Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash (3150 Views)

Kano Lady Finds New Lover Plans To Buy Car And A House For Him / Her Lover Of Over Four Years Just Broke Up With Her; Please Advise Her / He Was Greatly Disapointed Afta 1st Intimacy Wit His New Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by mantiete(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
Pastor Taiwo Odukoya, the senior pastor of the Fountain of Life Church has finally announced that he will be getting married. The marriage is to take place this month.

The announcement which he made from the pulpit to the congregation of his church at Ilupeju, Lagos last Sunday has finally laid to rest the suspense that had attended his next line of action since the death of his wife, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya four years ago in a plane crash.

The congregation reacted in loud approval and jubilation to the announcement.

For a long time, his congregation and a lot of observers’ imagination was held by the riddle of whether Pastor Odukoya would re-marry or not and if he chooses to, would the new woman match up to the widely acknowledged standard established by Pastor Bimbo as a life partner and a woman of God.

Prior to the announcement last Sunday, Pastor Odukoya often exhibiting an infectious sense of humour on the pulpit would tease the congregation of his church with the riddle, at times quipping that he would be getting married the following week. This keeps people guessing and sometimes confounded.

He, however, did not disclose the identity of his wife-to-be as well as the exact day of the wedding. Even when he was prodded by the visiting elderly Mrs Hilda Adefarasin, the mother of the youthful men of God, Pastors Wale and Paul Adefarasin, to disclose the date, he diplomatically declined.

The frail and wizened Mrs. Adefarasin had been invited to the pulpit by Pastor Odukoya for special recognition after he had announced his wedding plan. She said she wanted to know if the date would not clash with her forthcoming 85

th birthday in January. Pastor Bimbo.

The announcement also came against the backdrop of a recent rumour of an unpalatable vision seen about Pastor Bimbo by an elderly man of God, published in several soft-sell publications. The story generated extensive hullaballoo until finally laid to rest by a string of refutations.

In an official press statement made by the Fountain of Life Church, it declared: "We consider the said publication a cheap agenda aimed at confusing the rising population of young Christians whose lives are still being influenced by Pastor Bimbo, even in death…

"Our dear Pastor Bimbo Odukoya ran the race, fought the good fight and is right now resting in the bossom of our Lord, Jesus Christ. As the Bible states, "Those who teach others to live right will shine like stars forever and ever."

Pastor Bimbo’s legacies in spite of the recent controversy will indubitably linger on for years to come and some observers are of the opinion that it might be a big task for it to be overshadowed by any new marital relationship Pastor Taiwo might get into.

He himself was not oblivious of this conundrum. He said during a ministration not long after Pastor Bimbo’s death: "I hear people say certain things and I laugh. And some will even ask me the question, ‘Will you re-marry?’ I say I don’t know yet. But it is not impossible. They say I wonder how that woman will be. Why? Because they are saying who can match that standard? She was a standard. She became a standard to the world in speech, in purity and in love. And yet she was warm, jovial – you will always assume you can take her for granted. You can’t."

In a very recent statement during an interview, he made a categorical statement on why he wanted to remarry: "Oh yes, definitely, I have never made a secret of that, in fact, right from the first year of her passing away; I said so. A person like me will work himself out. I need to be slowed down from time to time. We were both workaholics but we had a way of slowing ourselves dow

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/31080/1/Pastor-Odukoya-finds-new-wife-four-years-after-Bimbos-death-in-crash/Page1.html
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by deluxecad(m): 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2010
Well, that's a courageous move. It's better than taking out the testosterone on the choir members. lol! He tried, afterall he's a man.

Pastor Bimbo, may her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
He's got a right to remarry. I'm happy for him.
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by sofadj(m): 12:53am On Jan 04, 2010
4 years!
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by semid(m): 1:04am On Jan 04, 2010
Good! Make I just siddon dey look whether his new wife will automatically become Co-pastor grin
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by touchmeder: 1:28am On Jan 04, 2010
Uhmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn interesting,
wish him well
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 04, 2010
interesting.

better to marry than to burn sha.

In a very recent statement during an interview, he made a categorical statement on why he wanted to remarry: "Oh yes, definitely, I have never made a secret of that, in fact, right from the first year of her passing away; I said so. A person like me will work himself out. I need to be slowed down from time to time. We were both workaholics but we had a way of slowing ourselves down."
Re: Pastor Odukoya Finds New Wife Four Years After Bimbo’s Death In Crash by onixa: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
this is the best news i have heard this year,

(1) (Reply)

Ur Advise Is Highly Needed After Reading This Text That A Cheater Sent / Men Obsession With B**bs,,how True Is This?? / If You're Intelligent... If You're Naughty Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.