Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee (36205 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / How Many Men Get Married As Virgins? / Even Marriage To A Religious Leader Does Not Guarantee Perfection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
Iheazy:
Op watin happen nah. Abeg wat mk i marry my own virgin bfore dem go change there mind . undecided
This really got me laughing out loud!

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by seguntijan(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2017
I saw your wedding card; I am both happy and bothered!
1. The way you have handled people, how's your spouse going to be handled?
2. I see marriages end everyday and I am wondering if you know what you are about to get into!
3. I hope you aren't just about the excitement of getting married, have you thought deeply what this is about?
4. Have you critically thought about patience, forgiveness and long-suffering? They don't sound palatable but there is nothing you can do about needing these!
5. Hope you know that no marriage will last if we are self centered, puffed up and die hard opinionated?
6. This isn't about great companion, good sex and all, this is also responsibility of the highest order
7. I am just wondering if you have thought deeply about it, is your spouse going to be a beneficiary or a victim of your character?
8. So, hope you are ready for work? Marriage turns out to be exactly what the couple make it! It doesn't just happen
9. After the ceremony, life begins! Marriage happens!
10. Smash Proposals, pre-wedding shoots, dope or whatever ceremony are not as powerful as your combine character can make the marriage!
11. Have you ever asked yourself what happens between 'I do' and 'divorce court?
12. Stop sweeping core weaknesses under the carpet just because you are desperate to be married
13. If you aren't comfortable with it and cannot happily live with it, don't force the marriage
14. Subject your emotion to logic! Think clearly about each other and be frank enough to ask 'how far can we go?
15. Make sure your heart is clear about the future! Don't marry the unknown!
16. Don't be stupid! It is not negative confession, it is being watchful! If they don't align, don't follow! If you blindfold yourself into trouble the experience is yours!
17. It's a hard thing when marriage regretful for someone who saw it coming but refused to take heed!
18. Even if they live inside church, that's not enough, by their fruits
Selah
19. I tell you as it is, the person you chose is the experience you selected!
20. In the end, it's either joy or sorry or just there! You have the chance to prayerfully choose

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Generalsamm(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
with respect, You missed number 5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11 outrightly.....our moral values are on the verge of dying already, encourage our girls to maintain some purity, what you just wrote up there can frustrate someone and God wont take it lightly with you.
I stand with ladies maintaining their virginity anytime, any day...I wonder how the mods can even move this to frontpage self....what perception do you want us to have about nairaland, then?

10 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by mayortm001(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
Virgins should stick to their virginities o

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by newdefinition: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
ethene:

u no get talk, because them don tear ur Toto does not mean u should come here to talk trash. if ur not a virgin am sorry but the bitter truth is that u can't reverse it, it is an irreversible chemical reaction.
therefore it is a chemical change whereby new substance has been formed
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Gfish: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
Op forget the 13billion, na your mumu suppose dey trend..

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by DozieInc(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
@corpersforum.
I would like to believe you didn't intend to bedevil virginity. cos you make it sound like "virginity" is the cause of character flaws in people, which isn't true.

Perhaps you should exhault virginity and the need for the "extra oil" but your write up painted it negatively, which is not right.

Your write up sounds pained.

8 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by pocohantas(f): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
OP wat izzit na?
Is it your vagina? Anyone can encounter these problems, virgin or not. Anyway, I agree with your first point...
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
oviejnr:
Hehehe, i pray oh. Dey there, even those ones wey dey villa don dey collect. Boys are not smiling grin
True talk...but na virgin I go marry cool

3 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by UjSizzle(f): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Why all the negativity?
Is it your virginity?

The way you paint it, makes the whole thing feel like a character flaw.

Yes, people's marriages fail but at least it didn't happen because they were ho'ing around.

Pained b*tches everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by dapsonlou(m): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
What non_virgins say to make themselves feel better

Awun Asewo no mind them

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nigeriadondie: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
Just because ur kpekus has been chewed by John, Emeka, Hassan, Akpan, Koffi, Uchenna, Jide and d list goes on and on doesnt mean u should discourage those who choose to be a wall and not a door.
Abstinence though not easy remains the best.
1. Rest of mind that comes from knowing that u can never contract veneral diseases many of which are incurable eg HIV/AIDS, HPV, PID, hepatitis, herpes, genital warts.
Even the ones that are curable are often difficult to treat due to the fact that some of the strains are becoming increasingly resistant to drugs that were once effective due to their genetic mutation.
2. No fear of unwanted pregnancy and the shame that comes with it.
3 No abortion
4.Self respect and respect from even guys who may poke fun at u for turning down their request for sex but still respect u.
5. Energy and time channeled to more productive ventures like ur academics, skill acquisition and career etc.
6. God's approval
Few minutes of pleasure could ruin your life forever. If u take a trip to the nearest General Hospital and see patients whose life has been ruined by few minutes of sex then u will realize that what that lady wrote is just nonsense. U can find out more info about different STDs on google and then fear go catch u. Abstinence or faithfulness to one's partner really really pays.

10 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Some girls in here claiming to be virgins now. lipsrsealed
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by lilyheaven: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2017
Xaos:
Why are non-virgins obsessed with virgins?
But
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by AjiChris(f): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
Pheeeeew d fact that you're nt one doesnt mean you shud cum here and trashout rubbish...gerarahere!

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2017
TemmyWon:
undecided OP you can only sway Virgins by instructions who feel entitled. some remain by choice. eat your bs, I know those, I feel lucky not privileged. Your case is so bad you have to wish bad luck on virgins. I shake head

Did you read the post? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by GindoX(m): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
I don't even understand the virgin u guys are talking about.... . Ma dad told me last week he has a virgin land at the village.

I heard someone last night said "I bought that virgin car with ma hard earned money" undecided

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by profhezekiah: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
corpersforum:
Getting married

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/] All I see in this poo is bitterness and anger,God will heal U.

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2017
Many people just commented based on the title and not the post.
The OP made valid points.

If your viginity is all that you have to offer in a marriage,then you're setting yourself up for a shocker!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Omoluabi16(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
UjSizzle:
Why all the negativity?
Is it your virginity?

The way you paint it, makes the whole thing feel like a character flaw.

Yes, people's marriages fail but at least it didn't happen because they were ho'ing around.

Pained b*tches everywhere.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by goingape1: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
corpersforum:
Getting married as a Virgin has been laced with so many lies and fictions. Unfortunately many bought into these lies and became confused when things are not working as they ought for them.

1. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SEXUALLY PURE.
The bible talk of purity of the body, the soul and the spirit , the body can be touched without tell tale marks, the soul can be so corrupted with evil imagination and the spirit not connected to God. Sexual purity goes beyond an intact hymen...what about the hymen of your mind?

2. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR MARRIAGE WILL LAST
The longevity of a marriage is a function of many things that your virginity has no say about. Death, Divorce, Diseases, Disorder, Even the character of your spouse and yours has a say in how long your marriage will be.

3. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WON'T BE BARREN
fruitfulness is a fuction of you and your spouse reproductive capacities and even beyond that, barrenness has many root causes that goes beyond the couple's control.

4. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WON'T CHEAT ON YOU
If a man is not disciplined, he will cheat on you regardless of your virginity status before marriage. Your virginity can't correct covetousness and lust in a man's life.

5. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HUSBAND WILL LOVE YOU.
It takes more than your virginity to be loved, you have your own part to play and he has his. Besides, if a man is not trained or working on loving you, your virginity won't help out. A Man will love you if he choose to and the basis on which he makes that choice is beyond the fact that he met you as a Virgin.

6. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN GOD WILL ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS IN MARRIAGE
God answers our prayers on the basis of his goodness not ours. Your virginity is not a bargaining chip before God, he answers prayers according to his will not according to your virginity.

7. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL HAVE PEACE IN YOUR HOME
Peace in your home is a function of how you and your husband choose to respond and resolve conflict, it's a function of how much you and your spouse want the prince of peace to reign. It's a fuction of your triumph over the spirit of strife or the devil over your home.

8. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GIVE BIRTH TO GODLY CHILDREN
godly children are a product of training, discipline, prayers, hardwork and God's favour. Your children can't be godly just because you as their father or mother is got married as a Virgin. Your lifestyle in marriage is as an important factor in determining the kind of kids you will raise. Besides, many good people are raised by parents who are not virgin when they got married.

9. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY ATTRACTS GOD FAVOUR
God's favour is recieved on the basis of his goodness, our preparation ànd wisdom. It has nothing to with wether we are Virgin or not when we got married. Mary was not the only pure Virgin in Israel at her time but God decided to choose her, Rahab was a prostitute with a well known office yet she was in Jesus' genealogy, so it is on the basis of his sovereignty

10. As much as I canvass for sexual purity among young people, I cannot but mention the fact that God loves those who are not virgin, he wants them to live their lives according to his Dictate and he loves them just as if they have never lost their virginity.
He is not pleased with those who look down on them for by so doing they make themselves righteous by their own doing.

BY ALL MEANS ABSTAIN FROM SEXUAL SIN

DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER OR ELSE YOUR VIRGINITY WON'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING TANGIBLE.

REMAIN A VIRGIN FOR PREMARITAL SEX CARRIES ONLY RISK AND REGRETS

STOP RUBBING YOUR VIRGINITY ON OUR FACE.....there are other virtues a man and woman must have, have them and don't be foolish to think being a virgin is all that God wants from you, he wants you to surrender all your being to him let him have a say on your life.

Don't be like the foolish virgins be a wise one that has the EXTRA OIL (something beyond the virginity)

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/]

because one @boki don tear your nyash finish, you come here dey yearn rubbishundecided

useless women everywhere!

1 Like

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Omoluabi16(m): 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Many people just commented based on the title and not the post.
The OP made valid points.

If your viginity is all that you have to offer in a marriage,then you're setting yourself up for a shocker!
when and where did virgin say they have only their hymen to offer? Enough of these subtle bashings. A non virgin can also face these problems. fck sake our morality is dying and we goading virgins to go on a bleeping spree?

4 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2017
Omoluabi16:
when and where did virgin say they have only their hymen to offer? Enough of these subtle bashings. A non virgin can also face these problems. fck sake our morality is dying and we goading virgins to go on a bleeping spree?

You see where comprehension comes in. Where in the article did the Op say you should throw away morality?
Nobody is bashing anybody. I don't know why y'all always feel they're bashing virgins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by michaelwilli(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
corpersforum:
Getting married as a Virgin has been laced with so many lies and fictions. Unfortunately many bought into these lies and became confused when things are not working as they ought for them.

The bible talk of purity of the body, the soul and the spirit , the body can be touched without tell tale marks, the soul can be so corrupted with evil imagination and the spirit not connected to God. Sexual purity goes beyond an intact hymen...what about the hymen of your mind?

The longevity of a marriage is a function of many things that your virginity has no say about. Death, Divorce, Diseases, Disorder, Even the character of your spouse and yours has a say in how long your marriage will be.

fruitfulness is a fuction of you and your spouse reproductive capacities and even beyond that, barrenness has many root causes that goes beyond the couple's control.

If a man is not disciplined, he will cheat on you regardless of your virginity status before marriage. Your virginity can't correct covetousness and lust in a man's life.

It takes more than your virginity to be loved, you have your own part to play and he has his. Besides, if a man is not trained or working on loving you, your virginity won't help out. A Man will love you if he choose to and the basis on which he makes that choice is beyond the fact that he met you as a Virgin.

6. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT MEAN GOD WILL ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS IN MARRIAGE
God answers our prayers on the basis of his goodness not ours. Your virginity is not a bargaining chip before God, he answers prayers according to his will not according to your virginity.

Peace in your home is a function of how you and your husband choose to respond and resolve conflict, it's a function of how much you and your spouse want the prince of peace to reign. It's a fuction of your triumph over the spirit of strife or the devil over your home.

8. GETTING MARRIED AS A VIRGIN DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GIVE BIRTH TO GODLY CHILDREN
godly children are a product of training, discipline, prayers, hardwork and God's favour. Your children can't be godly just because you as their father or mother is got married as a Virgin. Your lifestyle in marriage is as an important factor in determining the kind of kids you will raise. Besides, many good people are raised by parents who are not virgin when they got married.

God's favour is recieved on the basis of his goodness, our preparation ànd wisdom. It has nothing to with wether we are Virgin or not when we got married. Mary was not the only pure Virgin in Israel at her time but God decided to choose her, Rahab was a prostitute with a well known office yet she was in Jesus' genealogy, so it is on the basis of his sovereignty

10. As much as I canvass for sexual purity among young people, I cannot but mention the fact that God loves those who are not virgin, he wants them to live their lives according to his Dictate and he loves them just as if they have never lost their virginity.
He is not pleased with those who look down on them for by so doing they make themselves righteous by their own doing.

DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER OR ELSE YOUR VIRGINITY WON'T COUNT FOR ANYTHING TANGIBLE.

STOP RUBBING YOUR VIRGINITY ON OUR FACE.....there are other virtues a man and woman must have, have them and don't be foolish to think being a virgin is all that God wants from you, he wants you to surrender all your being to him let him have a say on your life.

Don't be like the foolish virgins be a wise one that has the EXTRA OIL (something beyond the virginity)

[Source: http://www.corpersforum.com/sexuality/what-getting-married-as-a-virgin-does-not-guarantee/]

We know ya puna is wider dan d ocean. Don't com n cry foul here. Wu say make u disvirgin?

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by iambliss: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
I wonder what your mama will say if she sees this. Being a virgin is a virtue. it does guarantee a successful marriage but it helps with the issue of trust.

Talking about the topic like its a a vice. Never seen anything like this kind of presumptuous assertion.

7 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Justicealh3(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
Who take advantage of you?

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Thank you.

The op thought we wouldn't spot the bitterness and antagonism in her write-up.

We ain't all fools (like her foolish supporters).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by iykevin1759(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2017
corpersforum:

I agree with you to some extent. .but the way you ended it seems like you hate virgins. Hebrews 11: 4 is still my watchword

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by Jesusgirl92(f): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
What non_virgins say to make themselves feel better
you dey mind dem?

2 Likes

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by fuckboys: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2017
dhuur
Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by michaelwilli(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You see where comprehension comes in. Where in the article did the Op say you should throw away morality?
Nobody is bashing anybody. I don't know why y'all always feel they're bashing virgins.
Shut up already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Getting Married As A Virgin Does Not Guarantee by ToyinDipo(m): 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2017
To all virgins out there, we love and cherish you, keep it up!

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Impress Men / Guys Who Sleep With A Girl And Broadcast It Are Hopeless / Man Slaps His Girlfriend Twice In Lagos For Calling Girl He Picked On Road Olodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.