Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. (33995 Views)

Ayodele Oke: Senate Probes $289m Cash Payment To Ex-NIA DG / NIA Collected $289m Cash From NAPIMS Account In 2015 / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tuniski: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2017
modelmike7:
Jonathan: The CURSE of Nigeria!! Ineffectual thing!!
When a sitting President opens his mouth on an international Television and say 'Stealing is not corruption' what do you expect? I am so grateful to God that these rogues never won the election, only God knows where the economy of my country will be by now.
They were only all concern about their selfish selves and family and never care about the masses and the ones supporting them with hunger! And imagine this man was borrowing millions of dollars to buy ammunition to fight insurgency...
And for the wailers that will wail forever supporting Jona and his gang of thieves, I really pity you all, where are those saying the money belongs to Amaechi?

$43 million dollars = #13 billion naira
$289 million dollars = (someone pls help me with the naira equivalent, my calculator just exploded!!!)
And this was mismanaged/stolen in just one Agency!!
Possibly over $1 Billion Dollars must have been stolen during the years Oga Jona was hot!
And some dumb people wonder why we are in recession!
May the enemies of Nigeria never live long!
Save your peace. GEJ did nothing wrong approving monies for security no matter the amount abi u think Security is cheap?
The question is how come the disaster in Aso Rock didn't know of such as a returnee president with military background? We should be very scared that clueless people are handling our affairs right now. When buhari came on board the 1st approval he gave was for 100m$ for fight against terror.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Adecks01(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2017
Dee60:

Stamp dated 2016 - Does anyone has any official source for this information? If not, let us have some quiet on this, afterall, the man whokept the money there has spoken and has given the date the money was shipped there. Has he lied against himself?
It is a fact that have being established,even some efcc officials that carried the operation testified to that,
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Adecks01(m): 11:37am On Apr 21, 2017
excomarow:

AMEN

AND

Make thurnder fire those against buhari anti corruption fight
may God have mercy on you for taking things personal
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tuniski: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Mynd44:

Without parliamentary approval? High level abuse of office.

No be every subhead spending gets parliamentary approval.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Adecks01(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2017
magoo10:

When you talk try to make some sense,it is 2years now and Jonathan is still giving you sleepless nights.
see you and your saints in power .a man who was sponsored by the billions stolen by amaechi from rivers state govt is a very big thief.and I could name so many of them.show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.
You are living in delusion boy
No wonder European hospitals have generate more than enough revenue changing hypertensive blood
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by sammyp01: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Guy come up with another line.This one is old.
Gradually the true picture about this cash is unfolding. If you have a better fact about those you assume stole the cash present them
rozayx5:

yea

they had to use several days and concot something to satisfy zombies

we knew the delay was to find someway to rope in GEJ and quickly clear APC chieftains from the scandal

but the time game will only work on zombies

EFCC lost it, and as usual no one will be jailed
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tuniski: 11:49am On Apr 21, 2017
omenkaLives:
PDP released a statement earlier saying the dismissed SGF should have been "arrested" if the government wanted to show any sincerity in her intentions over the grasscuter.

Jonathan's name has come up s gazillion times in virtually all known criminal incidents under his government: when would the bat-faced two timing fvcktards call for Jonathan's arrest?
You can call for it nau.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by tuniski: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2017
olujastro:
I'm not surprised at this because this is typical of what you find in Bayelsa govt house since 1999 from DSP Alams to Gej to Dickson. FAAC allocation comes in, they sit down and share it among the political class for mostly Ogogoro purposes. Same way my ex-colleagues from Bayelsa treat their salaries once it shows. No savings, no investment, no plans. That's why you don't find meaningful development in that small but rich state.
If not for the "gentleman agreement" among the political class not to prosecute former presidents, Gej being by far the biggest thief with no less than $1b loot would be languishing in jail by now.
Dishing out our hard earned dollars as if he owned the monies. What an excellent Ineffectual Buffoon!
1billion$ loot makes GEJ even the smallest Amongst them! Small guys who ain't presidents sef looted blind from time immemorial!
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by AntiWailer: 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
adedayourt:

Dey kept such an amount somwer and the country is financing budget with load.

This one weak me I no go lie

I taya my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by excomarow(m): 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Adecks01:
may God have mercy on you for taking things personal

AMEN

and even you too

GOD BLESS PMB
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Fourwinds: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

GEJ as president had every authority to approve money for an agency.

So, are Buhari's men that took over from May 2015 telling us that NIA did not return the unspent money back to FG at the end of 2015 and even 2016? or was it GEJ's responsibility again to enforce that even after leaving office?

Buhari and his APC strategists are desperate to cover-up this matter.

U are defending shiit....so money was returned yet it was found in private building....are u not ashamed dat even d president does not even know such money exist which makes it easy for diversion.?

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by NoRetreat(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Government money in govt house kept by govt people to be spent on government by government people.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
The worst thing that happen to Nigeria is GEJ..
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
Celcius:

According to the memo, NAPIMS asked the CBN to release $ 289 , 202 , 382 to the NIA in cash .
The money was received by the NIA and kept in a safe house .

Approved, Received and kept in a safe house in 2015

Why then does the stamp carry (on the money found ) 2016

Did GEJ approve the release of the fund from CBN in 2016?

The devil is a liar!!

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by kayprince: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
hmmm it's very unfortunate to have such kind dump as president d phd holder in stealing & corruption & just share d country treasury to his cohort caucus shm
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

2) Even if GEJ approved money for NIA in Feb, 2015, why was the balance not returned back to FG at the end of the year?[/b]

That is the exact reason why the Oke is under suspension.....

Meanwhile, have you asked yourself why would a president (in GEJ) approve that humongous money (as CASH) from a government parastatal that is supposed to remit to CBN so that the money can be accounted for
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by Philinho(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
OLAJADON:

please how old are you? because you think like an infant. if Jonathan ordered the release of such money, is he not suppose to monitor how it is spent, THAT IS WHAT BEING A LEADER MEANS.
you that think like adult have u heard from Jonathan b4 believing this trash? is Jonathan still ruling you? pls park well

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
With all the huge money been found everywhere, why is the CBN governor still in his position?
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I was of the opinion that the cash was a theatric by EFCC, I might be wrong but I will wait for OFFICIAL REPORT and outcome of the investigation before making further comment.

As usual, I don't make brief for individuals when it comes to corruption

1. So your call to "come let's reason together" position was influenced by what exactly? baseless assumptions, not well thought-through submissions......
2. You tacitly held brief for Wike, Fayose and FFK (whom I hazard a guess, could be culpable in this saga), and every other unreasonable rant that suggested it was theatrics when in fact conversely there were the ones going theatrical
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:38pm On Apr 21, 2017
wirinet:

Meanwhile, at the same time, Goodluck Jonathan was borrowing $1billion (one Billion Dollars) to buy Arms to fight Boko Haram, and madam world bank was borrowing to pay salaries. Some people who are hell bent on destroying their own destinies will still come here and defend Jonathan and blame Buhari for our present predicament.

This is one of the most important irony of the whole saga. How some people can rationalise anything beyond irresponsibility and squalour to GEJ led government is beyond me

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2017
NubiLove:
It should be arrested DG and NOT suspended if Buhari was impartial with his corruption war.

You need to arm yourself with the procedure, which is applicable in both public and private sector. If you are suspected to have been involved in a questionable activity, the first step is suspension, pending thorough investigation. During the suspension, you are queried and allowed come forward and defend yourself. If your defense is found unsatisfactory, then necessary punishment will be meted out.

So there is nothing wrong here, the government is following laid down procedure

2 Likes

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by deomello: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
allrightsir:

sometimes one reads such unintelligent, retarded coments and I weep for the future of this country.

Do not weep for Nigeria because the people making such ignorant and unintelligent comments are doing so out of hate for Nigeria as a country and not because of genuine concern about anything.

These are hateful, bitter and angry Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

So, are Buhari's men that took over from May 2015 telling us that NIA did not return the unspent money back to FG at the end of 2015 and even 2016? or was it GEJ's responsibility again to enforce that even after leaving office?

.....rather GEJ as president had the responsibility of following laid down procedures in his approval of money for agencies. He also had the responsibility to make sure that the approvals he made will not lead to wanton stealing and questionable use. Check this;
1. What is the explanation of GEJ seeking senates approval for borrowing $1b for security purpose (in the public), while approving $289m in private?
2. NIA's budget was $160m. NIA was going to spend an amount almost doubling the annual budget, why wasn't the Senate and house of Reps approval sort for a spending of that amount?
3. Why was such not in the hand-over note to the incoming govt?
4. Why was the money approved in Cash? Have any agency been ever given such and amount in cash in the history of this country or the world?

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by hush15: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

Look mate, as far as this issue is concerned, is a no brainer. Buhari and his goons can confuse Nigerians but I refuse to be part of that lot.

To start with, officially, we still don't know who owns the apartment. And if it's by the gist am hearing, which is the DG's wife company that owns the flat, that wife ought to have been arrested and all this suspension is totally unnecessary cos whoever owns the apartment owns that money or is a big witness against whoever owns the money.

If the money was approved by Jonathan, was it just withdrawn recently because the money movement into the apartment was very recent. So many unanswered questions.

Again, I also see Magu as the whistle blower here cos everything seems to be pointing to him, hence the swiftness in response without due diligence. Else why would someone come and tell me something and I just jump into action without even confirming if it's true or not.

Abegi, I don tire to dey type for this useless country jare...

Nigerians, smh
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
Leebeedo:

Mynd44: :

Without parliamentary approval? High level abuse of office.
So the executive should write the legistature regarding the existence of such an amount? Why not the judiciary too and the chairman of the landlord association on your area .

is there any sense in your reply?
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by deomello: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
mapet:

You need to arm yourself with the procedure, which is applicable in both public and private sector. If you are suspected to have been involved in a questionable activity, the first step is suspension, pending thorough investigation. During the suspension, you are queried and allowed come forward and defend yourself. If your defense is found unsatisfactory, then necessary punishment will be meted out.

So there is nothing wrong here, the government is following laid down procedure

The same people call the president tyrant and dictator while at the same time asking him to arrest and lock people up without investigation, proof of guilt and due process.

Sometimes I wonder about their mental well-being.

1 Like

Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
5oyad:

What evidence is there to show that buhari is still not approving money in cash? There is nothing on ground to show that the loopholes that allowed the stealing in the first place have been blocked

This is how you shift the goal-post. Any evidence that Buhari is approving release of money in cash and for this irresponsible venture will be addressed with the same rationale as we are doing this.
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
azzima:
****Saddest part is most you **** still live in face me I face you while $289M (DAMN!!!) was being shared. Then later you will ask yourselves why your children are shining the shoes of the children of these thieves (your heroes).As for me,as long as I heard of $289M, that hero of mines is now my enemy. That money Will instantly fix all our dilapidated schools. Black men are a curse to his own. Have you heard how Singapore transformed its energy issue with $1Billion?

My brother, it is very sad!!!
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
deomello:

The same people call the president tyrant and dictator while at the same time asking him to arrest and lock people up without investigation, proof of guilt and due process.

Sometimes I wonder about their mental well-being.

If not that I have decided to tone down insult, I would have called him names....
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

TonyeBarcanista: :
I was of the opinion that the cash was a theatric by EFCC, I might be wrong but I will wait for OFFICIAL REPORT and outcome of the investigation before making further comment.

As usual, I don't make brief for individuals when it comes to corruption

Tonye baba!!!! oya lock ursef inside room for 3days and write one of ur missives... iranu!

Let us all shun favouritism and do things with patriotism, slowly but steadily we will get things right if only we can uphold nationalist views and reduce our social media false activity. Do something that can later affect the economy and society positively (even if it'll take a decade before it can come to fruition), not do paper soldier and ethnic bigotry on twitter, facebook, nairaland and all.

We owe the next generation some soft-landing at the least!

Big Word!!!!
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by siddoggg(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
The cash was withdrawn in 2015 but the bundles are all carrying 2016 stamps!....This APC government can lie for the world.Bunch of lieing gays!!#spits
Re: Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. by mapet: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2017
hush15:

Look mate, as far as this issue is concerned, is a no brainer. Buhari and his goons can confuse Nigerians but I refuse to be part of that lot.

To start with, officially, we still don't know who owns the apartment. And if it's by the gist am hearing, which is the DG's wife company that owns the flat, that wife ought to have been arrested and all this suspension is totally unnecessary cos whoever owns the apartment owns that money or is a big witness against whoever owns the money.

If the money was approved by Jonathan, was it just withdrawn recently because the money movement into the apartment was very recent. So many unanswered questions.

Again, I also see Magu as the whistle blower here cos everything seems to be pointing to him, hence the swiftness in response without due diligence. Else why would someone come and tell me something and I just jump into action without even confirming if it's true or not.

Abegi, I don tire to dey type for this useless country jare...

Nigerians, smh

Keep turning logic on its head at will.....and clap for yourself

1. You don't know who owns the apartment in question? with reports on the authentic owner of the apartment being wife of the DG NIA what else are you looking for?
2. What proof do you have that the money was recently moved into the apartment? and to what effect is that in the context of determining why such an amount is in an unsecured location?
3. Magu is the whistle blower? How that made sense to you beats me! But did I just read you type "due diligence"? GAWD!!!! I give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wheelbarrow Pushing Is A Lucrative Business In Benue, Checkout Their Association / Deji Adeyanju: El-Rufai Should Be President For 4 Years / Osinbajo Visits Alaafin's Palace To Condole With The Royal Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.