Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97848 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Khaufir waved his hand in a circular motion, a red colored flame trailed the move. Later he added the second hand using both to direct the circuit of the red fire. When it had built enough force he directed it moving towards Thrace. The acolyte realized the danger immediately that the red flame isn’t just a natural fire recalling Jarrael’s tale about his first encounter with Khaufir. The read flame contains very poisonous dark spell that a single touch is enough to poison the victim and within a short time infect and slowly burn the person to ash. The best defense for it is to prevent a single touch. He raised a shield over himself that covered him which kept the flames burning around him but couldn’t perpetrate the shield. Teachings from his elementary alchemy that fire is fed by a tiny component the air is made of. If there is no air, fire goes out.
In very fast spell casting, Thrace conjured a vacuum to appear before the red flames as it blazed around his magical shield unabated. With loud whizzing sound the vacuum started to suck in the air around the fire. After a while, without any noticeable decrease in the burning intensity of the fire, the acolyte realized that the red flame is not actually a natural fire but a magical one, so it is been kept ablaze not by the air but by magic. So sucking the air will have no noticeable effect. Just then an idea popped into his head, what if he can’t directly defeat the fire using the vacuum to suck the air, he can do something else.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Thi$ Acolyte of a guy is very very knowledgeable in atleast all magical field.....ride bro Apollox
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Abulor! So Thrace de form Zedicus? Is ok.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
meneski:
Abulor! So Thrace de form Zedicus? Is ok.
Hahahahaha it's like u are in the spirit and have seen my next updates... grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 7:34am On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux:

Hahahahaha it's like u are in the spirit and have seen my next updates... grin
As my babe jus wake me dis momo na Thrace i jam.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 7:57am On Oct 19, 2017
meneski:
As my babe jus wake me dis momo na Thrace i jam.
Ok, expect more updates later this morning. Will upload all the ones i typed last night. My MSword misbehaved yesterday, two pages that I typed refused to save as mich as I tried to. Had to retype again last night when I got back
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Auric(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux if you were a girl I would ask you to tell you family that am coming to see them.. you always capture the heart of your readers.

bro.thumps up
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Igyeseh(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2017
How I wish Thrace would have cast a spell on Mibizar to change his mind and stop fighting against them, but rather join their gang.
Just like confessor will do.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2017
Igyeseh:
How I wish Thrace would have cast a spell on Mibizar to change his mind and stop fighting against them, but rather join their gang.
Just like confessor will do.
Hahahahahaha i doubt that type of spell exists in the world of Ghemmaria. But if anyone can do anything remotely close to that, it should be the Gray sisters.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Concentrating a little, he altered the words for the spell a bit, allowing the vacuum to increase in size and directed it to suck the fire instead of the air around it. As the vacuum increased, it now appeared like a whirling cloud with a gray void at its center. As the vacuum turning increased, it started to draw the red flame into the gray area at the center in a long line. Soon the whole fire was sucked into the gray void and the vacuum disappeared.
“Whew what’s with you and fire, priest? Can’t you be more original?" Thrace sighed loudly with relief. “Well don’t worry I’ve got a few tricks of my own to show you. “ Arcane words poured out from the acolyte’s mouth as he waved his right hand. A green colored fog suddenly appeared around the priest totally engulfing him.
“What game is this mage whelp? “ the priest said with sudden surprise as if in apprehension. Thrace could have laughed if not that the situation is dire. He had mimicked casting the green mist. The green mist is a rumor and legend among most users of magic, Thrace bet, even among the priests of Nemphis too. Though no one can attest to its validation or if the green mist even existed, because none have seen it or been able to cast a spell of it. The story about the green mist is that it is such a powerful spell, that the mist can penetrate any kind of magical shied or ward. No defense magical or otherwise can stop it. And a single touch from its emerald cloud can melt flesh, bones and organs into a liquid poodle.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Thrace is hoping on the surprise the green colored fog he is casting at the priest will give him an opening he can use before the priest will realize that what the acolyte just sent across his way is a fake green mist. He heard an unrecognizable word of command from the priest and immediately the green fog vanished but by then the acolyte was ready.
Thrace had dug his hand into the purse at his side and pulled out a small knife with arcane word scribed on it. He brought the knife close to his mouth and muttered words into it, while Khaufir was still within the green fog. He threw the knife up which then hung on the air before his face. The knife is already linked to his mind and mentally he issued it a command, the knife responded by increasing in length. The knife elongated till it got to the length and size of an average sword. As that was completed, the sword split into three identical swords all hanging in the air. With another mental nudge, he caused a change on the three swords. The swords stared to glow and became amber colored like when iron burn in a furnace. Raw glowing magical energy covered the three blades as they hung in the air waiting. This was the main attack Thrace wanted to distract the Nemphis priest from seeing hence the use of the fake green mist.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2017
As the fog disappeared from around the priest, the three swords flew at Khaufir and with blinding speed started to strike him. The blades moved around him like a whirling storm slashing at his face, arms, torso and head. Within moments deep cuts were all over the priest’s body. Flesh been cut to bits hung lightly to exposed bones, his head has received three deep slashes that have carved his head in, with torn flesh and skill exposed. The chest and stomach were ribbons of mangled flesh. The priest robe lay in tatters around him. Still the swords did not stop their butchery as Mibazar continued to stagger with each impact of the blades with his flesh.
Thrace had realized earlier before using this spell that Khaufir has some level of protection over his body that will guard him against conventional weapons injuring him in a fight, that was why he had imbued the three blades with raw magical energy to enable them break the protection the priest has over his body and strike directly at his flesh. Thrace just noticed now that something was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2017
The swords have struck Khaufir with strikes that should be enough to completely decimate more than a score people, still the priest was standing on his feet. Every part of his body has flesh slashed bits, dark colored blood pouring out none stop and bones around his ribs totally exposed as the flesh that had covered them were sliced away. In amazement, as Thrace watched, he saw the blood stopped flowing. Flesh that had hanged as tatters over bones starts to knit, healing and slowly covering the bones. The three deep cuts over the priest’s head closed up as the flesh started to heal. The exposed rib cages with sliced flesh started to have the exposed areas cover them as the flesh that fell off began to grow back over the bones. Soon all the wounds on Khaufir's body had either healed or completely covered.
“No! “ Thrace screamed out of fear, rage and frustration. In a single act he released a barrage of raw magical energy, focused on the standing priest. The energy blasts was brilliant full blazed of amber light. It hit the priest fully knocking him several steps back. The blast of concentrated energy continued pouring on the priest unabated. The heat generated by the blaze of energy was so much that the walls behind the priest started to crackle and break under the intense heat while the stones on ground around Khaufir glowed red, then orange and white with heat them started to melt and became a cauldron of boiling magma.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux:

Ok, expect more updates later this morning. Will upload all the ones i typed last night. My MSword misbehaved yesterday, two pages that I typed refused to save as mich as I tried to. Had to retype again last night when I got back
... My guy na God go bless you. I knw the stress u pass tru jus to type a story. So in no easy oh. Any way dis your world na Baba oh. I get one world way i de work on, but guy the writer block way fall on me still de weigh me down. Ride on i de ur back.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:08am On Oct 19, 2017
Soon fatigue, both mental, magical and physical set in on the acolyte and the barrage of raw magical power stopped. Thrace felt his body sagged under the weight of exhaustion because he had not just cast a spell, but poured out the raw magical energy within him, that had put real strain on everything about him. He lifted up his head slowly to view his handiwork and was surprised. He recalled dimly that when he had lashed out, he had concentrated the strike on the single area the priest was, to make sure the energy doesn’t spread and harm others around. So the area all around the priest, both the wall and floor were glowing with the heat from melted stones which had turned to semi liquid magma giving off intense heat. In the middle of this stood the priest, all his flesh were charred to charcoal with pinpricks glowing holes in several parts.
In amazement, Thrace watched as the charred body of the priest began to crackle and break off but underneath the broken burnt area, new flesh began to replace them. The burnt flesh fell off the priest and new flesh began to spread round his body. As the renewed flesh covered the priest, hieroglyphs and arcane words of power began to cover the newly created skin in forms of tattoos, the words were written in black substance till it got to his face and the familiar heavy tattoos covered his face one more. The priest robes that had totally been burnt off by the energy blast started to form around the tattooed uncovered body of the priest.
“Is that all you have to show me young mage? “ Khaufir's voice was low, mocking and teasing.
No, Thrace mind scream, this is impossible. There is no way Khaufir could have survived that strike. He was sure that when the blast had struck the priest, it would have consumed him totally before he would have even been aware, so how has his consciousness survived long enough to keep the body together and heal. That kind of accelerated body regeneration is not possible not unless the priest of Nemphis have found a way to overcome death. Thrace realized just then that this is way beyond him.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2017
More updates later in the day.
So what do you guys think of the fight so far? Do you guys think Thrace have a chance of winning this one?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Nice update boss..but i think that should be khaufir right?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2017
Abulor! Make Thrace find cleaner clean dat tattoo for our hardcore priest body.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2017
meneski:
... My guy na God go bless you. I knw the stress u pass tru jus to type a story. So in no easy oh. Any way dis your world na Baba oh. I get one world way i de work on, but guy the writer block way fall on me still de weigh me down. Ride on i de ur back.
Yes that is normal but the best part of creating a world is that you are omnipotent as far as the world you create is concern, so you can put in anything there, all you need is imagination. Don't hold your mind back, allow it to flow. Take sometime to sit down, think about the world you are creating, come up with uncommon ideas then get a note book and write the ideas down. Well that is what i did for Marvel Chronicles world and Ghemmaria too. A lot of times ideas just pop into your head which you might forget if you don't write them down.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2017
XclusiveDee:
Nice update boss..but i think that should be khaufir right?
Yes you are right, just modified that. Sorry, a mistake caused by fatigue of late night typing. Hope u still enjoy the updates though
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by meneski(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux:

Yes that is normal but the best part of creating a world is that you are omnipotent as far as the world you create is concern, so you can put in anything there, all you need is imagination. Don't hold your mind back, allow it to flow. Take sometime to sit down, think about the world you are creating, come up with uncommon ideas then get a note book and write the ideas down. Well that is what i did for Marvel Chronicles world and Ghemmaria too. A lot of times ideas just pop into your head which you might forget if you don't write them down.
Na in make me love fantasy.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 9:28am On Oct 19, 2017
DANGEROUS PLAY!!! Ere egele. The battle right in the sacred Temple of the Black Tower won't be easy. I fear how complete this guys will leave at the end of the fights.
My Observation is that name Khaufir is priest engaging the young Acolyte earlier on but changed to Mibaazar. Name mixup for the characters I guess.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by loverboi97(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2017
Whao
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by honourable356(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2017
Every supernatural...
Magic..

Always makes a captivating stories and beautiful for the eyes to watch and the ear to hear if and only if it was accompanied with an EXTRAORDINARY storyline.

Enter a certain Apollux.
An exceptional writer in his own right..
Well versed in magic and supernatural stuffs ,swords and I won't be mistaken if I add guns too..

The possibility of what the human mind of a "born writer or a learned writer" can create is endless.

..Back to the story,
Seem Thrace is still missing something and I can't just place my hands on it. I believe he is more powerful than he might ever think or was made to believe but it is like he still does not know the full extent of his powers unlike the khaufir yet.. just a little detail.. exhaustion and fear in the face of danger might just do the trick and awaken him.

I maybe totally wrong about this but one thing I am sure of is that the story itself would end being more than interesting if there is any words like that.

Ride dude, you have my undivided attention!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by honourable356(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2017
Every supernatural...
Magic..

Always makes a captivating stories and beautiful for the eyes to watch and the ear to hear if and only if it was accompanied with an EXTRAORDINARY storyline.

Enter a certain Apollux.
An exceptional writer in his own right..
Well versed in magic and supernatural stuffs ,swords and I won't be mistaken if I add guns too..

The possibility of what the human mind of a "born writer or a learned writer" can create is endless.

..Back to the story,
Seem Thrace is still missing something and I can't just place my hands on it. I believe he is more powerful than he might ever think or was made to believe but it is like he still does not know the full extent of his powers unlike the khaufir yet.. just a little detail.. exhaustion and fear in the face of danger might just do the trick and awaken him.

I maybe totally wrong about this but one thing I am sure of is that the story itself would end being more than interesting if there is any words like that.

Ride on dude, you have my undivided attention!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dranoid: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux:
As the fog disappeared from around the priest, the three swords flew at Khaufir and with blinding speed started to strike him. The blades moved around him like a whirling storm slashing at his face, arms, torso and head. Within moments deep cuts were all over the priest’s body. Flesh been cut to bits hung lightly to exposed bones, his head has received three deep slashes that have carved his head in, with torn flesh and skill exposed. The chest and stomach were ribbons of mangled flesh. The priest robe lay in tatters around him. Still the swords did not stop their butchery as Mibazar continued to stagger with each impact of the blades with his flesh.
Thrace had realized earlier before using this spell that Khaufir has some level of protection over his body that will guard him against conventional weapons injuring him in a fight, that was why he had imbued the three blades with raw magical energy to enable them break the protection the priest has over his body and strike directly at his flesh. Thrace just noticed now that something was wrong.

OK, the story is dope....... But here, you are confusing khaufir and mibazar
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by pnet22: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
Thrace has done more than i expected and now is the time for Thrace to think outside the box so as to cast a separation spill for the tattoo . Good Job bro ride on
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
pnet22:
Thrace has done more than i expected and now is the time for Thrace to think outside the box so as to cast a separation spill for the tattoo . Good Job bro ride on
With what Khaufir can do, waking up from seemingly been killed, don't you think Thrace is way above his head? Khaufir has shown he can't be killed.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
Apollux:

Yes you are right, just modified that. Sorry, a mistake caused by fatigue of late night typing. Hope u still enjoy the updates though

Its a great work you are doing there bro thumbs up!
Just so you know every update is a hit back to back! If khaufir can do this I don't wanna imagine what mibazar can do
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
Khaufir slowly walked out of the boiling circle of melted stones. “ I have toyed with you enough, it’s time to face the true power of Nemphis. “ As he walked, black circles creating energy covered his hands and an umbra of dark colored sphere surrounded him crackling and giving off black lightning and tendrils of dark lights. The air around him felt charged with energy but felt as cold as ice. “Count yourself privileged to be killed by the true power of a real deity. “
Thrace started building up his magical shield around himself, but his latest outburst has really taken a lot out of him so the shield wouldn’t have the usual strength it should. But at this stage, he was willing to try anything just to keep himself alive.
Khaufir walked and got close to him then raised his hand. The umbra surrounding the priest have become a black sphere with tiny bits of light sparkling within. “Watch and learn boy. “ as he spoke, several black energy tentacles shot out from the dark sphere around the priest and circled round the acolyte.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dotwillis1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.