Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair (36376 Views)

No Killer Goes Unpunished, PDP Tells F-SARS Rivers Commander, Akin Fakorede / South-east Top Officers Who May Succeed IGP / FRSC Recalls Rivers Commander For Cutting Officers’ Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Jarus(m): 9:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Victory for social media.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Drsheddy(m): 9:46am On Apr 11, 2017
K
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by pokipoki: 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
In hope the people involved will be dismissed. In as much as the officer wants disciple in his unit, he has no right to cut the lady's hair. He would have either sent her home to redo her hair or sent her on suspension.
People should never take the laws unto themselves!!!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by AlphaStyles(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
haba
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Zeusd3(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
Lawlessness is when you do what you like and think because it is good it is right.... Before they got the job the swore an oath of office that mandates them to look professional when on their uniforms.... This is a paramilitary and it is stated in there hand book.... I know people will say it is wrong because they ain't in the FRSC or because they saw this pictures... But I can tell you all that this happens in all military and paramilitary esp the police.... If this people are suspended it is the same people that will cry out that it is because of common hair..... Lawless Nigerians....lolx

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2017
modelsms:
People shouldn't underrate the power of social media. This issue wouldn't have raised dust if it was done in private.

Btw, don't they have rules regarding hairstyles in FRSC? I guess that hair cutting wasn't bad in itself just that it went viral.

Check my signature below pls
It was bad and it was criminal, in short an assault.

That's how people trigger unnecessary crises.
Is he a trained barber?
So if the rules say women should l not wear trousers then he should restrain her and remove the trousers.?The only power he has is to send her home.He has absolutely no power to touch any part of her body.
Imagine how many people might have been killed if he did something like this in Zamfara.
All he needed to do was to ask her to go home.There are certain boundaries between men and women in every civilised society.
Even for a school child no teacher has such power how much more an adult? This is shocking .
The law says wear seat belt does it give FRSC POWER to belt you up forcefully?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Qmerit(m): 9:48am On Apr 11, 2017
seguno2:
I hope that the ASSAULTED woman gets a sharp lawyer to make FRSC pay heavy damages to serve as a deterrent for other uniformed THUGS.
#EnoughisEnough!!!

What if the doctrine of the organisation is against the long hair... no sentiment or emotion if you know what the rules says why doing it... That commander won't just do such with some certain rules.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by modelsms(m): 9:48am On Apr 11, 2017
seguno2:
I hope that the ASSAULTED woman gets a sharp lawyer to make FRSC pay heavy damages to serve as a deterrent for other uniformed THUGS.
#EnoughisEnough!!!
How is that an assault? Well he ought to have given her a query, suspension or other disciplinary measures without touching her.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by stagger: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2017
Barbarism of the highest order. If my wife was involved and had her hair cut, believe me I will have the man's pubic hair shaved with a broken bottle by my boys and put on YouTube.

What nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by onadana: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2017
coolThough I think there are other ways these issues should have being resolved. In their code of conduct is long hair permissible. Can they carry out their statutory function with it?These are the salient questions.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by OfficialAwol(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2017
The hood simply does not make the monk.

That all female FRSC wear low cut hair would not presuppose effectiveness.

Kumapayi is simply a deranged Mumu yeye

5 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2017
modelsms:

How is that an assault? Well he ought to have given her a query, suspension or other disciplinary measures without touching her.
If you TOUCH a person without their consent it is assault.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2017
what happened to query or suspension? , he had to cut her hair?, incase people don't know, subjecting a woman to publicly cutting her hair was part of stripping her of her dignity in some cultures, not to talk of someone's wife

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 11, 2017
Do or do they not have punitive measures for non-compliance? Does it include cutting their hair?undecided

joseph1832:
Are the allowed to carry braids? That is suppose to be the question asked, rather than this media circus going on..

4 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2017
Qmerit:

What if the doctrine of the organisation is against the long hair... no sentiment or emotion if you know what the rules says why doing it... That commander won't just do such with some certain rules.
The law says wear seat belt does that give him power to forcefully belt people in their car. If a woman wears hi jab and it is not permitted what is the next thing?remove it by force? Common sense is indeed not common
There is no rationality to what he did. Worst case scenario was to sack or suspend her on the spot and ask her to go home.
What we have here is a case of assault and criminal damage not to mention the other civil torts. Even the army would not do this. You don't enforce law by taking it into your own hands

7 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Kassidy90(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2017
exlinkleads:

he may have been wrong for cutting their hair but how can you say the hair is woman dignity?

1 Corinthians 11:15
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by basit322(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2017
BigBrother9ja:
The man is an idîot

How can he be cutting someone's wife's hair?

Arrant nonsense!

HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR 3 MONTHS.
Without pay
even if long is against d law there will be punish for which will not definitely be a boss cutting d females hair
Give pple small authority and they act like God

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Apina(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Nigerians are highly hypocritical. If this woman was suspended or even retrenched for having broken protocol, the narrative from those shouting abuse would be, just because of common hair. If she didn't want to be treated like a kid or embarrassed, why did she not do what's expected? Most Nigerians lack maturity, discipline and respect for existing orders and protocols, that's why anything goes has become the national mantra. She simply got what she asked for, cos if she wasn't wearing braids like someone going for owambe which she very well knows is inappropriate and against the dress code for an officer then we wouldn't be talking about it being cut off in the first place.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 11, 2017
its this kind of stupid control freak old man that would want his wife to kneel down before serving him food. he went out of line cutting their hair. when did the hair that affecting the performance of women in the corps
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by vascey(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2017
A big FOOL that's what that man is. Somebody should please sue his ass.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by joe4real12: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2017
Polyphony:
eiyaa.
you just cut the hair of Samsonielle. all she gotta do now is chew gum and collect bribe.
BringBackHerHair.
Lol
#bringbackherhair
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Qmerit(m): 10:03am On Apr 11, 2017
aribisala0:

The law says wear seat belt does that give him power to forcefully belt people in their car. If a woman wears hi jab and it is not permitted what is the next thing?remove it by force? Common sense is indeed not common

We don't need to insult ourselves over this pls. I am not saying he was right by doing the cutting as a man against women, but why would fix it to work in the first place? Belt issue is not working here cause even if you forget to fasten your belt before driving once you sight them you do so without noise.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Elnida: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2017
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Temidayo9(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2017
exlinkleads:

he may have been wrong for cutting their hair but how can you say the hair is woman dignity?
Please help ask? If na so Indians women will have all the dignity in the world
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2017
Qmerit:

We don't need to insult ourselves over this pls. I am not saying he was right by doing the cutting as a man against women, but why would fix it to work in the first place? Belt issue is not working here cause even if you forget to fasten your belt before driving once you sight them you do so without noise.
Which one is insult? I was talking about what he did and you are talking about insult ,what is your problem?
Guy Abeg!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by BiggyBamBam: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2017
Nigerian men heading any office likes to show "power" and are very barbaric.
These ladies could be married after all.
This is an abuse of their right to dignity.
Femi Falana or Fetus Keyamo should deal with the FRSC!

NOTE: 1Corinthians 11:15(NIV) "but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering."

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2017
joe4real12:
Lol #bringbackherhair
Yass!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Qmerit(m): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2017
aribisala0:

Which one is insult? I was talking about what he did and you are talking about insult ,what is your problem?
Guy Abeg!

Okay.. I mean generally not just you and when you say common sense stuff.... but your body too de hot haba lols calm down.
Is like thay FRSC guy as booked you b4 hehehehe just joking.. laugh it out guy
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by texazzpete(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2017
mccoy47:
That's just silly.
If the FRSC rules forbids long hair on women, then by all means cut the hair and leave sentiments aside!

No. Ask them to cut their hair or punish them. Absolutely no right to lay hands on part of their body.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2017
Qmerit:

Okay.. I mean generally not just you and when you say common sense stuff.... but your body too de hot haba lols calm down.
Is like thay FRSC guy as booked you b4 hehehehe just joking.. laugh it out guy
Na the guy no get common sense no be you. No vex

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by tayoxx(m): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2017
exlinkleads:
mad people everywhere
you self don dey see am.. mad people everywhere..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'I Only Fear God And Buhari' - Amosun Knocks Oshiomhole / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / Caption This Photo Of House Of Reps Speaker, Yakubu Dogara In Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.