Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

When Your Wife Is Richer Than You - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (63789 Views)

Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by refiner(f): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
I used to think I wouldn't be comfortable with my future wife earning more than I do, but due to all this feminism bs going around, I'm starting to have a rethink undecided

I mean men and women are equal right

As long as I have my money, I really can't give 2 fvcks about what my wife has.

I buy her a car, she buys me a car; and I think to myself, what a wonderful world smiley
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Mynd44: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
IamMissMarvel:

You are a man, a real man.
Thank you
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by refiner(f): 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
I used to think I wouldn't be comfortable with my future wife earning more than I do, but due to all this feminism bs going around, I'm starting to have a rethink undecided

I mean men and women are equal right

As long as I have my money, I really can't give 2 fvcks about what my wife has.

I buy her a car, she buys me a car; and I think to myself, what a wonderful world smiley
grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by dominique(f): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Jman06:
Though i doubt the authenticity of this story, i'll still say that only a foolish man would send his wife away for being more financially successful. Those men who don't want their wives to work and earn a living do it most times for selfish reasons, yet some lazy ass girls here would not see the ulterior motive. It is all about subjugating the woman so that the man could cheat with different women and the wife will be left with no option but stay and take what the man does to her. That's inprisonment, not love. It does not show that the man takes care of his wife. A man who will take care of you will do even when you are richer. There are many men who are rich, yet their shishi would not fall out to take care of their wives' personal needs, while some men would spend their last card to care for their richer wives and still give her some warm wassage when they are back from work.

That's why i advise ladies to marry good men who sincerely care for them.

You might think this is fiction but it happens for real. I've seen cases of women being made to leave their well paid jobs just to satisfy their insecure husbands only to be subjected to maltreatment when they're no longer financially capable. A handful of my mum's colleagues go through all sorts ill-treatment in the hands of their husbands. One even surrenders her entire salary to her jobless husband just to let peace reign still that does not make her husband respect her. He even spends her money on girlfriends, yet the wife has to keep mum and look the other way so as not to be tagged arrogant and controlling by people. A lot of women are suffering in this country wlalahi.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by figure007(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Omotayor123:

I already answered that. it was basically the man's family.

And from the story above, the woman wasn't pompous at all.
Many people blame her for not building the house and enjoy her wealth in secret.

I wonder if the Man would have been satisfied with her keeping everything from him.
most people doesn't understand this issue because they've not been there .... I stand to be corrected please .... 95% of women earning more than their husband finds it difficult to respect and bow down to their husband ...thats how women are wired ... Take it or leave it .... The women has more pride in them than men I believe you know this? So something must have been wrong somewhere before the woman is sent packing ... Forget building house in the name of the man,is she respectful? And obedient to the husband ? Maybe all she has been doing is just oju aye ...i know what am saying though

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Tallesty1:
The same long story.

Here you are, a lady that haven't met up 5% of Nigeria men and you're already ranting that 99% Nigeria men are insecure bla bla...

I don't know where this mentality is from but I have this to say about it.
Nigeria men are not scared of successful women rather they are scared of control freaks.

The type of woman that only feels good about herself if she makes you feel less than her.

These are the women that my brothers are scared of. It is called being careful and not insecurity.

And for your information, it isn't just Nigeria men, if a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women(career women) is asking for trouble.

If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do ( Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill ( American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier ( Institute for Social Research).

Have you seen that it just isn't a Nigeria thing?

Now can we the stats to back your ridiculous 99.9$ nonsense?

The same studies have found that professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it.

Men are not scared of women with wealth, they're simply not ready for their endless troubles.

Nobody will willingly pierce his body with many sorrows.

Now lemme bring it down to Nigeria women.

This is what happens when a guy asks for the hand of a rich girl in marriage.
Each member of the family will buy one Laser-Sharp Binoculars that can pierce through his flesh and bones and zoom the guy's soul to search his spirit to know if he's after the woman's wealth.

Even when the Binoculars reads negative, they still won't believe it, they will become very envious and are likely to disrespect the guy.

The guy have alota work to do to prove his not after their sister's money before they can respect him.....

The mama will be like, "My daughter, that guy is after your money. He's not good for you, wait my dear, when a good guy comes I will tell you".

Who wants that?

Finally, these women, especially those working in an office or something of that nature do not know that there are things one needs to succeed in business and work.

These things are direct opposite of what we need to have successful marriage and most of these successful women do not know where to cut the line.

To succeed in business, you have to be stubborn, in control etc. Bring these things into your marriage and you are in trouble.
Some successful women would rather blow the house up and everything in it than compromise or take personal responsibility.

Who Wants This?

Women Naturally want to exert control over everything. They enjoy to make those around them feel inadequate, insecure, nervous, angry, anxious and physically sick.

Go to married men that have richer wives and ask them, they will tell you that the message their women pass in everything they do is I don’t trust you to be able to do it right; I don’t respect your judgment; I don’t think you are competent; I don’t value your insight. I can do it all alone.

Stay Alone Then.

If you're rich and no man wants to marry you, it's because you're not good.

Stop consoling yourself with the Nigeria men are insecure around women with wealth.

Acquiring wealth doesn't mean you should get married automatically.
There are many broke single women out there and many rich women are getting married even as we talk.

Work on yourself.

According the op, the women was sent parking because she was rich, and I ask, all these poor broke ladies that gets divorced all the time, is it their wealth that intimidated their husbands?

Bros aberg ooh...Are you the KING solomon in the Bible..This ur knowledge i pray to have it ooh..God Bless U.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Jman06(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
fufuNegusi:

What if she becomes overly pompous and wouldnt do anything in the house,
she becomes very disobedient and unruly, she neglects and ignores your stern instructions

will it still be a wonderful world?
What works in marriage is dialogue, not 'orders' and 'stern warnings'

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by seeniorboy(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
If any used phone for sale(any brand)
Specify!
Urgent buyer's here
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by micflo28(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
As far as I am feeding well to maintain my pot belly grin our kids not sent out of school, the home still running. Make what people think nyash out joor. angry angry
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by sshalom(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
There are many men who are actually babies in thinking. Lack of self confidence and worth represent major challenges for someone who takes the affairs of his home to his family members to decide.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Jman06(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
dominique:

You might think this is fiction but it happens for real. I've seen cases of women being made to leave their well paid jobs just to satisfy their insecure husbands only to be subjected to maltreatment when they're no longer financially capable. A handful of my mum's colleagues go through all sorts ill-treatment in the hands of their husbands. One even surrenders her entire salary to her jobless husband just to let peace reign still that does not make her husband respect her. He even spends her money on girlfriends, yet the wife has to keep mum and look the other way so as not to be tagged arrogant and controlling by people. A lot of women are suffering in this country wlalahi.
Yeah! I'm aware of that, and i partly blame the womenfolk for massaging some insecure men's ego. Women should stop taking sh1t from men! Respect and always reason with the deserving men but never stoop to please an insecured man.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Precial419: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
AM TIRED OF DESE THREADS. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE A JOB, SHE IS A LAZY WOMAN AND ALLOW HER MAN TO OPPRESS HER. IF A WIFE IS RICHER THAN HER HUSBAND, SHE IS SURELY BE PROUD AND DISRESPECTFUL. PLS GUYS R LADIES SUPOSE TO BE SITIN ON D FENCE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by placeofallure(f): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bumbae1:

Yh same thing its all for the kids to have better future so if the wife if rich support her never know two of them go just rich together as God will bless a man who supports his wife dreams and vice versa ...
cc Mynd44 why don't guys like a rich wife ?

Wait is this tayo tayo like real real tayo shocked. U friends with twaci ??

I've always told God, I don't wanna be the kind of wife that they will ask for money and she will say, let my husband come back. Never! In these days of eventualities happening everyday.What if he dies? I don't wanna be at the mercy of family. If my husband were a Dangote, I will still be on my feet working. Who is then that yeye horseband or family that will say I shouldn't reap the fruit of my labour. I will work and I will be successful and if along the line, I am richer than my husband, so be it! I know I'll never treat him badly but if his problem is nothing but ego, then damn him! Yeah! Fvcking damn him!

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
placeofallure:

I've always told God, I don't wanna be the kind of wife that they will ask for money and she will say, let my husband come back. Never! In these days of eventualities happening everyday. If my husband were a Dangote, I will still be on my feet working. Who is then that yeye horseband or family that will say I shouldn't reap the fruit of my labour. I will work and I will be successful and if along the line, I am richer than my husband, so be it! I know I'll never treat him badly but if his problem is nothing but ego, then damn him! Yeah! Fvcking damn him!
If i be guy i for KISS u right now
More of this mind set biko more ... they will thank us later dont mind them .. wink

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Ugosample(m): 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
neocortex:

Well, she is wrong in making up unfounded statistics to back up her point but some
set of men who accuses women of bringing nothing to the table will still be the one
to cry foul if the wife becomes wealthier.

Here you commit the same offence as the lady you quoted, how many Nigerian men do you know
to make such a baseless generalisation.

This trait is primarily a male one as you hardly find women who whine about not being in charge of
their home.

Please speak for yourself as you are not a standard of behaviour for all men.

You are right insecure and possessive men are found everywhere in the world.

You should have included the full reference here so that others can check. Mind you when a large segment
of women are working(60% are part of the workforce in the US), is it any surprise that those who are not
are less happier ?
It is called peer pressure and has nothing to do with gender but humans in general.

Since women wants control over everything as you claimed don't you think they should be ecstatic
that they make more money ?

It is normal for men who feel they are losing control of their home to feel unhappy.

Again context matters, please provide the full reference. But will you be surprised
that a full time housewife care more for her surroundings ?

Of course it is not, but that doesn't make it right either.

Of course her stat has no factual basis.

Sorry to burst your bubble you just picked out a statement that support your
position and excluding the context, here is a part of the forbes article I presume you
referenced:

So, if career women are bad marriage bets, so are career men.

And let me leave you with this rebuttal to your reference here:

At the bold, speak for yourself.

Again, you paint a picture of all richer women based on a subjective observation.

When wealth disparity is obvious, this behaviour may be exhibited by the family whether in a man or woman
as people generally tend to marry within their social group and those who don't may be resisted by their in-laws.
Then I ask if someone isn't welcome in a family , why try to prove himself when he can just walk away ?

The last time I checked women gets tagged as gold-diggers more often than men for obvious reasons.

An easy way to solve this problem is to marry an housewife and maybe get a written agreement
that she will never go into business so that your ego won't be bruised.

This is a false statement, control and dominance is the perogative of males,
some men can go to the extreme to exert control over their wife.
Are you aware that a third of women murders in the US is caused by their male partners ?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/09/men-killing-women-domesti_n_5927140.html
And it is primarily for ego, ownership and control reasons. So women naturally wants control theory
does not hold water.

Again, you break your own rule can you point to any survey you did that confirm your position.
You should never have responded if you also believe in making wild assumptions about people
you know little about.

This is a choice any woman can make.

It is as if you know her personally, but if you don't this is a misplaced advice as it
adds nothing to the discussion except to make your opponent look bad.

Because broke ladies got divorced doesn't mean a woman can't be sent parking because she is richer than her husband.
There are no rules on reason why divorce should occur. Someone could be divorced because of cheating while another
due to "lack of respect"or both, they are not always mutually exclusive.

So men should marry women that fits their description of a wife so as not
to end up as frustrated whiners who complain bitterly about how bad women are.

I love the way you broke it down

2 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by ItzChinnex(m): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
Omotayor123:
I just witnessed a scene where a woman is sent packing from her matrimonial home because she's allegedly "using her husband STAR"
A Star that couldn't buy him a Bicycle before the Marriage.cheesy

Even if she was using the Said Star isn't it just better for her to Continuegrin

Jokes Apart,

This is the Gist:
The couple both work in a Big company But the wife is more financially stable compare to the husband. she's currently building a house with her husband supervising the whole thing. she got a car of recent in her husband's name but the family and the Society won't have any of these.

Her kindness have been turn to wickedness and she's being sent packing in a humiliating manner. (They have a kid)

Now, my question is:

When you were using your own star you can't afford a bike.
When your wife bought you a new car,you and your family said she is spiritually using your star.

Isn't it a Low self esteem If your wife's income and financial status is affecting your confidence as a man

If you Make her life miserable and not make her happy just because she's richer than you, does that not mean you were never in love with her.

Love is peace,not competition. Whoever makes more money shouldn't
be a problem as long as we knows and respects each other as husband and wife.....

What's your Take on This

This is your display picture get as eh be oh
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by blesoh(f): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
firstking01:
Wow, what did i post to deserve such a an accolade and a fulfilling prayer shocked
I wanted to quote mynn, sorry not u
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by blesoh(f): 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
firstking01:
Wow, what did i post to deserve such a an accolade and a fulfilling prayer shocked
Hahahahahaha its for Mynd44, anyway if you are a good man, may the prayer work for you too wink
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by KennyID17(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bumbae1:

If i be guy i for KISS u right now
More of this mind set biko more ... they will thank us later dont mind them .. wink

I think it's safe to say that some ppl have turned this section of NL into an arena where d sexes do battle!!

Well, Weytin konsyn me? Lemme b observing d fights from d top of d Eiffel tower, with u by me side of course! grin grin grin
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
KennyID17:

I think it's safe to say that some ppl have turned this section of NL into an arena where d sexes do battle!!

Well, Weytin konsyn me? Lemme b observing d fights from d top of d Eiffel tower, with u by me side of course! grin grin grin
U know I am a field agent we no dey watch from tower
We dey ground shocked
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by dominique(f): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
Jman06:
Yeah! I'm aware of that, and i partly blame the womenfolk for massaging some insecure men's ego. Women should stop taking sh1t from men! Respect and always reason with the deserving men but never stoop to please an insecured man.

If she stops massaging his ego, she will be tagged as disrespectful, non-submissive arrogant amongst other things. An insecure Nigerian husband is the worst thing to ever happen to a woman

3 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by KennyID17(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bumbae1:

U know I am a field agent we no dey watch from tower
We dey ground shocked

Field agent keh!! shocked shocked

Shioooorrrr!!!! tongue

Lemme goan find pacifist like myself!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
KennyID17:

Field agent keh!! shocked shocked

Shioooorrrr!!!! tongue

Lemme goan find pacifist like myself!!! grin grin
Lol grin yeye comot joor
Make i see berra tingz
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by KennyID17(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
The way i been seeing females using the term Nigerian Men is really appalling to say the least. And also they way males use the term Nigerian Girls is really low. It's obvious both sexes don't want each other. Let us kukuma stop dating awaselves, Naija babes, since Nigerian men ate the worst, do us a favour, goan b dating foreign men!

Naija men, since Naija babes are all gold diggers, do us a favour, goan marry foreign women and leave d Naija babes for us, we wee manage them like that! cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by KennyID17(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol grin yeye comot joor
Make i see berra tingz

embarassed cry
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
And so shall it be for you...
Presh900:
I rather die than be poorer than my wife... [url][/url]
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by KingDizzle(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
INTROVERT:
Questions is, who sent her packing?

LET ME SPEAK FOR THE GUYS before you answer the above.
First of all she, like many others may have lost respect for our husband because 'richer' than them. She suddenly becomes proud and pompous to do household chores etc because she dishes out more dough.

I kinda disagree here. A proud and pompous woman will not purchase a car in her husband's name.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Omotayor123(f): 6:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Nowadays most of.us just throw jabs without digesting a story... My question for u Op since you know them well.

What has the husband been doing with his own salary that we believe must be wasteful, however still made the wife trust him with her building project?

Marriage is not a life of assumption my dear Op many things happens in.our marriages that we don't discuss with people but when there is an outburst people push forward their opinions. Esp when one party wants societal pity.

Before a man that depends on his wife for a beautiful existence can send the wife packing or support families sending her out then it's out of the ordinary my dear. For me there is always a three side to a dem say story. The story, the narrator and the real truth

I believed the husband was manipulated by the his family that the wife is using his STAR.
About the salary issue, I gather the wife earn More.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Omotayor123(f): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ceede:
op the action simply mean the villagers @work, a man who suppose to be using bicycle wants to use car, Taaa he must go back to villa n strt farming.
your comment just made me LOLgrin
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by nemynely(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
Presh900:
I rather die than be poorer than my wife... [url][/url]

I hope you don't speed up ur demise wit your MOUTHY MOUTH & FOOLISH PRIDE!
Pls tink on this - "Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony" - Morpheus, Matrix one.
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
cheesy

If it means i don't have to buy all the designer shoes, bags, gold jewelry, THEN BY ALL MEANS PLEASE LET MY WIFE BE EVEN RICHER THAN DANGOTE
Re: When Your Wife Is Richer Than You by Humility017(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bumbae1:
Whats wrong with the woman being the rich one
Shebi na same thing
God bless you
the problem with some persons they see themselves as being in competition with their spouse...
it should be a thing of joy to a good man to see his wife prosper and attain giant strides...

I don't blame them though low self esteem one of the reasons why many behave so.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Still Remembers This Gadget? / Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Russia Mum Kills Baby &Son Jumping 190ft To Her Death With Kids In Her Arms(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.