Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (44442 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ssogundele(m): 7:19am On Apr 21, 2017
Nwakaumu:
This sect is good at dividing families just like they ve done to mine.they hold extreme views that are inimical to stable society,not to mention their hypocrisy and brainwashing methods.I know these stuffs because I was born in it and and left them after wasting 21 years of my life in it before I turned atheist.in fact,religion as whole is a stupid waste of precious time.
Tell us something we've not heard before! Now, how has your new found belief help you and as well make you a better person?
If it gives you peace and also makes you a better person, then keep on that path.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by longerthroat(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban

Monkey smart na when tree near each other... make Muslims try nonsense for Russia and see dia end one time. Muslims over there are TAMED.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by kaffyadeakeem(f): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2017
Extremist! How?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 7:31am On Apr 21, 2017
GlobalGisting:

well with all due respect to you, I'd ask you to read about Russia. America is not afraid of Russia for nothing. when u done studying Russia you will knw the devil operates directly from there.
How will she know when she spends time watching nollywood and reading romance novels

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by aftatechbiz(m): 7:33am On Apr 21, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Exactly! Unfortunately JW will not give you that choice. They will follow you, pester you, even stalk you. I don't know if banning them/labelling them as extremist was the right thing but they sure as hell are annoying
This one na lie. No JW will force you to accept their belief.

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 7:35am On Apr 21, 2017
akanbiaa:
An average Russian values his privacy, you dont need to knock from door to door its repulsive to them so the option is they do media advert and invite interested people to go to their church and about pamphlet you can drop withouth knocking.
It goes beyond valuing privacy. I ve been to many European countries so that is not the issue. Rather it is d handwork of d Russian Orthodox church who has always seen d JW as threat. Also take time to study about Russia
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by selfmadeboss: 7:35am On Apr 21, 2017
Danty37:

who will vote for u in the first place?? Bloody atheist
i am not a bloody atheist. i am a bloody agnostic grin
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by aftatechbiz(m): 7:35am On Apr 21, 2017
ssogundele:

Tell us something we've not heard before! Now, how has your new found belief help you and as well make you a better person?
If it gives you peace and also makes you a better person, then keep on that path.
I wonder o!
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by otswag(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2017
2bam:
I never like them they are always turning the bible upside down,why won't they be called extremist when a young married woman in my area after delivery she refuse blood transfusion due excess bleeding and she died.
Oga, I have had alot of pentecostal/catholic/anglican/etc patients who died from easily treatable diseases like malaria because they refused to come to the hospital early,believing that their sickness would be cured with faith and prayers alone. Many Nigerian pastors,probably even most, give the impression that seeking medical attention for any problem indicates you lack faith. Why haven't you tagged them extremists? Na all these kin petty arguments dey weak me.

11 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by debokaz(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Successobed:
Ain't this crazy though? Muslims way dey form terrosim dey kill people up and down them no ban them na Jehovah's witnesses them see to ban
Why are u so ignorant?They have banned muslims and Islam for some time now.Dont you know Russians are terrorists themselves.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ichommy(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Funjosh:
If all Christians go out and preach the way Jehovah Witness does, Christ will be happy

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by atoleybaba(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
lol, so true. I was all dressed up oo, stepped outside to close my door only for me to meet them. The man even say it himself say I know you are ready to go out, and I said yes. Only for him to say let me share the word of God with you, I no fit talk cause I no wan sound rude. At least make him even say "please can you spare us some time to share the word of God".
Lol dy should beg u to listen to d word of God...mehn u funny. Next time say u are not interested if u are not interested
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

JWs have never been considered true Christians because of their heretical views on Christ's Divinity. But as a Christian I would never go as far as labeling them "extremists", not by any stretch of the imagination. I've never heard of ONE single extremist incident in which a JW carried out a terror attack, staged forced conversion on an unwilling subject or carried on any war in the name of their beliefs.

Thank goodness the JWs have a right of appeal to the European Court of Human Rights where I'm very sure this stupid ruling of the Russian Supreme Court will be reversed in its entirety.

European court of appeal ko Arabian court of appeal ni.
You think Russia is subject to European law?
Are you a learner
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 21, 2017
Nwakaumu:
This sect is good at dividing families just like they ve done to mine.they hold extreme views that are inimical to stable society,not to mention their hypocrisy and brainwashing methods.I know these stuffs because I was born in it and and left them after wasting 21 years of my life in it before I turned atheist.in fact,religion as whole is a stupid waste of precious time.

Find me on Google+
damariox@gmail.com
We share the same story
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2017
Rather than spread lies or believe rumours about JW pls log on to www.jw.org. U can go to d newsroom section for more information bout the laughable verdict of the Russian court. That website is unique as u can read it in over 800 languages making it the most unique website in the whole world
Alterntively, when next they visit pls ask dem questions to hear directly from them rather than spread or believe blantant lies.
For those that hate d JW we are used to it. Read 2 Timothy 3:12; Matthew 24:9. It has not stopped the work from growing and regardless of any opposition, God's work must continue. Marthew 24:14; Mark 13:10; Luke 8:1, Act 1:8.
Also d idea of preaching from door to door started with Jesus and was continues by d apostles. Acts 20:20. Because of the success of of d apostles in preaching the gospel was spread all over d world. Col 1:23. So the same with JW regardless of d opposition or ban they are in 239 countries.
So for haters reflect on Act 5:21-42 where Gamaliel offered a powerful advice especially in verse 34-40. Read ur bible
We pay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar but when Caesar ask of what belongs to God our stand is the same with d apostles in Acts 5:29.
The reason why we will never take up arms is the reason an Israel JW wud eat with his Palestinian JW even though they were born to hate each other, it was d reason why Hutu JW didnt kill Tutsi JW during d bloody genocide and why d Biafran JW didnt kill d Nigerian JW during d Nigerian Biafra war.
If Nigeria were to fight a war with Cameroon ovet Bakassi each of their armies wud be blessed and pray to God for victory on the battlefield by their chaplains. Tell me who will God listen to? Wud a catholic or RCCG member in d Cameroon army not kill his Nigerian members in d army?

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Uyi168: 7:48am On Apr 21, 2017
mockingdove:
u lie, catholics are the most criticised
..Criticised..persecuted,the two are very different..
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2017
otswag:
Oga, I have had alot of pentecostal/catholic/anglican/etc patients who died from easily treatable diseases like malaria because they refused to come to the hospital early,believing that their sickness would be cured with faith and prayers alone. Many Nigerian pastors,probably even most, give the impression that seeking medical attention for any problem indicates you lack faith. Why haven't you tagged them extremists? Na all these kin petty arguments dey weak me.
Guy ur head complete. Make the guy respond if he has anything to say

4 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Mjbless16(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2017
Iceprincehkn:
2 be Honest, recent worlds events are troubling, yhu'll agree with me, bt this? It only affirms my trust in Jehovah God, May Jehovah be with my Brothers nd Sisters in Russia
May JEHOVAH be with us all......

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by TheLogicalMind(m): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
European court of appeal ko Arabian court of appeal ni.
You think Russia is subject to European law?
Are you a learner

Are you a fool? I studied law so I know my onions. Human Rights Watch has even published the news on their website that the Jehovah's Witnesses will be appealing to the European Human Rights Court.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/20/russia-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses

1 Like

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by cosade(m): 8:03am On Apr 21, 2017
otswag:
Oga, this is a blatant lie. I am not JW but I studied with them all through my childhood. I don't regret doing that because it gave me a wider understanding of Christianity. There are some issues I still don't agree with however I just must admit that all these petty issues like what u just mentioned are big lies. People are looking for a reason to hate them so when stories like this are out, most will just accept it without trying to confirm its authenticity.

zinnywonders:

Chai! U Sabi lie well well oooo. My Mum n 2 Sisters re witness and they pray consistently. Before the leave the kingdom hall from 9 am to 12 noon, they study d Bible, share testimonies of their encounter while preaching so that others will learn and pray before leaving.
When they're back by 12noon another prayer is offered, people going for return visit will stay back n those who ain't going leave. Return visit are for those who accepted any of their brochures and are willy to study them with their help. Before such studies commences, they always pray with their Bible scholar.

Pls learn to bridle ur tongue, especially when it comes to religion, u don't have any right 2 judge or criticize any doctrine. If u feel ur Doctrine is d best n d word Of God is being preached to ur understanding, pls remain n leave others alone. If I may ask, which denomination is truly worshipping God n is divinely approved by God? Before u answer think well cos no one is perfect, we're still struggling to work our ways towards perfection... God is the perfect Judge on that great day when He will sit on the Throne to judge u n I...... May God open ur eyes of understanding n may have an unforgettable encounter with him,in Jesus Name.. .. AMEN!!!

It is disrespectful to call someone's experience a lie. The issue I raised is that "the JW members that came to my house refused to pray with me when I requested, on many occasions". You have not said you prayed with them when you met with them, so how have you disproved the "lie"?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by ssogundele(m): 8:04am On Apr 21, 2017
aftatechbiz:

I wonder o!
The guy comment just flat my phone battery so to say. He talks like Demas the companion of Paul the Apostle. Instead of telling what led to him becoming what he is now, maybe disfellowshipped due to unrepentant heart, him dey yarn papa ajasco story.

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:09am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Nobody needs ur time if u cant offer. If u are not interested they leave u all at once. How that come disturb u
why u carry my post for head na?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by YOUNGKAHUNA: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2017
atoleybaba:
Lol dy should beg u to listen to d word of God...mehn u funny. Next time say u are not interested if u are not interested
at least for courtesy sake
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by cosade(m): 8:13am On Apr 21, 2017
otswag:
Oga, this is a blatant lie. I am not JW but I studied with them all through my childhood. I don't regret doing that because it gave me a wider understanding of Christianity. There are some issues I still don't agree with however I just must admit that all these petty issues like what u just mentioned are big lies. People are looking for a reason to hate them so when stories like this are out, most will just accept it without trying to confirm its authenticity.

zinnywonders:

Chai! U Sabi lie well well oooo. My Mum n 2 Sisters re witness and they pray consistently. Before the leave the kingdom hall from 9 am to 12 noon, they study d Bible, share testimonies of their encounter while preaching so that others will learn and pray before leaving.
When they're back by 12noon another prayer is offered, people going for return visit will stay back n those who ain't going leave. Return visit are for those who accepted any of their brochures and are willy to study them with their help. Before such studies commences, they always pray with their Bible scholar.

Pls learn to bridle ur tongue, especially when it comes to religion, u don't have any right 2 judge or criticize any doctrine. If u feel ur Doctrine is d best n d word Of God is being preached to ur understanding, pls remain n leave others alone. If I may ask, which denomination is truly worshipping God n is divinely approved by God? Before u answer think well cos no one is perfect, we're still struggling to work our ways towards perfection... God is the perfect Judge on that great day when He will sit on the Throne to judge u n I...... May God open ur eyes of understanding n may have an unforgettable encounter with him,in Jesus Name.. .. AMEN!!!

You did not address the issue raised and it is disrespectful to call someone's life experience, a lie.

unitysheart:

1. We don't sell journals. All the journals are free. Contributing for the journal is voluntary.
2. We pray and we pray with people we meet. The circumstances may only warrant not praying in every places. The only way to talk to God is by means of prayer. If we don't pray then who do we serve?

Hmmnn circumstances warranting not praying in every places, so what are these circumstances?

If you come to my house and I requested we should pray before our discussion and you think my house is "every place" which is easier to do? Pray with me or walk out? Each time this happens, your members would prefer walking out. I just don't get it.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2017
YOUNGKAHUNA:
why u carry my post for head na?
Na wetin u think?
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by nevilbot: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Chiedu u re a critic of JW but ve u confirmed from other translations of 2 Samuel 21:19 to find out if what that guy is saying is the truth or is another way to slander JW?
Dont u think Devil is at work?
Check other translations and see if the New World Translation wrote anyrhing different. That video is not only baseless but senseless. If that guy was sensible enough he wud have at least two other translations different from the JW bible to make his comparative analysis

I av already answered him with 5 other translations to show his video is not only senseless but he also lacks sense of reasoning and good judgement. Even d bible says make sure of all things which means make research and verify but he just saw it without comparing with other translations and rushed to make a stupid video to show the world how he thinks
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by intruxive(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2017
How can you ban a people, who don't preach violence support war or engage in basic evils of the society. Russia must think they are banning an american organization. To them this is political chess
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Bahddo(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2017
I perceive that the real reason is political. Russia doesn't want American influence, or any other foreign influence. That has always been their way, they are a paranoid bunch. They see Jehovah's Witnesses as an American church infiltrating Russia and turning the people against the government.

They could have come up with better charges though. The extremism charge doesn't fit Jehovah's Witnesses from any angle.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by Nigeriadondie: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2017
nevilbot:

I av already answered him with 5 other translations to show his video is not only senseless but he also lacks sense of reasoning and good judgement. Even d bible says make sure of all things which means make research and verify but he just saw it without comparing with other translations and rushed to make a stupid video to show the world how he thinks
The hatred of JW by some people exposed the depth of stupidity in them. In a moment they throw away their sense of reason and end up disgracing themselves
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2017
TheLogicalMind:

Are you a fool? I studied law so I know my onions. Human Rights Watch has even published the news on their website that the Jehovah's Witnesses will be appealing to the European Human Rights Court.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/04/20/russia-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses
Charge and bail lawyer we are not talking of your wacky law knowledge.
Russia disregards the European Human Rights Courts like a waste tissue.
Next time before calling people fool take stuff your brain with current knowledge of things not all those wacky legalities that turned you into a charge and bail lawyer.
Rubbish.

Russia’s Constitutional Court today (14 July) ruled its national laws should take precedence over decisions of the European Court of Human Rights.
Rights lawyers warned the new ruling essentially gives Russia the right to ignore the judgements of the Strasbourg-based court if they do not suit it.
Legal experts also said the ruling could provide Russia with a pretext not to implement a 2014 decision by the court to award shareholders of the now-defunct oil company Yukos €1.9 billion euros in compensation.
The Russian court ruled its Constitution trumps the rulings of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), which upholds the European Convention on Human Rights.
“Russia’s participation in the international agreement does not signify rejection of state sovereignty,” said the ruling by the chairman of the Constitutional Court, Valery Zorkin.
“The Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms and the ECHR’s legal positions based on it cannot annul the precedence of the Constitution.”
If any decision of Europe’s top human rights court is found to be in violation of Russian law, Moscow should not follow that ruling “to the letter,” it said.
Zorkin argued the decision was in line with the practice of top courts of European Union members such as Germany, Italy, Austria and Britain.
The ruling came after lawmakers queried whether Russia needs to comply with all the decisions of the Strasbourg-based court.
Russian officials have long argued that the current practice of giving precedence to international law over Russian law is against the country’s interests.
President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman said the ruling was final.
“This is a decision that cannot be appealed, as far as I understand,” spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
Russia joined the Council of Europe in 1996.
Since then the European Court has been flooded with cases from Russia, with rights advocates accusing the country of violating human rights and breaching the European Convention.
The ruling comes amid Russia’s increasing isolation from the West and confrontation with Washington and Brussels which have imposed sanctions over the Ukraine crisis.
“Before, it was assumed that judgements by the ECHR should be implemented, and as regards compensations, they were implemented,” Sergei Pashin, a member of the Kremlin’s rights council and a former judge, told AFP.
“Of course, this is dangerous. We can end up in a rather awkward situation if we retreat from our international obligations.”
BACKGROUND
The European Convention on Human Rights came into effect in 1953.
In the aftermath of the Second World War it sought to set standards on human decency.
The convention established the European Court of Human Rights to which citizens could appeal if they felt their rights had been infringed.
The accession of new states to the European Convention on Human Rights following the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 led to a sharp increase in applications filed in the Court.
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 8:25am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization by OAUTemitayo: 8:25am On Apr 21, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"My Gateman Of 10 Years Died In Cotonou 20 Years Ago" - Lady Says On Twitter / Bishop Nelson Destroys Fetish Item Tied To A Tree In A Bush In Imo. Photos / Pastor Ties Bride & Groom With A Rope At The Altar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.