Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (99982 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
After a while without saying anything, the high priest looked up. “These are not enough reason to punish me, none of them still constitute a crime as far as the priesthood laws and edicts are concerned. Also I’m a high priest, you cannot pronounced me guilty and condemn me without a trial before the priesthood council and punish me without their approval. “
“So in your perverse subtlety, you want to delay your judgement with the idea of awaiting a trial that might not convict you or achieving your goals before your case is presented before the council. Time enough to cover your tracks better, destroy evidences or escape. “
After a lack of response from Mibazar, Achron spoke. “You seem to have forgotten one tiny detail, that I am the Arc priest of Nemphis, lord of the black temple and all who worship Nemphis. I’m Supreme, therefore I am the law, my words are final in all things. I don’t need the approval of the weak Council to find you guilty, condemn and punish you. It is all within my power to do so.
“I have ruled well and kept this place safe. I have retain the purity of the true worshippers of our mighty god, not allowing other races and their inferiority mix with us. I have kept us strong and continued to uphold all things that have made us a terror to all other races. I have reigned well and enjoyed the benevolence of our god. I, Arc priest Achron, is the most favored of all who worship our lord and master Nemphis. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
Laughter full of scorn and derision intrude on Achron’s tirade. Mibazar looked up at the Arc priest, all acts of contrition and deference discarded from him. “A fool of fools you are Achron, to even think you know the mind of Nemphis and considers yourself his favorite. Your stupidity is way beyond that of the crawling blind squirming cephalopods of the black bits. “
The sudden change of attitude from the high priest knocked the Arc priest to silence. All he could say was, “You dare blaspheme? “ He noticed the attitude in which Mibazar had mentioned the name of their god, with nonchalance and lacking reverence, a way in which no priest of Nemphis dare call on the name of their god.
“Blaspheme? Blaspheme you say? Your very life is a blasphemy, Achron. You sitting as an Arc priest is a blasphemy. All your acts as the lord of the priesthood are blasphemous . I’m sure Nemphis will be sickened with loathing as you sit there and dictates to his worshippers. You are an abomination to this priesthood. “ As Mibazar words left his mouth, his face showed all the fury, frustration and hatred against the Arc priest that his duties as a high priest have forced him to cover up within him.
“You claimed to have ruled well the black tower and its inhabitants , what a blind fool you are. “ Mibazar waved his hand . “Have you taken a look around this place and see beyond your tenacious grasp to power? If you care to look, you will see that as a race the worshippers of Nemphis are slowly dying out and will soon be extinct.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nna men!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
meneski:
Nna men!
Lol grin
Yea na Achron has intimidated Mibazar enough na so the high priest come change am for him na... Lol see drama
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Dear sir, is that an update or should we be expecting more of it within the next few hours of today's existence?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
“ When was the last time anyone have given birth to a baby among us? I doubt you will care to remember that, two years ago. As the years had gone by , more and more worshippers of Nemphis have shown less interest in being joined, mating and giving birth.
“Over the years, we have been having more still births than actual babies. Look around you, blind Achron, how many children do you still see running down the streets of this city. Each year the numbers grow less.
“Due to our distaste for females and the low status they have in our society, none want to associate with them, this have also affected our men’s desire to mate with them. We have suffered more death of females and less birth of female babies. If you weren’t sightless and foolish, you would have seen that this is ultimately leading to an end of females in our midst.
“Our way of life is leading us to extinction, yet you held on to it and encouraged it. Fool, in your stupidity, you are becoming responsible for Nemphis not having any worshippers in the nearest future.
“Have you ever considered the impact this is having on the strength of the priesthood? With the turning of every year less and less people are joining the priesthood. You are pathetic. In all these yet you rejoice in keeping us pure, keeping us away from other nations. Keeping us locked up in this fenced city making us live here like dark moles in holes. Tell me o wise lord of the priesthood, of what use is the outside world to us then? “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
Mibazar paused a bit for effect, toning down his emotional outburst a little. “Nemphis is not a coward god, he is a god of war and conquest. We the priests of Nemphis are not made to sit in a fenced city away from the world, we are to conquer the world in his name and for his glory.
“ But because of fear, you fear to loose your power and influence over the priesthood, you have kept us hidden away in the black tower, your cowardice infesting all in the priesthood. You fear the power of the Council of Five. Tell me, jittering fool, is the power of the Council of Five now greater than that of mighty Nemphis? Do you think the Council of Five can defeat the priests of Nemphis in an open battle?
“Your fear have kept us away from the glorious conquest of this world and confined us to this festering pit you call a city. “
“Enough! “ Achron’s voice sounded like the roar of thunder, the din reverberating through the chamber. “I will entertain no more of your effrontery. If your other crimes can be overlooked, your blasphemy and insults will not. “ Picking up his staff which immediately started to glow green from the gemstone at the top of it. The emerald jewel affixed to the circlet around his neck also blazed, leading his eyes to shine brightly with green lights that crackle like lightning bolts. His whole body became surrounded by a sphere of green energy shooting out tendrils of light. “Stand ready to be judged Mibazar. “
“Come to me then Achron, “ The high priest responded with a vile guffaw as his eyes also blazed with a purple colored light, a purple colored energy surrounding his body and blazing like burning coals. “I await your lordly pleasure. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
That's it for today guys, hopefully will post more updates tomorrow.
So for now what do you guys think, who has the worse diatribe, Achron or Mibazar? grin

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2017
truth is that mibazar is very ambitious
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Oladim001(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
This is getting hot.
I think Mibazar would have something up his sleeve. He'd have reached a particular level of power for him to have the nerve to talk to Achron this way.
This battle would be epic
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hmmmmm, am looking forward to the fight.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2017
Ultimategeneral:
truth is that mibazar is very ambitious
Don't you think Mibazar is a bit justified in some of his actions considering the points he raised?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2017
Apollux:
That's it for today guys, hopefully will post more updates tomorrow.
So for now what do you guys think, who has the worse diatribe, Achron or Mibazar? grin
Mibazar, the guy have been patient like a viper, its time for him to strike, besides, it seems he must have learned a little from the dark book...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2017
Mrlemuel:

Mibazar, the guy have been patient like a viper, its time for him to strike, besides, it seems he must have learned a little from the dark book...
Hmmmmmn seems u r catching up. It's like u r suggesting that he finally found a secret in that book that will show him how to defeat Achron.
Em... Well Mibazar's new boldness against his lord, whom he had been afraid of before till now presupposes that he must have a trick up his sleeve... Well that most certainly is true. But believe me it's a trick none of you can predict grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Apollux:

Hmmmmmn seems u r catching up. It's like u r suggesting that he finally found a secret in that book that will show him how to defeat Achron.
Em... Well Mibazar's new boldness against his lord, whom he had been afraid of before till now presupposes that he must have a trick up his sleeve... Well that most certainly is true. But believe me it's a trick none of you can predict grin
*smiles* I guess so...
Keep it coming bro...I will vote for u in d literature section, have followed every single story of urs so far...
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
CHAPTER SEVEN

“So the bumbling intruders brought with them a half wit child mage to protect them. “ Khaufir said as he faced Thrace. “A pity, I thought one who dare oppose my master will do better. ‘
“Oh despite all you just said, I think am still enough to wipe the floor with your face. “ the acolyte replied with an exaggerated display of boredom.
With low voice sounding raspy like sands robbing on each other, the Nemphis priest said. “Your power of sorcery is nothing but cheap parlor tricks compared to the power available to the priests of Nemphis. We wields the might of Nemphis, most mighty among the gods. “
Casually with a cocky smile, Thrace looked at him tapping his chin with his index finger. “Well I wouldn’t know about that so can’t argue with your logic even if it is hopelessly flawed. So answer me this, mighty priest, how come Nemphis is the mightiest of the gods and yet he was kicked off this world and prevented from returning. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
“Blasphemer! “ Khaufir cried, he voiced raised high sounding like a strained screech. “You will pay for such insolence by your death. “ Both of his hands blazed with purple colored energy, stretching them towards the acolyte, the energy shoot at him like forked fingers of purple lightning.
Thrace lifted his hand with palms open wide, he caught the purple lightning directed at him. As the bolts touched his palms, they blazed for a while and went off as he closed his his palm. “An entertaining display of light show. Anyway I’m not impressed though cause I have seen it before. “ Opening his hand, the same type of purple lightning flew from his palm back to the priest. “Here, take it back let me see if it will impress you. “
The jagged lightning bolts all struck the priest, hitting him with bright sparks and immediately winking out. “So you have comprehend the purple light strikes and maybe encountered it while dealing with less powered followers. But I am a priest so turning the purple lightning back to me won’t harm me. It came from me so cannot hurt me. “
“Borrriiing. Please can we do something else? Like really getting to kick you posterior for a gag. “ Thrace winked at the priest.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
“ Alright then stripling I will oblige you. “ Khaufir started mumbling words in the normal arcane language of the higher echelon of the priests of Nemphis. A language that the regular priests are forbidden to know except the high priests. But Mibazar had secretly taught him that hidden language and the power that language commands. He formed his hands in the intricate symbols that accompanying the arcane speech. Just then an amber colored image began to take form around him. It was at first translucent then it began to form solid shape and grow. It took on a sinuous shape. When it fully formed it appeared like a flaming snake. It is an ancient creature that had become extinct, the fire serpent that once proliferate the fiery pits around Krager’s mountain. They were ferocious creatures that terrorized the countries around the mountain side, till they were all hunted down and killed.
This shape, though having the full likeness of a fire serpent was not of solid flesh but a creature of pure energy having fire blazing round its amber colored form. Just like the fire serpent, it has the face of a snake, two bulging eyes, wide mouth with four prominent fangs and a black forked tongue. The flaming snake reared its head lifting itself up easily getting to the height of five grown men, it faced the acolyte and attacked. Its mouth opening and spewing a gush of flame flowing like liquid fire.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
Quickly, Thrace lifted his hand raising up a magical shield that deflected the attacking fire. Though the shield prevented the fire from engulfing the acolyte, still the flame continued to pour around him, circling the spherical shield in which Thrace was protected. Sweet started breaking out of his brow as the heat continued to build around the shield, though the shield protected him from the flames but the heat penetrated the shield. Thrace searched his mind quickly for the proper counter spell to the deal with this threat. Something crossed his mind, a particular summoning he learnt recently from the book of forbidden spell.
As the heat continued to build within the shield and the sweat running through his body, he started to speak the words of the forbidden spell. The language wasn’t familiar to him, still he spoke the words allowing it to fill his being. As the spell build around him, the building heat within the sphere vanished and was replaced with numbing cold. As Thrace opened his eyes, he saw a ghostly image forming beside him. Soon it started to take form looking more solid. The image was serpentine in appearance too but has the color of ice. It was the image of the ice serpent, that once lived in the regions of the frozen tundra of the far north, beyond the Earthwall mountains. None has been seen for long centuries now.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
The ice serpent of Thrace opened its mouth and a sudden wind blew out it with the strength of a freezing cyclone. The wind blew over the fire and the flames went off.
“You surprise me young mage, so you can also conduct a perfect summoning. You were able to bring up a perfect antithesis of the fire serpent I called up. Good, now let’s see which of our construct will outlast the other. “ The priest said as he began another more powerful round of spell. The fire serpent suddenly blazed brightly and burst into a wild burning fire which formed a whirlpool turning with swiftness releasing not breeze but intense heat. The fire rolled up and prepared to descend on the acolyte and his serpent of ice.
Thrace mind reeled on the proper solution for this new threat. He can’t just use his construct to pour water on the fire, it may cause the fire to explode because it has generated too much heat. Just then a solution presented itself to his mind. He spoke a word of power then the icy serpent went up into the whirlpool of fire. As the huge flame engulfed the icy image, Thrace uttered another word and the ice snake expanded and exploded into several tiny pieces of ice. Then the ice pieces started to turn within the whirling flames, the turning ice started to produce a counter cold wind to the hot blowing flame. As the ice turned, it melted exploding into a million drops of cold rain. The hot air feeding the fire started to grow cold and the strength of the flames waned then died down. Just then the fire vanished and so did the rain.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
Mrlemuel:

*smiles* I guess so...
Keep it coming bro...I will vote for u in d literature section, have followed every single story of urs so far...
Thanks for the support, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
I'm begining...to love this Thrace of what ever is his name....de dude get swagz oh..Apollox keep it coming
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2017
wow wow wow that was amazing, mibazzar vs d achron priest
Thrace vs khaufir
I don't know what mibazzar is thinking but i am sure he has sumtin up his sleeves, this Thrace is one annoying dude, he is trying to get khaufir so angry that d anger will take over him which will leave him exposed to an attack
oh my jarrael man missing you in action
apollux ride on
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by itsandi(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
Interesting update! Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by tunjilomo(m): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2017
Bro. Apollux,now I realize that what you told us about having a story for every place in Ghemmaria isn't a joke.Kip it up.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:21am On Oct 17, 2017
Matrycx:
wow wow wow that was amazing, mibazzar vs d achron priest
Thrace vs khaufir
I don't know what mibazzar is thinking but i am sure he has sumtin up his sleeves, this Thrace is one annoying dude, he is trying to get khaufir so angry that d anger will take over him which will leave him exposed to an attack
oh my jarrael man missing you in action
apollux ride on
Lol, well maybe but do u think that tactics will work?
Khaufir is one cold dude, he is like an emotion dead zone. The only thing so far I think that has elicited any kind of emotional outburst from him was when his god was insulted.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, well maybe but do u think that tactics will work?
Khaufir is one cold dude, he is like an emotion dead zone. The only thing so far I think that has elicited any kind of emotional outburst from him was when his god was insulted.
i think its workin cos thrace has found a way to insult the nemphis god with this

(((“Well I wouldn’t know about that so
can’t argue with your logic even if it is
hopelessly flawed. So answer me this,
mighty priest, how come Nemphis is the
mightiest of the gods and yet he was kicked off this world and prevented from returning.

Blasphemer! “ Khaufir cried, he voiced
raised high sounding like a strained screech.
“You will pay for such insolence by your
death.)))
#myobservation
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oh men! See fight! Guy give it to us as in de hot, na we de here na we get am!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by yorubadboi09(m): 1:19am On Oct 18, 2017
Interesting piece of intelligence,boss appollux abeg sama us more!!!Interesting piece of intelligence,boss appollux abeg sama us more!!!Interesting piece of intelligence,boss appollux abeg sama us more!!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
“You are quite skilled child mage, I love a good challenge. “ Forming another intricate hand signal, he muttered another spell. “Still you will still die. “
A cloud suddenly appeared before the acolyte and started to engulf him. The magical shield around Thrace was not able to protect him as the cloud perpetrated the shield. Instantly he recognized what the cloud is, a dangerous fume that just a single inhaling will fill his innards with the poison and death is immediate. Holding his breath he dropped his magical shield and with a command, sudden wind started to blow around him pushing the poisonous cloud from him. He took command of the direction the wind was blowing the cloud because he realized that if he allowed the cloud to be scattered around, chances are it will afflict his companions. So he extended his magic shield around the clouds directing it to Khaufir. He covered the priest with the shield trapping the cloud within it till the cloud dissipated. The Nemphis priest staggered after that then slowly righted himself.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thrace took that opportunity to blast him with lightning bolts blazing white hot and knocking Mibazar off his feet and slamming him heavily against a wall around. The acolyte struck again with another barrage of lightning, striking the priest and the walls behind him where he lay fallen. The strong stones of the wall crumbled under the impact of the heavy strikes from the lightning, fell and buried the prone body of Mibazar.
Thrace wasn’t surprised though as the huge stones covering the body of the priest glowed bright red and exploded. His shield protecting him from the multiple burning pieces of stones flying around. He knew the stone collapsing on Mibazar won’t really do him any harm, he just wanted a little breathing space to send his own attack. Since the fight started, he had been on defensive.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 11:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
As the Nemphis priest stood up from the wreckage Thrace threw him a concentrated air punch that knocked the priest backward, hitting another part of the wall that was not damaged. The acolyte sustained the pressure of the solid air, he held on to it as the wind pressed Khaufir pinned to the wall. Jagged lines of cracks began to appear behind the wall the priest was pinned to due to the intense pressure from the solid wind. The pressure was strong enough to have broken every bones from Khaufir’s body. But as Thrace noted, the priest body still appeared whole. In fact a look at the tattoos covered face of the priest showed no signs of pain just an impassionate look directed at the acolyte as he continued to press the priest to the wall.
Under the weight of pressure on him, Khaufir was able to mutter something and a small portion of the ground in which Thrace was standing warbled as a circular part of it was carved out and pull out under him. His legs were yanked out under him and he fell on the floor. His concentration on the solid wind spell broke and the priest slowly pulled himself off its hold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (38) (Reply)

Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / The Most Wanted Maid / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.