Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? (22088 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Why Is There A Black Sheep In Every Family? How Do You Cope With Them? / Nairaland Family, How Well Do We Know Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by gr8gem(f): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
I no like am at all, but that no mean say make you turn Mike Tyson na

3 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Fuadeiza(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hmmmm... See that girl up there she don join badgang, she get tattoo for 100l. Chaiii.

Now to the issue,
comparison bad gan, i no too like am, although my parent doesn't really compare me to anyone sha,
but they do so to my younger ones, and me no like am, it makes them envy me and makes dem not flexible too... They wanna do what i do, and that ain't nice.

So i do talk to them sha, say make dem no mind my parent say everybody get different head
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Adiwana: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nigga,you very stupid angry

5 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Sijo01(f): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
mekstaniac:
U broke ur elder brother's nose and had the guts to post it here? Ur matter weak me bros

The thing taya you too! I'm trying to figure out the relationship between the father's comparison and the fight with his Bro.

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Seanjay(m): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
it very bad to create enimity with your brother why fight your brother in the first place to the extent of broken his nose if you were from my family the remaining 5boys will beat you until you pass out.. that is very bad so tell me how do you want him to look at you now after breaking his nose, he will never forgive you even if he forgive you he will never forget and he will always feel a little hatred for you whenever he remembers

3 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
If I were to be your elder brother, you would not be alive to write this rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Your father was an extreme covetous person. Only little mind's/people compares themselves or their wards with others. Noble people don't compete with others instead they test their own boundaries.

Guy! Create your own life path and encrypt it. Don't allow anyone to cajole you into running another person's race. Be ambitious but never be greedy.

3 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by chidekings(m): 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Acode:
Recently I got into a fight with my elder brother..nd I broke his nose..it was a very bad thing for me ..but its jst d end product of wat my dad has been planting inside of me

It all started THUS

My dad is a master comparer ..wen we wer younger ...
he wuld compare us (me nd my brothers) to anyone he deems fit even if dat someone is worst Dan us..

.comparisons like

*--.why are we not leading d youth choir in our church like d pastor's son
*--why can't i take d first position in my class like Camoru Omo Iya alata
*-- why cant I win d scholarship like lagbaja even if my school is not offering any

I could remember last two years..a relative came visiting..dis guy recently came back from Obodo oyibo..nd he was forming all single nd holy..

here comes my dad again..comparing us to him..saying d guy has gone to a foreign land nd he was successful all because he was holy nd he abstained from women..

nd all we do here is think and gist about women(we are 6 boys)..we didn't take it lightly wit him..but we let it slide.

.only to get invited to a party by dis holy obodo oyibo guy..nd we met him rocking d biggest ukwu we've ever seen..Chai!!..God punish devil

Back to my main reason for writing dis..
My dad ridiculed me so much with my brothers success.. he wuld use every opportunity to compare me nd him

my brother is a graduate nd works for a big tech company.. while i'm still a 300level student

The comparison got so bad I started hating my brother..not because he's already successful Dan me...but my dad rubs it on my face always..like I should jst graduate sharp sharp nd start working

long story short.... we fought nd I broke his nose
NOW MY QUESTION IS
I know my dad wants to motivate us with d comparisons
But is it ideal to motivate someone( brother.. friend..anyone) by comparing him to another person..

nd if ur a victim like me..talk ur story

Oga go and sit down. U dey form victim.
Go apologize to your brother kiliwi

8 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Thank your sorry a** that you don't have an elder brother of my nature. I would deal with you.

Go and beg him for forgiveness you bully

8 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by lammsohiman(m): 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2017
Op pele, e go beta....but mk u ma do am small comparison, dangote no b him mate. Make him feel ur pain small.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Twizzy30(m): 10:29pm On Apr 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by roymary: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
Acode:
Recently I got into a fight with my elder brother..nd I broke his nose..it was a very bad thing for me ..but its jst d end product of wat my dad has been planting inside of me

It all started THUS

he wuld compare us (me nd my brothers) to anyone he deems fit even if dat someone is worst Dan us..

.comparisons like

*-- why cant I win d scholarship like lagbaja even if my school is not offering any

I could remember last two years..a relative came visiting..dis guy recently came back from Obodo oyibo..nd he was forming all single nd holy..

here comes my dad again..comparing us to him..saying d guy has gone to a foreign land nd he was successful all because he was holy nd he abstained from women..

nd all we do here is think and gist about women(we are 6 boys)..we didn't take it lightly wit him..but we let it slide.

.only to get invited to a party by dis holy obodo oyibo guy..nd we met him rocking d biggest ukwu we've ever seen..Chai!!..God punish devil

My dad ridiculed me so much with my brothers success.. he wuld use every opportunity to compare me nd him

my brother is a graduate nd works for a big tech company.. while i'm still a 300level student

The comparison got so bad I started hating my brother..not because he's already successful Dan me...but my dad rubs it on my face always..like I should jst graduate sharp sharp nd start working

NOW MY QUESTION IS
But is it ideal to motivate someone( brother.. friend..anyone) by comparing him to another person..

You be real mumu- You dey break your brother nose and you still dey tell the world! You go soon jam small boy wey go beat you well well too. Anuofia

7 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Lagbaja01(m): 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
You should brake your dad's nose as well.

5 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
End Time

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Funkybabee(f): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
u are just saying nonsense Ase

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by princessfoluke(f): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hmm.. I saw a similar case although it was the younger brother that head head injury. My advice is whatever the differences between you two must be settled. Reason been that'tomorrow' your dad wont be there and you will just be left together so... I don't even know.. Enough of the fight sha. E don do for here.
On comparison, I think is just to 'ginger' you up, our parents wants the best for us but they shouldn't take it too far. Thankyou

4 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by nwadiuko1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
we do not make comparisms in our family (internal) but we sure like to set the pace for others to follow.........i cant even think of talking back to my elder brother......we were trained that way

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Cladez(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
Must you tell us you broke his nose?? besides why fight with your elder brother??

5 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
God will deliver us from parent that believe the best way to motivate you is to compare you to siblings.

I would have so much love to narrate mine, but nairaland is not such place (because before you know it, they go begin they insult you with the thing)

One thing I have decided to do is irrespective of the comparisim, I will never hate my sibling, rather I will use them as prayer point for own success.

5 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by johnstar(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Klington: 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ur Brother deserves some unreserved apology cos it was ur fada's fault n not his.
Secondly, u're only a coward to have allowed ur fada's sentiment becloud ur sense of rationality.
Did u ask urself if ur fada faired better than all his contemporaries....

5 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
Acode:

It all started THUS

.comparisons like

NOW MY QUESTION IS

You fought your elder brother and broke his nose and you are proud of it. If I were to be your elder brother l will kill you. Nobody can even dare fight me not to talk of injuring me.

7 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by mekleelex200(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
Iwe kuwa nwanne gi nwoke imi, and u want us to clap for u? Wehdone sir

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by bamirotola: 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
This is where Nigerian parent get it wrong... What works well for A might not work at all for b, they should learn to discover theirs indidviduals child strength and help work on it... U suffered this from my parent too since childhood ... And we young parent or parents to be should learn
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Benekruku(m): 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
You broke his nose and couldn't shoot him with a gun after you did that?

You re a weakling.

As for your dad, since he is already old, You can use a pillow to suffocate him when he is sleeping

All your troubles will be dead in a short time if u strategise well

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by bobbybrown007: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
i hate that word comparizm, because it way people down, mainly when it is all about the first child
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by buffalowings: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
I know my parents will not live it down with my younger sibling

about how I was a high flier when I was in secondary school

about how he needs to measure up to me

the truth is

I'm miserable
I'm gonna cry myself to sleep
I'm so down
Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by praisekeyzz(m): 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2017
Clap for ursef

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by PaARAaH(f): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
poshestmina:
We love our siblings doesn't mean we don't have blood running through our veins .my elder sister had always been my standard ,someone i 'must' be like .she's the quiet,intelligent ,Godly and decent kind of girl while i got my first tattoo immediately i got admission . I was reminded everyday how my sister graduated with a 2.1 and i needed to be better than her ,finish school,serve,get a job,get a 2nd degree and get married .The HARDEST THING IS HAVING TO WALK IN SOMEONE ELSE'S SHOES .At the end of the day ,everybody with their fate abeg .I 'envied' my sister a lil but not to the point of fighting,hating or not wishing her well . Creating an atmosphere for healthy competitions among siblings is fine but unnecessary comparison is a NO NO!
Same shoes here like my big sis is a set standard for me, she's this she's that and I know she's not most of what she's painted to be I've stayed with her in an apartment dad rented for us I had to move out to squat in the hostel till I could buy space for myself... And she's not even helping sef always acting all innocent and fragile .. I had no chioce but to develop a tough skin on such flimsy comparisons its not easy but I'll get through. .. Mehnn if only parents know the heartache comparison causes

2 Likes

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by lozanni(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
Comparing children to other neighbor's children, relatives children and those of in-laws can breed ill feeling and hatred in the minds of the children at the receiving end.
I had a neighbor once, who whenever he passes by me will give me a murderous look and I often asked myself why he does that because I usually do my best to be nice to him.
I found out why, later on, the guy always looked at me with such hate, by chance, as I heard his Dad scolding him about his academic performance, the guy was struggling back then with his education, and was telling him to be like me who was already in a higher Institution at that time.
From the above incident I made up my mind that when I have kids, I will not compare them to anyone else, but allow them to develop naturally in their own way.
The above neighbor finally got admitted into a university and today works in London and is doing very well for himself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by brownsug(f): 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
Olateef:
I'm weak

Dude laugh wan kii me, which one be dis again

1 Like

Re: Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Acode:

It all started THUS

.comparisons like

NOW MY QUESTION IS

Well, you shouldn't transfer your aggression on your bro. After all, he also may have been compared to others in the past by your dad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants / Black And White Twins / Why Are Relatives Always Jealous Of One's Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.