Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97834 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Thrace magical shield held out against the tentacles keeping them from touching him. But as more tentacles joined the others, the shield caved in under the pressure and it collapsed. Then the tentacles circled his body, grabbing his hands, torso and legs, constricting and squeezing him. The energy tentacles felt as cold as ice the moment it touched his body. The pressure held down his chest, breathing was becoming more difficult and his body was getting numb from the cold.
He searched through his mind for a counter spell for the black energy tentacles. He remembered a particular part of a spell in the pages of that forbidden spell book. As he prepared to pronounced the words, a single tendril of the black energy shot out of the black sphere circling his neck and mouth effectively cutting off his speech. Khaufir may have anticipated his move and taken the step to seal his mouth. That is one disadvantage of the forbidden spell, they are based on spoken words, it takes speech to unlock their powers. He tried raising up his magical shield mentally but each time the shield is built, it collapses when it comes in contact with the black tentacles. He felt nauseous and giddy as the pressure of the circular tentacles holding him continued to increase. He felt pains on all his joints and would have screamed if his mouth hadn’t been covered. Just then he saw a hazy image some steps behind Khaufir. His eyes find it difficult to focus due to the pains hitting him from every part of his body. But his sight cleared enough for him to notice that what he is seeing is Meera, Jarrael’s sister standing behind the priest with a bow and arrow on her hands turned towards the back of the priest.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
No, Thrace wailed within him, that lady doesn’t understand the kind of danger the priest is. She will only endanger herself if she dare attack the priest.
Meera could see the fear and concerns on Thrace’s face, trying hard to signal her to get away. She smiled within herself because she knows the acolyte is not aware of a trick she have to deal with the priest. She had looked up after Gamba’s breathing became steady and the healing draught taking effect to see how other of her companions were doing. Her brother seem to be holding his own, barely against the Muk-Anolis he is facing but when she turned to the acolyte, she noticed that Thrace wasn’t doing so well against the priest. Fear gripped her as she saw the black energy tentacles grabbing Thrace and holding him almost immobile. The acolyte seem not to be able to shake off what was holding him, so she had gripped her bow and an arrow raced towards them.
Gladly the priest’s back was turned to her, he was concentrating on killing Thrace. She intend to take advantage of that oversight and deal the priest a deadly blow. This time she wasn’t using just the arrow only, at the head of the arrow she had tied a tiny vial at it so that when the arrow strikes the priest, the vial will broke on contact and splashing its content on the priest.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
The vial contains a very potent acidic liquid. She had prepared the acidic liquid from a combination of two materials, one from the acidic gel from the salt sea green mollusk, an acidic and poisonous liquid. The other material is from the metallic red rocks of the shallow Valley North of Gondola. With the combination of these two materials, Meera had produced one of the strongest corrosive liquid on Ghemmaria. This she intends to use on the priest. A smile curled up her lips knowing what effect and damage it can do to the priest’s body. On her personal test of the liquid, she had seen the liquid eat through wood, stone and iron with equal ease.
She pulled hard on the string of her bow, lifted the head of the arrow a bit higher, compensating for the weight of the vial tied to the head of the arrow. She shot the arrow directed it at the priest. She had only one fear, hoping strongly that the spherical energy around her target is not a magical shield. The arrow went in through the sphere struck the priest at his back, the vial exploded spraying the liquid all over the priest. A sound like the tortured hiss of a serpent, undulating and chilling in its noise came from the priest as the liquid spread all over his body. The liquid started to melt the newly created flesh, poisoning it and corroding the body.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
The pains hitting the priest made him loose concentration of the spherical energy around him which disappeared along with the tentacles from it. But the ones already holding Thrace remained. Still a bit of relief was given to him and he took advantage of the respite to deepen his mediation concentrating and with a mental push generated an intense light,. With a suddenness the light blazed from him, bright and the black tentacles holding him disintegrated. Thrace collapsed on the ground due to increased exhaustion. As he looked up at the priest he was horrified at what he saw and all that can come out of his mouth was “No. “
“You insignificant gnat, you dare attack me? “ The Nemphis priest screamed as he turned to face Meera. His boiling and melting flesh had started to heal and mend as the power in his body negated the effect of the acidic liquid on him. Meera did her best to swallow her fear as she noticed that her attack had failed.
Before she could moved, the priests lifted his hand towards her, red fire blazed from his open palm and struck her knocking her off her feet.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2017
“No! “ Thrace screamed and lashed out with a light blast that hit the priest but it hardly fazed Khaufir, as the depleted strength of the acolyte didn’t allow the blast to have enough power behind it.
“I haven’t forgotten about you boy, just needed to deal with a certain pest and then return to you. “ said Khaufir as he turned away from the squirming body of Meera on the floor, facing the totally exhausted Thrace. “Hope you are ready to die now? “ Without waiting for a reply he pointed all his ten fingers at the acolyte releasing bright lightning bolts which struck him.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
This priest is becoming a pain in the ass...nice work man
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Will this priest just die already!!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
E tire me oh,he jst the show himself
XclusiveDee:
Will this priest just die already!!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
Damibiz:
E tire me oh,he jst the show himself
Hahahahaha well Jarrael and his group seem to have met their match. They've been having it too easy before now. I'm sure Thrace's pride would have suffered a crushing blow, just hoping it is only his pride that will die and not his life... grin
Oooooo this just gives me a nasty idea... Maybe I should allow.... Oh let me keep it a secret grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
That guy dont hv to die...ok,that priest is going down life
Apollux:

Hahahahaha well Jarrael and his group seem to have met their match. They've been having it too easy before now. I'm sure Thrace's pride would have suffered a crushing blow, just hoping it is only his pride that will die and not his life... grin
Oooooo this just gives me a nasty idea... Maybe I should allow.... Oh let me keep it a secret grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
That guy dont hv to die...ok,that priest is going down for good
Apollux:

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
That guy dont hv to die.ok,that priest is going down for good
Apollux:

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 12:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Thrace doesn't stand a chance in this fight and sadly i see him going down...but i dunno what can kill this evil priest!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by ADECULATE(f): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2017
Apollux:

allow wat Apollux?, abeg oo make thrace no die jare
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by itsandi(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
Interesting... Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Auric(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Apollux.....

chai! I read your stories and am like where this guy take dey get him inspiration becos this one pass the renowned kwale weed own o ooo. Please I want to smoke what you are smoking.

thumbs up man I am in awe
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Jarrael backed away a bit from the Muk-Anolis, feeling the hands holding his scimitars dragged as if weighed by stones. This is one of the longest and most difficult fight he had ever been involved in, taxing his mind and strength. To say he is tiring is a huge understatement. If not for the protection of the magical chainmail under his clothes, he would have been cut to pieces. His clothes have multiple slashes showing areas on his body that he had received cuts. The blades may not have penetrated his chainmail, still he feels pains and welts on his whole body.
It wasn’t all bad news though as the Muk-Anolis shows signs of Jarrael’s skills and proficiency as a fighter with several lines of cuts bleeding dark colored liquid marked its body. The silver colored chest plate armor has cracked up from constant cuts from Jarrael’s blade and the upper part of it has fallen off exposing the lighter color of the lizard man’s chest.
That is the only chance that Jarrael can see of winning this fight. That is easier said than done as the Muk-Anolis has shown no single sign of tiredness nor the multiple injuries inflicted on it weakening nor slowing his movement. They circled each other silently, both combatants looking at one another for new openings that had previously not been exploited. They came at each other with flurry of moves, hands blurring, as the weapons they held moved with the speed of moves, counter moves, parries and angry clashes of steel.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
The twin halves of the bladed poles handled by the reptilian hands hammered down on Jarrael as he did his best to parry and deflect them giving out attack slashes of his own all which were knocked aside. A thought flashed through Jarrael’s mind but couldn’t take form as the lizard man attacked suddenly then and his mind had to focus to defending himself against the attack. Just then a heavy hit knocked one of the scimitars off his left hand. Deflecting the follow up attacks with his single sword he rolled in a backward flip somersault. Which kept him a little distance from the reptilian attacker. The fallen sword was a perfect ruse the Muk-Anolis won’t suspect. His empty hand went into the small pouch by his side, wrapped his free hand around a small bottle containing healing ointment. He pulled it out and threw the bottle at the Muk-Anolis. He aimed close to the head of the creature counting on surprise to help him successful in this attempt.
The Muk-Anolis was fast, as it slashed at the bottle heading for its head. The bottle shattered as the sword hit it, but the liquid in the bottle continued forward been pushed by the force of Jarrael’s throw. The liquid poured into the open eyes of the Muk-Anolis and it staggered backwards a bit been temporarily blinded by the thick liquid of the healing ointment entering its eyes. Later the lizard man scream with a hiss of pain as not just only the liquid entered its eyes, some pieces of the shattered bottle were part of it too. So as the Muk-Anolis was forced to close its eyelids over the liquid touching its eyes, the pieces of broken bottles in the liquid pierced its delicate sights . As Jarrael watched, the eyes started to weep dark blood instead of tears.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Not wasting another moment, Jarrael moved, running at the Muk-Anolis, jumping when he was close to it and burying his scimitar into the chest of the lizardman, the blade going in till the hilt, slicing reptilian skin, flesh and internal organs. He rolled off the staggering body of the creature, dropping with a perfect landing. He raced on to pick up his other scimitar dropped before. As he picked up the blade he heard the heavy thud of the Muk-Anolis’ fall behind him.
He ran back quickly to the twitching reptilian body and buried his second scimitar on the other side of its chest. He stayed on the fallen creature, watching as dark blood poured out profusely from the inflected wounds and the body stopped moving and became still.
Jarrael was pulling out the blade from the Muk-Anolis when he heard a voice from a distance shout “No. “ he turned just in time to see the red flame from Khaufir hitting Meera with full blast. His scream also mimicked the one he heard.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
With quick racing steps he moved to were his sister was fallen got there just in time to hear her coughing.
“Oh Mer, I saw that and it looked bad. “ Jarrael said with sorrow and pains ripping his heart as he held her gently in his hands, kneeling and placing her head on his thighs.
“Damn you had to have witnessed that. That was a sight I would have prevented you from seeing of it was in my power. “ she replied, her sentences been interrupted with repeated cough. “Guess I underestimated the power of that priest
“Do you still have healing draught with you? If not, I think I might still have about three remaining. “
“Yes Kez, I already swallowed most of it. But… “ her a prolonged fits of coughs prevented her from speaking more, as thick blood poured out from the sides of her lips.
“What is wrong? If you have drank the healing draught, you should be healing now. But you are still bleeding. “ Jarrael felt real fear for the first time in a long time.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
After a while, her chest heaving and mouth whizzing with slow breath, she spoke. “I didn’t get it initially but now I think I do, recalling the story of your first encounter with that priest. “
Looking a little distance from where he was kneeling holding his sister, he watched as the Nemphis priest continued to attack Thrace with repeated blast of lightning but that didn’t bother him as much as his sister. “What was it about that encounter? “
“Recall that you were struck by a red colored flames by the priest. “ Meera said her voice becoming weaker. “Although you were only struck partially and was able to dodge most of the flames, still the healing ointment you took at first wasn’t able to totally heal you till you stumble into my place and I had to administer the more potent healing salve with me. “ Her body tremble and shivered as if she was freezing but her skin was way hot beyond normal.
“Try not to speak much, just try and rest for now till the healing draught you have taken has finished its work. “ Jarrael spoke slowly with concern.
“That is what I’m trying to tell you Kez, “ she said smiling with some effort her face showing the strain on her. “I don’t think I will make it through this one. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
“Please don’t speak such nonsense, you will get better since you have taken the healing draught. “ he took his time to look around her searching for an empty vial or bottle, to be sure she has taken the healing draught and not lying to him. He saw three broken and empty vials, so she had really taken the draught then but why is she not healing?
“I realized that the red flame from this priest poisons the body on contact and also that poison have a certain ability to negate healing magic, at least to a large extent. “ Meera’s voice was sounding a little above a whisper now as she continued to weaken. “When you were hit at first by the red flame, it only touched you partially and your magical chainmail prevented it from really going deeper . Even then it had poisoned your, how be it a little, still at that it had prevented the first healing ointment you took from totally healing you. You would have still died if I had not use a stronger one. But I took a full blast of it, so I don’t see myself surviving. “
“No, you won’t die, I still have some healing ointment, take mine, it will help. “ Jarrael spoke as tears dropped from his eyes.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
“They won’t help. My healing draught is much more potent than yours. One should have been enough to heal me under normal circumstances but I took three, still the poison continues to spread. In fact it is the healing draught that had kept me alive till now. “
“Mer you can’t die, not now. I won’t let your. I promised Da and Ma to always look after you. “
“Oh that you have done perfectly, both as a child and a man. You never failed in that.” Coughing more and spewing out thicker blood, she continued. “But this time, it’s not within your power to do so. If Thrace was here, he might be able to help me, though I doubt it. As you can see at the moment he is barely keeping himself alive. “
“Alright just stay with me, I can go and face the priest while Thrace can come here to help you.”
“No” Meera said suddenly, holding his arm and pulling him closer . “You will just throw your life away for nothing, you won’t last beyond a moment against that priest. Besides it’s already too late for me. “
“Please stop saying that, you won’t die, not yet not now. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
“Oh you are such a sweet brother, always. But you already know I will. “ Looking at his brother’s face, she felt really sad and helpless at the pains and anguish there, knowing it was all for her. This is the first time after her slavery she had truly felt helpless. “Kez look at me and promise me. “
With the silent cry choking his voice, he replied. “I will do anything for you Mer. “
“Promise me you will go on living, you won’t allow my passing to ruin your life. You will be strong and keep going. “
Jarrael nodded his assent not trusting his voice to speak.
“Don’t forget to go after Tarikh, for all he stole from us. “
“I will. “ Jarrael said, his face hardening but tears dropping down his eyes in a continues flow.
“Funny though, seems the gods or fate or what ever rules the universe these days had ordained you to be a loner. Still I take seeing you again as a gift that I may not have deserved. “ A sudden spasm hit her as she coughed for a long time and her voice when she next spoke was in whispers. “Glad I had the time to seeing again and I’m happier spending my last moments in your hands. Still wished it may… “ her body stiffen suddenly.
Looking at her Jarrael saw she had stopped moving, her breathing chest stilled and her eyes closed. He screamed, wailed, his heart felt like it was been torn apart. His body trembled with pains, impotent rage, loss and gloom. Her dead body was still and instead of getting cold, it was feeling warmer. The warmth from the body increased till it became hot, getting too hot like a boiling liquid. Still Jarrael held her. As the heat increased, her fair skin started to darken and before his eyes, the body became as black as charcoal. As the heat intensified, the blacked body cracked, broke down into pieces and turned to ash on his hands.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
"Apollux stopped typing and ran out of the Thread into hinding afraid of the stones some Nairalanders will throw at him for the latest updates."
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Sirme411(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
First Time am Reading This Fresh out of The Oven

Kudos Boss
"you da baddest "in Future's voice
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Sirme411(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
Apollux:
"Apollux stopped typing and ran out of the Thread into hinding afraid of the stones some Nairalanders will throw at him for the latest updates."

A Wise Man Once Said "A battle Without a Great Loss is A battle Against Oneself"

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
No not my Meera,my lady Thorn...why why why why why why why why why..i hereby announce two days of no update to Mourn the death of my lady...she deserve that

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
hmmmm i won't say anything now i reserve my punishment till after story ends
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
Apollux:

I swear to god u dun die today.... U killed my Meera love.... No lemme see u for dis thread again ooo.... Or else i ll thunder ur yansh... This story has officially ended... M out

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Silensa(m): 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ultimategeneral:
hmmmm i won't say anything now i reserve my punishment till after story ends

iffa catch you oga sir, your life will never remain the same.
why are you so wicked and heartless, a cold bloodied killer, a spoiler of fun, a kill joy, .............................
infact just go on hiding cos you will experience what a hungry man does to food

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Igyeseh(m): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
Oh my God.
Apollux, why did you kill Mer nah?
The only main female character in this story.
You no fit kill that devilish priest, you come kill my Mer?
Guy you wicked oo. I pray Kez to deal with you for killing his Mer.
I don't just see this coming. You are genius guy, I really give it to you.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.