Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,013 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. (33951 Views)

Ayodele Oke: Senate Probes $289m Cash Payment To Ex-NIA DG / NIA Collected $289m Cash From NAPIMS Account In 2015 / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by HEIR: 8:15am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:
How come big change ($43million) still remain after the six weeks pre-election fight against insurgency?

Maybe the $43million is to rehabilitate the Chibok girls when they finally find them all.
I am assuming the money was initially meant to pay mercenaries brought in from south Africa and other countries. The remaining use to purchase arms from the black market and finance the civilian JTF.
But you know black man would always look for some kick back. Just my gut feeling though....
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Leebeedo(m): 8:15am On Apr 21, 2017
Mynd44:

Without parliamentary approval? High level abuse of office.

So the executive should write the legistature regarding the existence of such an amount? Why not the judiciary too and the chairman of the landlord association on your area .
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Mrjo(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2017
omenkaLives:
PDP released a statement earlier saying the dismissed SGF should have been "arrested" if the government wanted to show any sincerity in her intentions over the grasscuter.

Jonathan's name has come up s gazillion times in virtually all known criminal incidents under his government: when would the bat-faced two timing fvcktards call for Jonathan's arrest?
read it again and again so u can understand. U Have alot against jonathan even he did nt offend u
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by papparatzzi2013: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2017
Jonathan was a huge mistake.

PDP is simply a devilish party. They wasted our dollars on election.

6 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by 5oyad: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2017
seunmsg:

The fact that GEJ gave approval for such a huge and unbudgeted amount of money to be withdrawn in cash and spend within the country should make any reasonable Nigerian very angry. Apart from the corruption involved, the negative effect on the Naira and our economy is unimaginable.

Nigerians can now see why the Naira practically collapsed when Buhari took over. Jonathan dipped his rotten and corruption infected fingers straight into CBN and depleted the foreign reserve in a desperate attempt to win the election. Only God can adequately punish that guy for what he did to this country.

What evidence is there to show that buhari is still not approving money in cash? There is nothing on ground to show that the loopholes that allowed the stealing in the first place have been blocked

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by drnoel: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2017
timokoko:
Jonathan is d biggest lie i have ever seen. He will surely denie dis

Okay, you are the one that contrived with the NIA ex boss and his wife to steal all those billions
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Mynd44: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2017
Leebeedo:

So the executive should write the legistature regarding the existence of such an amount? Why not the judiciary too and the chairman of the landlord association on your area .
It is extra budgetary money. It has to be approved by the senate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by kachi105(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2017
Why was the money in an apartment instead of the NIA bank account?. I thought they said that the stamps on the dollar wraps carried April 2017?. Someone is lying here, the cover up stories are not sinking in very well

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by israelmao(m): 8:18am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:
Jonathan: The CURSE of Nigeria!! Ineffectual thing!!
When a sitting President opens his mouth on an international Television and say 'Stealing is not corruption' what do you expect? I am so grateful to God that these rogues never won the election, only God knows where the economy of my country will be by now.
They were only all concern about their selfish selves and family and never care about the masses and the ones supporting them with hunger! And imagine this man was borrowing millions of dollars to buy ammunition to fight insurgency...
And for the wailers that will wail forever supporting Jona and his gang of thieves, I really pity you all, where are those saying the money belongs to Amaechi?

$43 million dollars = #13 billion naira
$289 million dollars = (someone pls help me with the naira equivalent, my calculator just exploded!!!)
And this was mismanaged/stolen in just one Agency!!
Possibly over $1 Billion Dollars must have been stolen during the years Oga Jona was hot!
And some dumb people wonder why we are in recession!
May the enemies of Nigeria never live long!
to

Did you really take time to read this news article before you laid curse and cast aspersions?

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by 5oyad: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2017
wirinet:

Meanwhile, at the same time, Goodluck Jonathan was borrowing $1billion (one Billion Dollars) to buy Arms to fight Boko Haram, and madam world bank was borrowing to pay salaries. Some people who are hell bent on destroying their own destinies will still come here and defend Jonathan and blame Buhari for our present predicament.

Buhari is to be blamed for not blocking the loopholes that allowed the stealing in the first place.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mfm04622: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

GEJ as president had every authority to approve money for an agency.

So, are Buhari's men that took over from May 2015 telling us that NIA did not return the unspent money back to FG at the end of 2015 and even 2016? or was it GEJ's responsibility again to enforce that even after leaving office?

Buhari and his APC strategists are desperate to cover-up this matter.

No president has the power to just spend money. Any money to be spent MUST be budgeted for by the National Assembly.

9 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by menxer: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
They are not. EFCC is yet to make pronouncement on ownership of the said money...

You created a thread on the issue on the strength of which pronouncement?

Was the thread you created in defense of EFCC or against the alleged owners of the stash?

Drawing a straight line on an undulating surface with freehand is not always easy.

8 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Ovamboland(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:
[b]

So, are Buhari's men that took over from May 2015 telling us that NIA did not return the unspent money back to FG at the end of 2015 and even 2016? or was it GEJ's responsibility again to enforce that even after leaving office?

Buhari and the APC strategists have succeeded in covering-up this matter.

[/b]e

And your treatise did not wonder why the hero of democracy, the meek one, father of rebased GDP did not deem it fit to include the existence of that money or the entire covert operation worth over 40 billion naira in his handover note to his successor.

Oh I see the money is small, chicken change so it can be easily forgotten

7 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Celcius: 8:22am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

Take a high five. Spoken like a lawyer and public affairs analyst.
Brilliantly said.
Its been reported that the NIA had briefed the ONSA on this operation since January 2016.
This presidency is whack.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by jericco1(m): 8:22am On Apr 21, 2017
thundafire:
fool did dy source say Jonathan took dy mny 4 himself or 4 dy security to do their job nd dy mismanage it get brain,for dy EFCC so una dy go round to uncover secret warehouse of state security clap 4 unasefs
you the fool.
I'm entitled to my opinion
who sanctioned it?

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2017
israelmao:
to

Did you really take time to read this news article before you laid curse and cast aspersions?
......laying curse on the enemies of Nigeria, no matter who they are or what party they represent is now a sin?! I give up!!

4 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by maysimsimple(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2017
Bros, me I tire. Oooooo.

e author=hrykanu231 post=55764375]They share our common wealth with reckless abandon, making the youths to suffer despite the supposed plenty in the land.
And all we are left with is name calling laced in tribal hatred(eg flati.nos and afonjas). Can't we just unite as youths and take charge?[/quote]
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by azzima(m): 8:27am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

****Saddest part is most you **** still live in face me I face you while $289M (DAMN!!!) was being shared. Then later you will ask yourselves why your children are shining the shoes of the children of these thieves (your heroes).As for me,as long as I heard of $289M, that hero of mines is now my enemy. That money Will instantly fix all our dilapidated schools. Black men are a curse to his own. Have you heard how Singapore transformed its energy issue with $1Billion?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by ahbey(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
You guys should leave GEJ alone. The DG said he informed the present Security team of the said money....So why did they tell the President such monies is existing somewhere....They should tell us the real owner of this monies....and stop deceiving us..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Ijaya123: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
They are not. EFCC is yet to make pronouncement on ownership of the said money...

Which money are you referring to again? Are you ever serious?

Or you have comprehension issues to deal with?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by wirinet(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2017
5oyad:

Buhari is to be blamed for not blocking the loopholes that allowed the stealing in the first place.

Please enlighten us further, how will Buhari be blamed for not blocking loopholes that allowed a previous administration to loot in the first place?

4 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Ijaya123: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2017
ahbey:
You guys should leave GEJ alone. The DG said he informed the present Security team of the said money....So why did they tell the President such monies is existing somewhere....They should tell us the real owner of this monies....and stop deceiving us..

What a waste of space.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by ahbey(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2017
Celcius:

Take a high five. Spoken like a lawyer and public affairs analyst.
Brilliantly said.
Its been reported that the NIA had briefed the ONSA on this operation since January 2016.
This presidency is whack.

Yes now...if the present ONSA is aware of the said monies....didn't he not inform the present or what....Those guys are just trying covering up some thing. An independent bodies shld investigate this matter. I never believe anything this govt said....

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by azzima(m): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2017
seunmsg:

The fact that GEJ gave approval for such a huge and unbudgeted amount of money to be withdrawn in cash and spend within the country should make any reasonable Nigerian very angry. Apart from the corruption involved, the negative effect on the Naira and our economy is unimaginable.

Nigerians can now see why the Naira practically collapsed when Buhari took over. Jonathan dipped his rotten and corruption infected fingers straight into CBN and depleted the foreign reserve in a desperate attempt to win the election. Only God can adequately punish that guy for what he did to this country.
........AND can you imagine that they said this man has a PHDTaking out such huge amount in DOLLARS created a huge paucity of dollars in circulation during the election period. The consequences is so bad for the economy. I now believe that having degrees in Nigerian Universities doesn't mean a thing.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by oyinkinola: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:
When a sitting President opens his mouth on an international Television and say 'Stealing is not corruption' what do you expect? I am so grateful to God that these rogues never won the election, only God knows where the economy of my country will be by now.
They were only all concern about their selfish selves and family and never care about the masses and the ones supporting them with hunger! And imagine this man was borrowing millions of dollars to buy ammunition to fight insurgency...
And for the wailers that will wail forever supporting Jona and his gang of thieves, I really pity you all, where are those saying the money belongs to Amaechi?

$289 million dollars = (someone pls help me with the naira equivalent, my calculator just exploded!!!)
Possibly over $1 Billion Dollars must have been stolen during the years Oga Jona was hot!
.....point of correction, it's $1trillion stolen during oga jona era!
when am open thread one upon the other on LFR (looted fund reserve)!
people take it for rubbish!
but now history proof me right!
more revelation is on the way!
if any stupid say p! before he finishes with... dp! if the person is not stone to death by Nigerian, Nigerian is bastard!
Oyinkinola!

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Rexleo(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:

. Mr.use your tongue to count your teeth,some thing is fundamentally wrong with the narrative. CBN was asked who that trench of money was released to since no hand as touched it .CBN said they could not trace,that is totally incredible.2,how could dollars that were minted in 2016 be released in 2015.who is the owner of that apartment not just some dash dash as we are been told.I can never forget the interview Diya granted sometime back about Abacha loot he said if not for hard evidence he will not have believed Abacha was stealing money because here was a man who will not even approve some expenditure and that a times it takes god for him to approve some.some thing is just fundamentally wrong with this there story and to tell you categorical this money was just looted in this present administration or it is a kickback from a multinational firm from contract award that I am very sure.case in point Haliburton.if CBN can not trace the source

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by dotedote: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2017
Depeding on what you mean by "messing GEJ up" If there was an agreement between GEJ and PMB as regards investigations of crimes, it wouldn't be wrong if PMB sticks to it. With that said, we all need to stop the politics of the blind. These people kill us everyday and we jump to defend them at every slight chance ? I just don't get it. Could someone you know (other than Magu) have easily found these monies out? NASS really thinks PMB needs their approval to set up any investigatory committee abi ? Bunch of comedians. I've come to see that they oppose any move(s) that lead us to a meaningful recovery. We shall see.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Ebeleiscorupt: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2017
duni04:

Please don't be foolish. Do you have any idea what USD290million is? That's more than a quarter of a billion dollars. What on earth was the NIA supossed to do with that money that can conveniently build a 300MW power station in Lagos? And to make matters worse, it was in raw cash!!! The perpetrators have absolutely no defence.

Guy you don't ask a fool not to be foolish, he's cloned to be.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Afamed: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2017
jericco1:
Jonathan milked Nigeria, haba!
Na so my brother. But what surprises most are some Nigerian Youths who have never benefitted directly or indirectly, from all these loots, they will soon troop in now to defend their anointed hero.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Senators Divided Over Saraki’s Successor / Does President Muhammadu Buhari Have A Conscience At All? FFK Asks... / Labour Threatens Strike Over New Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.