Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) (49668 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by RetroBoy: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
policy12:

Naija we will always have something to hold on to yesterday it was NK bail, today na Obas issues we will leave national matter and concentrate on Matias.

Our looters always serve us something hot to argue, to say and distract us from d major issues..in fela voice my people dey inside bus suffering and smiling.
You mean the looters told the Oba of Lagos and the Ooni of Ife to snub each other in order to distract Nigerians?
I never knew that!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bangalee1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ooni of Ife needs to start forming for some people, he needs a little bit of pride and arrogance as a king.
Eleko of eko baba Fuad is a Royal tout representing #TeamLagos, Don't ever disrespect the Arole Odua.
#IstandWithOoni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by DJInfluence: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
and a new meme is born. guys what are you waiting for? we need the memes to start pouring in...
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by cotzywitzy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Rilwan is just an old fool....

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Chiedu4Trump: 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Make una no blame Oba of Lagos, angry
he may think that the Ooni is an igbo man that belongs in the Lagoon. grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by salford: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
maybe the eleko was only reminding him that as the Ooni he is not meant to be seen everywhere and shaking hands with other obas...lol
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by mr1759: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
oba of Lagos has a Benin blood in him he is a born warrior, that should be respected by all, he associated with who ever he chooses his no man has right to question his conduct except the great oba of benin
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by goldedprince: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
this is what happens when an eagle starts eating foul food together with foul
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by goldman777: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

There is no grudge nor argument about this, the Seat or throne of Lagos is that of Yoruba not Benin. All Oba of Lagos have always been Yorubas except a period when the Oba of Benin conquered Lagos and placed a representative there till when the British came and restored the throne back to the Yoruba King.

Ur are wrong it had nothing to do with d British picking an oba. It started with oba akintoye and oba dosunmu who stopped paying tribute and homage to the oba of benin these where formers oba,s of lagos and remained a stand alone oba away from the influence of oba of benin,oni and alafin check your history books before arguing
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
goldman777:

Ur are wrong it had nothing to do with d British picking an oba. It started with oba akintoye and oba dosunmu who stopped paying tribute and homage to the oba of benin these where formers oba,s of lagos and remained a stand alone oba away from the influence of oba of benin,oni and alafin check your history books before arguing
So are Oba Akintoye and Dosunmu Benin men or Yoruba men?
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by monex(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

Oba Ado was in fact the first Oba of Lagos placed there by the Oba of Benin and he paid tribute and taxes to the Benin Empire. What I am just trying to say is that the Oba of Lagos is occupied by an Awori King and not by a Benin person. Aworis migrated from Ife to that farm settlement named Eko by the Oba of Benin.
Oba Ado is a son of Ashipa (the Benin Warrior). All Obas of Lagos trace lineage from Ashipa
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by monex(m): 4:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

Benin Men na

House of Ologun Kutere (an Oba Ado Descendant)
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by goldman777: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

The first oba of lagos oba ado was a yoruba awori man installed by a benin king and paid tribute to benin.no oba of lagos ever paid tribute called isakole in Yoruba to d oni or alaffin.the oba,s of lagos has always been isolated when they stopped paying tribute to benin.this are historical facts.so the oba of lagos doesnt feel subjected to the oni even though he is a yoruba man unlike under yoruba oba,s directly appointed by the oni or alaffin and recieve tributes and homage from them
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
monex:

Benin Men na

House of Ologun Kutere (an Oba Ado Descendant)
These names are Yoruba names and not Benin.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
goldman777:

The first oba of lagos oba ado was a yoruba awori man installed by a benin king and paid tribute to benin.no oba of lagos ever paid tribute called isakole in Yoruba to d oni or alaffin.the oba,s of lagos has always been isolated when they stopped paying tribute to benin.this are historical facts.so the oba of lagos doesnt feel subjected to the oni even though he is a yoruba man unlike under yoruba oba,s directly appointed by the oni or alaffin and recieve tributes and homage from them
No Yoruba Oba pays tribute or taxes to Ooni and Alaafin except for the small baales in Ife and Oyo. The likes of Awujale,Alake do not pay tribute to any of them.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by monex(m): 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

Just go read about the history.

Lagos is inhabited by the aworis although most of the island was uninhabited and was a war camp.

However, the bloodline of the Obas are binis.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by monex(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

Yorubas and Benin have language links as you would expect from border tribes. A lot of Edos bear Yoruba names and there are words with similar meanings in both languages.

for instance - Eletu Odibo - the title of the King maker in Lagos - is a benin word.

Also, hope you realise that the Obas of Lagos up till Oba Akintoye were buried in Benin
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by goldman777: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

No Yoruba Oba pays tribute or taxes to Ooni and Alaafin except for the small baales in Ife and Oyo. The likes of Awujale,Alake do not pay tribute to any of them.

Who told u that guy abeg i tire for ur kind argument its like u just lik argument grin
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
monex:

Yorubas and Benin have language links as you would expect from border tribes. A lot of Edos bear Yoruba names and there are words with similar meanings in both languages.

for instance - Eletu Odibo - the title of the King maker in Lagos - is a benin word.

Also, hope you realise that the Obas of Lagos up till Oba Akintoye were buried in Benin
Just like the Oba of Benin used to be buried in Ife.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by tomsy2: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

Very apt reply.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by monex(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
bakynes:

not true
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by LEKAYHIS(m): 4:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Something should be done to settle this amicably
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by lazygal: 10:42am On Apr 29, 2017
mummyson26:

No way!!!Ronaldo is now king... Don't really like messi I see him as offish no connection to fans and I rember when he snobbed Obama daughters ...Rinaldo has the presence,skills,looks,height... commercial success outside foot ball.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Slurity(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
DJSlimGaga:

You lack common sense
I have leaved almost all my life in Lagos and I know what am talking about. As a Yoruba man that I am. I can say it anywhere that children raised or born in lagos lack manner and respect as compared to other yoruba state. Am if you dont like what i said come and beat me
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Ayobami7(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Immensely thought out! Can't wait to try it out. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masquerade In London. White Men Wearing Egungun Costume Dance In London Streets / Masquerade Uncovers His Face To Beg A Man Money(photos) / Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.