo bros. You dey make money for dis website wey u just drop? U no sabi say jw website na jw.org. Chai e be like sey u don take 2 shots 2day oooo. All of u kwantinu ok. am watchin u in 3d...
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Drhauwal(f): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
Some JW's do listen to secular songs while some do not. it is a matter of personal preference. we listen to our own "gospel" songs and do not listen to other churches gospel songs because the contents of those songs do contains doctrines that we Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in such as Christmas, trinity, hellfire, immortality of the soul, birthday, calling Jesus God among others.
Even a Christian Jehovah witness who listen to secular songs also have to be selective as some songs may encourage or "hype" immorality, violence or spiritism. take for example I deleted a song by olamide ft lil Kesh ft phyno on my phone some couple of years back. the "ladi" song.
for more about JW check www.jw.org buh OP those pictures at the fore of this post shows how degraded your brains are. don't try tanish the image of Jehovah's witnesses, try and be reasonable unless you wanna incure God's wrath! Peace!

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by BabaCommander: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
joe4real12:

They are Christians, they preach more than any other church that I wonder how their work is financed.
They have denied the Faith. Every organisation has many means to finance its activities.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Uteghe(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
It is blasphemy to call followers of CT Russell Jehovah's Witness. It's the height of folly. The Watchtower Society is a cult founded by a Rosicrucian and self acclaimed numerologist.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Gentlevin: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
abels:
JEHOVAH WITNESS IS A GLORIFIED CULT
Chai "glorified cult"? abeg wetin be d name of d cult i wan join am? SO U @ABEL, NO BE U WEY CAIN KILL? SO U RESURRECT ABI?. hmmmm u are a suspect...
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
The ones I know will play RnB, Blues and Afro hiphop but not gospel. I will ask them tomorrow to know their reason.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by BentSpoon(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Op now let's get fact straight am a jw and I knw u knw that I knw u knw u are lieing. But continue at ur own perile. We rep. Gods organization. To learn more about our Christian life kindly visit www.jw.org with ur browser. Thanks. And I think this link will help u more https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by BabaCommander: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
Drhauwal:
Some JW's do listen to secular songs while some do not. it is a matter of personal preference. we listen to our own "gospel" songs and do not listen to other churches gospel songs because the contents of those songs do contains doctrines that we Jehovah's witnesses don't believe in such as Christmas, trinity, hellfire, immortality of the soul, birthday, calling Jesus God among others.
Even a Christian Jehovah witness who listen to secular songs also have to be selective as some songs may encourage or "hype" immorality, violence or spiritism. take for example I deleted a song by olamide ft lil Kesh ft phyno on my phone some couple of years back. the "ladi" song.
for more about JW check www.jw.org buh OP those pictures at the fore of this post shows how degraded your brains are. don't try tanish the image of Jehovah's witnesses, try and be reasonable unless you wanna incure God's wrath! Peace!
JW also makes threats? Haha!
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by Eddiecute86(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
OP and lies..I know JW who don't even like secular music

And i know a hard core Jw who plays peter touch and bob marley every every saturday. As a matter of fact he will increase the volume to the max.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by joe4real12: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Have mercy on OP pleassssssse

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by GoodinPurple: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
Exactly, this has got me wondering.. I have some JW friends and this is what I discovered about them
1)They love football (it is normal)
2)They only read their version of the Bible called "Holy Scripture"
3) They don't pray
4) They don't play or listen to gospel music
Note: These are what I have observed about a lot of them...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by joe4real12: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
BabaCommander:
They have denied the Faith. Every organisation has many means to finance its activities.
Am not sure you know them.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? by rectitude(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Am so surprised that many people here do not know or have not noticed what the OP is stressing... Its true, I've got JW friends both young and elderly prefer secular songs to gospel... They love blues and Country music too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Priestess Ogbanje Repents, Renounces Her Juju In Enugu (Photos) / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention / Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.