Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (44405 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by jist2day: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2017
selfmadeboss:
do same to all christian and muslim orgs. including churches and mosques.
soon when i become president of naija, i will ban any form of Christianity or islam
This will eventually happen soon. The beast will turn against the harlot, tearing it to pieces.
The unholy union between the political structure and the world's religious groups will be broken soon
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Wacky lawyer, next time before calling people fool, learn and learn. World has grown beyond all those wacky knowledge. Calling somebody a fool on something you know NADA about. You think Russia answers to any fuc.king European law. Iranu
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by otswag(m): 8:30am On Apr 21, 2017
cosade:

It is disrespectful to call someone's experience a lie. This issue I raised is that "the JW members that came to my house refused to pray with me when I requested, on many occasions". You have not said you prayed with them when you met with them, so how have you proved the "lie"?

my brother,No disrespect. the lie wasn't about your experience. It is about is the false inference u made from d incident,concluding that they don't pray with others. If something like that happened, it wasn't because they have a thing against praying. "EVERYTIME" and I mean everytime I met with them, we prayed before and after the Bible studies.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by joe4real12: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Believe me if these people knock your door by 6.00am when you dey prepare to go hustle money for house rent, then you will agree they are extremists.
Read and understand what extremism is
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Zitere1: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2017
I love J. W. I hope copy copy Nigeria will not copy from Putin. I enjoy their explanation of d Bible at home on Saturday's.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by akanbiaa(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

It goes beyond valuing privacy. I ve been to many European countries so that is not the issue. Rather it is d handwork of d Russian Orthodox church who has always seen d JW as threat. Also take time to study about Russia
Ok noted but hope their Judicial system is unbiased?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by abduljabbar4(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban

I knew one goat will soon mention islam despite the fact that it has no business with this thread. You people are sick
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Maximus85(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2017
We don't sell our journals. Even if you're willing to donate and we perceive you won't read, we won't release our journals to you.

We pray. We pray with respect to the Supreme one we are praying to. That's why we might not pray in public so that people will see us. Jesus taught us to pray. He's the one who sent us out to preach. Luke 10:5,6 Jesus said "When you enter the house, greet them" Who are we to do something else.

When Jehovah's Witnesses have visited you repeatedly, and they have ascertained you really want to learn the truth, they will pray with you.

Mind you, once they make contact with you, they include you in their our personal prayers. Bro, you need to hear Jehovah's Witnesses pray.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Maximus85(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2017
jist2day:

This will eventually happen soon. The beast will turn against the harlot, tearing it to pieces.
The unholy union between the political structure and the world's religious groups will be broken soon

Bro, this is food for adults in the spiritual sense. Not for Babes, they can't understand this prophecy.

Someone with a good sense of reasoning would ask "Why are Jehovah's Witnesses be singled out to be criticized amongst all other religious organizations in the world?"
Something special must be about them.

The world would love what is its own but because we don't belong to the world or do the same things with them.... They hate us and we are not surprised... Bring it on. They are just helping us to believe the more that we are in the right path to life everlasting.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by SlyCharlie(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Wacky lawyer, next time before calling people fool, learn and learn.
World has grown beyond all those wacky knowledge.
Calling somebody a fool on something you know NADA about.
You think Russia answers to any fuc.king European law.
Iranu
Lol, u dey mind the guy?...
I was about tackling him wen I saw u had already done the job.
Nice One
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2017
akanbiaa:
Ok noted but hope their Judicial system is unbiased?
If u know Russia well bro then a lot of questions wud need to answered. Are u aware that there is great discontent in Russia, no freedom of expression and as such no dissenting voices that goes unpunished, that is a country where domestic violence perpetrators go free while d victim is punished, that is a country where anything against d state and d Orthodox church is a target. I live in a country close to Russia and u need to know how people from surrounding countries hate Russia. Corruption is so high. If u as a black man go their believe me anything that happens to u, u can never get justice. Infact it is easy to get justice in Nigeria than in Russia.Consider the links i will show u below

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/07/putin-approves-change-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence

http://www..com/talk/topic,262186.0.html

http://www..com/talk/topic,85356.0.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.naij.com/amp/41010-61921.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.marketplace.org/amp/2012/09/03/world/corruption-problem-russias-courts
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by philGeo(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2017
rabzy:
Amebo, you no go even let judge talk finish before you come nairaland.
Hahaha, please no kill me with laugh, but Guy no even give the Judge space oh.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by dragonking3: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban
There is no difference between what happened in Russia and what is happening in nairaland
Seun gives Muslims opportunity to roam everywhere even to the religion thread and allow them cause chaos but the Christians are being persecuted, banned and must forcefully convert to Islam before they can make comments
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by TheLogicalMind(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Charge and bail lawyer we are not talking of your wacky law knowledge.
Russia disregards the European Human Rights Courts like a waste tissue.
Next time before calling people fool take stuff your brain with current knowledge of things not all those wacky legalities that turned you into a charge and bail lawyer.
Rubbish.

Russia’s Constitutional Court today (14 July) ruled its national laws should take precedence over decisions of the European Court of Human Rights.
Rights lawyers warned the new ruling essentially gives Russia the right to ignore the judgements of the Strasbourg-based court if they do not suit it.
Legal experts also said the ruling could provide Russia with a pretext not to implement a 2014 decision by the court to award shareholders of the now-defunct oil company Yukos €1.9 billion euros in compensation.
The Russian court ruled its Constitution trumps the rulings of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), which upholds the European Convention on Human Rights.
“Russia’s participation in the international agreement does not signify rejection of state sovereignty,” said the ruling by the chairman of the Constitutional Court, Valery Zorkin.
“The Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and the ECHR’s legal positions based on it cannot annul the precedence of the Constitution.”
If any decision of Europe’s top human rights court is found to be in violation of Russian law, Moscow should not follow that ruling “to the letter,” it said.
Zorkin argued the decision was in line with the practice of top courts of European Union members such as Germany, Italy, Austria and Britain.
The ruling came after lawmakers queried whether Russia needs to comply with all the decisions of the Strasbourg-based court.
Russian officials have long argued that the current practice of giving precedence to international law over Russian law is against the country’s interests.
President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman said the ruling was final.
“This is a decision that cannot be appealed, as far as I understand,” spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
Russia joined the Council of Europe in 1996.
Since then the European Court has been flooded with cases from Russia, with rights advocates accusing the country of violating human rights and breaching the European Convention.
The ruling comes amid Russia’s increasing isolation from the West and confrontation with Washington and Brussels which have imposed sanctions over the Ukraine crisis.
“Before, it was assumed that judgements by the ECHR should be implemented, and as regards compensations, they were implemented,” Sergei Pashin, a member of the Kremlin’s rights council and a former judge, told AFP.
“Of course, this is dangerous. We can end up in a rather awkward situation if we retreat from our international obligations.”
BACKGROUND
The European Convention on Human Rights came into effect in 1953.
In the aftermath of the Second World War it sought to set standards on human decency.
The convention established the European Court of Human Rights to which citizens could appeal if they felt their rights had been infringed.
The accession of new states to the European Convention on Human Rights following the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 led to a sharp increase in applications filed in the Court.

Actually you're the one who is out of order my dear idiotic wannabe intellectual. The decision you referred to only affects human rights issues as they touch on Russia's national security and it was taken when the ECHR declared it to be a violation of human rights law for Russia's Security services to spy on Russian citizens who were living in EU countries.

Other areas of human rights law are NOT affected.

Next time try and put those handful of brain cells in your near empty head to good use or you'll graduate with a low GPA. If you're the kind of product that OAU is producing these days then I fear for the future of your Law Faculty. Maybe I should bring it to the attention of the Council for legal Education.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by kristana(f): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2017
Hitler did worse, he even said he was going to exterminate Jehovahs witnesses in Germany. Today we have thousands of Jehovahs witnesses in Germany. We will patiently wait for Jehovah to act.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by thinkmoney(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2017
I made front page for the first time. Ho mine, what a sense of fulfilment. My Muslim brothers, ebami gboloun tobi! Christian brothren, may una help me shout hallelujah oo.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Believe me if these people knock your door by 6.00am when you dey prepare to go hustle money for house rent, then you will agree they are extremists.
You are a lier they don't knock by 6am you are lieing just because of likes be sincere to yourself lier

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by neocortex: 9:08am On Apr 21, 2017
Nwakaumu:
This sect is good at dividing families just like they ve done to mine.they hold extreme views that are inimical to stable society,not to mention their hypocrisy and brainwashing methods.I know these stuffs because I was born in it and and left them after wasting 21 years of my life in it before I turned atheist.in fact,religion as whole is a stupid waste of precious time.

They are not different from other sects or religions on dividing family.
Here is what jesus have to say:

For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law
Mathew 10:35

So using your logic, all christian sects should be banned, not only JWs.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by rabzy: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2017
philGeo:
Hahaha, please no kill me with laugh, but Guy no even give the Judge space oh.

I have been following the proceedings online from the first day, as arguments and counter arguments are proffered. I suspected it would be a ban and it would come to nairaland and people who don't have an inkling of what is happening will just talk based on personal opinion and prejudices. The guy didn't waste time in opening a thread sharp sharp.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Origin(f): 9:12am On Apr 21, 2017
What were they in court for and why was the judgement given.

If the only heart surgeon in the world became a JW and he fell ill and could be saved but refused transfusions. What would be the impact Lost knowledge, future lives lost, the decline in the morale of doctors who could easily have saved him but couldn't, his loss to his family, future taxes lost.

For a militarized nation like Russia, not saluting the flag would probably be seen as treason or uncertainty about one's alliance.

Everybody has a right to religion. Everybody must also comply with the laws of the land.

See dilemma.

Russia that can shout war anyhow. Imagine if half the population become JW. Imagine if them force the JW go war, men you can't afford for any of them to be injured o. Cos he will refuse blood. Hmmmmm....
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by neocortex: 9:12am On Apr 21, 2017
Randy100:
In as much as they don't physically hurt people, they emotionally wreck people. They bring divison between families, they pressurised their members not to accept blood, thereby killing them, they don't vote and still want to get benefit from good governance. Do you still think that they are not extremist?

For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law
Mathew 10:35

Are you indirectly condemning jesus your god ?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by thinkmoney(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2017
nuesmann:
.How can an organization that doesn't carry arm be an extremist?Putin, Hitler do pass you.
The man fall my hand. As I take like am reach? His problem is that he is too nationalistic. His hand must have been forced by the Russian eastern Orthodox church.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Origin:

If the only heart surgeon in the world became a JW and he fell ill and could be saved but refused transfusions. What would be the impact Lost knowledge, future lives lost, the decline in the morale of doctors who could easily have saved him but couldn't, his loss to his family, future taxes lost.

For a militarized nation like Russia, not saluting the flag would probably be seen as treason or uncertainty about one's alliance.

Everybody has a right to religion. Everybody must also comply with the laws of the land.

See dilemma.

Russia that can shout war anyhow. Imagine if half the population become JW. Imagine if them force the JW go war, men you can't afford for any of them to be injured o. Cos he will refuse blood. Hmmmmm....
Yes our refusal to go to war makes us not stain our hands with blood. It is d reason an Isreali JW wud live in peace with a Palestinian JW, it is the reason a Hutu JW didnt kill Tutsi JW in Rwanda during d genocide. If Nigeria were at war with Cameroon a Catholic in Naija army fight will kill his brother in Cameroon military and both wud ve prayed before going to war. So who wud God ve listened to?
Read Acts 5:29. When d law of d land say i should go against God's law then God's law must be prioritised.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by phiszo(m): 9:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Most people here don't know the meaning of extremism. undecided
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Actually you're the one who is out of order my dear idiotic wannabe intellectual. The decision you referred to only affects human rights issues as they touch on Russia's national security and it was taken when the ECHR declared it to be a violation of human rights law for Russia's Security services to spy on Russian citizens who were living in EU countries.

Other areas of human rights law are NOT affected.

Next time try and put those handful of brain cells in your near empty head to good use or you'll graduate with a low GPA. If you're the kind of product that OAU is producing these days then I fear for the future of your Law Faculty. Maybe I should bring it to the attention of the Council for legal Education.
Ignoramus.
You stated that Jehovah witness will appeal to one yeye ECHR that holds no leverage over Russia and i countered your wacky knowledge with proven facts and cases and you are still talking nonsense.
On what basis did you think Russian Justice Ministry requested that the Russian​Supreme court outlaw JW?
You really don't know anything about how international politics and law works.
FYI, I am not even a law student, but did some law course in part two which seems more valuable than your wasted five years of studying law in your comatose University.
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by NwaGodl1000(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2017
Russia and hateful international affairs. believe me this is bcs JW was found by an American(Russell)and their fight against human right act.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by rabzy: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2017
Origin:

See dilemma.

The case of the ministry of justice against the witnesses was a case of being extremists and having extremist literature such as my book of Bible stories, which was listed as an extremist literature. Extremism as defined by the Russian law is when you incite people to violence or cause violence. The ministry of justice could not provide a single incidence where witnesses comitted extremism. All the ministry witnesses were former JW and they were asked if there was any incident where they were asked, encouraged or forced to commit an act of extremism. Not one could bring a single incident. One said he was expelled from being a JW and therefore is a case of extremism, the lawyer of the JW quoted verses where that was applied and therefore is a doctrinal matter which is not the case in court, he also mentioned that the orthodox church expelled a famous author and despite calls in the media for his reinstatement the church has not done, so would the ministry of Justice charge the ROC for extremism based on that.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

If u know Russia well bro then a lot of questions wud need to answered. Are u aware that there is great discontent in Russia, no freedom of expression and as such no dissenting voices that goes unpunished, that is a country where domestic violence perpetrators go free while d victim is punished, that is a country where anything against d state and d Orthodox church is a target. I live in a country close to Russia and u need to know how people from surrounding countries hate Russia. Corruption is so high. If u as a black man go their believe me anything that happens to u, u can never get justice. Infact it is easy to get justice in Nigeria than in Russia.Consider the links i will show u below

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/07/putin-approves-change-to-law-decriminalising-domestic-violence

http://www..com/talk/topic,262186.0.html

http://www..com/talk/topic,85356.0.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.naij.com/amp/41010-61921.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.marketplace.org/amp/2012/09/03/world/corruption-problem-russias-courts
Another Brainwashed tomboy.
There is discontent in Russia.
Tell me a society where there is no discontent.
Most Russians love Putin, minority doesn't even hate him though they don't like his style.
Tell me, is it everybody in America that like Trump?
There are people who don't even like him at all.
Russia has issues of corruption yes, likewise America and other western countries.
Forget all those media brainwashing
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2017
seeyouin2019:
Official government terrorism. Russia is indeed a hopelessly useless country.

Then Nigeria is??
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Another Brainwashed tomboy.
There is discontent in Russia.
Tell me a society where there is no discontent.
Most Russians love Putin, minority doesn't even hate him though they don't like his style.
Tell me, is it everybody in America that like Trump?
There are people who don't even like him at all.
Russia has issues of corruption yes, likewise America and other western countries.
Forget all those media brainwashing
Must u be so stupid or careless to insult yourself even if people's opinion differ from urs? Are u a ruminant to regurgitate insults? It is u who is d tomboy useless child.
U re there in Nigeria but I ve been to Russia and currently live very close to Russia. Or are ur brains washed with what only d Russian state media feeds u with
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2017
rabzy:

The case of the ministry of justice against the witnesses was a case of being extremists and having extremist literature such as my book of Bible stories, which was listed as an extremist literature. Extremism as defined by the Russian law is when you incite people to violence or cause violence. The ministry of justice could not provide a single incidence where witnesses comitted extremism. All the ministry witnesses were former JW and they were asked if there was any incident where they were asked, encouraged or forced to commit an act of extremism. Not one could bring a single incident. One said he was expelled from being a JW and therefore is a case of extremism, the lawyer of the JW quoted verses where that was applied and therefore is a doctrinal matter which is not the case in court, he also mentioned that the orthodox church expelled a famous author and despite calls in the media for his reinstatement the church has not done, so would the ministry of Justice charge the ROC for extremism based on that.

U dey mind haters
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ekanDamie: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2017
Dongreat:
Believe me if these people [b] knock your door by 6.00am [/b]when you dey prepare to go hustle money for house rent, then you will agree they are extremists.
this is d kind of false allegation that wicked people like you spread all around.
Jehovah's witnesses never knocks people door below 8:30.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances 'Shaku Shaku' At Sharon's White Wedding (video) / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.