Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? (1486 Views)

Baffled Lagosian Says He Found Allah’s Name On His Sallah Meat / Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
We are told by Muslims that Allah means God in Arabic. Well, Christians say that the name of their God is YAHWEH. If that is the case, then what is the name of the Muslim god if Allah means god?

What is allah's name?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Allah have 99 beautiful names,which i wont list out for u cos it will make no meaning to ugrin

but i want to educate u that,arab christians call still use the name Allah,instead of ur yahweh,jewish muslims use Allah instead of ur yahwehgrin

you see,Allah is a unique name name,muslims all over the world uses it,irrespective of tribe,colour country etc.

But pls kindly tell me,if chinese,koreans,russians,etc refer to the christian God as yahweh,or they ve local name suitable for their language

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
Allah have 99 beautiful names,which i wont list out for u cos it will make no meaning to ugrin

but i want to educate u that,arab christians call still use the name Allah,instead of ur yahweh,jewish muslims use Allah instead of ur yahwehgrin

you see,Allah is a unique name name,muslims all over the world uses it,irrespective of tribe,colour country etc.

But pls kindly tell me,if chinese,koreans,russians,etc refer to the christian God as yahweh,or they ve local name suitable for their language
1. When you say there is no god but allah, which of the numerous allah are you talking about?

2. Since all the so-called beautiful names of allah are not found in the Bible, can we still say that allah is the same as the Yahweh of the Bible?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
1. When you say there is no god but allah, which of the numerous allah are you talking about?

2. Since all the so-called beautiful names of allah are not found in the Bible, can we still say that allah is the same as the Yahweh of the Bible?

1 ur three in one god(s)nd other small small deitiesgringrin

2 Allah is the same as ur ninle yahweh...but why did u dodge my question na,which name do chinese,koreans,indians call their bible Godgrin

iam waiting for ur straight forward answer,else dont bother to quote megrinsmiley

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by obafemee80(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

The Muslim God has only one name,ALLAH
The other 99 names are his attributes(qualities,characteristics)
Anyway,we all worship the same God irrespective of the name you call him and mode of worship...
Allah,yahwe,Olorun,...

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
1 ur three in one god(s)nd other small small deitiesgringrin

2 Allah is the same as ur ninle yahweh...but why did u dodge my question na,which name do chinese,koreans,indians call their bible Godgrin

iam waiting for ur straight forward answer,else dont bother to quote megrinsmiley

1. Then why do Muslims still say they worship the same God of the Bible?

2. allah is very little and cannot be compared to YAHWEH. Allah is Satan. If you say otherwise, then can you say YAHWEH is Great in the mosque? Those nations call YAHWEH is the name of the God of the Bible.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:

Anyway,we all worship the same God irrespective of the name you call him and mode of worship...
Allah,yahwe,Olorun,...
We don't all worship the same God. Muslims want you to say Allah is the only god. Failure to say that results in them beheading you.
why can't they leave me alone to say YAHWEH is my God?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

1. Then why do Muslims still say they worship the same God of the Bible?

2. allah is very little and cannot be compared to YAHWEH. Allah is Satan. If you say otherwise, then can you say YAHWEH is Great in the mosque? Those nations call YAHWEH is the name of the God of the Bible.
ure quick to insult my God now,to u its normal thing,no big deal,its evidence ure just blabbing,no tangible factsgrin

we muslims dont worship ur yahweh abeg,we worship one nd only Allahsmiley

u ve ssuccesfully dodge two of my questions now,while i provide answers to urs,now tell me,christians claims the father,son nd the holy spirit are inseperable right...pls when jesus "the son"(take note of the quotation,its very neccesaary) was nailed to the wooden cross,does this means the father nd the holy spirit were nailed to the cross too,since they are inseperablegringrin

i would love to hear ur opinion,since ur story book of a bible does not answer to thatsmiley

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by lepasharon(f): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:

Those 99 names are descriptions. The muslim name for god- Allah, is not a name but a title. The word god is a title. What ur gods name?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
lepasharon:

Those 99 names are descriptions. The muslim name for god- Allah, is not a name but a title. The word god is a title. What ur gods name?
ALLAH,Dsmileywink

pls whats the universal name for ur bible god,or u want to tell me indians,russians,french,ukranians etc refers to the bible god as yahweh,or they ve replaced it with a name in their lingo,answer me dear lepacheesy
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by obafemee80(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
We don't all worship the same God. Muslims want you to say Allah is the only god. Failure to say that results in them beheading you.
why can't they leave me alone to say YAHWEH is my God?
i'm a Muslim and will never behead you cos you a christian...
The prophet never preached that and was never written in the Quran and Al-hadith to do that...
There are extremists in other religions besides Islam,so Islam is not alone in this...like the latest case in Russia
Extremist from Europe/America(kkk)that are christians are normally termed as psychopaths
While the Muslim counterparts are called terrorist(Isis)

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by lepasharon(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
ALLAH,Dsmileywink

pls whats the universal name for ur bible god,or u want to tell me indians,russians,french,ukranians etc refers to the bible god as yahweh,or they ve replaced it with a name in their lingo,answer me dear lepacheesy

Allah is not a name, its a title.

What is the name for ur god?

And redirect ur question to the christians
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:

i'm a Muslim and will never behead you cos you a christian...
The prophet never preached that and was never written in the Quran and Al-hadith to do that...
There are extremists in other religions besides Islam,so Islam is not alone in this...like the latest case in Russia
Extremist from Europe/America(kkk)that are christians are normally termed as psychopaths
While the Muslim counterparts are called terrorist(Isis)
It's either you are lying or you know nothing about your Quran. Your quran tells you to behead those who disbelieve in Islam e.g Christians.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

The above verse speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
ALLAH,Dsmileywink

Why are you being cunning in a weak way?

The word God is an English word which means Olorun in Yoruba, Chukwu in Igbo etc. Indians, Mexicans, Russians also have their language's own word for the English word God. The Christians among them call their God YAHWEH, while the pagans have a name for their own god. Muslims claim Allah is the Arabic word for god. If so, then what is the name of the Muslim god?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Why are you being cunning in a weak way?

The word God is an English word which means Olorun in Yoruba, Chukwu in Igbo etc. Indians, Mexicans, Russians also have their language's own word for the English word God. The Christians among them call their God YAHWEH, while the pagans have a name for their own god. Muslims claim Allah is the Arabic word for god. If so, then what is the name of the Muslim god?
ignorance is a very terrible disease,islam originated from arab,nd Allah is the name for the one God,what other name do u want,ohhh u want the pigin name for Allah,just like how yahweh have so many names in different countries right.

Hiaan,even arab christians uses the word Allah,nd if u ve seen arabic bible,it starts with"bismilahi rahaman ar-rahim".
Ve u questioned this,no.

Ur christian brethren are desperate to spread the gospel in every city,lol

but anywhere in the world,Allah is the only unique name,muslims use,can u christians beat that?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by obafemee80(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

It's either you are lying or you know nothing about your Quran. Your quran tells you to behead those who disbelieve in Islam e.g Christians.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

The above verse speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').
Hmmmm The researcher...
If I should quote your bible where your yahwe said what you quoted above
Don't tell me it is an old testament,
You leave the new testament and run to old testament when you want things that favours you
You keep asking about Allah on nairaland cos your conscience/spirit/souls keep telling you to seek for guidance/deliverance from him..
Highly educated Christians/pagans/athiest have said more than this and still converted to muslim,so why not you grin
Its only Allah not human that can guide you to his path...
Ma salam grin

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
lepasharon:

Allah is not a name, its a title.

What is the name for ur god?

And redirect ur question to the christians
nd the title means whatgrin

ure about to shoot ur sef in the footcheesy
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:

Hmmmm The researcher...
You leave the new testament and run to old testament when you want things that favours you
You keep asking about Allah on nairaland cos your conscience/spirit/souls keep telling you to seek for guidance/deliverance from him..
Highly educated Christians/pagans/athiest have said more than this and still converted to muslim,so why not you grin
Ma salam grin
If you quote properly, you will realise that it was directed to the nation of ISRAEL and not to Christians. But allah's directive is for Muslims of all nations. Why would allah order for the death of Christians and pagans? Why not preach to them?

allah is weak, that's why he needs humans to terrorise innocent people for him.

BTW, why do you Muslims find it difficult spelling YAHWEH correctly? Or are you guys afraid of His name? It only shows you guys don't want to acknowledge Him, yet you claim that you worship the God of the Bible and also claim all the biblical prophets. What a lie islam is.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:

Those are not name, but rather attributes, even scholars will not assume such as his name in this century, bit centuries ago they can be
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
ignorance is a very terrible disease,islam originated from arab,nd Allah is the name for the one God,what other name do u want,ohhh u want the pigin name for Allah,just like how yahweh have so many names in different countries right.

Hiaan,even arab christians uses the word Allah,nd if u ve seen arabic bible,it starts with"bismilahi rahaman ar-rahim".
Ve u questioned this,no.

Ur christian brethren are desperate to spread the gospel in every city,lol

but anywhere in the world,Allah is the only unique name,muslims use,can u christians beat that?
You keep dancing about.

You claim Allah means god, at the same time you say Allah is the name of the god Arabs believe in. Pls, where do you stand?

1. If allah means god, do you think anyone will believe me if I insult Allah in Saudi Arabia and tell them that the Allah am talking about is Sango?

2. If you say Allah is a name of a god, then do you agree that he is not the one called YAHWEH in the Bible?

*pls, provide proof that Christians in Arabia call their God allah and that their Bible has Bisimillahi written on it. Don't just make claims*
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Those are not name, but rather attributes, even scholars will not assume such as his name in this century, bit centuries ago they can be
Somebody should Pls tell us Allah's name.

Or is he nameless?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Somebody should Pls tell us Allah's name.

Or is he nameless?

Just like moses asked God for his name, Maybe Mohammed forgot to ask, an him being the authority behind Quran, could not declare Allah's name but to use an Idol's name(Illah), Questions must be asked
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by annunaki2(m): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:

Hmmmm The researcher...
Ma salam grin

But you lied before that there was no such verse in the quoran, now that the verses have been quoted, I would have expected you to condemn them but you can't because you know it's your allah's word and it's Allah that inspires terrorism in Muslim terrorists.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by lepasharon(f): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
nd the title means whatgrin

ure about to shoot ur sef in the footcheesy

God is not a name, you need to have specific name for the god you worship.

In the bible it tells you the name of god.

If Islam is going to plagarise the bible at least plagarise the name of god and get it right undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:

Allah,yahwe,Olorun,...
@colored texts.

Are sure very sure all religious folk worship same god?

Dó you worship a god whose son died on the cross to save the whole world?

Dó you worship a god who created the universe using egg?

Dó you worship a god who rewards his followers for killing non-followers?

Dó you worship a god that inflict those who offend him with pox?

Dó you worship a god who when gets angry, his mouth become filled with fire?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yahweh is powerful, says all Christian

Allah is the most powerful, says Muslims

Confused religions

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
lepasharon:

God is not a name, you need to have specific name for the god you worship.

In the bible it tells you the name of god.

If Islam is going to plagarise the bible at least plagarise the name of god and get it right undecided
nd i insist Allah is the name,whats there for u pple to understand

Quran was revealed in arabic,in saudi arabia,home of islam,so what other name do u expect other than arabic name,which is Allah.

If i continue to school till thy kingdom come,u pple will always choose to see it the way u wish.

By the way none of u have answered my question oo gringrin

christians claim the father,son nd holy spirit are inseperable,when the son was nailed to the cross,was the father nd spirit nailed with him,or they deserted himgrin
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
nd i insist Allah is the name,whats there for u pple to understand

Quran was revealed in arabic,in saudi arabia,home of islam,so what other name do u expect other than arabic name,which is Allah.

If i continue to school till thy kingdom come,u pple will always choose to see it the way u wish.

By the way none of u have answered my question oo gringrin

christians claim the father,son nd holy spirit are inseperable,when the son was nailed to the cross,was the father nd spirit nailed with him,or they deserted himgrin
Pls, your questions are not relevant to the topic but a diversionary method. Don't derail the thread.

Here you say Allah is the name of the god Arabs worship. Okay, what is the Arabic word for god?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by Khd95(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Pls, your questions are not relevant to the topic but a diversionary method. Don't derail the thread.

Here you say Allah is the name of the god Arabs worship. Okay, what is the Arabic word for god?
dont twist my words mr mangrin

i didnt say Allah is the name of the God arabs worship,u cunning manipulator

I said Allah is the name of the God muslims all over the world worship,even primary kid will understand more.
To ur new question,the answer remain Allah,twist it anyhow u wish okgringrin
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Khd95:
dont twist my words mr mangrin

i didnt say Allah is the name of the God arabs worship,u cunning manipulator

I said Allah is the name of the God muslims all over the world worship,even primary kid will understand more.
To ur new question,the answer remain Allah,twist it anyhow u wish okgringrin
Typical Muslim, always dancing about when faced with the truth. grin

If Allah is the name of the god Muslims all over the world worship, then what is the Arabic word for god?

Pls, answer me. grin
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by obafemee80(m): 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
adepeter26:

@colored texts.

Are sure very sure all religious folk worship same god?

Dó you worship a god whose son died on the cross to save the whole world?

Dó you worship a god who created the universe using egg?

Dó you worship a god who rewards his followers for killing non-followers?

Dó you worship a god that inflict those who offend him with pox?

Dó you worship a god who when gets angry, his mouth become filled with fire?
My God doesn't fit into any of the descriptions above...
I'm talking of ALMIGHTY ALLAH,the Most Beneficent,the Most Merciful
Allah the One and only God
Re: Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? by alBHAGDADI: 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
obafemee80:
My God doesn't fit into any of the descriptions above... I'm talking of ALMIGHTY ALLAH,the Most Beneficent,the Most Merciful Allah the One and only God
What is the Arabic word for god?
If it is allah, then what is the name of the allah that Muslims worship?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cognitive Dissonance!church "apoints" First Openly Muslim Priest! / The Power Of Deathbed Confession / Video Of The Prophecy - Nigeria Vs Guinea - Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.