Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. (26319 Views)

Kola Aluko Is Selling His Apartment In New York (Photos) / Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. / Photos Of The Money Uncovered By EFCC In Ikoyi, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Celcius: 7:29am On Apr 19, 2017
A former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has confirmed THISDAY’s exclusive report on Tuesday that his apartment was one of the many searched by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), following the discovery of N13.3 billion in a neighbouring apartment (Flat 7B) at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, by the commission last week.

In a follow-up to the information provided by the whistle blower who blew the lid on the cash found in Apartment 7B and further information that there was more cash stashed away in another apartment in the same luxury complex, the EFCC had obtained a warrant from the court to search all the flats in the building.
Accordingly, it notified all the occupants of the building that its operatives would search all the flats to ascertain the veracity of the information provided by the whistle blower who works in the complex.
By Monday, the commission had searched 21 of the apartments including those belonging to the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, who developed the sky-rise residential building.

A statement on Tuesday by Obi’s media aide, Mr. Val Obienyem, said the former governor has confirmed the search by the EFCC of Flat 1 occupied by him in the building.
Responding to enquiries from the press, Obienyem, who revealed that the ex-governor’s primary residence is in Onitsha, Anambra State, he added that the apartment rented by Obi’s wife, Margaret, is usually used by the former governor anytime he is in Lagos.
Obienyem, who cautioned mischief makers against linking Obi to the cash haul, made it clear that the entire occupants of the building were also searched.
“Even though Mr. and Mrs. Obi had travelled to the UK and U.S. for speaking engagements, when he was informed of the search, he quickly sent the keys to the 4-bedroom apartment to the EFCC via courier today (yesterday).
“He even left instructions that we should allow them to also search his Onitsha residence should there be need for that.
“After a thorough search, nothing was found in the apartment,” Obienyem said.
Obienyem revealed that during the search, one of the operatives of the EFCC was overheard expressing doubt if the apartment had anything to do with Obi, citing the fact that it was the simplest in terms of furnishing and reflective of his ascetic lifestyle.

A source also revealed to THISDAY that Obi learnt of the search warrant obtained from the EFCC from his neighbour, Chairman/CEO of Zinox Technologies Limited, Mr. Leo Stan Ekeh, who has two children living in the apartment building.
One of his sons, Nnamdi, 24, who is a resident of Osborne Towers, is a budding entrepreneur and founder of the online shopping portal Yudala.
Ekeh reportedly called Obi at the weekend to inform him that the EFCC had searched his children’s flats and advised him to send his key from London so that his flat could be searched likewise.
Obi, THISDAY gathered, promptly asked his wife to send the key via courier to a family friend to let the EFCC operatives into his flat.

The Obis, it was gathered, neither keep maids nor housekeepers at the apartment and always lock it up when they are out of town.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/19/ikoyi-billions-peter-obi-confirms-search-of-his-apartment-by-efcc/

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by SexyNairalander: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2017
booked

17 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by modik(m): 7:41am On Apr 19, 2017
Good, now tell Nigerians as well.... "who owns flat 7b"?

17 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by GodProtectIgbox(f): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2017
ObiObi

They should search Tinubu apartment oooo..mbok.DAT man is dangerous in stealing

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by veekid(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
So?

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by talk2archy: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
then who owns 7b? cos am very sure you are not suspecting lalasticlala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by MxtaMichealz(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
g

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by otijah2: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
I have not been able to eat since the day I heard about this news.
How wicked or leaders are.
People are suffering heavily in the country with little to eat, and the wicked period we voted in, had the guts to lock up billions of naira in abandoned flats for years.

I regret been a Nigerian

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
gf
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by dogstyle007(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Mopolchi: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
St Peter Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2017
The Peter Obi was a Governor in Anambra state. Which is Biafra land. out side that Peter Obi belongs to PDP.

When we tell them PDP ruined is they will he talking rubbish.

Buhari pls continue your fight against corruption.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by segebase(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
b
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Buharimustgo: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
What I don't understand is the delay in mentioning the owner of the flat7B,its clear that EFCC is sheiding the owner

35 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by mykeljosef: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
me : you say you found $49m in an apartment right

EFCC: yes

me: how did you find it?

EFCC : whistle blower

me: who owns the apartment

EFCC : (refer to pic)

me : how did you get key to apartment n the safes

me: who owns the money

we can go on n on with the simple questions

while Zombies r cruising on the EFCC merry-go-round fairytale

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by dfrost: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
Don't tell us. All of una na the same. Kleptocrats - all of them.
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 19, 2017
cheesy grin FIRST TO COMMENT

this is a proud moment for me.
I dedicate this historic achievement to my paddy them and all nairalanders who gave me this opportunity and their advice on how to clinch this spot made it possible.

thank u all. FIRST TO COMMENT

lemme go and fry beans and boil ice cream for this achievement

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Tazdroid(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2017
And I heard Peter Obi doesn't fancy "luxurious things". undecided I guess I heard wrong.

Some former governors and suspicious wealth

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Chrisozone: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
So you think a business and an ambitious man like peter obi will keep huge sum of money for Efcc and whistle blowers

Smh....

Sorry EFCC
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
God please help me find someone I will blow the whistle on.. I need someone, God help me.

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by softwerk(f): 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
I hope you removed the loot before they arrived grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by MrSmith007: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2017
Well articulated public speech. You even to go into unnecessary details.

Weldon
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2017
EFCC should gives the name of the owner and occupant of apartment 7A & 7B is that too much to ask for?

EFCC is just stalling until something news worthy happens and attention will be shifted from this and becomes a thing of past.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2017
i love my job 5%

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Ehins22(m): 7:54am On Apr 19, 2017
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Tazdroid(m): 7:54am On Apr 19, 2017
Buharimustgo:
What I don't understand is the delay in mentioning the owner of the flat7B,its clear that EFCC is sheiding the owner
it probably belongs to a member of "the infamous nameless cabal"

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by lonelydora: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2017
So that Osborne towers is where all these politicians stay?

8 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by meskana212(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2017
shaddoww:
I have always had d feeling dat dis guy is a hypocrite, he always pretend to be a saint. Now da he has been busted, he is trying to push d ownership of the 20million per annum apartment to his wife
To read has never been the problem. The major problem is reading and understanding.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2017
grin
Re: Ikoyi Billions: Peter Obi Confirms Search Of His Apartment By EFCC. by shaddoww: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2017
I have always had d feeling dat dis guy is a hypocrite, he always pretend to be a saint. Now da he has been busted, he is trying to push d ownership of the 20million per annum apartment to his wife

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari Chose UK Ahead Of Nigerian Hospitals — Lai Muhammad / Attack On Charly Boy: Suspects Arrested After (Video) / Anambra Election: Yul Edochie And His Campaign Team Storm Nnewi (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.