Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair (36377 Views)

No Killer Goes Unpunished, PDP Tells F-SARS Rivers Commander, Akin Fakorede / South-east Top Officers Who May Succeed IGP / FRSC Recalls Rivers Commander For Cutting Officers’ Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by skyisthelimit(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
Can we then ask ourselves why the commandant was recalled. ..was it for him to be given a medal of honour or for retribution? Answering this question might just give us a clue on how the agency perceived the man's actions. The beating of the guy in a wheelchair because he was dressed in a camouflage and d swift condemnation by the army or the recent footage about a Nigerian being deported on a KLM flight where Nigerians protested;for the former it was not that wearing a camouflage was right but the manner of enforcement-being so beaten and dehumanised ;for the latter it was not against his deportation but the manner-in handcuffs and being man handled except he was a physical threat. This is 2017, even some military laws are being challenged these days by both the constitution and in public domain even though not still undermining the internal disciplinary measures or professional ethics of the military as an institution.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by maasoap(m): 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Giddyperson:
That's a para military outfit if I'm not mistaken, the women are not allowed to wear their hair long. That lady went out of her way to wear extensions that are ridiculously long. The commander cut off the extensions. Don't know why people are shouting. Left to me the person that took that picture should be punished. Social media is making it so hard to teach discipline. That's how they would go and film new military cadets being drilled with corporal punishments then circulate the video and start calling it inhumane. How else would they train these people biko, they should serve them bread and butter and spa treatments and send them into the field.
If the man had done the right thing, you wouldn't be concerned about the person that took the pictures.
What right did he have to touch women heads? What right did he have to cut other officials hair forcefully? Your types are the reasons why human rights abusers thrive in our society because you don't know your rights and that of others. And you don't know what constitute human rights abuse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by seguno2: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
Qmerit:
What if the doctrine of the organisation is against the long hair... no sentiment or emotion if you know what the rules says why doing it... That commander won't just do such with some certain rules.

He should have recommended her for disciplinary action, including summary dismissal.
Taking ANY physical action against her, such as cutting her hair, is assault for which she should seek legal redress in court to obtain a sizeable compensation.
We are not monkeys, are we?
We are not in the jungle, are we?
We are not living in a zoo, are we?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Qmerit(m): 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
seguno2:

He should have recommended her for disciplinary action, including summary dismissal.
Taking ANY physical action against her, such as cutting her hair, is assault for which she should seek legal redress in court to obtain a sizeable compensation.
We are not monkeys, are we?
We are not in the jungle, are we?
We are not living in a zoo, are we?

Okay
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by seguno2: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
tommysparks:
force regulations say your hair must not rest on your uniform and the lady knows that. But she still acted in an unlawful manner. Serves her right. Nothing will happen to the commander. It's more like a commander in the war front can shoot and kill his soldier if he disobey orders and it's very legal.

I hope that she finds correct lawyers who will oblige our courts to determine whether the barbaric act of the animalistic commander is legal or not.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by seguno2: 2:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
maasoap:

Women

Thanks.
I thought that only one was involved.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by sirmmykay(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hmmm! many of us here are condemning the act, but i wont be surprise if the lady get punished for carrying long hair. all female officers are not allowed to do such and we all know that all uniform job dont joke with indiscipline. The lady is at fault big time and the officer has d right to do that. let's learn to separate fact from emotion.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
sirmmykay:
Hmmm! many of us here are condemning the act, but i wont be surprise if the lady get punished for carrying long hair. all female officers are not allowed to do such and we all know that all uniform job dont joke with indiscipline. The lady is at fault big time and the officer has d right to do that. let's learn to separate fact from emotion.

Punished is not the word. She is in a relationship where she sells her labour to another person and that relationship is governed by A CONTRACT between both parties

if she is in breach of the agreement the the other party can enforce sanctions within their agreement, that is how the rule of law works. One party cannot unilaterally punish the other.

There is no difference in law of employment whether you are Cristiano Ronaldo or a professor at Harvard if there is a dress code and you breach it the employer has no power of direct enforcement, the worst they can do is sack you.If he has the power to cut hair why does he not have the power to remove a skirt that is too short and replace it with one that is long enough?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by BOMBEATZ(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
Na this kain oga dem dey put juju on top eem seat.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Giddyperson: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2017
maasoap:

If the man had done the right thing, you wouldn't be concerned about the person that took the pictures.
What right did he have to touch women heads? What right did he have to cut other officials hair forcefully? Your types are the reasons why human rights abusers thrive in our society because you don't know your rights and that of others. And you don't know what constitute human rights abuse.
It didn't happen in some civilian office, if it did, I'd be outraged.
It was a para-military setting. That's the point. For such a setting, those workers have no discipline. They should not be taking pictures while being addressed by their commander, neither should the women be wearing their hair long. Big deal if the commander decided to cut off her extensions.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by kcynho(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
modelsms:
People shouldn't underrate the power of social media. This issue wouldn't have raised dust if it was done in private.

Btw, don't they have rules regarding hairstyles in FRSC? I guess that hair cutting wasn't bad in itself just that it went viral.

Check my signature below pls
How can u say that cutting of hair isn't wrong??,are they kids??,rules of such agencies shld either b u get fined,suspended or penalized,not cutting people's hair that u can't give.For him to be called up by his superiors,there must b everyth wrong wt d act

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Wolfpack101: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
C'mon guys!! This is not some business venture, we're talking about a military (para), its an organization with rules and regulations(conduct) so if you ask me....what the sector commander did is right and he deserve a big raise not suspension.
P.S if you don't know shit about military or (para) then don't say anything ..., why do you think military or (para) don't leave their hair long, beards long or have their hair cut...with gallas or dreadlock styles cos there's regulations. angry angry angry
Any woman in organization such as immigration, FRSC, NPF, NA, NAF or NAVAL should know that.

Do you know that military has their own law, once you joined any military organization.... Just know you have two laws to abide(Law of the state and the military law)

but if you happen to see an officer with long beard or hair, just know that his/her job is related to special unit(detective, undercover etc...

Check the image

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Wolfpack101: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
They should've known better not to come to the office with such a hair, it embarrassing!! angry angry angry grin
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ladies should know better on how to dress and comply with uniform policy of the FRSC.
What the Commandant did is wrong.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Ladies should know better on how to dress and comply with uniform policy of the FRSC.
What the Commandant did is wrong.
So if you have a policy against body odour and your staff come to work smelling you should bathe them?
If you have a policy against pregnancy and your student gets pregnant you should abort it
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Law of the state supercedes law of the military. And you are yet to prove that there is a law that directs the commandant to cut off a woman's hair when it does not comply to rules.

PS: there is no provision in the military or paramilitary that recommends assault. Just because you guys take shit from soldiers during NYSC does not make the actions legal.

Thank you.

Wolfpack101:
C'mon guys!! This is not some business venture, we're talking about a military (para), its an organization with rules and regulations(conduct) so if you ask me....what the sector commander did is right and he deserve a big raise not suspension.
P.S if you don't know shit about military or (para) then don't say anything ..., why do you think military or (para) don't leave their hair long, beards long or have their hair cut...with gallas or dreadlock styles cos there's regulations. angry angry angry
Any woman in organization such as immigration, FRSC, NPF, NA, NAF or NAVAL should know that.

Do you know that military has their own law, once you joined any military organization.... Just know you have two laws to abide(Law of the state and the military law)

but if you happen to see an officer with long beard or hair, just know that his/her job is related to special unit(detective, undercover etc...

Check the image

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Iamzik: 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Giddyperson:
That's a para military outfit if I'm not mistaken, the women are not allowed to wear their hair long. That lady went out of her way to wear extensions that are ridiculously long. The commander cut off the extensions. Don't know why people are shouting. Left to me the person that took that picture should be punished. Social media is making it so hard to teach discipline. That's how they would go and film new military cadets being drilled with corporal punishments then circulate the video and start calling it inhumane. How else would they train these people biko, they should serve them bread and butter and spa treatments and send them into the field.

Your logic does not hold water sir. Much like saying that the commander can strip her unclad if she wears mufti or wrong uniform to work. Braided hair is not allowed, yes and the sanction clearly spelt out in staff code of conduct does not include the commander turning himself to emergency barber. We must resist impunity and high handedness of our public office holders. You can't try this in a corporate setting. Maybe due to long military rule we seem to think that Infringing on people's privacy right and gross abuse of office is the way to teach discipline and that's why an average uniform Nigerian man thinks he is above the law. And for the records, FRSC is not military

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by aribisala0(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
And there is NOTHING LIKE PARAMILITARY IN OUR LAW
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Iamzik: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Wolfpack101:

Check the image

You seem to know FRSC code better than Boboye.... Please re-instate Kumapa or whatever is his name and also promote him. The wide spread disproportionate irrational reaction of military men on our streets when they assault same civilians they swore to defend... Is that also in the military law? The old days of military brutality is gone for good. Deal with it and embrace the future. FRSC is not military

1 Like

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Giddyperson: 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Iamzik:

Your logic does not hold water sir. Much like saying that the commander can strip her unclad if she wears mufti or wrong uniform to work. Braided hair is not allowed, yes and the sanction clearly spelt out in staff code of conduct does not include the commander turning himself to emergency barber. We must resist impunity and high handedness of our public office holders. You can't try this in a corporate setting. Maybe due to long military rule we seem to think that Infringing on people's privacy right and gross abuse of office is the way to teach discipline and that's why an average uniform Nigerian man thinks he is above the law. And for the records, FRSC is not military
I never called it military, and this is your opinion, just like I have mine
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Gfish: 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
How can you out scissors to another mans wife hair. Some people no just get single brain.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by naijaking1: 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
ElsonMorali:
The guy should be fired.

Give them a little authority and they think they are God. Iranu.

Thank you. Next he would want to cut their public hair too. Pervert.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by otobong085(m): 4:06am On Apr 12, 2017
I think he weighed his options humanely, tried to be lenient by acting unofficially but it backfired.

He may have crossed the line, but I don't think it will end well for the errant subordinates as well.

My opinion.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by texazzpete(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2017
mccoy47:

For a military/paramilitary service? shocked

I suppose he should also be allowed to grab them by the breasts since it's a 'paramilitary service'.
Re: FRSC Recalls Kumapayi, Rivers Commander, Officers Who Cut Female Officials’ Hair by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2017
texazzpete:

I suppose he should also be allowed to grab them by the breasts since it's a 'paramilitary service'.

grab em by the bosoms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Victor Umeh Ejected From Ihiala LGA Headquarters / Obi Questioned On Why He Invested $30m State Funds In Company Where His Family.. / Why I Was Attacked At Isiaka Adeleke's Burial Hon. Babalola Recounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.