Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

"My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story (1315 Views)

She's The Best Woman For Me But Not That Beautiful. Should I Still Marry Her? / Can This Be Ever True? / She Is The Best Woman On The Planet!!! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kindly note that this was copied from a Facebook post and it is in no way my story... I'm not even married yet grin

"I studied Accounting at the University, and Three (3) years after graduating, I couldn't find a job. I was 31 years old then.
Even what to eat was a problem. I had borrowed money from friends, that I hadn't been able to pay back.

I didn't know what to do, or whom else to call on. I could walk from Madina to Accra, and back, in search for a job. I wasn't getting any offers, so I decided to hang around 'rich' neighborhoods (Estate Homes), to offer my services - to weed and clean or something, anything, just to survive.

An old woman was generous enough to employ me first. She even referred me to her neighbors, and I was gradually, getting homes to weed. It didn't pay much, but was better than nothing.

Then I offered to wash the clothes of the men. I got many wives giving me their husband's suits to wash, and other clothes. I was making enough money to feed myself and my siblings.

Then, I met my wife. She had moved to the neighborhood, and had been observing me keenly. I had noticed her too, very pretty lady. But she wouldn't talk to me. She would smile with me from afar, but would not talk.
When I realized, after a few weeks, that no man had been visiting her, I walked to her gate, one weekend, and washed her car - without her asking.

She watched me from her living room, without stopping me either. When I was done, she cooked for me, allowed me to wash down, in one of her bathrooms, brought me a clean, white towel, to clean myself, and then gave me a bag full of new clothes and shoes and belts.
She had been shopping for me.

She offered to drive me home, and that was how we built on our friendship.

We've been married for 14 years, and I can boldly testify to you that, I feel safe, emotionally. Dave, on days when it seems the entire world - in its various ways, is rejecting, hurtful, saying,

"No,"

... I always have someone who is my soft place to land, telling me all is well, and the nasty lies in my head are untrue.

My wife and I challenge each other, too, push, nudge each other to go bigger, grow stronger, face our crap.

On even the darkest days, Dave, we laugh; sometimes dark, dark laughs, but it gets us through. It is, cheesy as it sounds, a ray of sunshine through black clouds.

We'll agree often times ... "Holy sh*t, the ship is sinking!", but if one of us starts to go FULL Titanic, the other says,

"Hey, it's just ice."

Or one of our favorite "ice-breakers" in such moments, as we hear the ship start to spilt in two... "Now, THIS... THIS is going incredibly well."

Do NOT spend a lifetime with someone who doesn't make you laugh. They needn't be a comic, the life of the party, nor make anyone else laugh for that matter, but they need to "get you" enough to get you to giggle... or at least try, ideally, daily; and especially, when the sh*t hits the fan.

And...

I am stronger, Dave, because it really is like people say, my wife makes me want to be the best version of myself. Without being wimpy or unmanly or putting me on a pedestal, she treats me like I am very valuable, very important, a treasure.

Occasionally, big gestures, but mostly extremely CONSISTENT little ones - always opens my door, carries my crap, will go to multiple extents to get that silly thing I wanted (a particular sex position) and NOT because I asked or expected her to, but because THAT is who she is, how she loves, or puts her hand on my knee and just says,

"Hey there,"

... when she sees I might not be doing so well, as in:

"I see you... need something?"

She doesn't slack. She always does her best at EVERYTHING, including us. THAT is the number one way my life has changed. I don't want to embarrass myself or feel unworthy of this gift I have been given so I try harder and don't give up when I fail.

Wallowing is much easier without a cheerleader.

My wife is the best woman I ever want to know - for the rest of my life."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by GloriaNinja(f): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
COCK AND BULL STORY

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2017
GloriaNinja:
COCK AND BULL STORY

Because you can't do it? Madam be easy, I know the guy.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by megareal: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
May God give all the good guys good women like this.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by babyfaceafrica: 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
What is the title of this film?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by FukngMynd44anus: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
k
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
What is the title of this film?

My wife is the best woman na grin tongue
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
megareal:
May God give all the good guys good women like this.

grin grin grin grin

Amen ooooo cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
I only came here to see your wife, I didn't even read the story. Too long and I'm lazy
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lashort:
I only came here to see your wife, I didn't even read the story. Too long and I'm lazy

Lol, not my wife o. A Facebook friend posted this today. It's his true life story. If you see the preamble I stated clearly that it was a someone else's true life story.
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by babyfaceafrica: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
Aderola15:

My wife is the best woman na grin tongue
lolz..fictitious story
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
lolz..fictitious story

Why should someone's real life story be fictitious?
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pictures or..... well you know the rest.
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by Gabrielwilliams(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
lovely!awesome.. made me reflect on my life. things must change for the better
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gabrielwilliams:
lovely!awesome.. made me reflect on my life. things must change for the better

Word.
Re: "My Wife Is The Best Woman Ever" - True Life Story by LePrezident(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
MhizTenderly:
Pictures or..... well you know the rest.

Picture if what ma?

(1) (Reply)

Have you been in a relationship with a Bipolar? / When Your Daughter Is Ugly / What Naija Babes Want In A Man's Body, Get In And Learn 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.