Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,258 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:33 PM

Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition (13069 Views)

Ambode Denies Working For Atiku Against Sanwo-olu's Election / "Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition / Market Demolition; Owerri Elders Visit Graveside Of Their Founding Fathers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by hammerF: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
e dey be dem like say na everybody dey follow chop oil loot and thief politics money.

See poor people means to send children school( pay school fees), pay rent and chop(eat) as dem take scatter am.

Wicked spirit in high places.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by chidisco200: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
USELESS MAN
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by hefelove(m): 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Heard Jagaban bought the place and wants to build a mall

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by trendyupdates: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
That is Nigerian for you. Nobody wants to speak the truth. Apply for PDP recruitment 2017
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/apply-peoples-democratic-party-pdp-recruitment-2017/

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by fatymore(f): 2:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
passyhansome:
Ambode is working Lagos is moving, not until they mark your parent's shop and house for demolition, then Eko on I baje will be very hard and heavy to say
yes o. The poor are getting poorer.... My mum source of livelihood is about to be destroyed.. And she is a widow.... Since we were kids.. In my finals Now... Just praying to God for help

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by bumi10(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
hmmmm

how him no go deny am

na me be Lagos state governor now

Na me have hand in it.

ndi ara
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by mywells: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
hell rufai ordered

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by greatgod2012(f): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
Acidosis:

The laws are meant for the poor and the common Nigerians.

A lot of shops were destroyed in Ojodu, while new ones are being erected, e.g. Justrise. Of course, Ambode wouldn't near Justrise, a property of the Obasanjo's...

On a second note though, that road behind the market is too rough. Lagos markets are just indescribable... a complete contrast to what obtain in many other states. I think a market isn't really appropriate in that axis coupled with the ever disturbing bureau de change mallams on a very tiny road.

I think Ambode and Ogun state Governor need to work out something. Majority of those who use that axis live in Ogun state: first Ojodu Abiodun, then to Alagbole and Akute and Ajuwon, Olambe, etc, and many other places in faraway Ifo LGA of Ogun state.

Ogun state Governor should simply complete the Bridge at Odo-Alagbole so buses and cars can move freely... Thereafter place a complete ban on Okada, and see how swift and seemless Ojodu would become.

Ambode can destroy all he wants, as long as the Ogun state Governor continues to neglect that Alagbole bridge, Okadas will continue to make a mess of his efforts.

It's obvious you know that area very well!

You're truly a Lagosian!
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by barinedan(m): 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Then who gave orders for the demolition as you are denying?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by baby124: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
How can you sell people's shop to a private investor without compensation or notice? Who are the private investors? You people forget you won't be there forever. One day you and these private investors will answer questions and may be forced to relinquish all these fraudulent transactions. Compensate those women for their shops and loss of goods. Or give them their shops back by building something and allocating to them. This is ridiculous. Not everyone can afford to shop in shop rite. So leave our traditional market places alone. It's part of culture and most of those women are breadwinners.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Walinco(m): 2:41pm On Apr 22, 2017
if he said he does have a hand in it,then who are those task force or whatever dey call themselves working for
and about the court order they should av given the traders notice ahead before demolition..

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
Kingspin:
Dictatorship is the manner which the people are been govern in Nigeria. Explain how a popular market were demolitioned and the executive governor is not aware truly, there is fire on the mountain. Something is wrong with one Nigeria.

I'm not sure you know this market... what is popular about the market? The demolition is long over due

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by madjune(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
That expensive market.

Well, hope the prices get levelled.
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by gUdbOiii(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
greatgod2012:

It's obvious you know that area very well!

You're truly a Lagosian!
He he, na my axis na
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by jrusky(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
But good God why is it that anything attached to apc is all about pains to humanity God did you gave us this kind of people to lead this country Since Fashola was in power it has always be this demolition madness please may I ask the so called Lagosian supporting the madness and the governor *please when you destroy or bulldozed everything in the name of mega city madness please how do you generate income to run your state

This nonsense mega city madness you are after is it ghost that will occupy the city when you have chased everybody out or destroy all businesses Later now if a new govt come to power on federal level and refuse to help your state then you will begin a foolish cry of being suppress or neglect. I can't understand this madness and by the way how can a sitting governor said he was not aware a such big market was bulldozed without his consent in a state you are the chief executive and who the hell gave such order without asking you first Ambode I'm getting upset with you a bit with all these silly properties destruction it doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by frisky2good(m): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
Will the people remember by 2019?

Beremx:
Ambode might not just be re-elected in 2019.

His anti-people policies of destruction of properties is becoming offensive.

People are angry o!

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by frisky2good(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
You made some valid points but you did not consider the fact that most of those markets were there before those areas became overcrowded. Look at Alade market in Shomolu. There was a time Market street which is just 2 lanes was big enough to serve that market. Look at Agege market too, same story. Iyana Ipaja, Mile 12..... all those markets were at one time "on the other side of town" but now people have moved closer to them. The solution is a genuine dialogue between government and traders on how to relocate these markets and use the current sites for another thing entirely but do we have genuine people in government? They will chase some people out and put other people there.

Acidosis:

The laws are meant for the poor and the common Nigerians.

A lot of shops were destroyed in Ojodu, while new ones are being erected, e.g. Justrise. Of course, Ambode wouldn't near Justrise, a property of the Obasanjo's...

On a second note though, that road behind the market is too rough. Lagos markets are just indescribable... a complete contrast to what obtain in many other states. I think a market isn't really appropriate in that axis coupled with the ever disturbing bureau de change mallams on a very tiny road.

I think Ambode and Ogun state Governor need to work out something. Majority of those who use that axis live in Ogun state: first Ojodu Abiodun, then to Alagbole and Akute and Ajuwon, Olambe, etc, and many other places in faraway Ifo LGA of Ogun state.

Ogun state Governor should simply complete the Bridge at Odo-Alagbole so buses and cars can move freely... Thereafter place a complete ban on Okada, and see how swift and seemless Ojodu would become.

Ambode can destroy all he wants, as long as the Ogun state Governor continues to neglect that Alagbole bridge, Okadas will continue to make a mess of his efforts.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by gberra: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
fatymore:
yes o. The poor are getting poorer.... My mum source of livelihood is about to be destroyed.. And she is a widow.... Since we were kids.. In my finals Now... Just praying to God for help
fatymoimoi, It is well with you & your family.

The smiling one cheesy
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
APC/Politicians have started to called off or put on hold their useless and wicked policies because of 2019 elections.
What took him long to respond

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Kobicove(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
elfmann:

Make sure u have ur facts..be mindful of libel suits oh.

Don't mind him, he thinks the anonymity of the internet gives him the right to make unverified accusations undecided
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by GMbuharii: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
The fear of ausa pulani is the beginning of wisdom for cone heads grin
whatever,thats chanji they are getting. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by donqx: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
but still nothing can be done without the governors permissiom
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Aarenaija: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
The issue could be a matter of Omo onile and the owners of the market or shops. A long court issue might have been on and when the "other party' felt they have a judgement can go for the Demolition........

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by LyfeJennings(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ambode is a very cruel man
Very very heartless
May God bless Fashola more and more
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Repairnigeria(m): 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
nawa
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by wellmax(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ignorant people all over this thread.
The land in which the marketwas situated has been a subject of litigation for several years. The party that just won the right to ownership decided to take possession immediately after he court judgement.

He may have acted unfairly, but it's now his property. Nothing consign LASG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by moufan: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Beremx:
Ambode might not just be re-elected in 2019.
His anti-people policies of destruction of properties is becoming offensive.
People are angry o!
go and remove him now.nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Timiblanko(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by Timiblanko(m): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
But oga how will they carry out task without approval. YeYe they smell
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by dexmond: 5:29am On Apr 23, 2017
The governor should as a matter of urgency set up a committee to investigate how the market was demolished without the government approval. Anyone found guilty should be prosecuted to serve as lesson that Lagos is not a jungle. There are laws in Lagos.
Re: Ambode Denies Hand In Ojodu Market Demolition by homosapien(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
baby124:
How can you sell people's shop to a private investor without compensation or notice? Who are the private investors? You people forget you won't be there forever. One day you and these private investors will answer questions and may be forced to relinquish all these fraudulent transactions. Compensate those women for their shops and loss of goods. Or give them their shops back by building something and allocating to them. This is ridiculous. Not everyone can afford to shop in shop rite. So leave our traditional market places alone. It's part of culture and most of those women are breadwinners.

I think those saying they weren't given notice are insincere, rumours have been flying since last year that the market will be demolished, about compensation, I make my finding because I know Lot's of people in that market.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Kill 7 Robbers In Lagos / FG Launches Single Register On Poor, Vulnerable / PDP To Lai Mohammed: "You Can't Censor The Media, It's Called Freedom Of Speech"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.