Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? (5295 Views)

Hi, Am A Student, I Need A Guy To Provide For Me, I Will Satisfy Him / Guys Should Make It Their Duty To Always Provide For Their Girlfriend / What To Provide For Ur Girlfriend As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2010
This thread is in response to a thread started by a feminist.She is against women washing their husbands clothes and she seems to be having a lot of supporters on there.Therefore, since the world wants to bring down the very foundations of a lasting relationship, i hereby ask this question :

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?

All replies (both positive and negative are welcome).
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 12:02am On Jan 04, 2010
The topic sounds "weird" doesn't it?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 04, 2010
Yes! Even if the wife brings home a wage.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 04, 2010
Wow, how do you hold yourself with your peers if you cannot provide for your family? Tragic, Tragic cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 04, 2010
Children are now taking over this section. rotflmao cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 04, 2010
FL Gators:

Had to start taking fish oils because I swear brain cells are dying left, right and centre grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 04, 2010
lol gurl, you right grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by 190: 1:33am On Jan 04, 2010
children like gAtOrS grin grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by SeanT21(f): 1:37am On Jan 04, 2010
NO!! grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by puskin: 1:39am On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

Is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?

All replies (both positive and negative are welcome).

This question is so-so ridiculous and unheard of. If the man doesn't provide for his family, who should then? undecided undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 04, 2010
puskin:

This question is so-so ridiculous and unheard of. If the man doesn't provide for his family, who should then? undecided undecided
Prolly his children as soon as they turn 5 grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 04, 2010
If man cant provide for his family,then he is a lazy drone.@poster your question lacks some mental imput.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 04, 2010
@post
any fool can get married in this day and age BUT it is damn compulsory for a person to be responsible before he/she gets married.

if one fool gets married knowing fully well that he aint go the money(or balls) to raise/take care of his family then he will have only himself to blame(just like the guy who wants to get married and taking care of 3siblings with N40000)

it is compulsory for a couple to provide for each others needs and their offspring.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 2:07am On Jan 04, 2010
Absolutely. Why take on more than you can handle?
Financial accountability is a must for marriage.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Princek12(m): 3:07am On Jan 04, 2010
You know all this NL feminist ladies will accept that only men should have compulsory roles, but they would never accept that women should have compulsory roles.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 3:10am On Jan 04, 2010
Princek12:

You know all this NL feminist ladies will accept that only men should have compulsory roles, but they would never accept that women should have compulsory roles.
That's true too
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by waleski(m): 3:15am On Jan 04, 2010
Wat kind of question is dis? is it rhetorical cause it sounds stupid 2 me why wuld a man marry if he doesnt knw dat taking care of a family is part of his responsibility dis questiom doesnt make sense
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by ancel(m): 3:41am On Jan 04, 2010
LMAO All those wondering, this is a thread in response to https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374266.0.html (titled Is it compulsory to wash your husband's clothes) and I guess the question is rhetorical, and intended to display the absurdity of the other thread.

@OP: grin grin My guy, I had been guessing but now I think I know you in reality. You can't exkape my undeniable logic, can you? wink
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by ima1(f): 3:52am On Jan 04, 2010
if you don't wanna be the sole/part provider then don't get married and have a family, its that simple
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:32am On Jan 04, 2010
ancel:

LMAO All those wondering, this is a thread in response to https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374266.0.html (titled Is it compulsory to wash your husband's clothes) and I guess the question is rhetorical, and intended to display the absurdity of the other thread.

@OP:  grin grin My guy, I had been guessing but now I think I know you in reality. You can't exkape my undeniable logic, can you?  wink

You are on point man and besides, i explained why i opened this thread at the beginning.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:34am On Jan 04, 2010
Siena:

Yes! Even if the wife brings home a wage.

Really?And what do you feel about women washing her husband's clothes?Does washing his clothes make her a slave?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:37am On Jan 04, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Wow, how do you hold yourself with your peers if you cannot provide for your family? Tragic, Tragic cheesy

How do women who let their husbands do all the laundry and grocery shopping handle themselves?How does a woman who goes off for manicure and pedicure while her husband scrubs hold herself among her peers?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:39am On Jan 04, 2010
FL Gators:

And having close to 220,000 posts since you registered on NL makes you feel "grown" abi?

Yeye!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:42am On Jan 04, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Had to start taking fish oils because I swear brain cells are dying left, right and centre grin grin

You didn't need to go that far.The reason for opening the thread was explained at the very beginning of this thread.It's there for all to see.It's a counter post (or rhetorical question).You don't need to swallow 8,000 cod liver oils to see through that now do you?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:46am On Jan 04, 2010
190:

children like gAtOrS grin grin grin

Abi ooooo! lol

In between, how that your camry wey no dey let us hear word? I hear say you use am rock Xmas wella.I hear say you park for road and na so chicks flood all passengers doors plus inside booth sef! Nna na wa ooo! Na you dey rock.So tell me, which engine the car dey use sef?Na Benz 190 engine or Yamaha? grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:54am On Jan 04, 2010
Emzybrown:

If man cant provide for his family,then he is a lazy drone.@poster your question lacks  some mental imput.

There is nothing complex about my post.I am AWARE that it sounds weird and awkward.I deliberately made it that way because of one silly thread where women and even some so called "21 century men" are in support that a woman can choose whether to do her house chores or not.And also she in "today's world", everything must be "shared equally" and you begin to wonder why so many marriages are crashing here and there.Two captains cannot be in one boat.It will capsize.Two generals cannot lead a battalion.There will be anarchy.There CANNOT be two bosses in a marriage.It will fail.This is the biased thread i'm talking about :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374266.0.html

I'm in no way against a man providing for his family. . .HELL. . .i am not married yet and i still make sure my woman doesn't lack anything.It's the double standards and hypocrisy i see on here that gets to me.They want to eat their cake and have it and i'm not HAVING it.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:55am On Jan 04, 2010
Princek12:

So you know? I thought you were supporting them on the other thread!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 4:56am On Jan 04, 2010
waleski:

Wat kind of question is dis? is it rhetorical cause it sounds silly 2 me why wuld a man marry if he doesnt knw dat taking care of a family is part of his responsibility dis questiom doesnt make sense

It's rhetorical. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Sissy3(f): 5:17am On Jan 04, 2010
how you can compare the need for a man to provide for his family with whether its necessary for a woman to wash his husbands clothes?

havent you heard of men who washed their own dirty clothes and still provided for the family?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 5:21am On Jan 04, 2010
To be fair, if a man is solely responsible for providing financial stability in his marriage, the wife should be ready to do the more menial tasks around the house. Male traditional role begets female traditional role.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Sissy3(f): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2010
H2O2:

To be fair, if a man is solely responsible for providing financial stability in his marriage, the wife should be ready to do the more menial tasks around the house.  Male traditional role begets female traditional role.

what of situations where the woman and man equally contributes to the financial stability of the family, should the woman still be required to wash her husband's clothes or should everyone wash theirs?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 5:45am On Jan 04, 2010
~Sissy~:

what of situations where the woman and man equally contributes to the financial stability of the family, should the woman still be required to wash her husband's clothes or should everyone wash theirs?

Then both should mutually understand and agree to work together on home upkeep.
And I wouldn't use the word "required". Both the man and woman should be considerate. Wife should not feel inferior because she washes her husband's clothes. Husband should not feel belittled if he has to pick up the kids from school.
I will remain under the impression that there are some responsibilities better suited for women, just as there are others more suited for men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Women Love To Give Blow Jobs / One Word For My Gorgeous Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.