Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? (748 Views)

How My Secondary School Classmate Insulted Me On Facebook In 2012 / But Can't A Guy Have A Girlfriend In Peace / Man Born Without Thighs Finds Love In Woman He Met On Facebook In New Mexico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2017
This is at least 50th time I'm uninstalling both Facebook and its Messenger from my mobile phone.

I love to check out some comedy skits and pics especially that of Be Like Bro but I can't be on Facebook for 10 seconds without chats and calls from friends some of whom I can't recognize saying how far, hi, hello, long time, you don forget me naa and other annoying stuffs. Get me right, I do respond to the greetings most times but whenever the discussion heads towards to a certain direction, I put a stop to it.

Even after ignoring the chats, most of them will start calling with the app.

Who else has this issue and how best can one handle it without being tagged (feeling too big)? This is really frustrating.

...Sirjeff.

Cc.Lalasticlala
Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by DEATHisKNOCKING: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2017
Broda why not making another account so you can have peace?
Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by Luckygurl(f): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
SirJeffry:
This is at least 50th time I'm uninstalling both Facebook and its Messenger from my mobile phone.

I love to check out some comedy skits and pics especially that of Be Like Bro but I can't be on Facebook for 10 seconds without chats and calls from friends some of whom I can't recognize saying how far, hi, hello, long time, you don forget me naa and other annoying stuffs. Get me right, I do respond to the greetings most times but whenever the discussion heads towards to a certain direction, I put a stop to it.

Even after ignoring the chats, most of them will start calling with the app.

Who else has this issue and how best can one handle it without being tagged (feeling too big)? This is really frustrating.

...Sirjeff.

Cc.Lalasticlala

What direction is that if I may ask?

You can't actually put a complete stop to people sending in private messages on social media accounts.
It's up to you to seive out the ones you'd like to reply and the ones you wouldn't bat an eyelid ignoring.
It doesn't necessarily cut out as you been arrogant or a snub, it's just you been in control of the persons you let close, so far you're sure your reasons are genuine.

On a flip side, I've followed your posts for a while and I feel it's that ego of been associated with someone who's based outside the country that makes alot of people want to reach out. They only end up putting you off.

I could be wrong tho with that assumption.
Spacyzuma! Do you experience the aforementioned?
If yes, how do you handle it?
You could give the op some tips
Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
You can turn off your chat, that way, when you're online nobody knows. Well, unless you post an update, comment on a post which they can see or like someone's post.

©YBR

1 Like

Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Luckygurl:

You can't actually put a complete stop to people sending in private messages on social media accounts.
It's up to you to seive out the ones you'd like to reply and the ones you wouldn't bat an eyelid ignoring.
It doesn't necessarily cut out as you been arrogant or a snub, it's just you been in control of the persons you let close, so far you're sure your reasons are genuine.

On a flip side, I've followed your posts for a while and I feel it's that ego of been associated with someone who's based outside the country that makes alot of people want to reach out. They only end up putting you off.

On regular days, none of these so called relatives and friends borders to ask how one is faring in foreign land all alone. I'm not a Facebook dude, my page had been virtually empty until some colleague of mine blew my cover. Now they think it's time to stalk me on Facebook for benefits of some sort.

Yes to your bolded words. I chat normal until they start asking for one thing or the other. I do help the little I can but when it becomes a routine, I get mad. These are big boys in Naija who are overly doing well.

I followed someone's advice and have just deactivated my FB account mek I rest afterall I never chop belle full sef.
Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by spacyzuma(m): 9:38am On Apr 24, 2017
Luckygurl:

I can relate to it. And not not just on facebook.
Twitter, nairaland, bbm, whatsapp... I frequently have people vying for my attention, and more.

I respond to most, but I usually don't encourage those whose demands are not important to me.
Re: Can One Ever Go Through Facebook In Peace? by Luckygurl(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
spacyzuma:

I can relate to it. And not not just on facebook.
Twitter, nairaland, bbm, whatsapp... I frequently have people vying for my attention, and more.

I respond to most, but I usually don't encourage those whose demands are not important to me.

Lol!!
I once did wink wink

You handled it maturedly though smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys Get In Here: Do You Know Taking Off Your Condom During S Ex Is An Assault? / Please I Need Advice In My Relationship / VIDEO: Niakid Bathroom Video Recorded By A Beautiful Innocent Girl Leaks Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.