Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC (34102 Views)

400 Public Servants Under Investigation Over Ownership Of Property In Abuja / Abdulrasheed Maina's Mansions Seized By EFCC (Photos) / Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by precious1967(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2017
NIA shld show us d evidence dt d money belongs to dem i.e how d money was allocated to dem & where dey collected it.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by 989900: 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
I hate this! There is a cover up somewhere, we are not getting reliable info from anybody.

NIA money my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Abagworo(m): 9:28am On Apr 15, 2017
EFCC is back after 8 years hiatus under Yar'adua and Jonathan. Magu is indeed a blessing to Nigeria.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by kudosamass(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2017
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES!
If this money actually belonged to the NIA's covert operations, there is no way even a hundred EFCC operatives would be allowed to have had access to it. Those who understand how such intelligence agencies work will agree with me that the Agency would rather kill the whole EFCC operatives for National Security than allow its Maximum Classified Operations to be busted. Secondly, who is the whistle blower? An NIA Agent? How come a supposed highly classified Operation got leaked? That means NIA has failed. It has jeopardized National Security.
My advice is that NIA as a Professional Organization should not allow itself to be used by the politicians. The story does not add up & can never add up.

3 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Boyooosa(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2017
DRAMA

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
NIA is obviously lying to protect someone close to the current administration and this 'safe-house' hogwash is obviously a script given to them by a pr-advisor/political aide who has watched too many movies.

A 'safe-house' would have been so well protected efcc wouldn't be able to get in there in the first place. Plus who gives out such a huge sum in cash 'over a period of years'? even spy agencies account for their money/expenses!

3 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by OpinionCounts(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
When Fools are at the helm of affairs in a country, this is the result you get........

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Everybody wants a piece of the pie.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by usamali(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
Wike said if the money is returned,it will be project galore.
He is surely high on some weed and burukutu.
How many projects has he executed?
They way he is even claiming the money is funny.very silly way of claiming money.

receive sense u fool...wot do u expect when amachi stole hall out of rivers purse to put a cow on seat.if you don't have what to say keep quiet,to comment na by force.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2017
The SERAP Director, Adetokunbo Mumuni, said, “Whatever information that the EFCC has about any money abandoned or found in any place deserves to be released to the public. In a democracy, there can’t be opaqueness. This issue affects public interest and it is against the collective interest if the EFCC withholds the i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2017
MOGPRAISE:
The SERAP Director, Adetokunbo Mumuni, said, “Whatever information that the EFCC has about any money abandoned or found in any place deserves to be released to the public. In a democracy, there can’t be opaqueness. This issue affects public interest and it is against the collective interest if the EFCC withholds the i

Exactly........ We are not practicing democracy in Nigeria at all.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by kitaatita: 9:46am On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

The same NIA that initially denied the money?

https://www.nairaland.com/3740739/national-intelligence-agency-nia-denies

Are you guys not taking this joke too far?
It gets more complicated with the Nollywood script attitude of EFCC which has attracted Nollywood actor politicians. Ìf you understand how Intelligence Agencies work, they won't come out in the open to claim money which will attract more questions. Now the safe house has been outed. The project has been compromised because other agencies across international community are already on this case. I'm normally for EFCC but as details unfold, I can say that the Agency mishandled the operation, maybe out of desperate excitement to please it's fans.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Maxtermind(m): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2017
Governor Wike is heading somewhere.. The money is owned by one of Apc's and they are trying to cover up for him

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
kitaatita:

It gets more complicated with the Nollywood script attitude of EFCC which has attracted Nollywood actor politicians. Ìf you understand how Intelligence Agencies work, they won't come out in the open to claim money which will attract more questions. Now the safe house has been outed. The project has been compromised because other agencies across international community are already on this case. I'm normally for EFCC but as details unfold, I can say that the Agency mishandled the operation, maybe out of desperate excitement to please it's fans.

It seems that you still don't want to accept that the money belongs to Amaechi and his girlfriend despite the denial of ownership by NIA?
Are we not our own worst enemies?

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2017
989900:
I hate this! There is a cover up somewhere, we are not getting reliable info from anybody.

NIA money my foot!

The money belongs to Amaechi and his girlfriend hence the clumsy attempt to cover up the failed drama for Magu's confirmation.
#OurMumudonDo
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by chrisxxx(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
Wike said if the money is returned,it will be project galore.
He is surely high on some weed and burukutu.
How many projects has he executed?
They way he is even claiming the money is funny.very silly way of claiming money.
Seriously respect is exotic to you.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by koboko69: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:
FG should look for a better story and stop saying that the money belong to NIA

How can NIA with the scope of their job had no idea that one of their stash houses would be raided? What kind of stupid intelligence have they been gathering if they can't even keep their stash house secret?

Even FBI and CIA sade houses are raided time to time by enemies including drug lords and the Mafia and secrete agents killed. So shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by hush15: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2017
JayJohnson:
Wike the wicked clown is at it again. Like Fayose, like Wike! While one is set to liberate the republic of biafrauud that is without a purposeful and visionary leader, the other is set to complete a monorail that does not belong to his administration from the awoof money.
Still waiting for Fayose to claim the money belongs to Ekiti state government or to pdp
Shameless clowns
Pdp house, full of clowns

It's quite obvious your personal dislike or hate if I may say about these people but don't let that cloud your sense of objectivity because if you rationally considered this case, like has a better chance at it.

Is it not obvious that the government is trying to hide something, cos the question now is that who owns that particular apartment, what story did the whistleblower give, how did the whistleblower get his info atleast, it takes someone on the inside to know these things. Atleast, we know the building owners now, we know Mo owns that preceding flat which is 7a, and am sure the owner of the 7b cant be far fetched.
Didn't they do due diligence when getting info from the olofofo before jumping to the scene? And that's why they don't always win case cos they move around with incomplete information.

Aside all that, NSA n Wike now claims ownership because of the stupidity of EFCC. On one side and based on their story, why would NSA keep such money in that place, where is the intelligence in that? Even if they are trying to be discreet, why not have a strong room in your complex and spend as you like, who will know except there are thieves among themselves. Also, if where the money is stashed is their warehouse, a whole luxury apartment, who did they get it from? Was due process followed in acquiring such facility? Obviously, they have not display intelligence as their agency stands for, so what rights do they have over the money now that it's in public domain. Even if it is theirs, whats in secret shouldnt now be in ooen cos whatever they wanted to use that money for now will be in public light and they must explain.

As for Wike, he believes that apartment belongs to Ameachi, if that's true the everything else he said make sense. The question is can he prove Ameachi owns that apartment? If he can, then his argument holds water. Concerning the ownership of that apartment, it's so key that FG disclose that apartment owner if government wants to remain credible else what we finding hard to believe is what really happened. This government truly is really biased in it's anticorruption fight.

So don't let us reason out of prejudice but face facts and be objective. Whatever the outcome, we collectively are the overall winners or losers as they case may be

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2017
OpinionCounts:
When Fools are at the helm of affairs in a country, this is the result you get........

Indeed, Buhari is just that with his NEPA bill of a certificate.
From prosperity to recession.
From growth to starvation.
From buoyant to suicide.
What manner of change.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2017
koboko69:
Even FBI and CIA sade houses are raided time to time by enemies including drug lords and the Mafia and secrete agents killed. So shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say.

You sound very ridiculous, bro.
Is the EFCC an enemy of NIA?
Or is Magu a drug lord?
Are you saying that Magu is in the Kaduna mafia?
Or is Magu one of the Aso Rock cabal?
Oya, tell us. We are listening.

3 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by persius555(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2017
What kind of project was the NIA embarking on to warrant keeping such crisp amount of dollars in a single house.

This money was freshly stacked for onward money laundering abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by bakila: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2017
kingphilip:
Also , the Executive Secretary , Anti- Corruption Network, Ebenezer Oyetakin , said , “ The fight against corruption must be total , unambiguous, true in character and content , transparent in outlook and must not be cloudy in presentation to the public . ”

This is what the fight against corruption should be all about and not just what we're witnessing today
The law says catch our money and seize it, you dont have to get the owner before doing that. When the owner shows up and can show the money is not a proceed of unlawful activity he gets back his money; he must also show why he did not pass through a financial institution.
Magu is righ total IN THIS CASE. You cannot drop the Presidency or Security name to try any scam under Magu.
Please also bear in mind that we have money buried in airconditioned soak-aways and slums by people with very high security clearance.
As for Wike, he should ask Jonathan if the NIA claim is true.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by RALPHOW(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2017
peteregwu:

https://punchng.com/wike-nia-fight-over-ownership-of-n13bn-seized-by-efcc/amp/

DG NIA MUST BE ARRESTED FOR THAT CLAIM, IS THAT HOUSE A BANK?

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Myself2(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:
FG should look for a better story and stop saying that the money belong to NIA

How can NIA with the scope of their job had no idea that one of their stash houses would be raided? What kind of stupid intelligence have they been gathering if they can't even keep their stash house secret?

This should make the heart of every well meaning Nigerian bleed for real.Buhari and his gang of thieving and pretending crooks have killed Nigeria.Imagine selling the commonwealth of the Rivers people ( gas turbine ) for $319 million and yet remit only $204k
This same Amaechi is roaming free,no useless Magu,who some people want us to believe has a special anointing in arresting and prosecuting treasury looters has gone after Amaechi.This is because it is believed that he used a huge chunk of that money to fund the the so called election of Buhari: who is the greatest deceiver of all times to have ruled Nigeria.And some people will come here and defend these devilish people shocked shocked
I weep for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by musicwriter(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2017
And someone who said this is a zoo is in jail?
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by kitaatita: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

It seems that you still don't want to accept that the money belongs to Amaechi and his girlfriend despite the denial of ownership by NIA?
Are we not our own worst enemies?
No. I'm too mature to be railroaded by politicians.
I deal with facts. More than five names were bandied about as owners of the cash and/or apartment. Apart from Amaechi's political adversaries who are seeking political glory, no evidence exists linking him or any of the others to the cash or apartment. The NIA has come up with the only plausible explanation and I have to give them the benefit of doubt. And let me warn you in advance, Intelligence Agencies do not rent safe houses in their own names. Sometimes, the cash is administered by proxy. You understand why I'm not happy with EFCC over the hoopla surrounding the recovery.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Ijuye: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2017

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2017
persius555:
What kind of project was the NIA embarking on to warrant keeping such crisp amount of dollars in a single house.

This money was freshly stacked for onward money laundering abroad.

That was why they pumped dollars reduce the exchange rate for Amaechi and co to buy and stockpile for 2019 elections.
God is bigger than them.
Can you imagine, exchange rates dropped but prices of things remained high.
Are we all fools?

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 10:17am On Apr 15, 2017
kitaatita:
No. I'm too mature to be railroaded by politicians.
I deal with facts. More than five names were bandied about as owners of the cash and/or apartment. Apart from Amaechi's political adversaries who are seeking political glory, no evidence exists linking him or any of the others to the cash or apartment. The NIA has come up with the only plausible explanation and I have to give them the benefit of doubt. And let me warn you in advance, Intelligence Agencies do not rent safe houses in their own names. Sometimes, the cash is administered by proxy. You understand why I'm not happy with EFCC over the hoopla surrounding the recovery.

So the NIA rented the apartment in the name of Amaechi and his girlfriend?
Interesting.
Why did NIA deny ownership of the money before making a U-turn?

https://www.nairaland.com/3740739/national-intelligence-agency-nia-denies

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2017
musicwriter:
And someone who said this is a zoo is in jail?
That someone made a mistake, this is not a zoo, this is a jungle.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ideylaff: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2017
ceeethru:
Why would the agency money be in a locked up apartment? Why not in a bank.
These people really think we are homo habilis Abi.

Well said ...... they are taking us for fools.....

Micromanaging to the level that the President had to be told like a school headmaster.......

Everything is always the presidency yet there are parastatals allover with their budgets and staff count rising.

Nigeria is truly a comedy state grin
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by koboko69: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

You sound very ridiculous, bro.
Is the EFCC an enemy of NIA?
Or is Magu a drug lord?
Are you saying that Magu is in the Kaduna mafia?
Or is Magu one of the Aso Rock cabal?
Oya, tell us. We are listening.

Don't try to sound smart. Ur original insinuation is how wont the NIA know that her safe house is about to be raided. When u clearly saw that the report claimed EFCC wouldn't have any of the stories from NIA. U called NIA a useless agency cos of that.
There are numerous times were their are conflicts between inter agencies world wide. We have seen FBI vs CIA, even most recently FBI is at logger heads with NCE in white house over Russia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onitsha Launches New Community Vigilante Unit (Photos) / US Vows To Monitor $32.8m COVID-19 Spending In Nigeria / Killings In Southern Kaduna: (Video Documentary By David Hundeyin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.