Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) (66290 Views)

EFCC Recovers N65M From Zamfara INEC Office (Photos) / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics / EFCC Recovers N4billion Cash From Ex-Niger State Deputy Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by mario383: 4:26am On Apr 11, 2017
Fmartin:
source
modified: magu the nightmare.. to wailers and their paymasters grin
#whonoknowgoknow..
more sharing opportunity for Buhari's hyjackers.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Fourwinds: 4:28am On Apr 11, 2017
engineerboat:
EFCC will never learn. Won gboran rara at all.

Stop media trial. Stop putting the cart before the horse
does this one look like a media trial.? if dey don't inform u., how will u know d extent to which their work is going

1 Like

Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by mario383: 4:39am On Apr 11, 2017
NextGovernor:
They will not garner enough investigation and evidence now before taking it to the media. Later they will loose in court again..

One thing is to catch a thief.
Another thing is to have concrete evidence that he stole.

Everybody wants this country to be a better place but can't happen the way this government is handling issues.
At most, in another four to five months, those monies will be returned to the owner intact because I trust Buhari's team full of the likes of Magus who are the most useless dullest dumbest Nigerians. Am even now doubting if buhari is rulling this country or he is lying somewhere not knowing what time is it today. What a zoo.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Emmayur(m): 5:05am On Apr 11, 2017
adorablepepple:
undecided see what one person stole, aye ma nika o

Nobody said they stole money at all....
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Bollinger(m): 5:48am On Apr 11, 2017
drake2000x:
I don't understand....is it against the law for BDC to change that kind of money? Then what's the purpose of BDC if they keep arresting people changing money with them? If you don't BDC, a legal financial institution by the way, then abrogate the institution to stop all these nonsense. Personally I think they are responsible for the dollar scarcity...via hoarding

Are you sure you are Nigerian? You are asking sensible questions which are not allowed.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by slap1(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2017
If you believe anyone can leave such amount in such location, then you need a brain surgery.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by back2sender: 7:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Fmartin:
who is google?
Your Fada!!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by back2sender: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2017
Well done EFCC.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by 3Ceagle(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2017
Why is EFCC always in a haste to go public without proper investigation.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by anpipac: 7:19am On Apr 11, 2017
EFCC can only arrest government money and the thief who stole it or stolen money: EFCC can nt arrest my hard earned money. For what?
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by maasoap(m): 7:20am On Apr 11, 2017
macaranta:

That's why I said legitimate, they should investigate properly and be at least 90 per cent sure of a conviction before the whole media charade.
The method followed had made the transaction illegitimate even if the money was made legitimately which I very much doubt. That was a pure money laundering.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Ignyte(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2017
The whistle blower has hammer like efe... N25 mil... if them give am be that
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Fmartin(m): 7:23am On Apr 11, 2017
back2sender:

Your Fada!!!
i dnt talk to kids so mind ur biz i wasnt even talking to u, silly
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by fontpro(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2017
NextGovernor:
They will not garner enough investigation and evidence now before taking it to the media. Later they will loose in court again..

Everybody wants this country to be a better place but can't happen the way this government is handling issues.
Well,no one is accusing anyone of stealing yet is just that the process of handling such cash is wrong, even to the owner of the money
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by WorldRichest: 7:46am On Apr 11, 2017
NextGovernor:

Maybe Magu should just handle it the way Goatluck handled it by giving all the monies recovered to Mama Piss to keep in her gatemen's, cooks', gardeners' and maids' account and give the rest to Asari Dokuboh to build another university in Togo since the one he built in Benin Republic is in trouble or maybe Magu should give the money to Tupac Ayo Orishejafor to buy another private jet for smuggling money.

Based on logistics, judges who have collected bribes from criminals cannot give fair judgement, this is the time for DSS and EFCC to storm the judges houses again.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by dallyemmy: 7:57am On Apr 11, 2017
With cashless policy in place? Haba, I think person has some questions to answer, even if the person is an esusu collector for the nation.
drake2000x:
I don't understand....is it against the law for BDC to change that kind of money? Then what's the purpose of BDC if they keep arresting people changing money with them? If you don't BDC, a legal financial institution by the way, then abrogate the institution to stop all these nonsense. Personally I think they are responsible for the dollar scarcity...via hoarding
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by pat1612(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
drake2000x:
It is not illegal to change money but with that amount of cash it raises suspicion on source of money and use it can be terrorist funding and the guy changing this kind of money what he is using for is he hoarding it
This type of act weakens naira. angry
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Hollawayn05(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2017
macaranta:
Is it a crime to have money? Please if these monies are legitimate and the owners decide to bypass the banking system for whatever reason then this case of seeing huge sums of monies here and there is just plain dead on arrival.

Hello!!!!
Have you heard bout law governing Money laundry?
Do you know in developed countries you can Move chunk of Money as such?
my guy was arrested for walking around with 10k Dollars in the US..
so what are u saying?
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by slim49z(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2017
Rubbish! So, if I have 250 million in my account now, EFCC will come and seize the money? Nonsense!

They should leave individuals alone and focus on political office holders and government officials.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by lexy2014: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2017
NextGovernor:

my brother u got it spot on.is it now a crime 2 keep cash or move cash around?people have always kept large chunks of in d market for as for long as I can remember
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by dallyemmy: 8:06am On Apr 11, 2017
THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT OF TRANSACTION BDC MUST NOT DO WITH CASH. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE USING POS. THE ACTIVITIES OF THE BDC SHOULD BE ONLINE IF THEY ARE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FOREX FROM CBN
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by lexy2014: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2017
dallyemmy:
With cashless policy in place? Haba, I think person has some questions to answer, even if the person is an esusu collector for the nation.
d CBN's cashless policy doesn't confer on efcc d powers to seize people's cash. there's no law in Nigeria that forbids anyone from moving cash in whatever quantity around.u can't enforce d law by breaking d law
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by lexy2014: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2017
Hollawayn05:

Hello!!!!
Have you heard bout law governing Money laundry?
Do you know in developed countries you can Move chunk of Money as such?
my guy was arrested for walking around with 10k Dollars in the US..
so what are u saying?
agreed that's what obtains in advanced economies but here there's no law that incriminates u for being in possession of large amounts of cash. so no law was breached of owners of d cash.even d money laundering u talked about there's no evidence that they are laundering money
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by oyinkinola: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2017
....then the wistle blower bags ₦12,527,933.50k!
bravo!
I rejoice with you!
happy spending!
Oyinkinola.

Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by majamajic(m): 8:34am On Apr 11, 2017
Breau de change means they ve licence to deal on currencies.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by teebell999(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2017
Fmartin:
who is google?
Ask google!
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by teebell999(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2017
mario383:
At most, in another four to five months, those monies will be returned to the owner intact because I trust Buhari's team full of the likes of Magus who are the most useless dullest dumbest Nigerians. Am even now doubting if buhari is rulling this country or he is lying somewhere not knowing what time is it today. What a zoo.

Trash!
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Seun360(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2017
Garrithe1st:
God bless Magu...

No peace for the looters..

grin

And God bless Buhari.
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by dallyemmy: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2017
Then we have to make laws that will set limits of cash we can keep or use in a single transaction.
lexy2014:
d CBN's cashless policy doesn't confer on efcc d powers to seize people's cash. there's no law in Nigeria that forbids anyone from moving cash in whatever quantity around.u can't enforce d law by breaking d law
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by lexy2014: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2017
dallyemmy:
Then we have to make laws that will set limits of cash we can keep or use in a single transaction.
y would we want 2 limit peoples cash holding?what purpose will it serve?
Re: EFCC Recovers N250Million Cash From Balogun Market, Lagos Today (Pics) by Meritocracy: 9:43am On Apr 11, 2017
That money is more than 250M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Beats Buhari In Delta State / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters / Bola Tinubu Refuses Help As He Walks Away From Podium Dancing To Buga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.