Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (611994 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by luluz4u: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

good buy.

If every other thing is ok

thanks gazzuzz
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ultrazone(m): 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2018
Dear Gazzuzz, please which would you advise among these vehicles? I'm looking for comfort, affordable maintenance, solid sound system and good resale value. Car would be purchased Nigerian used. Thanks.

Honda evil spirit 08
Muscle 010
Avalon 2007
Corolla 2012
Hyundai ix35 2012

Also, how much is the engine and gear for these brands too? I'm open to to other good options below 2.5m.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
ultrazone:
Dear Gazzuzz, please which would you advise among these vehicles? I'm looking for comfort, affordable maintenance, solid sound system and good resale value. Car would be purchased Nigerian used. Thanks.

Honda evil spirit 08
Muscle 010
Avalon 2007
Corolla 2012
Hyundai ix35 2012

Also, how much is the engine and gear for these brands too? I'm open to to other good options below 2.5m.

I have one for sale.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ultrazone(m): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I have one for sale.
Thanks. I will be in touch soon.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by elpiro: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good day oga gazzuzz,
I recently have ABS light on my dashboard,all efforts to clear proved abortive till it was discovered that the ABS no longer supplies the rear wheels, Is there any way to rectify?
If not,can you give me a fair estimate of the cost of a replacement?
which is advised, fairly used or new?

Thanks in anticipation

P.S. car model is Mitsubishi L200 4x4 truck(2015)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2018
elpiro:
Good day oga gazzuzz,
I recently have ABS light on my dashboard,all efforts to clear proved abortive till it was discovered that the ABS no longer supplies the rear wheels, Is there any way to rectify?
If not,can you give me a fair estimate of the cost of a replacement?
which is advised, fairly used or new?

Thanks in anticipation

P.S. car model is Mitsubishi L200 4x4 truck(2015)

Post related scan codes for ABS unit.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seanaddy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello Sir, I need your honest opinion on volkswagen jetta fsi 1.6lt a/t. How durable, fuel economic and maintenance friendly is it. I am looking for a car to start with on uber / taxify.

Thank you and God bless your hand work Sir.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2018
seanaddy:
Hello Sir, I need your honest opinion on volkswagen jetta fsi 1.6lt a/t. How durable, fuel economic and maintenance friendly is it. I am looking for a car to start with on uber / taxify.

Thank you and God bless your hand work Sir.

what year is it?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by akefemi: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2018
Good morning sir, please I noticed my Honda civic 2001 model always drags (refuse to accelerate) when the Ac is turned on for a long period of time. After turning off the Ac its picks up a bit but not as it would be if the Ac were not turned on.
Please help.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46am On Mar 03, 2018
akefemi:
Good morning sir, please I noticed my Honda civic 2001 model always drags (refuse to accelerate) when the Ac is turned on for a long period of time. After turning off the Ac its picks up a bit but not as it would be if the Ac were not turned on.
Please help.

Observe the coolant temperature readings, and tell me where the needle is when it starts dragging.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by AXYZ: 7:01am On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Observe the coolant temperature readings, and tell me where the needle is when it starts dragging.

Professor Gazzuzz!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by akefemi: 7:11am On Mar 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

OK, I will check, but I noticed my temperature reading only takes few minutes to get to middle on starting the engine (Ac on or off)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ultrazone(m): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2018
HI Gazzuzz...can you suggest a good handheld obd II scanner that works for all cars, displays error codes and their meanings...and which may not necessarily be battery powered. What is the common option/model out there for a comprehensive scan...engine...transmission...abs etc? Where can I get one and how much does such device go for at the moment. Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SapphireYj: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2018
My oga pls help. I have Toyota sienna 98 model. While driving, I was hearing a metallic clanging sound under the car, shortly after this, the engine tripped off,steering became stiff. I opened the bonnet and realised smoke was coming out from an area towards the left of where the engine was situated.Yet my heat meter guage was reading normal temperature. I called my mechanic and he got a towing vehicle to tow it to his shop. He has been on it for 3 days now. The heat broke the plastic surrounding the radiator, so he got the radiator fixed and washed it too. Tested the car, but the engine was still hot. He changed the 2 gaskets yesterday, yet the engine was still very hot after driving for a shot distance. Today now he checked the water pump and said it was ok. Now he is saying maybe the cylinders are faulty. I am quite confused and it seems he is employing trial and error method to fix the car. The latest update now is that he is saying it is best to change the engine. But the engine is working. It starts well, drives well, doesn't smoke, etc. Only problem is that it is heating up.Any advice sir?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2018
SapphireYj:
My oga pls help. I have Toyota sienna 98 model. While driving, I was hearing a metallic clanging sound under the car, shortly after this, the engine tripped off,steering became stiff. I opened the bonnet and realised smoke was coming out from an area towards the left of where the engine was situated.Yet my heat meter guage was reading normal temperature. I called my mechanic and he got a towing vehicle to tow it to his shop. He has been on it for 3 days now. The heat broke the plastic surrounding the radiator, so he got the radiator fixed and washed it too. Tested the car, but the engine was still hot. He changed the 2 gaskets yesterday, yet the engine was still very hot after driving for a shot distance. Today now he checked the water pump and said it was ok. Now he is saying maybe the cylinders are faulty. I am quite confused and it seems he is employing trial and error method to fix the car. The latest update now is that he is saying it is best to change the engine. But the engine is working. It starts well, drives well, doesn't smoke, etc. Only problem is that it is heating up.Any advice sir?

your engine is a 1mz-fe engine, it is made of an aluminum head, and block. Presently the 2 mating surfaces of the head and block are uneven (wrapped).

for your peace of mind, replace the engine.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by segzyndpep(m): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2018
I am an interior designer with knowledge of 3D software (Sketchup/Vray) to avoid guess work for client and myself.I have work for architectural firm for 2years In lagos, before i relocate to Ilorin/kwara state, though i am available to travel.

My specialty is low cost, high style decorating. I love budget's and work very hard to find the perfect affordable pieces while still keeping the integrity of the design.

I am looking for individual or firm who are building and are on the finish face to contact me for supervision or low budget interior ideas.
If the property is in Ilorin, i volunteer to do it for free.

whatsapp or call :07063896089
info@homelanddesign.org

will appreciate your recommendation.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seanaddy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
Boss, It's a 2006 model

GAZZUZZ:

what year is it?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kayus2(m): 12:11am On Mar 04, 2018
Hello Sir,

Pls i need your opinion on this.

I bought a nig used 03 Camry XLE just a month ago from someone who wants to relocate to the state.(He's gone now)
I know the owner, i know hes relocating, i knew when he bought the car as tokunbo (May 2016), he has a fairly good maintenance culture, he does not even have a mechanic of his own, car was neat and i did not bother to call a mechanic for inspection (God forgive me). The car was bought in May 2016 as evident from all document. This has been established. Mileage is 245,000 (that was my ONLY concern) when he sold it to me.
I notice a service sticker on the windscreen of the car that shows, perhaps , the last time it was service in New york b4 it was brought into Nig. The mileage on that sticker was 222,400 and date was Nov 2015. I bought the car from the direct owner and i observed he's been using Oando Engine oil 20W-50 to service the car. My route is Magodo-VI (mon-fri) and for a month i have a smooth ride with the car. As at today, I have not spent a kobo on it except for fuel.I have read alot on NL about the right engine oil and i know this oil no be the correct one. 1 want to service the car by end of this month.
I spoke to the former owner about the oil and he said that was what a mechanic recommend when he bought the car in May 2016. He does not even have a personal mechanic because car has been good without any issue since. Car is very neat up till now. My concern is this, would you recommend i switch to the recommended/synthetic oil, or i should jejely continue with what this guy has been using. Some tech guys on NL says car could start shortening oil, leaking if i change oiletc. Pls what do u recommend Sir. I dont want to mess up this car.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
kayus2:

Hello Sir,

Pls i need your opinion on this.

I bought a nig used 03 Camry XLE just a month ago from someone who wants to relocate to the state.(He's gone now)
I know the owner, i know hes relocating, i knew when he bought the car as tokunbo (May 2016), he has a fairly good maintenance culture, he does not even have a mechanic of his own, car was neat and i did not bother to call a mechanic for inspection (God forgive me). The car was bought in May 2016 as evident from all document. This has been established. Mileage is 245,000 (that was my ONLY concern) when he sold it to me.
I notice a service sticker on the windscreen of the car that shows, perhaps , the last time it was service in New york b4 it was brought into Nig. The mileage on that sticker was 222,400 and date was Nov 2015. I bought the car from the direct owner and i observed he's been using Oando Engine oil 20W-50 to service the car. My route is Magodo-VI (mon-fri) and for a month i have a smooth ride with the car. As at today, I have not spent a kobo on it except for fuel.I have read alot on NL about the right engine oil and i know this oil no be the correct one. 1 want to service the car by end of this month.
I spoke to the former owner about the oil and he said that was what a mechanic recommend when he bought the car in May 2016. He does not even have a personal mechanic because car has been good without any issue since. Car is very neat up till now. My concern is this, would you recommend i switch to the recommended/synthetic oil, or i should jejely continue with what this guy has been using. Some tech guys on NL says car could start shortening oil, leaking if i change oiletc. Pls what do u recommend Sir. I dont want to mess up this car.

I am sorry I have not responded,
was a little preoccupied with Baba wealth.

now to your present issue.

Your engine starting and running smooth, does not mean every thing is well within your engine, I have seen serious buildup of sludge in vehicles that were thought to be maintained properly.

I will advice you start your switch to 5w30 gradually.

Start by switching to a 40weight. (0w40 or 5w40 or 15w40) good brand full synthetic. Run it for 4000miles and watch your engine oil dipstick every morning to ensure no oil burn.

If this works out, next oil change switch to full synthetic 5w30 (good reliable brand)

If it does not workout (oil burns) switch back to any good brand of 20w50 oil and change oil between 3000-5000kms max.

You should be fine.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by seunoj: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
Boss, pls wats ur take on Kia soul 2011 manual. Maintenance and fuel consumption. R the parts cheap and available?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by millomaniac: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hello Gazzuzz. Recently i noticed blue smoke from my v6 99accord while idling. Its not heavy but this is the first time i have noticed it. Normally it is white when i start it in the morning when engine steams for a while it goes away but now its blue and does not go away. What might be wrong? Is it safe to drive the car over long distances.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Mar 05, 2018
millomaniac:
Hello Gazzuzz. Recently i noticed blue smoke from my v6 99accord while idling. Its not heavy but this is the first time i have noticed it. Normally it is white when i start it in the morning when engine steams for a while it goes away but now its blue and does not go away. What might be wrong? Is it safe to drive the car over long distances.

it is a result of oil burn.

Worn out rings or valve seals.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by millomaniac: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Ok boss
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hollyayo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
Boss... pls which oil can I use to service my Toyota Yaris 2008?
GAZZUZZ:

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by apexquest(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pls Chief Gazzuzz, I was in a very serious traffic when I noticed a kind of smoke coming out of my hood...
I had to manage it to a convenient place to park and check... when I finally parked, I checked and found out that my car was obviously overheating. I was surprised because the temp gauge was still at half mark. there was no single water in the radiator, in fact the plastic radiator top had already burst open on one side. I allowed it to cool then poured in water. The water was leaking out from side of radiator top and around water pump.. I manage to take the car to my mechanic.
Radiator top and water pump was changed. But I noticed water was still leaking around the water pump area... so I bought 'Abro Stop Leak'.. the leakage stopped.
the problem now is that the water seems to keep going down in the radiator, and my engine oil is now very light like water is missing with it..
I'm just confused. . .
Could it be that the water is finding its way into the oil
What do u advice I do, pls ?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2018
[quote author=apexquest post=65592013]Pls Chief Gazzuzz, I was in a very serious traffic when I noticed a kind of smoke coming out of my hood...

next time. Stop engine turn on hazard light and Tow vehicle
I had to manage it to a convenient place to park and check... when I finally parked, I checked and found out that my car was obviously overheating. I was surprised because the temp gauge was still at half mark
coolant temp sensors read temp of the fluid in contact with sensor, there was no fluid in the coolant lines
. there was no single water in the radiator, in fact the plastic radiator top had already burst open on one side. I allowed it to cool then poured in water. The water was leaking out from side of radiator top and around water pump..
source of leak

I manage to take the car to my mechanic.
Radiator top and water pump was changed. But I noticed water was still leaking around the water pump area... so I bought 'Abro Stop Leak'.. the leakage stopped.
next time replace radiator.

For the waterpump was it a new one?
the problem now is that the water seems to keep going down in the radiator, and my engine oil is now very light like water is missing with it..
I'm just confused. . .
Could it be that the water is finding its way into the oil
What do u advice I do, pls ?
head Cylinder gasket is damaged.

My advice

Resurface Cylinder head

Replace head gasket

Replace engine oil

Replace valve stem seals

Replace water pump with brand new oem

Replace rocker cover seals

Replace radiator

Ensure you use coolant.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Mar 06, 2018
hollyayo:
Boss... pls which oil can I use to service my Toyota Yaris 2008?
what have you been using before now?

If vehicle was just imported, the oil grade is stated on the oil cap as 5w30. Use any reliable brand of engine oil

If you have been using 20w50 for as long as you can remember stick with it and shorten the oil change intervals.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2018
millomaniac:

monitor coolant levels and engine oil levels.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05am On Mar 06, 2018
seunoj:
Boss, pls wats ur take on Kia soul 2011 manual. Maintenance and fuel consumption. R the parts cheap and available?

weakest link in that vehicle is the engine. It is about 600,000.

It is a reliable engine, but once it overheats, it's gone.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07am On Mar 06, 2018
seanaddy:
Boss, It's a 2006 model

if you have a good mechanic that can handle the FSI part you will be fine.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR AS A NIGERIAN USED VEHICLE
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ak22(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Since you are not in lagos, follow this small illustration.

Pic below is your engine type, pic with my finger is called coolant temp sensor, sensor is either bad, or if you follow the 2 wires connect it, one of them or both is cut very close to the sensor. Start by tracing the wiring at least 20cm backward from the sensor.

I am a silent follower of this your thread though I never own a car but I can drive very well and I pray That God will pick my call to own one soon .
This your thread is so Educative and Funny . Sir do you study Mechanical Engineering or you inherited it ? You are too genius . I appreciate the Good work and advice that you are giving to the people of Nairaland and their subordinate.

So therefore I am here to give you an honorary PROFESSOR. And as from today I want PEOPLE to BE addressing YOU as PROFESSOR ...

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dandollar1: 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hello,
I have been having this issue with my 2007 Honda Accord I4 for a very long time now, and it is getting worse.

1. The car auto revs on its own in park and neutral . Once you start it, goes Voom! Voom! Voom! With the tach going up and down continously.

2. It jerks with a thud, when changing from park to reverse or from neutral to drive.

3. On motion, the vehicle drives itself as there is no throttle response and does not exceed 40km/hr. There is also a slight thud when it shifts from gear 1-2 and when downshifting too. I can only control it with the brake at this point. The engine sound is also very high.

Initially, this issues happen intermittently , in that, the car would drive well for like a month, and then the issue will come up suddenly, say for 2 days and everything becomes normal afterwards, but it has been very consistent recently and the car is beginning to stall on motion.

Overtime, I have scanned the car and got codes related to throttle body, throttle position sensor,and online checks suggest the culprit could also be a vacuum leak.

I have replaced about 3-4 throttle bodies, the latest being a brand new one I ordered online.I have also replaced my intake tube,ECU, replaced sensor plugs,e.t.c, still the issue has persisted.

Presently, I have codes P2135 and P2176.

I have been going about this diagnosis myself because I stay in bonny island,Rivers State, and here, there are no competent mechanics or auto electricians that can tell me what the problem is.

I would appreciate if anyone with such experience could point out what I could do to resolve the issue or refer me to a very competent auto mech or electrician in port Harcourt that could help me resolve this issue.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.