Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,123 members, 7,845,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? (5306 Views)

Hi, Am A Student, I Need A Guy To Provide For Me, I Will Satisfy Him / Guys Should Make It Their Duty To Always Provide For Their Girlfriend / What To Provide For Ur Girlfriend As A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Sissy3(f): 5:48am On Jan 04, 2010
H2O2:

Then both should mutually understand and agree to work together on home upkeep.
And I wouldn't use the word "required". Both the man and woman should be considerate. Wife should not feel inferior because she washes her husband's clothes. Husband should not feel belittled if he has to pick up the kids from school.
I will remain under the impression that there are some responsibilities better suited for women, just as there are others more suited for men.

like the woman washing her husbands clothes? lol
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 5:54am On Jan 04, 2010
It's just one of those things that comes with the territory.
cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by johnnygan(m): 6:06am On Jan 04, 2010
@topic
is it right for the wives to obey their husbands?
The answer to my question, answers your question.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@topic
Yes.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@topic

You might be very wrong there man.There are more than a few on here who strongly believe the woman should eat her cake and have it.They feel that since a woman goes to work like a man, he should share all the house work like her.Therefore, it's two captains in one boat.You are in a better position should know the result of such a malady.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

You might be very wrong there man.There are more than a few on here who strongly believe the woman should eat her cake and have it.They feel that since a woman goes to work like a man, he should share all the house work like her.Therefore, it's two captains in one boat.You are in a better position should know the result of such a malady.
Lol @ this nigga taking shots at me. Flamer!
I haven't seen a "man" (until you) sweating so bad, feeling so effeminate because women ask to be respected.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 6:18am On Jan 04, 2010
H2O2:

Lol @ this nigga taking shots at me.  Flamer! 
I haven't seen a "man" (until you) sweating so bad, feeling so effeminate because women ask to be respected.

Clearly my reply was to someone else but you just love coming for more don't you?A little advice. . .

Get off my d.i.c.k B.I.T.C.H and go suck on something else!

B****H!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 04, 2010
I love this war of the sexies. Most people replying cant be married. Marriage on its own na war when u have some kind of stance na double wahalla. Like i said in the lundary thread, Nothing is compulsary in marriage, just two imperfect people comimg together deciding to compliment each others strenghts and weaknesses. Hmmm, u guys and my dear sisters, calm down oh, take it easy with each oda, makes the world a better place
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by johnnygan(m): 6:21am On Jan 04, 2010
@topic
you're missing my point. I don't care if yo answer is yes or no. It only depends, but orders might change with time.
If yo answer is yes, then the answer to the topic is yes. If your answer is no, then its no to the topic as well, Don't you get it?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@topic
you're missing my point. I don't care if yo answer is yes or no. It only depends, but orders might change with time.
If yo answer is yes, then the answer to the topic is yes. If your answer is no, then its no to the topic as well, Don't you get it?
The kid has a comprehension problem. If you mention the word "woman" he will jump off his chair like a paranoid freak.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 6:24am On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@topic
If yo answer is yes, then the answer to the topic is yes. If your answer is no, then its no to the topic as well,  Don't you get it?

Yes is yes and no is no and changes with time?

What happened to :

Odas is Odas

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 6:25am On Jan 04, 2010
H2O2:

The kid has a comprehension problem.  If you mention the word "woman" he will jump off his chair like a paranoid freak.

Doofus, piru gang member wanna-be. . .Go suck some bloodz d**k.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 6:25am On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

Clearly my reply was to someone else but you just love coming for more don't you?A little advice. . .

Get off my d.i.c.k B.I.T.C.H and go suck on something else!

B****H!

You speaking proper, nigga?  Clearly it's a public forum, is it not?

you are typing like a turd now.  are you getting irate?

stop embarrassing yourself homo. fagg0t a%s downlow brother.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by H2O2: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

Doofus, piru gang member wanna-be. . .Go suck some bloodz manliness.
you would know a thing or two about cocksuckin' . that's all you talk about. sucking this and sucking that.
you are starting to reveal the true you. fagot.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by johnnygan(m): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2010
@topic, der ris no need to squabble o'er dis topic but i got a personal question for Ya. . . Have you got a complexity problem?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@topic, der ris no need to squabble o'er dis topic but i got a personal question for Ya. . . Have you got a complexity problem?

I'll answer your question with three questions.Do you have an identity crisis? Must you always answer questions with questions? Must they be dumb questions all the time?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by johnnygan(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2010
@hariki
i'mma answer you wit 6 dumb questions.
Did i tell you i got an identity crisis?
Must you start a dumb topic in response to your stupid idea of a feminist?
Must you go mad each time a woman is mentioned?
Are you having a relapse?
Ever been charged for felony?
Must you even give a Damn bout my questions if they all dumb?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by MyneWhite1(f): 8:05am On Jan 04, 2010
What's up with Harakiri and Gannygan?

@ Topic, it is not compulsory. Opari. cool
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by johnnygan(m): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2010
@myne white
no mind the useless felonist. He's acting to childish thinkin he wished.
Omode n se egbon yen.
I just wished he knew me well cuz i'm too destructive to be checked.
I don't even need to bother myself over the slowpoke.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Princek12(m): 2:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

When you answer questions using strawman reasoning, you appear as though you cannot respond to the substance of the topic. The thread has a simple question, which requires a simple answer. You, alongside other feminists on this thread, will run away from responding to a topic of which you have no substantive response. The thread is obviously a response to the feminist thread, and you will think you and other feminists on the other thread would engage in intellectual discourse rather than attacking the character of the poster or using strawman reasoning, both of which are indicias of people who have nothing to say but chicken out of a discourse.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
@OP
When is school resuming?

We're getting tired of all these threads.
You guys should resume and return back to your dormitories. grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
johnnygan:

@myne white
no mind the useless felonist. He's acting to childish thinkin he wished.
Omode n se egbon yen.
I just wished he knew me well cuz i'm too destructive to be checked.
I don't even need to bother myself over the slowpoke.

You have really messed yourself up.And to think you call yourself a Pyrate.You are an embarassment to the brotherhood.You are too destructive abi?Dude, i don't care how drunk you are from cheap rum, i will break every bone in your body (best believe that).
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
BlueDiva:

@OP
When is school resuming?

We're getting tired of all these threads.
You guys should resume and return back to your dormitories.  grin

"School" finished way back in 2003 and i am in my house (not some dorm).
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
Princek12:

When you answer questions using strawman reasoning, you appear as though you cannot respond to the substance of the topic. The thread has a simple question, which requires a simple answer. You, alongside other feminists on this thread, will run away from responding to a topic of which you have no substantive response. The thread is obviously a response to the feminist thread, and you will think you and other feminists on the other thread would engage in intellectual discourse rather than attacking the character of the poster or using strawman reasoning, both of which are indicias of people who have nothing to say but chicken out of a discourse.

Thank you very much.It's always refreshing to know some brothers till have their thinking caps on.All i asked was a very simple/straight forward question plus i also explained in brief my reason for opening the thread.What is so complex about that to understand?I guess some of the "21st brothers" here are the types who would say or do anything just to be in the good books of ladies (what a bunch of low lives) especially that one calling himself the lord of Pyrates.Useless internet gangster.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
So, is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2010
harakiri:

Really?And what do you feel about women washing her husband's clothes?Does washing his clothes make her a slave?

Dude, ask a question that relates to the thread you've opened here, not one opened elsewhere. I have already answered the question you raised here.

harakiri:

So, is it compulsory for a man to provide for his family?

How many times will you ask this question, and how many times will people answer the same question you've raised?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2010
Siena:

Dude, ask a question that relates to the thread you've opened here, not one opened elsewhere. I have already answere the question you raised here.

How many times will you ask this question, and how many times will people answer the same question you've raised?

Dude,

Please read from my post the reason why i opened this thread in the first place.I am not a mad man.Of course i know a man should be responsible.This is a rhetorical thread to another absurd post elsewhere which was created by a feminist.It goes "is it compulsory for a woman to wash her husband's clothes?".If people can reply such absurd posts with such "positivity" then why is mine different?Feminists (both male and female) keep crying about "equal rights" and yet when it comes to certain roles, it's a double standard.Why don't you ask the lady on the other thread how many times must she ask the question?So long as that thread keeps going, this one will also go.

Let the absurdities continue angry
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
I hear you.

But, at the same time, t!t-for-tat threads are pretty childish. I didn't respond to the other thread, because it wasn't for me.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by infobut(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2010
Well in this world i don't think anything is compulsory.People should not be fast to unlearn the fact that whatever principle we practice today were seen as human norms. So if anybody here thinks it's not compulsory for a woman to wash her hubby's clothes then i see no reason why the same person will hold strongly the view that it's compulsory for a man to provide for his family to me both sounds like sensible thing to be done without coersion.So people be rational If we want to believe in norms let do that perfectly. wink

@all I have noticed people saying things like "children are not meant to be commenting on post" , to the best of my knowledge it is written no where on this forum.Let us all try to be matured irrespective of age and education.The privileges we have in life may not be available for others so if anybody feels superior when acting or talking to another person then he abuse these privilege.Avoid throwing caution to the wind no matter how irate a post may be. smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2010
infobut:

Well in this world i don't think anything is compulsory.People should not be fast to unlearn the fact that whatever principle we practice today were seen as human norms. So if anybody here thinks it's not compulsory for a woman to wash her hubby's clothes then i see no reason why the same person will hold strongly the view that it's compulsory for a man to provide for his family to me both sounds like sensible thing to be done without coersion.So people be rational If we want to believe in norms let do that  perfectly.  wink

@all I have noticed people saying things like  "children are not meant to be commenting on post" , to the best of my knowledge it is written no where on this forum.Let us all try to be matured irrespective of age and education.The privileges we have in life may not be available for others so if anybody feels superior when acting or talking to another person then he abuse these privilege.Avoid throwing caution to the wind no matter how irate a post may be. smiley

Priceless! cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 05, 2010
@ poster
You should have found a better analogy because I can't even see how important clothes washing is compared to providing for your family.

@ topic
Since you have not asked if the man should provide entirely for the family and I'll go by logic and say it is compulsory for a man to provide for his family. He may do a part or the most, but he must not fail to satisfy the primary their needs. Afterall why did he create one in the first place?

That is a responsiblity he shares with his wife and there is no excuse to stop it. Gender equality won't help you either.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Man To Provide For His Family? by harakiri(m): 12:49am On Jan 05, 2010
michelin89:

@ poster
You should have found a better analogy because I can't even see how important clothes washing is compared to providing for your family.

@ topic
Since you have not asked if the man should provide entirely for the family and I'll go by logic and say it is compulsory for a man to provide for his family. He may do a part or the most, but he must not fail to satisfy the primary their needs. Afterall why did he create one in the first place?

That is a responsiblity he shares with his wife and there is no excuse to stop it. Gender equality won't help you either.

Great choice of words.Better analogy? Gender equality? Clothes aren't comparable?

Anyways. . .i'm not surprised.

Let the absurdities continue please. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Enjoy Being Single? / 12 Of The Most Creative Beds You Have Ever Seen(photos) / Naija Lady Trends On Instagram As She Flaunts "Massive Everything" -LOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.