Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? (12881 Views)

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) / Catholic Church Staging The Crucifixion Of Jesus At The University Of Uyo (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by neocortex: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2017
realestniggah:
isn't it weird that God has a son when he doesn't have a wife..so you telling me God just created Jesus and decided to name him his son..what makes Jesus different from the rest of the other creation he had made

Mary was the wife, she was impregnated without her consent.

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2017
Still don't get this.

Once upon a time, there were three in one God(s).

One out of the three Gods became man only to be killed by death one of his creation. It was even said that Satan his baddest creation tempted him several three times.

It is finished. He said.

A God was sacrificed to another God to redeem the people he allegedly created.

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Fallacy of Appealing to Authority

Whether I appeal to his authority or not, common sense tells you that you are above that which you can totally comprehend, God not excluded.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by TeamSimple(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2017
dalaman:
It's nothing but human sacrifice . According to the tale God sacrificed himself unto himself.
No mind those confused fellow.. Same god that records sin and punishes sinners had to kill himself so he could forgive. Even a nursery school pupil should know that is stvpidity.

6 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Zenithpeak(m): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I reject the idea that Jesus "died" for anybody's sins or any other reason (many bad arguments here) specifically because if you die horribly on the strangely-named "Good" Friday and then come waltzing back out according to the story on Sunday afternoon, you haven't "died". But people don't like it when I rephrase it to "Jesus had the shittiest weekend ever for your sins." I'm not even sure how bad the rest of his weekend was. Was he strolling around in hell? Chilling with his dad/himself/petting zoo/aviary?

Like many others, I don't mean to minimize the suffering of everyone who was crucified, including this guy. While not the most terrible way to die that I can think of, I'm sure it was just awful. But can someone explain how the "forsaking" part works? If Jesus is god, how can he forsake himself? If he's not, wasn't it the plan for God to give his only begotten son to have the shittiest weekend ever for your sins? In that case, this is collusion, not abandonment, right? Or did Jesus not know? How could he not? (And it would make Judas a necessary part of the plan, and maybe the most loyal character in the story, knowing how he would be portrayed later).

Is the substitutional atonement only "activated" if Jesus is unaware of his own plan? How can he keep his own plans from himself? His character seems to have a moment of psychic prediction at the last supper.

I find this whole thing very convoluted and confusing.

This is the reason why it is diffcult for you and your likes to believe what God did for humanity through Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 KJV

(3)But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

[5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

[6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by TeamSimple(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
A sacrifice to end all sacrifice
..problem though, while will God, sacrifice his son to himself to appease himself, so that he can forgive his servants..
There god started the act of show off
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Mujtahida: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2017
HomoDroid:

I do not fully understand the concept. My take is this:

Jesus Christ is that part of God that is Justice. Many people (especially of other religions) find it difficult to understand the concept that though their is only of true God Almighty, He can exist in more than one form and still be complete depending on the realm of existence!

God had to lower that part without breaking the code that holds the entire universe. God did not sacrifice His Son, rather, the Son (God) sacrificed Himself to Himself - meaning that He lowered the standard of Justice (eye for eye. blood for blood, etc) on the temporal plane, to create a backdoor for mankind to regain entrance into the spiritual Kingdom of God. The new condition is that to pay-back this debt (shortfall) those that will pass through that door must become Christlike (born-again Christians). This 'Christianinty' unfortunately is not as most people (Christians, Muslins, Budhist, etc) of today understand it. The spiritual Christian has no religious demarcation. Anyone who quilifies can enter through this spiritual gateway back into Eden (Spiritual Heaven) and eat the promised fruit of life eternal.

Sorry that this forum may not be proper to fully understand this concept, but you can liken it to a can that broke down and needs a new battery to jumpstart it. Thereafter the old battery of car must be restored to newness, if the breakdown is not to be repeated! This is the meaning of Resurrection - The shedding of the blood is to avail those in need of it to get a new life.

Christ gave the blood and the flesh to His inner Disciples first before making it publicly available. He also order us to do this ritual often in memory of Him!

I wish you all the best with your Jesus Christ. I once believed in him. I gave him my life in expectation of the promised change but I realised I remained the same only with more guilt and condemnation and cognitive dissonance wracking my soul. I took my life back and I am happier. I don't need no savior. Cheers
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by thinkmoney(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
..problem though, while will God, sacrifice his son to himself to appease himself, so that he can forgive his servants..
Universal justice demands to correct a wrong, you have to give back what was taken.
Mankind had failed, and they were doomed for destruction. But Gods love couldn't just allow him leave the work of his hand to this terrible fate. And his sense of justice couldn't let him act like a totalitarian and just close his eyes and reset everything. Remember, there are "clouds of witnesses" including angels and demons around.
If he just cancel man sin, angels maybe could have been having doubts in their mind that God doesn't stick to his laid down rule. Demons might have felt justified about their revolt and maybe even think their sin as well wouldn't be punished.
Jesus knowing the mind of God,willingly gave his perfect and everlasting life as a ransom so Mankind can get the perfect and everlasting life they lost back.
You see the wisdom and love of God.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Zenithpeak(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=55611396]I reject the idea that Jesus "died" for anybody's sins or any other reason (many bad arguments here) specifically because if you die horribly on the strangely-named "Good" Friday and then come waltzing back out according to the story on Sunday afternoon, you haven't "died". But people don't like it when I rephrase it to "Jesus had the shittiest weekend ever for your sins." I'm not even sure how bad the rest of his weekend was. Was he strolling around in hell? Chilling with his dad/himself/petting zoo/aviary?

Like many others, I don't mean to minimize the suffering of everyone who was crucified, including this guy. While not the most terrible way to die that I can think of, I'm sure it was just awful. But can someone explain how the "forsaking" part works? If Jesus is god, how can he forsake himself? If he's not, wasn't it the plan for God to give his only begotten son to have the shittiest weekend ever for your sins? In that case, this is collusion, not abandonment, right? Or did Jesus not know? How could he not? (And it would make Judas a necessary part of the plan, and maybe the most loyal character in the story, knowing how he would be portrayed later).

Is the substitutional atonement only "activated" if Jesus is unaware of his own plan? How can he keep his own plans from himself? His character seems to have a moment of psychic prediction at the last supper.

I find this whole thing very convoluted and confusing.[/quote

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 KJV

(3)But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

[5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

[6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is the reason why it is diffcult for you and your likes to believe what God did for humanity through Christ. Satan is at work to bind your soul to himself.

But I pray the Lord will librate you by his mercy.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by TeamSimple(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2017
jeeqaa7:
So I am Glad.. Extremely happy.. He did this for me. He cleared my doubt. He broke protocols . He stunned us all
He died. Asin died completely
Not for His Crime. Not for something He did but something I did. He set the standard for Love.
Against all odds
He rose.. He is back and this time .
He comes Triumphant.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.
I am a witness and I feel different.
I feel Good
Christ is Risen.
You as confused as Paul who wrote the Bible.. If you believe God had to die so he could forgive the sins of the world.

Or is it possible I use my entire life savings to buy a car I already own?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by mmsen: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2017
This thread gives me hope for Nigeria/Nigerians.

Continue to keep your eyes open and to voice your opinion when someone or a group of people are talking nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by jeeqaa7(m): 11:13am On Apr 16, 2017
TeamSimple:

You as confused as Paul who wrote the Bible.. If you believe God had to die so he could forgive the sins of the world.

This woman's fate awaits you

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by jeeqaa7(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
TeamSimple:

This woman's fate awaits you.

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by TeamSimple(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=Zenithpeak post=55613251][/quote]
All I wanna know is if there is anyone else responsible for forgiving of sins except God?

And were sins not ordinarily forgiven before the whole crucification saga came up?

1 Like

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Adulphus(m): 11:15am On Apr 16, 2017
dalaman:
It's nothing but human sacrifice . According to the tale God sacrificed himself unto himself.

Christ is not GOD Oga!

Why will God even sacrifice his Only Son to appeal himself?
Those that make any sense?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2017
kilo4sure:

Lol, being a Christian, is it about celebrating Christmas? this is a new one.
you're deceiving yourself
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

He existed before he "took on flesh" I'm not sure I understand your question correctly though
so after he started existing in flesh who now govern the world
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by mpowa(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2017
realestniggah:
isn't it weird that God has a son when he doesn't have a wife..so you telling me God just created Jesus and decided to name him his son..what makes Jesus different from the rest of the other creation he had made
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. (1 Cor 2:14.)
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2017
Adonis3:
LMAO... Is GOD bound by a law??
The subject of the law here obviously isn't God. He's the law-giver. You're trying to obfuscate the whole argument.

Adonis3:
Niggga listen, the ONLY reason I'm scared of death is because of the thought of NOT WAKING UP AGAIN

So you mean you go to sleep each day feeling scared of not waking up. Not one of 7 billion people on earth believes that, even you. But I can say that most of your day you go to bed thinking about the 'morrow.

But like I said, when death stares you in the face, you'll have a rethink about the relationship between death and sleep.
Death is one of the greatest questions humanity as a whole has meditated on. The fact that it is inevitable doesn't diminish its dread. Forget what you see on tv about "brave" people standing up to death. I think you're enlightened enough to know that tv only cares to appeal to human fantasy about life.

Adonis3:
Oh please, the writer was only careful to defend whatever he was saying ahead of the criticism that he knew was sure to rise.. Just to give people like you something to say. Bitter truth.

He wasn't speaking in anticipation of future attack. He was addressing what was happening in his day.

But that aside, the salvific work of Jesus remains
“A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” 1Pet 2.8.

Scripture says elsewhere
Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed." Luke 20.18
Jesus is that stone and that rock. Do not stumble on him today, else he will fall on you when the judgment comes.

I pray the Lord enlightens you to see the evil of sin and death. Short of that, you cannot see past your logic.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by thinkmoney(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2017
HomoDroid:

I do not fully understand the concept. My take is this:

Jesus Christ is that part of God that is Justice. Many people (especially of other religions) find it difficult to understand the concept that though their is only of true God Almighty, He can exist in more than one form and still be complete depending on the realm of existence!

God had to lower that part without breaking the code that holds the entire universe. God did not sacrifice His Son, rather, the Son (God) sacrificed Himself to Himself - meaning that He lowered the standard of Justice (eye for eye. blood for blood, etc) on the temporal plane, to create a backdoor for mankind to regain entrance into the spiritual Kingdom of God. The new condition is that to pay-back this debt (shortfall) those that will pass through that door must become Christlike (born-again Christians). This 'Christianinty' unfortunately is not as most people (Christians, Muslins, Budhist, etc) of today understand it. The spiritual Christian has no religious demarcation. Anyone who quilifies can enter through this spiritual gateway back into Eden (Spiritual Heaven) and eat the promised fruit of life eternal.

Sorry that this forum may not be proper to fully understand this concept, but you can liken it to a can that broke down and needs a new battery to jumpstart it. Thereafter the old battery of car must be restored to newness, if the breakdown is not to be repeated! This is the meaning of Resurrection - The shedding of the blood is to avail those in need of it to get a new life.

Christ gave the blood and the flesh to His inner Disciples first before making it publicly available. He also order us to do this ritual often in memory of Him!

My brother for your sake and others, pls stop propagating the teaching of the Devil unwittingly. The bible clearly teaches that God and Jesus are two different being God his the FATHER, while Jesus is the SON.
To further understand this, the story of Abraham and Isaac was a pointer to the sacrifial death of Christ.
Was Isaac the same as Abraham? Did they have the same authority?
The king James version as some shortcomings about its translation. Its an old translation, written in an old English language and at a time when ability to research as not improve to the level we have now.
Mind you the original word of God is unchangeable and it influence never wane.
I love you.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Horus(m): 11:23am On Apr 16, 2017
If he died for your sins, why are you still a sinner?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by atoleybaba(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
very simple Buh sadly ur church didn't teach u...dy only focused on tithe....visit jw.org and find d answer dre or if u want me to give u d answer u could mention me
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by atoleybaba(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
realestniggah:
who is d father of computer? Buh Charles gabbage(abi werrin be his name) Buh he no get wife how he take born computer?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by dingbang(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
Adonis3:

Anyone who calls the "Death" of Jesus the "greatest" gift and sacrifice ever is only deceiving himself.

Oh yes, he was God's only son. But then, he allowed him to die knowing he had the power to raise him.

Doesn't seem like a sacrifice to me.

#Adonis3HasSpoken
death has no power..... He is d first born of all creation...
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Raintaker(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2017
Adonis3:

Anyone who calls the "Death" of Jesus the "greatest" gift and sacrifice ever is only deceiving himself.

Oh yes, he was God's only son. But then, he allowed him to die knowing he had the power to raise him.

Doesn't seem like a sacrifice to me.

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Which one that guy be self according to xtains.
Na God or Son of God?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 16, 2017
dalaman:
I don't get you who is jesus and who is God?
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2017
I just don't know some say jesus is the same as angel micheal some say he is God himself some say he is the son of God make una chose one na
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by atoleybaba(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Christians are yet to explain to me why God cannot just forgive without sacrifices (animal, or human)
Why Did the Law Require
Sacrifices?
“The soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself
have put it upon the altar for you to make
atonement for your souls.”— LEVITICUS 17:11 .
GOD made provision for individuals and for the nation as a
whole to atone for their sins by means of sacrifices, or
offerings. According to the Law, anyone committing a sin
had to rectify the wrong and then present to Jehovah an
appropriate offering. Various sins required specific
offerings, and these provided a measure of relief from guilt.
— Leviticus 5:5-7 .
On one day each year—Yom
Kippur—the high priest
entered the Most Holy of the
temple with the blood of
sacrifices made for his own
sins and for those of the
people. (Leviticus 16:11,
14, 15 ) This and the other
ceremonies on that day gave
everyone a feeling of relief
from the accumulated burden
of guilt for all the past year’s
sins. Without pouring out the
blood of the sacrificial animal,
no forgiveness could take
place “because it is the blood
that makes atonement.”—
Leviticus 16:30; 17:11 .
Why does God not just forgive us
outright?
Jehovah is willing to forgive “in a large way.” ( Isaiah 55:7 )
But he will never rescind his moral laws. Since God
respects his own perfect standards, he cannot simply ignore
our imperfections and sins. “The Rock, perfect is his
activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness,
with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is
he.”— Deuteronomy 32:4 .
Ask yourself: ‘What would happen to society if the
authorities just pardoned all criminals and released them
from jail? What would happen to the entire universe if God
suddenly rescinded his physical laws, such as the law of
gravity?’ His moral laws are equally important.
So if no imperfect human could carry out the Law perfectly,
what kind of sacrifice is needed to cover our sins?

Jw.org for more info
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2017
God gave birth to himself. He killed himself by sacrificing himself to himself in order to save some of his creatures. He resuscitated himself after a couple of days.

He will punish some of those creatures who refuse to accept that he gave birth to himself and killed himself.

Or that God gave birth to a son whom he allowed to be killed and resuscitated after a few days just so that some people may be forgiven.

The drama na wa

4 Likes

Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2017
TeamSimple:

You've kept it very simple.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 16, 2017
aalangel:

Brother, Jesus is not a human being.

This doesn't change anything.
Re: Is The Crucifixion Not Synonymous To Human Sacrifice? by aalangel(f): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Activa:

This doesn't change anything.
That means you don't understand your question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Train Your Dragons – Killing Pet Sins Before They Kill You / Judas And Demas: Examining Verses People Use To Say One Can Lose His Salvation / Where Is My God-given Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.