Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam (31273 Views)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. / Covenant University's School Fees For 100 Level Students; 2016/2017 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by micflo28(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Had this problem while in school till I switched to a course I was able to study and regurgitate when I need to. Though not an easy course, today I am a graduate and done with nysc this month.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by b3llo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
stamapro:
corect guy,u too don spot d lie otman d lie abi
no mind d small boy. When he enters the system he will understand what the op is saying. Come to think of it, FUTMINNA is purely a science and technology school with a few management courses there.

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by TWoods(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
difficult asin u can't bribe anybody in that school, talkless of bribing to get admission? even people wey score 270 were not given admission, yeye guy

Shouldn't we be celebrating that you cannot cheat or bribe in a school?

The problem is that you don't have a defined study pattern targeted to your weakness. If you put off study till a week or two to exams, you won't do well... what worked best for me is spacing my study. Every day, take 2-4 hours to go through the principles discussed in class for that day, challenge yourself with questions on the subject, spend less time reading your class notes, instead read text books to understand the topic, then simply read your notes as a summary. I typically do not copy notes in class, I rather make my own notes of what I thought were the key highlights or concepts I did not understand so I can read up later.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by tosyne2much(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
BABANGBALI:
It's meant for you to sit up. It's not too late, you can still come out with a good grade. Spend less time on social media/girls and more time on your studies. I boned fabfunmi rokiatu aminat508 vickyrotex mukina2 ajepako and other babes when I was in the campus. Today I'm glad I did because I came out with a 1st class upper.
Hahahahaha nawa 4u ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Originalsly: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
OP... from this your writing and grammar skills display I wonder how you enter university. I really think you're not ready for any serious university...skip this year.. stop your parents from bleeding their hard earned money....improve yourself by googling comprehension and grammar exercises then hopefully by next year whatever you read will stick in your brain.Most of all.... clear your head of all the short cut methods to graduate.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by KnightB(m): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
That old woman living at the back of your house grin
But on a more serious note, relax, don't take it too hard on yourself. You need stay positive about the school and the whole system, put in your best, and take the rest to God. You probably need Him more than ever before. That's if you believe in Him.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by bhankymyk(m): 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
Have a different mindset, it nt by reading for hrs Wen u can't assimilate again ave a some rest,
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Lovelytee(m): 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
othman11:
I know alot about university even though am still in secondary school, My brother graduated 3 years ago from FUTMINNA With 2.1 ( A very dull guy) and he studied political science....So we normally gist about University Life and he told me pol sci is one of the easiest cost u can read .
Am very sure, your brother bribed lecturers to graduate with 2,1 for pol sci

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by FitnessDoctor: 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down

One thing I always tell Freshers it to go for orientation (I don't mean orientation from the school, but I mean go and meet the 200 level students and ask them whatsup)....

It is not all about reading and reading.. because lecturers like to play with your heads and see how intelligent you are..

I am sure you have a Department counselor or Course adviser... he can help you a lot
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by bamog(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
mtcheew

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by mistywole: 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
othman11:
I know alot about university even though am still in secondary school, My brother graduated 3 years ago from FUTMINNA With 2.1 ( A very dull guy) and he studied political science....So we normally gist about University Life and he told me pol sci is one of the easiest cost u can read .

person go federal university of tech go study pol science. am nt getting it right sir

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by karma2000: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
try cele church k&s white garment or tb joshua bfor u get kicked out of school
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Harwoyeez(m): 11:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
The best is to smoke some shit when u wanna read cheesy grin as u don try ya best......

But on a serious note, u need to discover yourself and know what suits u most esp your reading techniques some people read well at night n some during d day. Have a plan n follow through and it happens like that to most students during their first semesters exam due to the fact that u are just coming to a new environment which will require u to adjust from d baby mentality/ spoonfeeding u are used to in secondary school. So relax know what's best for u n pray

If all doesn't work... Bra, smoke up d ganja grin
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Flawlessangel(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2017
You remind me of this dude I used to know. Very intelligent and answers all questions in class. But when exam comes he sleeps during the entire exam and fails

Everyone suspected there was a spell on him.. Poor boy
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Judolisco(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
Hi, guys i really can't explain were the problem came from, i read my ass out, i even did midnight reading buh in the exam hall i always forgot what i read, am doing 11 courses and am not even sure of passing more than 2 courses, the first day i stepped my leg into the school gate, i didn't like the school, a new federal university in one village like that, the school have a low tolerance of exam malpractise, u can't even sort any lecturer, i heard the school doesn't tolerate low cgpa and am afraid of being expelled because of low cgpa, i did very poorly in the exam, the school spaced everybody doing the exam period, i planned to find out from a jujuman what is wrong with me, i need help, my parents spent a lot of money on me i can't afford to let them down
bro u r scared of failure read ur book wit the mentality of I can't fail drop all activities that do not add value to your life jujuman won't solve anything it's ur mentality deal with it it's your thought and imagination to be great then work towards it don't give up till ur last paper take every course seriously.... That's how I got out I hope you give it a try above all pray and seek God
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by brightgreat(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2017
Ahahahahah chai

Conner44:

did you fail GST101 too?

I bet you did
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Qriousity(m): 12:29am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
pol sci
you school in taraba
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ajepako(f): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2017
BABANGBALI:
It's meant for you to sit up. It's not too late, you can still come out with a good grade. Spend less time on social media/girls and more time on your studies. I boned fabfunmi rokiatu aminat508 vickyrotex mukina2 ajepako and other babes when I was in the campus. Today I'm glad I did because I came out with a 1st class upper.

You mean First Class upper-cut, Shebi ?

: tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by darealez(m): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

What department are you? What was your motivation?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by TalkingBird: 12:50am On Apr 11, 2017
You can make a first class.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

You must be a student of my school, great FUNAI.

You guys didnt listen. maybe it the way you guys (year one students) came in.

I tried telling the ones that came near me, read, read, read,

Most importantly go to lectures, the highest department in FUNAI has 90+ students. i.e Economics.

SO it is easy for lecturer to identify students, also read your slide and handout daily, i know no lecturer sales handout or slide in FUNAI.

but your set, wouldn't listen, it bet9ja shop and VEgas that you see them, or in the next birthday party..

My advice to you OP, resume on time next semester, start week 1 lecture with your class, summarise your slide after every class,
during exam you just revise, i have BOT 203 (seedless planta), very voluminous but i dey nairaland. why i don dey read am since.

I just finished summarizing it.

also register here: www.funailand.com, It will be fully functional next semester.

if you are disposed call me, number on signature.

I love FUNAI!
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by encryptjay(m): 1:14am On Apr 11, 2017
I'm sorry but you're not not studying SMART.
From your write up, one would know that the midnight reading doesn't suit you; it's why you are forgetting or your brain appears to find it hard recalling what you read during midnight. Your mindset is also killing you.
Please stop thinking of bribing, sorting lecturers or whatever you call it.
You said they changed the Past questions in the exams; it's meant to be a guide not what you see in an exams.
You have to drop all these secondary school traits and assumptions because I sense you're yet to come to terms with the fact that you're in a college.
Try and find out your time zone, I mean the time you grasp what you read easily.
Sometimes it's not about reading for long hours, there are other conditions that needs to be satisfied; evaluate yourself.
Have a positive mindset.
I implore you to optimistic and be sincere with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by ericmor: 1:35am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:

i was having the same issue when i was in my first year in the university also but what you need to do is to start attending classes and try and know the topics your lecturers takes in class and try and go through it after class. try and ask your course mate to explain any part u don't understand and when it is exam period, try to study ahead and go to tutorial classes organize by some of your colleagues and also make use of past questions. before you read, try and pray for wisdom and understanding and when you get to the exam hall try to make yourself comfortable in anyway and avoid heat in the exam hall and also pray that you should remember everything you have read and try to write down any part you think u can forget at the back of your answer paper before before stating your exam. if you know you cant grab it all, just read the most likely questions (you can get to know that using the past questions) and the ones the lecturers always teach u in class and please make sure you do your assignment yourself. that will really help you bcs i did 11 courses in my yr1 and i had one A and C and the rest was F but my next year i had A's and B's with just 3 C's. and try to change your mind set and always believe you can do it. good luck to u
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by namcyll(m): 1:35am On Apr 11, 2017
othman11:
Your bro graduated from FUTMINNA, and studied poscience. WTF?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by BABANGBALI: 1:42am On Apr 11, 2017
fabfunmi:

first class UPPER bawo?
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by BABANGBALI: 1:45am On Apr 11, 2017
fabfunmi:

first class UPPER bawo?
tongue tongue

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by BABANGBALI: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2017
ajepako:

You mean First Class uppe-cut, Shebi ?

: tongue tongue tongue

Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by vickuzzy(m): 2:09am On Apr 11, 2017
You need a councillor
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by neighy(m): 2:27am On Apr 11, 2017
The big question is.. DO YOU PLAY BET NAIJA
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by salford: 2:34am On Apr 11, 2017
ToriBlue:
Change your mindset, you will still graduate with good grades if you put in more effort, you are just in 100L.
I wish you luck!

I did 11courses till my 300L, and my grades were good, it's not a new thing. Just be serious and preserve.
it depends on school. If you have a couple of Ds and Es in OAU in your first year. It would take the grace of God for you to grad with a 3rd class. lol.
Re: Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam by Apostlevincent(m): 4:16am On Apr 11, 2017
lilzcee:
pol sci
. Political Science, please sit tight....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Four Final Year FUTO Students Design A Campus Surveillance Drone (video) / Unilorin Lecturer Orders 400 Level Students To Raise Hands For Making Noise / Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.