Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) (47138 Views)

Ore Falomo Is Dead / Falomo: I Used Abiola's Money To Send The Health Minister To School Abroad / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by letmerule(m): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Fashola planted flowers. Ambode beautifying under-bridges.

Itesiwaju se koko but the less privileged and those rendered homeless by government demolition policies shouldn't be forgotten.
u nailed it bro...
this administration with misplaced priority be like akin nd pawpaw...thats naija for u
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Basically for beautification and not for picnic and relaxation.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Factfinder1(m): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Tenim47:

you go school so

Read your comment again and ask yourself if it makes any sense to you Stop being a goat online
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
WotzupNG:
Lagos State, under the administration of Gov Akinwunmi Ambode, is really experiencing great transformation which we see on a daily basis. Part of the transformation is the beautification of all bridges in the state with art paintings and designs so as to take Lagos several steps towards elevating the mega city status. Below are pictures of the works of Polly Alakija, a British muralist based in Lagos, transforming the underside of Falomo bridge into a public space for relaxation and picnic.

http://wotzup.ng/see-pictures-of-how-lagos-state-is-transforming-falomo-under-bridge/

What are you doing under the bridge in lagos how back to your village haba

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by bayusman: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
Picnic under the bridge.. hmm I reserve my comment. Smh.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
The place will be a hub for selfie takers and snapchat users. Good one by the govt. Bt i blv the oyinbo wowan doing this is bankrolling this project with the approval of the LSGovt for the use of public space.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by EVarn(m): 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2017
mmsen:

Good question.

I'm glad that they are finally sprucing up Lagos using public works of art but I hope they will make use of the many competent Nigerian artists that are there.
Polly Alakija....Alakija is Nigerian,probably a Nigerian-born British muralist.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Squillionaire: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Embracing arts and culture with an oyinbo woman?
Why the perpetual inferiority complex?
When shall we reset our brains?

She might be a white English woman, but she has lived here since 1989; she is as Nigerian as most of us are.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by julioralph(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5lTGM_FlEM

Meet British painter who's beautifying Lagos

ehen na british she be? I been think say na dat half Romanian lady b4 grin
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by EVarn(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
Factfinder1:
Why was the contract not awarded to nigerians
Does "Alakija" sound British?....it should be easy to decode from the name that the lady is Nigerian-born.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

What is wrong with that?
Why should we be racist in our disposition?

The future Lagos is a city that would embrace all nationalities and people of every color and creed. That's the Lagos Ambode is building.

A Lagos where the color of your skin nor the variation in your accent would serve as a barrier to your potential.

And just FYI, that lady is probably doing that artwork Pro bono- not receiving a dime for the work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by mmsen: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
EVarn:
Polly Alakija....Alakija is Nigerian,probably a Nigerian-born British muralist.

No.

She married a Nigerian.

Look at the picture.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by TheStronghold: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ah, these things are SO BEAUTIFUL! at the rate things are moving Lagos will be a modern megacity by the end of 2yrs. Ambode is moving by fire and force!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by seguno2: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:
What is wrong with that?

The future Lagos is a city that would embrace all nationalities and people of every color and creed. That's the Lagos Ambode is building.

A Lagos where the color of your skin nor the variation in your accent would serve as a barrier to your potential.

And just FYI, that lady is probably doing that artwork Pro bono- not receiving a dime for the work.

Stop it already.
The same Lagos that discriminates against fellow Nigerians and the Oba asked people to jump into the lagoon?
Show us where oyinbos are giving their own arts and culture works to black people.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by mmsen: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
PapaBrowne:

What is wrong with that?

You should embrace your own first.

You don't make your own home more accommodating for others than your own children.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Eastwalk(m): 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Beauriful

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Alakija is an Oyinbo name to you?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Stop it already.
The same Lagos that discriminates against fellow Nigerians and the Oba asked people to jump into the lagoon?
Show us where oyinbos are giving their own arts and culture works to black people.

Oh, I get your angle now.
You obviously came to this thread to wail yourself silly.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by seguno2: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:
Alakija is an Oyinbo name to you?

Is the woman in the picture not a white woman?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Sanchez01: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ten12:
Any time u hear about Lagos in dis administration it must be about bridge...haba
Two things define Lagos; bridges and the waters.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Is the woman in the picture not a white woman?

Check up Roger Makanjuola and Olaokun Soyinka

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by seguno2: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:
Check up Roger Makanjuola and Olaokun Soyinka

Please check my question again. Thanks
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by SAMBHOSS(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2017
When lasgidi go better pass Nigeria.....

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I tire cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Sanchez01: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Neither is it a crime to seek greener pastures in the city and if the "homeless" should stay back in the villages would there have been a developed 'city'?

Government is for the people and it should have human face and not totally elitist.
You don't just move to the cities in the name of greener pastures without plans. The bulk of crime in inner cities today are caused by folks who left their villages, believing they would pick gold bars on the streets of these cities. Eventually, they constitute nuisance and see crime as means of survival.

Government is for the people, true, but there are governments in the villages they are coming from. Living in cities isn't by force.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Wow shocked nice artwork

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Sanchez01: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

I have been to a couple of art galleries before and most of them often have white folks who are more interested in African arts than other forms. Nike Arts Gallery is owned by a Nigerians and a Yoruba woman, yet you just can't stop seeing white folks, who are not just interested in exhibitions but learning and studying African Arts. That a white woman is painting does not necessarily mean it was awarded to a foreign art company. I stand to be corrected though, I am not sure I have seen a gallery owned by a white person in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
Polly Alakija. I love that woman's books. A bunch of talent. She paints and writes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by akindavids(m): 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Neither is it a crime to seek greener pastures in the city and if the "homeless" should stay back in the villages would there have been a developed 'city'?

Government is for the people and it should have human face and not totally elitist.

which greener pasture go make u dey homeless.... such pasture ain't green at all
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by EVarn(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2017
mmsen:

No.
She married a Nigerian.
Look at the picture.
Alright....in any case,she is now a Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

All these people you are calling "Homeless" actually have villages and hometowns where they could live a much better live than sleeping under the bridge and living on floating slums.
Nigerians still don't understand that living in a city has its downsides and is much more stressful than the serene environment and lifestyleof the countryside... no be by force to live for city o.
cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Well said bro.....well said....

Lagos can't and will never accommodate everyone....

I'm based in Imo and it's favouring me..... There's no way I'm leaving Imo for Lagos....Well, unless i get an offer that would blow my mind.....
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

All these people you are calling "Homeless" actually have villages and hometowns where they could live a much better live than sleeping under the bridge and living on floating slums.
Nigerians still don't understand that living in a city has its downsides and is much more stressful than the serene environment and lifestyleof the countryside... no be by force to live for city o.
you that is talking, do u know the road to your village?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by proffc: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ten12:

If the amount you spend in building bridges does not equal the amount you spend on education and energy....you ve just been doing beautiful nonsense

Your statement is poignant and your logic bias. In essence, it is fallacy! Shikena nothing more nothing less.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ameachi And Dakuku Peterside Stroll Casually On The Streets Of Port-hacourt.pics / Biography Of Prince Clement Agba, A Ministerial Nominee By Buhari (photos) / Dele Momodu Flaunts His Eight Mobile-Phones On Instagram(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.