Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,905 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) (47273 Views)

Ore Falomo Is Dead / Falomo: I Used Abiola's Money To Send The Health Minister To School Abroad / Governor Obiano Transforms Nkpor Flyover Under Bridge. See Before And Now Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
jordanriverz:
you that is talking, do u know the road to your village?

Mumu comment.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by akigbemaru: 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

All these people you are calling "Homeless" actually have villages and hometowns where they could live a much better lives than sleeping under the bridge and living on floating slums.
Nigerians still don't understand that living in a city has its downsides and is much more stressful than the serene environment and lifestyle of the countryside... no be by force to live for city o.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
EniHolar:
Nice... but Can't Nigerians do these paintings themselves?

The white lady you saw is a Nigerian as well....she has dual citizenship

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Ten12:

If the amount you spend in building bridges does not equal the amount you spend on education and energy....you ve just been doing beautiful nonsense

And who told you he isnt improving other sector?

If i call you "enemy of progress " you will vase..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by AshiwajuFoward: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Oh, I get your angle now.
You obviously came to this thread to wail yourself silly.

Oh, so you don't know that chap? He's a confam anti-Lagos iPob/pdp goon. Don't be fooled by the moniker.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ninetiethcrown7(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

All these people you are calling "Homeless" actually have villages and hometowns where they could live much better lives than sleeping under the bridge and living on floating slums with no bathrooms or toilets.
Nigerians still don't understand that living in a city has its downsides and is much more stressful than the serene environment and lifestyle of the countryside... no be by force to live for city o.
how about if the homeless had their homes and land taken from them due to economic and infrastructural development without due compensation, where should they go to from there. (Dont forget as how lagos is a city to most of us it is also a state/village to others)
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Oh, so you don't know that chap? He's a confam anti-Lagos iPob/pdp goon. Don't be fooled by the moniker.

His case is a sorry one. He's so ashamed of his ethnicity that he disowned his ancestors and adopted a Yoruba moniker.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
ninetiethcrown7:

how about if the homeless had their homes and land taken from them due to economic and infrastructural development without due compensation, where should they go to from there. (Dont forget as how lagos is a city to most of us it is also a state/village to others)

I don't understand this your comment.
Whose "Ancestral" lands have ever been forcefully taken in Lagos without compensation?
I mean like real indigenes?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by EniHolar(f): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Blainz:

The white lady you saw is a Nigerian as well....she has dual citizenship

How did u know?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by seguno2: 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Sanchez01:

I have been to a couple of art galleries before and most of them often have white folks who are more interested in African arts than other forms. Nike Arts Gallery is owned by a Nigerians and a Yoruba woman, yet you just can't stop seeing white folks, who are not just interested in exhibitions but learning and studying African Arts. That a white woman is painting does not necessarily mean it was awarded to a foreign art company. I stand to be corrected though, I am not sure I have seen a gallery owned by a white person in Nigeria

I think that we are expressing the same concerns from different perspectives.
We black people are not interested enough in promoting our own arts and culture, including investing in the research and documentation of our history.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Beautiful paintings.

But wait ooo... where are all our prolific Naija painters naw.

She is a permanent resident/citizen(naturalized), she has as much rights as a citizen
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ninetiethcrown7(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I don't understand this your comment.
Whose "Ancestral" lands have ever been forcefully taken in Lagos without compensation?
I mean like real indigenes?

sorry to butt in, i might not have facts showing who has not received compensation but this kind of thing happens everywhere, for example look at the case between dangote and the ibeju lekki community over the land allocated for the refinery in the lekki FTZ
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by frubben(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Wetin b dis one now, so book Don tire dem to paint na bridge abi the next one go b road.

U go surprise this project na 50 billion as british painter Don involve

Mtweeee
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
Factfinder1:
Why was the contract not awarded to nigerians

See ignorance.

You know she's not a Nigerian citizen because of her skin color right?

Many white people in Nigeria are Nigerian citizens.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

We black people are not interested enough in promoting our own arts and culture, including investing in the research and documentation of our history.

This Nigerian, White lady is promoting African/Nigerian art, stop being racist, she's a Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by MaziOmenuko: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
Factfinder1:

EniHolar:

She is a Lagos-based artist; she has a company registered with the CAC in Nigeria, she employs Nigerians, she pays her tax in Nigeria so she is qualified like everyother Nigerian to bid for the contract, and I am sure she won it on merit.

Stop this myopic view on things.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Wireproductivit(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
EniHolar:
I wonder o.... abi na free?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
ninetiethcrown7:

sorry to butt in, i might not have facts showing who has not received compensation but this kind of thing happens everywhere, for example look at the case between dangote and the ibeju lekki community over the land allocated for the refinery in the lekki FTZ

So the LASG and Dangote took the land of Ibeju indigenes and refused to pay them a dime? That cant be true.
Besides, not all land in lekki is occupied, compensation is for ancestral/communal rights to the land, not because they had property on it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by deomello: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
seguno2:

Stop fooling yourself, you have only one perspective and it's the same and usual hateful, bitterness and ipob perspective.

Get a life.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Charly68: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
If anybody says things can't work in Nigeria,I now tell them to visit Lagos & see for themselves..the Governor there is working without any controversy ..A great worker and not a noise maker. God bless the Governor . He empowers his people through job creation & get them busy. With the right people on the seat of governance things will work well in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ninetiethcrown7(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

So the LASG and Dangote took the land of Ibeju indigenes and refused to pay them a dime? That cant be true.
Besides, not all land in lekki is occupied, compensation is for ancestral/communal rights to the land, not because they had property on it

let me clarify, dangote and the LASG HAVE NOT taken any land, they are presently in court, claiming the trespass of dangote without due compensation and proof of original C of O,also they are claiming damages for police brutality and harrasment, and yes this land is actually a communal land owned by the 16 small villages in the ibeju lekki community.

all im saying is if these people are not adequtely compensated (and i mean compensation as to the terms agreed on in the contract/MOU) it would lead to another homeless person/people on the street without anyone knowing their story or how he or she got there.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
ninetiethcrown7:

let me clarify, dangote and the LASG HAVE NOT taken any land, they are presently in court, claiming the trespass of dangote without due compensation and proof of original C of O,also they are claiming damages for police brutality and harrasment, and yes this land is actually a communal land owned by the 16 small villages in the ibeju lekki community.

all im saying is if these people are not adequtely compensated (and i mean compensation as to the terms agreed on in the contract/MOU) it would lead to another homeless person/people on the street without anyone knowing their story or how he or she got there.

Are you saying there is no land in the entire Ibeju Lekki, the single biggest LGA in Lagos by land area, to resettle people displaced by an industrial complex of a few square hectares in size? That, my brother, does not make them homeless people, especially not if their houses are being replaced and rebuilt.
When you say compensation, what do you mean? Replacing their damaged houses, or compensation for the land? or paying them huge sums in cash (I know it is probably the later)
Do you know what is a "homeless" person?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by EniHolar(f): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

She is a Lagos-based artist; she has a company registered with the CAC in Nigeria, she employs Nigerians, she pays her tax in Nigeria so she is qualified like everyother Nigerian to bid for the contract, and I am sure she won it on merit.

Stop this myopic view on things.

Let's keep consoling ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ninetiethcrown7(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
[quote author=YonkijiSappo post=55680385]

Are you saying there is no land in the entire Ibeju Lekki, the single biggest LGA in Lagos by land area, to resettle people displaced by an industrial complex of a few square hectares in size? That, my brother, does not make them homeless people, especially not if their houses are being replaced and rebuilt.
When you say compensation, what do you mean? Replacing their damaged houses, or compensation for the land? or paying them huge sums in cash (I know it is probably the later)
Do you know what is a "homeless" person? [/qu

i used the word compensation in a generic term leading it to mean whatever they feel would satisfy their interests to their land. so compensation means all what they deem adequate in exchange to their land, be it cash, new settlement or even arable land, as long as it is provided for them in the contract.

as for being homeless if you do not have a permanent residence then you are deemed homeless from my understanding.

the compensation might take a year maybe a couple of years and during that period a couple of things can happen.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by ninetiethcrown7(m): 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Do you know what is a "homeless" person?

i used the word compensation in a generic term leading it to mean whatever they feel would satisfy their interests to their land. so compensation means all what they deem adequate in exchange to their land, be it cash, new settlement or even arable land, as long as it is provided for them in the contract.

as for being homeless if you do not have a permanent residence then you are deemed homeless from my understanding.

the compensation might take a year maybe a couple of years and during that period a couple of things can happen.
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by YonkijiSappo: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
ninetiethcrown7:

i used the word compensation in a generic term leading it to mean whatever they feel would satisfy their interests to their land. so compensation means all what they deem adequate in exchange to their land be it cash, new settlement or even arable land, as long as it is provided for them in the contract.

You compensate people with settlements of equal value + the price of their land, not exorbitant amounts. Remember in the Nigerian land tenure system the LASG has rights over every public land in the state, and has the right to resettle people if it deems it necessary.
Anything too "over the top" would be deemed unreasonable.

As for the homeless part trust me, very few Lagos indigenes are homeless most Lagosians can point their towns and family homes to you if you ask, and you didn't even get my initial point... most "Homeless" people in Lagos come from outside the state. They are unnecessarily going through "suffer head" in Lagos, when they could have a nice and tranquil life elsewhere.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by rosebowl01(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
Factfinder1:

It was. She is Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by donttouch: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Beautiful paintings.

But wait ooo... where are all our prolific Naija painters naw.

Due the nature of the CHANGE, Nigerian youths are now gainfully employed in Executive positions that they cannot stoop so low to do this kind of menial jobs.

#Enjoythechange
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by naijaguy77: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
So Lagos does not have local artists?

It takes a British person to see the ugliness in Lagos and help out
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
so white people knows nigerian culture more than nigerians, why not employ a nigerian to do the art? young nigeria artist are seeking jobs every day and lagos state is employing a British woman. chai! grin when are nigerians going to wake up and realise that their government don't care bout them?
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Squillionaire:

She might be a white English woman, but she has lived here since 1989; she is as Nigerian as most of us are.
i don't think so! she can live in nigeria for 100 years If she like, she is still a white woman! wether you agree or not
Re: Lagos State Transforming Falomo Under Bridge (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Interesting. Have we run out of Nigerian artists? Why have to contract the white lady to do what thousands of art graduates could have done?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gen. Mohammadu Buhari Releases New Campaign Photos / Rashida Bello In Loved Up Video With Husband, Yahaya Bello / Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.