₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,927,614 members, 3,968,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 09:22 AM

Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One - NYSC (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One (27554 Views)

Tall Male Corper & Short Female Corper: "The APC We Have Vs APC We Voted For" / NYSC Accommodation For Lagos Corper 2017 / See How This Lagos Corper Is Rocking His Khaki (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08
kayjee101:
nope bro, will be going with batch 2.
It's going to be this month most likely.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08
kayjee101:
Alaja n sarah are the kind of ladies a man would want to have as a wife, while that girl from Oau and the one from Babc*ck are better off as sidechicks. Your specs though are those you would find on a sidechick, so, whomever you end up with will be a MIRACLE.

You think it's Sarah??

Lol we shall see grin
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08
moumetajasa:

Too early to tell, but from ur description, sarah seems to b a keeper…. excellent piece by the way

Thanks man. Too early to tell about Sarah like you said.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08
HausaOverlord:
will there be any actual fuckery, it is taking long na.

Did the last update do something to you? grin

No fuckery in this story though. Sorry.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08
sconp:
Hajia and Nife are out of the way.

So we're left with Toyo, Sarah and Cassy.

You are sexually drawn to Toyo but don't want any emotional stuff most probably u want a friend with benefits kind of stuff.

With Sarah u are free and chat and explore and she seems interested in u.

Cassy is a crazy girl, it's hard for crazy chics to stay in a r/ship with one guy especially when a thousand others are calling. She could have a one night stand and then move none but since she just came into the picture let'see.

For now, it's between Sarah and Toyo

You really think Nife is out of it? Never underestimate the power of your NYSC first love o grin
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:04pm On Jul 08
Bowwow11:
ur experience in camp is intriguing wayward pikin but d story is interesting keep d write up goin bro

That's more like it. Thanks!

Are you serving?
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08
Rinsola32:

I just finished reading the dose for today. Interesting I must say.
Story is slowly coming to an end though. I hope I tried? grin
And how's your weekend going?
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:07pm On Jul 08
kakadinho0880:
Waywardpikin, I gbadun this your new style of constant updates... Let it continue ooo.... Nice work

Mr Constant Updates!!! I greet you ooo grin grin

Thanks man.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:08pm On Jul 08
noahliwa:

OK!! THAT WAS FREAKING HILARIOUS! My stomach aches. Well done, keep up the good work.

grin grin grin

Thanks man
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08
Skmoda360:
Good job bro...waywardpikin....i'm really enjoying your 'tory.

Thanks boss. Glad you guys enjoy it.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08
Trinaxx:
Oga Wayward!!! Lord of the Ass!. Almost all the babes in your nysc memoirs have yansh! Kai!
Meanwhile, Cassy the new catch is diametrically opposite to the "first-class female engineer" stereotype. Nna, the image being pushed is that of a ghastly Kim Kardashian melded with Miley Cyrus bohemian-nihilist archetype.
But there's something about Sarah...she seems the one.

Hahahaha... well I have to admit - I'm an ass man! And like you said, almost not all.

Yes Cassy is really a departure from the norm. Smart, witty, intelligent, open minded, rich! Really a breath of fresh air.

And aren't bohemian-nihilists typically very intelligent? Sometimes maybe even too intelligent for their own good.

Lol you also think it's Sarah? Well we are now in the final act. Story should wrap up soon.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08
wintersnow:
I would place my bet on that Hausa chick tho grin

shocked shocked shocked

Lol let's see how it pans out..
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:21pm On Jul 08
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:24pm On Jul 08
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08
Dedicated to kakadinho0880

'You!!!'

I looked left and right, and then pointed at myself.

'Yes, you!! It's like you have gone mad abi? Is that how I taught you to march?'

I looked at our new platoon commander with a clueless expression on my face. For a second my mind had drifted off to God knows where. Our platoon commander had been changed from the huge, black and scary goliath to this shorter mass of flesh with a protuding belly. He was just as mean, maybe even more so than the former. And as far as I was concerned he was taking this whole drill thing way too personally.

'I've been watching you. Others will be standing at attention you will stand at ease. They will stand at ease you will stand at attention. How many times do I need to teach you people this thing? Are you insane? Come on go to the back and join the others, you miserable waste of space!' he yelled at me.

Ignoring the eyes on me, I left those marching and went to the back of the parade ground to join the others who were 'unfit' to march properly and represent our platoon in the parade contest. Needless to say, I was very happy.

Who get that smelling time to go dey march upandan for inside hot sun? How much food I dey chop?

The sun shone lazily as it readied itself for dusk. At this stage in the NYSC programme, complaints had reduced drastically as most corpers had properly adjusted to life in camp and knew how to boycott activities they didn't really want to participate in - for the most part. I spotted Sarah talking with another lady, so comfortable among the disqualified from our platoon. I approached her with a smile on my face.

'I should have known you would be here. Where else would you be?'

'Go away jare,' she said laughing.

'First you've been skipping morning drills and now you don't know how to march abi? You'll just be teaching me bad things. You're a bad influence.'

'I don't know how to march jo. Who marching epp?' She countered.

'You this girl... you no just like stress for your life at all.'

'Before nko? You that you're talking, aren't you supposed to be marching? You were marching rubbish right?' she said as I burst out laughing. And then she stopped laughing.

'I'm not even supposed to be laughing with you,' she said, putting on a pouty face and crossing her arms.

'Why na? What I do?'

'I called you twice last night and you didn't pick, you couldn't call and worst of all you stood me up!'

'I'm really sorry. It's not like that,' I said.

'It's not like what? Okay what happened?' she asked.

Hmm... what happened? Okay I met this super sexy chick that discombobulated my brain circuitry such that I refused picking her calls and I decided not to see her.

'I wasn't feeling too fine. So I was actually asleep the whole time yesterday night. I didn't mean to miss your calls or stand you up. You know I would never do something like that. Abi I dey crase ni?' I explained.

'Well, it's cool sha. How are you feeling now?'

'A bit better thank you,' I said, wincing in pain for dramatic effect. 'I'll be fine. Hope you were not too bored last night?'

'Not really. At least I had my friend to keep me company,' she said as she introduced me to the lady standing next to her. She was a married young woman named Ngozi, who spoke with a heavy igbo accent and acted like we were still living in the 90s. I noticed the wedding ring on her finger as we shook hands. We all went to sit under the canopy, watching the serious corpers marching while we gisted and passed the time. By 6PM the flag was lowered and the bugle was blown, signifying the end of afternoon/evening drill. I noticed that it was a different person blowing the bugle now, and I wondered if whatever was wrong with the former guy was actually that serious. As the crowd at the parade ground began to disperse, I sat under the canopy with Sarah, wondering how the rest of the day was going to be. The married lady had left.

'So what do you usually do at a time like this?' I asked her.

She shrugged. 'I don't know. Go to the hostel. Sleep.'

'I was hoping we could go somewhere and chill. You know...' I subtly hinted.

'Well I know a place where they sell good chilled palm wine. We could go there.'

'Great idea!'

As a Wayward Pikin, I already knew the place she was talking about so we went there to bask in each other's company, laughing over kegs of fresh palm wine. As we spoke, something strange was happening to me. I was catching feelings! It was darker by this time and Mami market was brightly illuminated. The bright lights caught her face at just the right angle, making her look even more beautiful and exotic than usual. I couldn't stop looking into her cat eyes. Looking into them was like looking into a beautiful, bottomless ocean - an ocean of secrets, hidden dreams and passion. I couldn't draw my gaze away from hers. And she wouldn't stop staring either, her feline eyes poring into my soul, looking for answers and heavy with questions that her mouth was not asking. On the surface we were just talking and getting to know each other, but on a deeper level something else was going on - or at least that's what I thought and my thoughts have sometimes turned out to be wrong. At my core I'm just a guy who loves to romanticize things, so I'm usually very careful not to act on my thoughts.

Soon afterwards we were both feeling hungry so we went to Akwa Ibom Connection to enjoy some Calabar delicacies. While there my phone started ringing - it was Hajia. I picked up.

'Hey sweetie,' Hajia said.

'Sexy Hajia... how market na?'

'Market is not good o... Market is not happy!' She said.

'What happened?'

'Don't ask me what happened. Where are you? I want to see you,' she demanded.

'Umm...' I stuttered, looking at Sarah. 'I'm at Akwa Ibom Connection. I'm eating.'

'Okay I know there. I'm coming,' she said.

'But -' I was saying. Unfortunately she had already hung up.

Hajia was on her way!

Xoxo,

Wayward Pikin.

NP - Hate What You Do To Me - 2Baba

9 Likes

Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Rinsola32(f): 5:53pm On Jul 08
waywardpikin:

Story is slowly coming to an end though. I hope I tried? grin

And how's your weekend going?

Yeah. I understand it's just a three weeks story so it will definitely not be long. You really tried as I can't even do what you have done.

Weekend dey all. Cold lagos
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by kakadinho0880: 6:42pm On Jul 08
Round one: Haija vs Sarah
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by kakadinho0880: 6:42pm On Jul 08
Round one: Haija vs Sarah
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Bowwow11(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08
waywardpikin:

That's more like it. Thanks!
Are you serving?
nop bt am goin with batch A stream 2
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by sconp: 8:47pm On Jul 08
Oboy! What would be the right move now??
Hajia and Sarah meeting each other would make them jealous and make u more expensive bt would that be a great move??
Let's see what the boss waywardpikin will do.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by kayjee101: 9:34pm On Jul 08
waywardpikin:

It's going to be this month most likely.
wink; i don't mean stream 2. Ours should be in November I suppose, that's if we will go this year.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by kayjee101: 9:52pm On Jul 08
waywardpikin:

You think it's Sarah??

Lol we shall see grin
no bro, i mean based on your preference for an alluring lady, that Oau girl or that babco*k girl is the kind of woman you might likely end up with[they can confuse a whole destiny]; and based on reasoning, a wise man would want to end up with the like of Hajia or Sarah[they will construct your entire destiny]. Am not wise though, but I will choose Sarah over that Oau girl and die a Happy Man.
I don't want to talk about the recent one cause the sight of her alone will scare the fork out of me; I don't even take that sheet she collected from you the other night. She might probably be the death of me if I ever venture. You are a hardman bro, you might survive all these things I envisage.
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Akhenisi(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12
hmmmmn.. Hajia and Sarah.. . ghen ghen shocked
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by adriel7(f): 7:30am On Jul 13
Nice story @waywardpikin.
You are a very good orator.
I had a swell time too at camp this year. cheesy
But definitely not as dramatic as yours. cheesy
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by wintersnow(m): 1:08pm On Aug 03
Why you keep ya niqqers for fence like this nah!
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by ezzylee(m): 8:57pm On Aug 03
Waywardpikin how far na... Its almost been a month since your last update. Hope everything dey fine?
We dey wait you oooo
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Skmoda(m): 11:33am On Aug 04
Waywardpikin, where you bro, come and finish this 'tory oo
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Problemsolver14: 12:19am On Sep 29
Hello corpers/everyone.. If you want to be reposted to the state of your choice, or you know anyone who is desperately seeking to be reposted look no further!! Everything has been made so difficult and seems near impossible to be relocated but you will be amazed at how easy and stress free it is to be relocated! Pls email problemsolver1004@gmail.com or text or call 09093434390 so I can give you the break down. Terms and conditions apply. Pls for serious people only. Thank
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by Lawlahdey(f): 4:38pm On Oct 09
WaywardPikin angry angry angry
Re: Nysc Chronicles Of A Wayward Lagos Corper - The Search For The One by waywardpikin(m): 4:56pm On Nov 29
Lawlahdey:
WaywardPikin angry angry angry

Lawlahdey kiss kiss kiss

(0) (1) (2) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri / A Nairalander Wins Mr. Macho In NYSC Camp (Photos) / BATCH C14 OYO STATE THREAD

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.