Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) (9997 Views)

1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That "Jesus Christ" Was Not Crucified / Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad / Science Confirms The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by rabzy: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
Quote from Abu_safwan
'This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!”.

Am sure you did not read thru the chapter of deut 18. you would have discovered what he said in deut 18:15,

n deut 18:15, moses said
'A prophet from your own midst, from your brothers, like me, is what Jehovah your God will raise up for you—to him YOU people should listen',

15"(A)The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by rabzy: 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
The way scriptures can be twisted to suit a particular reasoning can be very bizarre and sometimes annoying, my advice to my Muslim friends here is that if they can't study the Bible to learn the truth about it, and not just to criticize and prove some points, at least, at the very least they should read thru the entire chapter or some verses out of the chapter they quote from,

Now lets talk about 'fact' number 2.

Fact II: Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God; His messenger who shall not fail nor be discouraged till he has set judgement on earth. Moreover, Isaiah 42:11 connects that awaited messenger with the descendant of Kedar, who was the second son of Ishamael, (Gen. 25:13) the ancestor of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Yes, the chapter talked the beloved messenger of God, but it was not talking about Mohammed, it was talking about Jesus, in fact matthew 12:17-21, states that it was Jesus that the prophesy applies, but am sure you would say that is part of the 'corrupted' part of the Bible, i would leave that aside, so lets just go to the scriptures you quoted,

In the beginning of the chapter, the scriptures was talking about God's beloved Servant, but did you notice the change of thought or the change in the flow of conversation in verse 8, which continues to 12

'I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images. The first things—here they have come, but new things I am telling out. Before they begin to spring up, I cause you people to hear them.

Sing to Jehovah a new song, his praise from the extremity of the earth, you men that are going down to the sea and to that which fills it, you islands and you inhabiting them. Let the wilderness and its cities raise their voice, the settlements that Kedar inhabits. Let the inhabitants of the crag cry out in joy. From the top of the mountains let people cry aloud. Let them attribute to Jehovah glory, and in the islands let them tell forth even his praise'

We can clearly see that God was asserting his Supremacy and his ability to foretell and for-ordain the future, then Isaiah in verse 10 now urges all the people of the earth to praise God, to sing his praise from all parts of the earth, from the islands to the, the High Mountains, from the crags, to the settlements of Kedar (desert settlers, settled Arabs, tents of Arabs), Let them all attribute to God glory, let the islands tell forth his praise,

In what way, in the remotest attachment does this talk about the messenger coming from Kedar, the people of kedar are part of the inhabited earth, and Isaiah is calling on them also to praise Almighty God, just like the people of Islands, mountains, crags, he was not talking about where the messenger would hail from, if that was the case, then any island e.g Victoria Island, lol, any wilderness, any crag people can claim that Messenger is from there, But the thought in those verses was not about his Origin, it was about everybody, from wherever they are to praise the Almighty.

Please this 'fact' 2 is pure hogwash, please lets show more intelligence.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
@rabzy.This pple re sick.They claim d bible is corrupted,yet they quote d part of d same bible that suits them.I av never seen a xtian dat will use quranic qoute to justify d bible,since d quran stole part of d biblical stories.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by illusion2: 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
Abu Zola:

Illusion, my man hw jolly ?
Muslim do not abibe by an inch of your bible, we have our complete book of guidance
My guy ,I dey. How Abuja? Happy weekend my son  grin

muhsin:

You went to the site not to get informed but to have a peep. Simple. Hence you contemptously clicked on here and there and then butted-out. How could one expect you to understand a thing there?
Well I went there for facts . . . alas none existed !

muhsin:

Not only genuine Muslims disbelieve bible and say its corrupt; many, many Christians also consciously and subconsciously assert that bible is interpolated. And am darn sure you know that.
I see you have cleverly replaced ‘corrupted’ with ‘interpolated’ ?

Now unlike the Qu’ran, the source texts of the Bible are available in their original languages –Greek, Hebrew etc  for references, hence people been able to interpret & ‘interpolate’ (whatever that means).

Where are the original texts of the Koran ?? Caliph Usman burnt everything. . . so how do we know he did not remove/add his own words?? Or mistranslate some parts ?

Add to the copies eaten up by animals. . . left under mattresses ,mis-memorised etc.

King James had a similar opportunity in early Christianity, he didn’t destroy the original texts.

Look, the Koran has a lot of enlightenment, but trying to prove that the Koran is a ‘better’ Holy book than the Bible is indeed laughable.

And you are well aware, Muslims hardly encourage people discussing their Holy books critically, unlike Christians who more than welcome thorough analysis of the Bible.

muhsin:

I'll die repeating that bible is not wholly corrupted. And as a God's "words", we Muslims still respect it. You've never, for instance, hear where/when a Muslim mutilate, tore, damage or other uncalled for actions upon the bible as done Christians on the Qur'an.

You won’t die in Jesus name. Again , you’re being clever by half. How can you say it is the ‘word of God’ when you only accept the part that suits you? I am a Christian, I have to accept ALL the Bible not only the parts that suits me. So please either accept it wholly or don’t.

As per mutilating the Koran. . . you must be joking !  shocked shocked
I think you live in Kano & you know the fastest way to get yourself killed is for someone to accuse you of mutilating or ‘disrespecting’ the Koran.
I have copies of the Koran all over my office, anytime I need to take a file or clear my desk & I see a copy of the Koran obstructing me,I  call one of my muslim mates to come pick it up . . . I no dey o !

Nobody in his right senses will ever try such a thing. . . even if we don’t believe what’s in it, the fear of instant extra-judicial death via mob action will clearly dissuade anyone in his right senses, by the way what does one stand to gain from ‘disrespecting ‘ another person’s holy book?

However, what I think Muslims need to learn is that if indeed the Koran is inspired by God. . . the printed material in itself isn’t God’s word. . . God’s word is eternal, so remove emphasis on the printed matter, which will perish one way or another & focus on the words in your heart.

toba:

@rabzy.This pple re sick.They claim d bible is corrupted,yet they quote d part of d same bible that suits them.I av never seen a xtian dat will use quranic qoute to justify d bible,since d quran stole part of d biblical stories.
@toba-They are not sick. They just have a contrary point of view. . . .which is perfectly acceptable. Lets not descend to such lows ,I beg !
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
Illusion.Guy i like u so much
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
toba:

Don't loose the peck of respect I have for you.

Look above and read what a sensible person says in response to what you wrote.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
muhsin:

Don't loose the peck of respect I have for you.

Look above and read what a sensible person says in response to what you wrote.
if u use posts to judge sensibility yardstick,then u guys re d most guilty on sensibility.What of Abuzola,does he make sensible posts? Just yestday he started a thread warning his co deludes.
If i spoke about sickness then i may be correct
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by illusion2: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
^^^ One issue I have with Nigerians (Muslim & christians) is that we are so,so sure of our point of view,that we do not even try to hear out the other side. Thats one of the reasons (sadly) people will aspire to kill someone else in the name of God !

Lets not demonise one another,we are first & foremost human beings with all the aspirations & desires of all human beings. . . religious beliefs may differ,but we remain humans.

So decorum & respect is key. . . . . . . . . .
Matt 5:38-39
38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2010
illusion2:

Well I went there for facts . . . alas none existed !

Don't be that blind to facts, illusion. Put on your glasses.

I see you have cleverly replaced ‘corrupted’ with ‘interpolated’ ?

That was done not to mislead you or any other reader.

Now unlike the Qu’ran, the source texts of the Bible are available in their original languages –Greek, Hebrew etc  for references, hence people been able to interpret & ‘interpolate’ (whatever that means).

So we've been hearing on news, dude. But none is yet presented to people.

BTW, which language was bible originally written with? Why are there numerous versions and editions?

Where are the original texts of the Koran ?? Caliph Usman burnt everything. . . so how do we know he did not remove/add his own words?? Or mistranslate some parts ?

Add to the copies eaten up by animals. . . left under mattresses ,mis-memorised etc.

Can you tell me where you read about that; and finish the story (from any reliable source)? The present Qur'an writing procedures and processes are there available for challenging folks like you to read, which you never do. You simply jump to shaky and groundless conclusion that Qur'an is this and that. Don't let yourself be carried away by illusion.  wink

King James had a similar opportunity in early Christianity, he didn’t destroy the original texts.

When was that? How many years after Jesus's death?

Look, the Koran has a lot of enlightenment, but trying to prove that the Koran is a ‘better’ Holy book than the Bible is indeed laughable.

Is not that; for it has been successfully and convincingly done, and will be done again and again.

You remind of the things I was telling one guy here that Bible suffers a lot. It's sorry to say carelessly composed. Thats why it contains filthy accounts of prophets doing unmentionable things, e.g. sex, incest, drinking, etc.

And you are well aware, Muslims hardly encourage people discussing their Holy books critically, unlike Christians who more than welcome thorough analysis of the Bible.

Muslims? Who among them. . . unenlightened ones, am sure. I can well agree with you if you say unconstructive and thoughtless questions about the Creator/the Book/other precepts things are even severely unwelcome and discouraged.

You won’t die in Jesus name. Again , you’re being clever by half. How can you say it is the ‘word of God’ when you only accept the part that suits you? I am a Christian, I have to accept ALL the Bible not only the parts that suits me. So please either accept it wholly or don’t.

Did you really read my words? I don't modify it. . .read it again.

To help you out: I put the words in commas, which clearly means I don't mean the words to mean the words you are referring.

And I won't inshaAllah die in his name, as I hope you too won't.

As per mutilating the Koran. . . you must be joking !  shocked shocked
I think you live in Kano & you know the fastest way to get yourself killed is for someone to accuse you of mutilating or ‘disrespecting’ the Koran.
I have copies of the Koran all over my office, anytime I need to take a file or clear my desk & I see a copy of the Koran obstructing me,I  call one of my muslim mates to come pick it up . . . I no dey o !

Remember Mr. Gideon Akuluka?

Nobody in his right senses will ever try such a thing. . . even if we don’t believe what’s in it, the fear of instant extra-judicial death via mob action will clearly dissuade anyone in his right senses, by the way what does one stand to gain from ‘disrespecting ‘ another person’s holy book?

But your people passionately do it. And you know am certain. Why?

For a quintessential example: hardly a Muslim on NL talk about Jesus (p.b.u.h) with disrespect. I know some--a few, do but after being tempted beyond bearing. But what of your people talking about Muhammad (p.b.u.h)?

However, what I think Muslims need to learn is that if indeed the Koran is inspired by God. . . the printed material in itself isn’t God’s word. . . God’s word is eternal, so remove emphasis on the printed matter, which will perish one way or another & focus on the words in your heart.

If there is no "printed" stuff there will certainly be no scriptures--Qur'an, Gospels, etc. So this sounds naive of you, illussion.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2010
Mushin u sound naived in ur post.D scriptures are guide&includes part of d word of God,which tells us about things dat happened&dat will happen.Illusion is very correct d word of God is eternal&its more than what d scriptures describes.D bible says God is d word&God honoureth his word more than his name.i.e when u say d word of God,it means God.dis word is more than what d quran/bible described.Illusion is very correct
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
Interesting
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
Abu Zola:

Interesting
Here comes d misguided soul.He joins a topic in d middle of discussion&had no meaningful contribution than 2post 'intresting'. Shame
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by illusion2: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
I can see from all your coments ,this discussion isn’t going anywhere !

muhsin:

You remind of the things I was telling one guy here that Bible suffers a lot. It's sorry to say carelessly composed. Thats why it contains filthy accounts of prophets doing unmentionable things, e.g. intimacy, incest, drinking, etc.

What do you mean ‘carelessly composed’ ? Do you want the Bible to leave out historical facts so as to be ‘politically correct’?

Isn’t it recorded in the Koran that the holy prophet mohammed (pbuh) married a six year old & slept with her at nine?

Does that account excite you? So because something  is ‘filthy’(in your own opinion) ,it should be left out?

Or the fact that people were beheaded in God's name ,slavery was rampant, women given half the rights of men etc?  Historical facts are historical facts, whether a prophet drinks, has intimacy with anyone, if it happened, it should be documented.

muhsin:

Can you tell me where you read about that; and finish the story (from any reliable source)? The present Qur'an writing procedures and processes are there available for challenging folks like you to read, which you never do. You simply jump to shaky and groundless conclusion that Qur'an is this and that. Don't let yourself be carried away by illusion.  wink

I don’t jump to conclusions. . .you are the one not reading.
So many threads exist on Koranic texts on NL & Im sure you know the facts my friend . . . . . .

muhsin:

Remember Mr. Gideon Akuluka?

Remember  Mr Farouk Abdulmuttalab ?  Was he representing your muslim constituency when carrying explosives in his under wear in Dec 2009?

My point : just as you ask people not to judge islam by the alleged actions of individuals . . . apply the same to yourself & christianity.

muhsin:

For a quintessential example: hardly a Muslim on NL talk about Jesus (p.b.u.h) with disrespect. I know some--a few, do but after being tempted beyond bearing. But what of your people talking about Muhammad (p.b.u.h)?

Your quote below refers; just replace Muslims with Christians:
muhsin:

Muslims? Who among them. . . unenlightened ones, am sure.

Finally the Bible says : Do unto others as you would like it to be done unto you !!
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
The semi literate toba, it is 'interesting' and 'intresting', now go and modify ur post. Hahaha
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2010
The semi literate toba, it is 'interesting' and not 'intresting', now go and modify ur post. Hahaha
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2010
Abu Zola:

The semi literate toba, it is 'interesting' and not 'intresting', now go and modify your post. Hahaha
ode i did that to yarb u delibrately.SO IM NOT CHANGING ANYTHING.Ur life is in crises becos u dnt av christ therein
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2010
Oops, sorry dude the lie does not fit the box, you make lot of blunder mr semi literate boy. Anyway hope to see you spew another blunder.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2010
illusion2:

^^^ One issue I have with Nigerians (Muslim & christians) is that we are so,so sure of our point of view,that we do not even try to hear out the other side. Thats one of the reasons (sadly) people will aspire to kill someone else in the name of God !

Lets not demonise one another,we are first & foremost human beings with all the aspirations & desires of all human beings. . . religious beliefs may differ,but we remain humans.

So decorum & respect is key. . . . . . . . . .
Matt 5:38-39

I respect this input. . .
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2010
toba:

Mushin u sound naived in your post.D scriptures are guide&includes part of d word of God,which tells us about things dat happened&dat will happen.Illusion is very correct d word of God is eternal&its more than what d scriptures describes.D bible says God is d word&God honoureth his word more than his name.i.e when u say d word of God,it means God.dis word is more than what d quran/bible described.Illusion is very correct

cheesy
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
illusion2:

I can see from all your coments ,this discussion isn’t going anywhere !

Why?

What do you mean ‘carelessly composed’ ? Do you want the Bible to leave out historical facts so as to be ‘politically correct’?

No! I want the bible to be carefully composed so there would be no faction (i.e. fact+fiction). For example I can't believe a God's prophet had committed incest or drinking, etc.

Isn’t it recorded in the Koran that the holy prophet mohammed (pbuh) married a six year old & slept with her at nine?

I'll give you myself or anything I've if you show me that verse. If you say hadith I can then agree. But that is not reported anywhere in the Qur'an.

Does that account excite you? So because something is ‘filthy’(in your own opinion) ,it should be left out?

Not actually or particularly my opinion; peoples' opinion. Majority. Accounts that say prophet of God had sex is unanimously filthy.

Or the fact that people were beheaded in God's name ,slavery was rampant, women given half the rights of men etc?

Only where bold is contained in the Qur'an. This is one. Tell me where you get others.

Historical facts are historical facts, whether a prophet drinks, has intimacy with anyone, if it happened, it should be documented.

Historical facts? My foot!

How could it happened? God's prophets? A'uzubillah!

I don’t jump to conclusions. . .you are the one not reading.
So many threads exist on Koranic texts on NL & Im sure you know the facts my friend . . . . . .

What facts? The ones you merely refer to as facts? I'll inshaAllah never know them; and you too hope you'll know a better side of them soonest or later.

Remember Mr Farouk Abdulmuttalab ? Was he representing your muslim constituency when carrying explosives in his under wear in Dec 2009?

I know of him. You yourself firstly uttered that I must be kidding as far as mutilating the Qur'an issue is concerned, which impliedly means I was lying. I then proved my earlier assertion.

My point : just as you ask people not to judge islam by the alleged actions of individuals . . . apply the same to yourself & christianity.

This is good. Yet some practices are along the line of your bible.

Your quote below refers; just replace Muslims with Christians:

Finally the Bible says : Do unto others as you would like it to be done unto you !!

This is another good input, illusion. Thanks

May God, the Creator, guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
cry
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
Abu Zola:

cry

Why?
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
Na'am
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
Saw you crying. . .why? shocked
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by ttruth(m): 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
@post :

The bible never said anything about Muhammed. Muhammed was NOT a prophet. You claim that the bible is corrupted but you keep smuggling yourselves into the bible.

Muhammed is not the holy spirit period !!!

Muhammed KO Suicide Bomber NI

Nonsense !!!
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
I see. cheesy
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2010
The guy is mad
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2010
Soft. Cool. Better. Thanks.
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by ttruth(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
Abu Zola:

The guy is mad

You are the one who is mad. Psychotic Islamist grin
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by AbuZola3(m): 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
Cow
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by ttruth(m): 4:32pm On Feb 08, 2010
Abu Zola:

Cow

Donkey. Hausa Cow
Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by muhsin(m): 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2010
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde / Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.